Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Faith of Wicca ❯ Arrival of the Wiccan ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Arrival of the Wiccan

A girl walked into the classroom silently as everyone stared except the more serious or unconcerned students. The reason why they stared was because she didn't have a uniform like everyone else. She was dressed in full black. A black long-coat that reached to her knees that had a hood, a black tanktop inside, black windbreaker pants, and black shoes. She also had a pentacle around her neck. As she walked by, students murmured to each other, "Who is this girl?" or, "Where in the world did she come from?" and for the guys, "Is she single?". The girl had light brown hair with no bangs and green eyes. They were more of a pale green than vivid green, and they almost seemed translucent. Her hair was long and passed her shoulders by about 5 inches. She walked to a seat and sat down, seemingly ignoring everyone's trivial remarks and questions. She took out a paper with music notes on it and began writing. It was unfinished. Then a short boy walked up to her and asked her, "Hi, what's your name?".

"Asunta," she replied, still looking at her sheet music and writing.

"Yeah? Well I'm Joey!" another boy said with a friendly tone.

"This is my friend, and I'm Yugi," the shorter boy said.

"Hey! I'm Tea, nice to meet you!" a girl said taking her seat in front of her. "Uh-oh...look who's here..." she said while looking at a tall boy entering to room.

"Kaiba..." Joey said in an unpleased tone.

He walked toward where Asunta was and took the seat behind her. Then, as annoying as usual, he stood up and grabbed her paper from her hand.

"What's this?" Seto said mockingly.

"Hey! What the hell is your problem?!!" said Asunta, who was quite angered. "Give it back," she said sternly.

"Hmm...A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton...?" Seto said while perusing the music notes.

A/N: YES!!! I AM A VANESSA CARLTON FAN!!! I WISH I HAD HER SKILL!!!!! BUT ALAS! I suck at piano... >= (

Then he glared at her. Asunta was staring at him the same way he always did to everyone. Obviously she was peeved. He could tell but he still didn't give it back.

"...forget it...just keep it..." Asunta finally said. She got her stuff and walked to the front corner of the room where a seat was empty and sat down. But she wasn't angered anymore, just frustrated. She placed her forehead on her hands.

"Nice..." said Joey. "She's a cutie you jerk!".

"Whatever..." Seto thought, and he too, took his seat. He crumpled the paper and threw it at Joey's face. Then he sat down and read his book.

"WHY YOU BAS-eee...nevamind" Joey's cursing was cut off by the teacher's entrance.

"All right class, settle down. We have a new addition to this class. Miss Asunta Rainer, would you kindly introduce yourself?" he said.

"You already did," she replied, and unexpectedly got a laugh. She wasn't the wisecracking type though. She just made a clever remark.

Then the instructor signaled her to step up. Asunta walked calmly to the front of the class. "Hi, I'm Asunta Rainer, I used to attend at a private school in a city not too far from here," she started. Her tone wasn't too enthusiastic and she was really quiet. "It was an accident, not my choice..." she said, and got another laugh. She still didn't smile.

"So what brings you here? Moved? Transferred?" asked a student.

"Umm...another accident, my foster parents got in a car crash...now I live with my guardians."

"Where's your uniform?" another student asked.

"I...I'm supposed to get it by tomorrow," she replied, stuttering a bit.

"All right...that's enough questions. Let's make Asunta feel welcome here at Domino High," the teacher said.

Asunta walked over to her seat and sat again. She took out a "spellbook" and started to read. (Yes! A wiccan spellbook...ooh...interesting, no?) Then she decided to stop and instead listened to the teacher's boring lecture...

* * *

During Asunta's later class...

Asunta walked in the classroom and took a seat in front of Tea since she was the only familiar face. Seto took the seat next to her. She still had that gloomy expression. This class was like a mix between drama and language arts. The teacher this time was a stern woman. She started class by reading lines from a book. She believed in creativity so she turned off all the classroom lights.

A/N: btw this I made up and I just wanted to let you know I didn't plagiarize!!!

"...torn from her family, her friends, young Ezra felt nothing but loneliness and grief. Not for what she lost by being exiled, but what had caused her exile..." the teacher read. She was reading in a really dramatic manner.

Asunta looked away from the class. She sat to the far right so no one could see her face if she turned away. Her eyes were getting blurry.

