Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fading Beauty ❯ Chapter I ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: My first Yu-Gi-Oh fanfic. Please be kind and don't flame! Some of the events mentioned were taken from RPs with my friends.

_________________________

Fading Beauty

_________________________

Bakura sighed, looking at the stars. She loved these. The yami began to walk down the empty streets of the city. She loved the quiet. He entered a park, sitting on a bench gingerly. She loved…me.

The dark Bakura brushed his wild virgin white hair away from his face. "Damn Ryou's body. I hate it…so weak. Not like long ago…" I protected her. He shook his head. "I'll have my revenge for you…my dear sweet love. My…Lin."

The Egyptian thief allowed himself to cry. As he wept, he couldn't help but think of that woman. Lin.

~~~

It was a brutally hot day. No merchants were out, so there was nothing to steal. "Boring!" The past Bakura groaned, sitting under a tree for shade. That's when he saw her.

A gypsy caravan had somehow made its way to Egypt. The cart was battered and beaten, the colorful tarps covering the top were full of holes, and the horses were scarred and scraped.

Must be from the last sandstorm. Bakura thought to himself. He looked at the cart. "The must be wealthy." He muttered to himself. He watched the people unload. A young girl came from inside the caravan, following a short and plump woman.

"Lin, you really need to marry someone, or at least learn fortune telling!

"I'm trying, Grandmother."

"An another thing! You need to take better care of yourself! No more stealing! Understood?!"

"Yes, Grandmother."

The girl had dark black hair, which flowed to her waist. Her eyes were of a metal gray, although they looked mean, within was a pool of serenity. She wore a long purple skirt, with a white short sleeved top. ((A/N: Yes. An Esmerelda look. The Hunchback of Notre Dame is your friend.))

She looked around. "We left France…for sand. I'd prefer begging on the streets than sleeping on the sand." She walked away.

Bakura twitched and rubbed his eyes. This girl was rude! But she spoke her mind. But was she real? He had only seen the women who hid their faces, and their true personality. And that bores me more! He commented in his mind. He decided, the heck with it, and follow that odd Lin-girl.

___

Lin was climbing a wall. She was having trouble, because her skirt was caught on a wooden barrel below.

She grunted. She pulled. She cursed out the makers of this package in multiple tongues.

"Need help?" Bakura asked sarcastically, but pretty cruelly.

"Not from a street rat like you!"

"Touchy touchy. You're no more than a street mouse, with your torn clothes. Were you going to steal from that house?"

"Are you with the Pharaoh's guards?"

"No."

"Then couldn't you just -tell-?"

"I thought it would be nice to ask." He laughed, half-heartedly. When he stopped, he walked over and pulled the skirt from the wood.

"Newbie thief?"

"I stole in Paris! And the guards there are rude!"

"Paris, huh? Where's that?"

"In Europe."

"You've been to Europe?"

"Yeaaah. You haven't?"

"Born a thief in Egypt, you stay a thief in Egypt. My name is Bakura. Yours?"

"…Lin."

"You're the first gyp I've met, Lin."

Bakura smiled to himself. Maybe she could be his partner. He could just see it! The biggest robbery chains in all of Cairo! No, in the entire Empire! He would be rich, and Lin would be independent. They would both get what they wanted.

She hit him. With a clay vase.

"HOW DARE YOU CALL ME THAT! I DON'T CALL YOU ANYTHING NASTY YOU URCHIN!"

The dark intentioned boy heard none of this. He lie unconscience on the dusty ground below.

Lin began to panic. "DAMMIT!"

____________________________
Chapter One End