Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fairy Dust ❯ Awake ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 2- Awake

~Normal Point of view~

Anzu called out to her friends in the other room. "Guys, we have a BIG problem!" Anzu yelled on the verge of tears. THE KID HAD WINGS! For the love of god, what was she supposed to do? Anzu fell back without taking her stare off the kid. No, this wasn't kid. This was… she didn't know what was. "Guys! Don't you understand the meaning of BIG PROBLEM! LET ME ELABORATE! MUCHO GRANDO PROBLEMO!"

"Did you kill the kid already. Geez, we can't trust you with anything," Jou joked as he walked into the room. He looked around for blood or any sign of trouble but he saw none. "What's the big problem?" he said sarcastically.

Anzu looked at him like he was crazy. "Tell me you're kidding!" she shrieked.

Jou looked around once again but he still saw nothing out of the ordinary. Jou turned his gaze to Anzu who was now leaning back on the sink. She was glaring at the kid as if he said something foul to her but all Jou saw was an unconscious kid in a bathtub. "Anzu, what's going on?" He moved over to her and touched her shoulder but she shrugged him off.

"You really don't see it?" she asked. Jou thought she was about to cry but she didn't.

"No, what am I supposed to see?"

"Jou, if your playing another trick on me I swear to god I'll kill you."

"Umm, okay." Jou swallowed and slowly walked way from the girl. "Guys! Anzu's lost her mind!"

"What else is new?" Honda yelled from out of the bedroom. Jou sighed, Anzu was not supposed to be around kids at this state of mind.

"Hey Anzu, why don't you get some fresh air and I take over?" Jou suggested.

"You think I'm crazy don't you." Anzu said, more of a statement than a question.

"No boo, I would never think that. I just think that all this heat is getting to your head or something." Jou said sympathetically.

Anzu thought about it for a while but she eventually nodded her head in agreement. She walked passed the blond boy in silence. She walked to the end of the hallway then paused at the steps. She put her hand to her head and sighed. "You can't do this to yourself Anzu. Remember what happened last time? Don't let this happen… again."

~~A few hours later~

~The kid's point of view~

I woke up in a strange bed, in a strange room, in a strange land. Immediately I thought they managed to capture me but it didn't take me long to realize that I was in a human's room. I looked down and saw how they dressed me in a shirt that must've been five times too big for me. I got up and walked around the small bedroom. I looked in the mirror and smiled.

The room was painted white but you could barely tell since practically ever inch was covered in Dark Magician posters. This kid had serious issues. The bed I was in was against the wall and right above it was an open window. Even though it was hot I closed it by instinct. They could get me if the window was open. I sat back on the bed and looked at a picture on the nightstand. It was of four human children who most likely jammed themselves in a small picture booth. All of them smiled as wide as they could and put two fingers {1}. I laughed out loud at the guy's antics but there was something about the girl that seemed… familier.

I just put the picture down when someone opened the door. It was one of the boys from the picture. I stared him in the eye and he stared write back at me. This gut was about twice my size and height so I decided it was best to stay quiet. "So you're awake." The brunette said.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I didn't say anything. I just stared. "Well you're a talkative one aren't you." He said with a nervous chuckle.

I don't get it. Is he trying to be funny or something? I guess I made him a bit nervous because he muttered something then walked away. I laughed at his apprehension. This was too dumb. I stood up and looked for my clothes but I couldn't find them anywhere. Great, first they kidnapped me then they steal my clothes. Do I owe them money or something?

I sighed when I realized something. I was clean. I looked down my shirt and realized I was wearing nothing beneath. Oh my god! Somebody saw me naked! My face blushed bright red at the thought of one of them were bathing me. God knows I'm old enough to bathe myself. I sighed at my predicament. Lets see, I'm in a house, with a bunch of idiots, and I can't find my clothes. Isn't life just peachy!

I paced the floor a few dozen times before another one of the idiots walked in. And just my luck, it was a blond. He stared at me blankly. I wondered if he always looks like an idiot. His brown eyes stared down into my soul as if he were trying to move me mentally. "Hi," he said simply.

"Hi," I responded. Damn, I sounded like a two year old learning how to speak. He smiled goofily and used his right hand to scratch his left shoulder. This guy wasn't as tall as the one that left earlier but he was a good few feet taller than me. I looked up at him and he sighed out. He obviously never was in this situation before. I secretly smirked at the realization that they must've thought I was a human child but little did they know that I was at least ten times older than each of these mortals.

