Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Faith of Wicca ❯ Mokuba's Gratitude ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: This chapter should be interesting compared to the last one...very kawaii if you want my own opinion!

Disclaimer: DAMMIT I DON'T OWN YUGIOH!!!

Yugioh Cast: *lights turn on* SURPRISE!!!

UltimaWitch: WOW!!! YOU ALL DID THIS FOR ME???

Seto: It's an early birthday...we just wanna get it over with...waiting till school starts again is too long...

UltimaWitch: OH COOL!!!

Seto: Here...

UltimaWitch: WOW!!! A real Duel Disk!!! THANX!!!

Yugi: Here!

UltimaWitch: COOL! A Yu-Gi-Oh! poster!!!

Yugi: *switches to Yami* Here... -_-

UltimaWitch: WOW!!! A SETO KAIBA PLUSHIE!!!

Yami Yugi: \\actually, it's supposed to be a voodoo...so whenever she squeezes it...heehee!!!\\

Mokuba: Here you go!!!

UltimaWitch: THANX SO MUCH!!! It's an all-season pass to Kaiba Land!!! YAY!!!

Tea, Tristan, Joey: Here.

UltimaWitch: You were all too cheap to each buy me a gift...??? *opens box* ... -_- HEY!!!

Tristan: Actually, we were too cheap to buy you anything at all...!!!

UltimaWitch: *glares*

Bakura: This is from my Yami and me!

UltimaWitch: ...oh AWESESSIMO!!! It's a hand-made very accurate replica of Blue-eyes!!!

Bakura: YEP!!!

UltimaWitch: *hugs Bakura* WOW!!! YOUR GIFT IS THE BEST ONE YET!!!!!!!

Bakura: It's nothing...

Everyone Else: ... o_O;; He actually went through the trouble of getting her a REAL gift??? *sweatdrop*

A/N: Sorry you had to suffer through that...and it really isn't my birthday...not until 10/14...soooooo...long! Anyway...hope you like this chapter!!!

Mokuba's Gratitude

Mai drove quickly back to where Yugi and everyone else was. Everything seemed to go back to normal. Mokuba exited the car and ran right into Seto's arms.

"BIG BROTHER!!!" he shouted happily.

"Mokuba!" he called back while holding his younger brother in his arms.

"Seto? I'm ok! Someone helped me out when I was chased by that guy. But we said goodbye and Mai found me!" he explained.

Joey was perfectly fine too. Serenity was glad to know that he was still the same old Joey. The only thing that worried them at the time was Bakura. He wasn't injured that bad, but they didn't know who or what did it. So, they decided to visit Bakura and ask him what happened. Seto, of course, didn't really care so he took Mokuba and Asunta with him to do whatever. Yugi and his friends squeezed into Mai's car and they drove off. Mokuba waved goodbye and they left as well.

This time, Seto held Mokuba's hand and Asunta followed from behind. Seto and Mokuba began whispering things back and forth while Asunta looked at the people around them.

"Seto, you're a little different," Mokuba whispered to him.

"How...?"

"You just are...and you're being a little cold to her aren't you?"

Seto looked over at the girl walking behind them. She didn't notice. "...how am I being cold? I treat her just like how I treat anyone..."

"Exactly!"

Seto eyed his brother. "What? She's a friend...what did you think???"

"Well, I thought you really...you know...like her like her...don't you?"

"No."

"Hmmm..." Mokuba stopped talking and thought about a few schemes he could pull off to get the two together. He really liked Asunta, and he wanted his brother to feel the same way. But he also wanted to thank the girl that saved him earlier as well. And he wanted Seto and Asunta to meet her. He knew a simple "thank you for saving me" wasn't enough.

"Uhh...Seto? Can we stop at the flower shop?" Mokuba asked, smiling.

"Why?"

"Just for some flowers...hehe," Mokuba said nervously. He almost blushed too.

"Ok," Seto replied, smiling. He looked behind again to see if she was still there. Asunta was walking still. "Do you mind if we stop at the flower shop? Mokuba wants to go there."

She cracked a smile, "No, not at all."

So they kept walking until they got there. Mokuba ran over and pulled Asunta into the shop. Seto looked confused but went in anyway.

Mokuba pulled Asunta across the store so that Seto wouldn't hear their conversation.

"Mokuba, what's wrong?" Asunta asked.

"Nothing. I just wanna ask you something. What kind of flowers would a girl like? For a girl about your age, umm...pretty, and err...really nice."

"Why? Are you going to buy a bouquet for someone?" she asked. Then she smiled. "Ok...I won't tell him."

"Thanks. So help me pick out some flowers, please!"

"Ok..."

So they looked around the shop in search of the best scented, the most beautiful, and nicely colored flowers for their custom bouquet. Seto just sat at a table and waited. He wondered what kind of trick Mokuba was about to pull this time. Whatever it was, he was ready for it. The two were done, so he sat up and walked over to the cashier. They paid and left. Asunta held the flowers for Mokuba as he held onto his brother's hand.

