Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fake Identity ❯ Falling into Darkness ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Thanks for the great reviews once again, mostly to the once that are frequently reviewing, this chapter go's out to Kikoken, Neo_elite, Vendred13, Mezu, and from mediaminer, MisakiSuzuhara1234, this is for you guys^_^)

(This is what happened last time)

("It won't be to hard, your just the bait" Joey saw Kaiba reach for him, but he was to weak to react.

(~When I wake up, I'll kill him~)

Joey thought as he black out. Kaiba threw Joey over his shoulders as he placed a note similarly to Serenity's by the little table next to the door as he carried the unconscious Joey with him.

The day was going so slow for Serenity, given Mai tried to lighten the day up, but failed miserably, she couldn't wait till this day will end. To get home to her brother and just relax.)

Falling into Darkness

A bright light was seen from a distance as it got closer a blurry setting was being formed of blues and white colors came into the vision.

Joey shook his head as he came to, he couldn't remember exactly what happened all he knew was someone was going to pay. Joey looked around the room, it appeared to be a study of so sort, there was a desk with two large windows on each side, with some book shelves.

Joey moved a little but was only followed by a hiss of pain, I guess he was pounded a little to hard, then he remembered.

"KAIBA?" Joey yelled as he scrambled to his feet, stumbling over to the door, he tried to turn the knob,

(~What a surprise, locked~)

He started to pound on the door, yelling as loud as he could, for anyone to hear him. Joey thought for a second he heard a chuckle coming from with in the room, but as he looked around he saw nothing.

(~Alright, there's only one way through this~) Joey thought as he backed up a couple of feet, lining up with the doors weak spots,

(~Ok, I'm getting out of here~) In lightning speed Joey took off, the only way out was to ram his way out, or so he thought.

As Joey made contact with the door, his body was forced back, these doors were much stronger than he thought, he looked at them up and down,

"Alright if that's how your going to be"Joey cursed as he got back into his position, hit after hit he made contact, yet it didn't even dent the door, Joey out of breath and shoulder killing him, made one last attempt, with all his might he went full speed towards the door, until he heard.

"You break it, you bought it, and I don't think you can afford it" came a cold, deep voice from behind,

Joey stopped on a dime, but unfortunately lost his footing coming down hard on the carpet, a dark chuckle was heard as Joey looked once more around the room, that's when the seat behind the big desk turned around, and who was sitting there, none other then Joey's worst nightmare.

"You don't have alot of grace do you, Mutt" Kaiba smirked at how Joey had fallen to the floor and was now looking up at his in hatred,

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING?" Joey yelled, he jumped to his feet and was making his way over to the CEO.

Kaiba stood up to look down at the very angry blond, as much as he loved to bug the Mutt, he had a time table to keep, it was now 5:00pm and Serenity would have just gotten in her apartment. Kaiba smirked mentally at the thought of Serenity's face, when she finds her apartment a mess, and her brother gone.

"I'm getting what I want"Kaiba stated with no emotion, which made Joey even more angry,

"FORGET SERENITY, YOU HAVE ME TO DEAL WITH NOW, YOU THINK BY KIDNAPPING SOMEONE'S RELATIVE, WILL WIN THEM OVER, HA, YOUR MORE OF A JERK THAN I THOUGHT" Joey yelled immediately regretting it as Kaiba just glared down at him,

"Yes"Kaiba gave a harsh reply as he started walking towards the door,

"HEY WHERE DO YOU THINK YOUR GOING?" Joey wasn't about to let Kaiba leave, not just yet,

"Where do you think? Your sister will arrive any minute and I am going to make sure that she never leaves, so be a good dog and make a lot of noise, I'm sure that won't be to hard for you" Kaiba laughed as he refrained from looking at Joey and continued walking to the door,

"WHY YA" Joey yelled as he tackled Kaiba from behind,

--------------------------------------------------------------- -----

Serenity found herself in front of the Kaiba mansion, the note Kaiba gave her told her directions to his house, no not house, castle!!, She sighed as she couldn't believe what Kaiba had done, it just proved he couldn't have a heart.