"Honda said you didn't know how to talk," he told me.

"I just didn't want to talk to him," I admitted.

The blond kid knelled down so he was face to face with me. His expression suddenly changed from happy and carefree to extreme concentration. It was like he was trying to remember something. "Do I know you?" he asked.

I looked at him at complete shock. No, he couldn't remember. They never do. Why should he? "I dunno, but I don't know you," I responded coolly. He smirked and turned around. I sighed in relief. I can honestly say that this was the first time this has ever happened.

"So, what's your name kid?" he asked me, trying to forget whatever he was thinking about.

"Mokuba," I replied.

"Where do you live?"

"I dunno," Hey, what else was I supposed to say? `I live in a flower, you?'

He looked at me, obviously thinking how could a kid my age not know where he lives. "Who are your parents?"

"It doesn't matter. They're dead." I said honestly. They were attacked when I was just a baby. The thing that attacked them spared my life because I was only a few years old and completely innocent. Killing the innocent is a sin and I crime where I live.

He looked at me sympathetically for moment before returning to his interrogation. "Do you know your phone number? Who do you live with? Anything?"

I used my big blue eyes to my advantage and stared at him. He sighed and pitied me. "Okay kid. I guess we're going to either report a missing kid to the police or you can just stay here."

"Can I stay with you?" I asked. Sure I didn't know all of them yet, nor did I even know this one's name but if it came down between him, that idiot with the weird hair or going back to where I came from, I would choose him.

"Me?" he asked doubtfully "You want to live with me?"

"Just until I remember," I said using my sweet baby voice, and azure eyes to my benefit. `Come on! Don't make me use the pout. You will buy me car if I use the pout.' I thought to myself.

"Alright," he sighed. "Look through the drawers and put on some of Yug's cloths. I'm sure he won't mind."

He turned to leave me alone. "Wait!" I yelled after him. "What's your name?"

He smiled. Jounouchi. Katsuya Jounouchi but you can call me Jou."

"Kay."

Jou left and walked down the hall. I liked him. I sat on the bed and looked around. A breeze blew in threw the window with a green butterfly along with it. The butterfly landed on a dresser and slowly bat it's wings. "What do you want Ryou?"

The small butterfly transformed into a tall, skinny boy that I've known all my life. His eyes were usually green and full of love but know they were brown and panicked. {2} "WHAT DO I WANT!" he yelled.

I rushed over to him and covered his mouth. "Are you crazy? They'll hear you."

"I hope they do. That way they'll kick your tiny ass out and we can leave. Mokuba, we can't stay here much longer."

"We aren't! But I am. Ryou if I go back there they'll put me in jail."

"No they won't. Mai believes you did it in self-defense. They can't put you in jail for defending yourself."

"How do you know I was defending myself? I could've killed him on instinct!" I said trying to be convincing. It didn't work. "Listen, I'm staying here until things die down AND YOU AREN'T TELLING A SOUL I'M HERE!"

Ryou's eyes turned back to its normal color. "Mokuba listen to me. These humans get vicious when they grow up. They will turn you in when they discover you're a fairy. Just come back with me and we'll straighten things out. Mokuba, please."

I looked into Ryou's tear-filled eyes. I knew he was scared of humans and I knew why. He was afraid they'd do the same thing to me they did to me. "Listen Ryou, I'm not afraid of these guys. They're real nice and-" My words were cut off when Ryou began to cry.

"Mokuba, you have to come back with me. They will hurt you!"

"I have this under control," I said hugging him. "I won't let them hurt me. No one will hurt me or you again."

I was going to say more but I heard footsteps. I pushed him to the open window. "Don't tell." I said to him before pushing him out.

I watched him change back into a butterfly before he hit the ground. I was still looking out the window when Jou walked back in. "Were you talking to someone in here?"

"Who? Me? No!" I said panicking. Jou looked at me as if I wee nuts. Peanuts to exact.

"Okay." He said giving me an awkward eye. "Don't hurt yourself,"

He exited the room and I was finally able to breath. `This is going to be was easy.' I thought to myself! Boy was I wrong.

TBC.

{1} I`m sure we've all seen this picture but if you haven't then e-mail me and I'll try to send it to you.

{2} No, it's not a typo. In the Japanese version they were green but he was just sooooooooooooooooo cute!

AN- Do you like it? Hate it? Review and tell me! **Big smile**