"Done with step one..." Mokuba thought. "Umm...Seto?"

He looked at his brother again. He knew that Mokuba was up to something, but he acted as if he didn't know. "Yeah, what is it?"

"Erm, I know I'm asking for a lot of things but can we pleeeeeeease go to the park?" he asked with the little cute face.

Asunta giggled at the sight of Seto trying to resist his brother's charm. But he gave in. "Ok...your way, I have nothing to do now really. Yugi has the other God card, there's one more. We can look for it later."

Mokuba grinned, but his happiness soon faded when he heard his brother say "we". He hated scanning through the decks. It bored him greatly. But he knew that his plan was going along smoothly. That was enough to balance out the "scanning through decks later".

When they arrived right outside the park, they saw a crowd of people. It was a rather large crowd, and Mokuba found that certain crowd familiar. The expected street performer wasn't there yet but `she' would arrive soon. And Yugi and a few of his friends were standing around too. It was a big coincidence, but Mokuba found it a good turn of events since now he could show his friends who this girl was too. There was Yugi, Joey, Mai, and Serenity. They were just talking, not watching. Mokuba led his brother and Asunta to Yugi's little group.

"Hey Mokuba!" Yugi said.

"Hi everyone! You ok Joey?" Mokuba replied.

"Yeah I'm fine!"

"So what's the crowd about?" Mai asked.

"You'll see!" Mokuba said.

Then Serenity noticed the bouquet Asunta held. "Umm, who gave you the flowers?" she asked her.

"Oh, I'm just holding it for Mokuba," she replied.

"Oh...so, who are those flowers for?" she asked Mokuba instead.

"Umm...someone...gave them to me..." he lied. Seto was now confused because he was the one that purchased the flowers for him. But he wouldn't spoil it. He wanted to see how this would turn out. Serenity was also suspicious because usually, flowers were given to girls, not boys, and she knew that.

Then the crowd's applause showed that the entertainer had arrived. She came around the corner and walked into the center of the forming crowd. She had her duel disk with her and her staff in one hand, no other props. Then the group headed over there to watch too. Mokuba was waiting for the right moment.

This girl was about their age, a high school teenager. She was dressed up like the Dark Magician Girl, her staff was also the same as well. She even almost looked like the Dark Magician Girl except her hair was slightly different. It had more of an orange hue, but her hair was still yellowish. She held her staff in her left hand, and she had blue eyes. Then she placed her duel disk on the ground and began.

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen!!! I am Pandora the Dark Magician Girl!!! I will begin with a few of my simple tricks!" she announced. She then twirled her wand and called out, "Would you all kindly spread out to leave room for my trick?". They did so. Then she stopped twirling her wand and called out, "FIRE STORM!!!" and a flame shot out from her staff to the ground.

The crowd watched and some looked around to see how she did it. Then she got an applause. "Thank you all!" she said and bowed. "And now," she continued and pointed her staff at three branches on the ground. She raised her staff a bit so it pointed forward and the branches levitated along with it. The audience then started to whisper their fascination to each other. Then Pandora waved her staff to the air and the branches shot into the sky. "Lightning! Come forth!!!" she shouted, and she shot bolts consecutively at the flying branches and blew them to smithereens.

Everyone applauded again. Mokuba only watched eagerly, like everyone else. He didn't applaud. His brother stood there with his arms crossed, watching with little amusement. Yugi and Serenity seemed to enjoy the performance. Joey was absolutely puzzled. Mai and Asunta would applaud a bit when the rest of the audience would.

"And for one more trick before I accept any duels," she started. Pandora held out her arm with her hand closed. Then she opened her hand, revealing her Duel Monsters deck. She took the card on the top of her deck, the Dark Magician. "Everyone, you see my Dark Magician card here, right?" she said. The she placed her staff on the ground and placed the card in her free hand. She showed to everyone that it was still there. Then Pandora closed her hand completely, and then opened it again. The card was one. The audience whispered in bewilderment. "Now, it's not in my hand anymore! Where is it you ask?" she said. Then she picked up her staff again and pointed it to a man standing in the crowd. "You, Sir! Would you check your pockets please?" she asked him.

"But I don't have any pockets..." he replied.

Pandora's face went blank. "Oh...I'm sorry..." she said to him, scratching her head, and a sweatdrop formed. "Well then...ahh..." she looked around at the people. Then she noticed Mokuba standing there grinning. She looked at him and smiled. "You there...would you please come up here?" she asked him.

Mokuba looked at his brother. He gave him a look that meant yes. So Mokuba ran to the center of the audience. Then he stood next to Pandora. She smiled at him, showing that she remembered him from a while ago. "So, what's your name young one?" she asked him, kneeling down to his height.

"Mokuba."

"Right, Mokuba! Ok, Mokuba, would you kindly check your pocket?"

He slipped his hand in, and took out a card. He stared at it. He didn't have a card in there before.