(FLASHBACK)

"Joey I'm home"Serenity greeted walking through the door, she shoved her purse on the little table dropping the note Kaiba made on the ground.

Serenity continued around the corner, to be meet with a huge mess in her living room,

"JOEY, WHAT WERE YOU DOING?" Serenity yelled as she saw how the couch was flipped backwards, books and magazines were on the floor, table was turned and dents appeared on the wall.

When getting no reply she looked around the room, she couldn't believe it, that she can't leave Joey alone for one day without wrecking something,

(~Maybe he's out right now~)

Serenity started to pick up the books and rearrange the furniture that was out of place, that's when she went over to the dent wall, she looked at it for a few minutes, sighing she went to fix dinner when she noticed something out of the corner of her eye, she bend down to get a closer look, touch it with her fingers she looked at it closely, that's when she knew what it was.

"BLOOD!!"

(END OF FLASHBACK)

-----------------------------------

Joey seemed to be winning, or so he thought, he grabbed hold of Kaiba's coat holding him down, giving hit after hit, punch after punch. Although they hit hard Kaiba refused to cry out, instead he position his feet, just above Joey's waist, and with little of his might he threw Joey off of him.

Kaiba heard a thud and a groan coming from the stunned "Mutt", he smiled at his good efforts, he flipped his trench coat around and continued to the door. He grabbed to small key that was in his pocket, twisting the door, but not until he was firmly grabbed around the ankle, being thrown backwards.

Kaiba looked up to see Wheeler over him, with a victorious grin on his face, well you shouldn't count your chickens before they hatch, Kaiba kicked his feet out, tripping Joey as he fell to the ground. Kaiba grabbed the collar of Joey's shirt fist ready to come down, but suddenly, the was a knock at the door.

"Mr.Kaiba, the young lady that you told me to watch for, she making her way up the side walk"

Kaiba looked up at the door when he heard the words "Young lady"

"Fine, now make yourself disappear, liked I planned" Kaiba yelled back,

"Yes Sir",

Kaiba smirked, his eyes then fell on Joey, Joey eyes were still shut expecting a blow from Kaiba, well who is Kaiba to refuse that. Kaiba's fist connected with Joey's face, forcing Joey's head to hit the carpet with a loud thud, making Joey cry out. Kaiba took this time to grab the key that had fallen to the floor and get out of the room, but before he left he replied.

"Your pathetic, what a Mutt you are, and will always be, you might not agree and I'm sure your sister won't either,but, I will have her, one way or another" Kaiba slammed the door behind him, as Joey heard the click of the lock.

Trying to refocus his vision, Joey stumbled to get up, he had to warn Serenity, he needed to make sure she was safe.

-----------------------------------------------

After waited for nearly 5 minutes for someone to answer the door, Serenity let herself in, she was amazed that the door wasn't lock in such a big place. She shut the door behind her making sure it didn't make to much noise, just incase Kaiba was home. When she thought about Kaiba, rage filled her, trying as hard as she could not to scream.

(FLASHBACK)

Serenity picked up her phone from the ground to call 911, but found that the wires were cut, she quickly placed the phone down. She hopped in her shoes as she grabbed her purse from the table that's when she saw the note on the ground next to her feet, she picked it up, staring at the front that was sealed with a creature that looked like a dragon of some sort.

She unfolded the note glancing through each word, eyes getting bigger and bigger.

For the Mutt's sister,

You can't get away from me that easy, as you stole something from me, my dignity, I have taken something from you. I have to say your brother is pathetic for one that thinks he so tough.

I will make a deal with you, give me the only thing I desire and I will free your brother, if not, than I guess I have a new way to relieve my stress at the end of the day. Take my advise, come to me, Serenity.

Come to my mansion, you remember where that is, don't you?

Signed,

S. Kaiba

Serenity felt tears fall from her eyes as she read each letter, knowing that there was no way out in going, she couldn't risk her brother physically, she knew all to well Kaiba meant every word written. She would have to go, for Joey's sake.