"...the death of everything..." she continued.

Seto was the only one that saw Asunta's face, or even noticed that she looked away. He could see clearly the small tear that ran down from her green eye. He stared for a moment until Asunta noticed him looking. Then she glared. He looked away.

Tea passed her a note. It read: What's wrong? You don't seem so happy...I mean you weren't happy the whole day...

Asunta wiped her tears and wrote a note back to her: It's nothing. I'm rarely seen happy because I've been suffering from depression ever since I was 10. My mother was murdered and I only have one unpleasant memory of my father. I was abandoned after she died. That happened when I was 5. Then a caseworker decided to help me. She sent me to a (foster) family when I was 12 and they were killed in a recent car crash. I'm also a very secluded person so don't rush any friendships and please, no more notes...

Tea read it and did what Asunta asked.

* * *

After school... (Asunta)

She walked with Mikey out of Maggie's car. They both stared at the gargantuan mansion-like house in front of them. Then a man and a woman walked out.

"Hello, my name is Don Harling," said the man.

"And I'm Erika Harling," said the woman. "Remember us Mikey?"

"Yeah! I can't believe it!!! This is your house? You visited our house a lot but I've never seen yours!!!" shouted the overjoyed Mikey.

Mikey was a short boy who was the only son of Asunta's foster parents. He wore an orange T-shirt and brown shorts. His hair was a darker brown and he had black eyes. Unlike Asunta, he had bangs and had short hair, duh...

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Harling. My name is Maggie, I'm Asunta's case worker," she said shaking both Don and Erika's hands. "And this, of course, is Asunta."

"Hi, so you're the kid's chosen guardians, nice house," she said with the same emotionless expression.

"And how old are you? You too Mikey," asked Erika.

"Almost 16."

A/N: I'm assuming that Yugi and co. are all 16 also so if that isn't correct, then don't flame me for it!!!

"I'm 8!"

"So, Asunta, I'll be going home, and call me if anything's up ok?" said Maggie. She got into her car and drove off.

"Come in, I'll give you a tour," said Don.

* * *

After school...(Seto)

Seto was sitting in his limousine while the driver headed to Mokuba's school. When they arrived, Mokuba jumped in excitedly shouting, "GUESS WHAT, GUESS WHAT, GUESS WHAT!!!!!". He was really excited to tell his brother about a new kid at his school.

"What is it Mokuba?" he asked, smiling.

The limo was now driving back to their mansion.

"There's a new kid at my school. He said that his mom and dad and sister just died and now he lives with his guardians," Mokuba said in his normal voice.

"Guardians?" Seto thought. "Does he have another older sister?" he asked.

"No, she died, WEREN'T YOU LISTENING??? But he says that the girl he's with is like an older sister to him." Mokuba said.

"That's right...they were her foster parents..." Seto thought again.

"The kid's name is Mikey Leidner and can he come play at our house tomorrow, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!" Mokuba asked persistently.

"I don't see why not..." Seto said.

"All right! You're the best, big brother!" he cheered.

* * *

Couple days later, at night...

Asunta sat on her bed, thinking about the strange things she noticed happening in the Harlings' house. She was either hallucinating, or her meditation had finally gotten to her.

"Night Asunta..." Mikey said, yawning.

Asunta couldn't sleep yet so she went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. Then she overheard Don on the phone. She hid behind the counter listening and she was shocked at what she was listening to.

"Yes, I'll get her to tell me, just be patient. The little bitch seems to be on to me...no, my wife and no one else knows about this...yes ok, all right Mr. Pegasus." And he hung up.

"Pegasus...?" Asunta thought out loud.

And that was a fatal mistake, Don heard her whisper.

"Asunta? Is that you?" he asked suspiciously.

Asunta quickly ran behind the door as Don looked where she was hiding. It was a good thing she was agile. Then she ran quickly up to her room where Mikey was sleeping. "Something is definitely going on around here..." she thought, and slept with more than simply doubt in her mind...

...he must never know...I will not tell him...

A/N: Well, so far, I can tell that this will be long...I'll be writing according to what happens along in the series. Ummm....and easy on the flames!!! I'll post the next chapter only if I'm satisfied with my reviews...and I'm quick at updating unless I'm out of imagination...and YES A LITTLE BIT OF THE GLASS HOUSE I KNOW!!!!