"And would you reveal what you have there in your hand?"

He flipped the card over. It was her Dark Magician. "Wow!" he said, smiling. "How'd you do it?"

"That's because I'm Pandora, the Dark Magician Girl...remember silly?" she replied, she was being nice again.

"Oh, right!" he said. He handed back her card. Mokuba smiled and started to walk back to his brother. Pandora noticed who his brother was, Seto Kaiba.

"He's...Seto Kaiba's little brother...wow...good thing I saved him..." she thought. Then she looked at him and smiled some more. "He's not so bad looking...hmm, maybe..." she continued to think. "Ladies and Gentlemen! My short act is over, I will be taking a break now. Duelists, please wait about 20 more minutes and I'll start accepting duels from you!!! Thank you!!!" she announced. She bowed and the audience cheered and applauded. Then after her ovation, the crowd broke up and left. Pandora then put on her duel disk and walked over to Mokuba.

"Hi there...so you're Mokuba Kaiba. I forgot to ask you what your name was!" she said.

Mokuba laughed. "Well, you forgot to tell me who you were too!"

"Yeah, I guess so!" she said. Then they both laughed.

"Erm, if you don't mind me asking...who are you and how do you know Mokuba?" Joey asked Pandora.

"Well, if you were watching, then you'd know I'm Pandora! I met him earlier when he was being chased by some guy."

"So, you saved Mokuba," Asunta said.

Then Mokuba remembered his `thank you'. "Erm, Pandora?"

"Yes?"

"I err...those flowers are for you...I wanted to thank you more than just saying so."

"So that's who the flowers are for! You little...I knew they weren't yours," Serenity said.

Mokuba blushed at Serenity's remark.

"So that's what he was up to..." Seto thought.

Asunta looked at Mokuba and gave Pandora the bouquet. "Oh, Mokuba...they're pretty!" she said. She kneeled down and hugged the little blushing boy. "Thank you so much!"

"You're welcome!"

"So, you're the great Pandora...I've heard of you before," Yugi said.

"Huh? You mean you saw her doing little tricks somewhere before?" Joey asked.

Mai's face went blank. "No Joey...she's a really well known duelist..."

"That's right. Pandora uses a lot of Dark Magicians in her deck, along with special magic cards to power her magician up," Yugi explained.

"Oh gosh...you guys say it like I was an expert duelist!" Pandora blushed. "Really, a lot of duelists know who I am, but it's not like I'm as good as you say I am..."

"Well, I'd really like to see how you duel," Serenity said. "Joey? How about you duel her?" she asked.

"Wuh? No! I've seen how Yugi uses his Dark Magician, I am not gonna risk my ass in a duel with someone who also uses a Dark Magician too! No way!" he said.

"How about you Big Brother?" Mokuba asked. "You're a good duelist!"

Seto looked at his brother. "No, she doesn't have the last God card...I don't need to duel her."

"Aww...SETO!!!" Mokuba complained.

"Oh...gee...um, it's ok...I ahh," Pandora stuttered. "Really, I don't wanna end up dueling the great Seto Kaiba! I know that I can't beat your brother Mokuba!!!"

Seto looked at her. He had to admit it, she was kinda pretty. And since he'd just learned that she saved Mokuba, he wanted to thank her somehow too.

"Well then, I'll duel you then!" Yugi said.

"Really? You wanna duel me Yugi?" Pandora asked.

"Sure!"

"Ok then! I guess I could, since it won't be a while until I start my next performance! Ok! A puzzle card and I'll wager my Dark Magician!"

"Right and I'll wager my-" Yugi was interrupted.

"Wait...Yugi, do you happen to have a Dark Magician Girl?" she asked.

"Uhh...yes, I do. Why?"

"Well...can you wager your Dark Magician Girl instead?"

"I guess so...ok then. I'll wager my Dark Magician Girl instead!"

"Thanks! It's cause...well, my title is Pandora the Dark Magician Girl. I'm a street performer and I'm known for dueling with my Dark Magicians...but I don't even have a Dark Magician Girl card!!! So you see..." she explained.

"Yeah, I see now! Ok, let's duel!"

A/N: Yeah...long one. But I liked typing it! I personally think it's a great come back to balance out the boringness of the last chapter! Here's Beautiful Stranger by Madonna.

Haven't we met
You're some kind of beautiful stranger
You could be good for me
I have a taste for danger

If I'm smart then I'll run away
But I'm not so I guess I'll stay
Heaven forbid
I take my chanc
e on a beautiful stranger

I looked into your eyes
And my world came tumbling down
You're the devil in disguise
That's why I'm singing this son
g
To know you is to love you

You're everywhere I go
And everybody knows
To love you is to be part of you
I pay for you with te
ars
And swallow all my pride

Dah-dah-dah-de dah-de-dah-de dah dah dah-dah-dum
Beautiful stranger
Dah-dah-dah-de dah-de-dah-de dah dah da
h-dah-dum
Beautiful stranger