(END OF FLASHBACK)

Serenity wondered around the open area of the entrance, it was all quiet, Serenity decided to use this to her advantage, she began knocking lightly at the doors starting at the bottom working to the top, it might take long, but Joey had to be somewhere around here, right?, after knocking she would whisper her brothers name waiting for a reply from behind the doors, weirdly they were all locked as well.

She came to the third floor,that same creepy feeling came over her as it didn't this morning with Mai, Serenity started to pick up the pace a little,

Knock, knock...."Joey?"Serenity whispered through the doors, on reply

Knock, knock...."Joey?" No reply,

Knock, knock..."Joey?"

"Serenity?Is that you?" came a faint voice behind two large oak doors,

"Yes, Joey it's me, are you ok?"

"I'll be better, when I get my hands on Kaiba"

Serenity smiled, yes that was her brother alright,

"Hold on, I'll have you out of here in a minute" Serenity took a pin from her hair as she tried to pick the lock,

"That's it, like I taught you" Joey teased,

Serenity smiled, she was pretty good at this by now, at her apartment, once in a while the bathroom door would not open, so you where stuck in there until someone picked the lock on the other side, she had bailed Joey out way to many times.

"You know it's against the law to sneak aound people's homes, you know" Came that dark and evil tone,

Serenity's muscles tightened as she knew who was behind her, she wish she was dreaming right now. she shook of her fear as her courage took it's place.

"Don't you know that it's against the law to kidnap people" Serenity answered surprisingly normal,

"Ha, you amuse me Wheeler" Kaiba laughed, that's when he noticed Joey was yelling at him through the door,

"JUST WAIT TILL I GET OUT OF HERE, I'LL SHOW YOU WHAT AMUSEMENT IS!" Joey yelled, Kaiba could just see Joey's red face right now, he turned his attention back to Serenity,

"What's you choice?"He grinned,

"SHE'LL MAKE NO DEAL WITH YOU, YOU JERK" Joey yelled,

"What are my options?" Serenity asked, the fear starting to build up in her,

"The only way your brother will be freed, is if you....stay with me here....Forever" He paused for effect seeing the anger, the confusion, the fear coming out in Serenity.

"WHAT, SHE'LL NEVER AGREE, SERENITY DON'T YOU AGREE" Joey yelled once again

Kaiba never took his eyes off of Serenity, she looked into those dark blue eyes, she looked down in defeat,

"Do you promise you'll let my brother go, if I stay"Serenity whispered,

"Yes" Again that cold voice made Serenity's muscles tighten,

"Fine, I'll stay with you"

Kaiba smirked as he heard Joey throw a fit,

"WHAT ARE YOU THINKING SERENITY, YOU CAN'T TRUST HIM, HE'LL HURT YOU AGAIN"

Serenity couldn't help the tears from falling, she was indeed afraid of Kaiba for that matter, but she loved her brother to much to leave him at Kaiba's mercy,

"Good choice" Kaiba smirked as he grabbed Serenity's wrists, tighten his grip so she wouldn't get away, he started to pull her away from the door that held her brother as she was forced to follow Kaiba.

"Kaiba, my brother, what about my brother?" Serenity asked as she was dragged across the hall,

"What about him?"Kaiba asked coldly,

"You promised you'll free him" she whined down the hall , Kaiba opened the door throwing Serenity inside, she landed on her knees as she looked back at Kaiba, his cold glare froze her in her spot,

"I lied"He smirked as he shut the door locking it,

"NOO, KAIBA LET ME OUT, MY BROTHER WAS RIGHT, I SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAVE TRUSTED YOU" She screamed through her tears that fell past her cheek to the carpet, Serenity banged on the door, giving up, she slid down the door and continued to cry,

Kaiba gave a proud smile as he walked through the hall he just dragged his new treasure from,

(~Now to deal with the Mutt, unfortunately, I can't risk the police getting involved, so I'll have to get rid of the Mutt, one way or another~)

Kaiba smirked as he made his way to the room that held Joey.

--------------------------------------------

(Well another chapter complete, this chapter was truly EVIL)

(NEXT CHAPTER: What are Kaiba's plans with Joey? As Serenity finds herself alone, without her friends, her brother, her life, only thing now is a sadistic weirdo that will do anything to get his want)