Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen ❯ Fallen ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: My first songfic ever. PLEEEEASE don't flame too bad...I mean at least tell me what's wrong. No absolute plot, just Seto dealing with his problems...anyway, read and hopefully enjoy...and be sure to read my ending A/N too!

Disclaimer: Don't own anything Yugioh related or Goo Goo Dolls' Iris.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fallen

Seto gazed out the window with his cerulean blue eyes. He watched as the sky rained the tears of heaven, not only for the loss of so many because of the disaster just a few nights back, but for his love as well. He hardly blinked as he watched with complete fascination at the drops that fell from the dark slate sky and the trickling beads that ran down the perfect clear window. The boisterous thunder called with might, the lightning flashed furiously, and the rain...the beautiful, sad tears of heaven which completed the trine. He placed his hand on it. It was cold...like he himself used to be.

"What I would do to see you again..." he thought.

He missed her, he wanted her to be with him. Seto could remember so vividly the memories, the scenes, the feeling. He was rarely ever happy, even if he was with his dearly loved brother Mokuba. He was too empty and incomplete.

And I'd give up forever to touch you
Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

Despite all of his cherished memories, the sight of her death broke the balance.

*flashback*

It was a gloomy day, strong wind, but no rain. Every brave duelist had been slaughtered in their futile clash against the vile son of Ishtar. All were defeated except for none other than Yugi. Powers of the deadly Shadow Realm were too mighty, it was released and the wave was shot out through the city.

Seto and everyone else had been standing at a safe distance from the duel, but not far enough to escape the blast of such dark and lethal energy. Seto was forced to instinctively shield his and Mokuba's eyes from the blinding light that was emitted, leaving him unable to warn her to brace herself. The girl had her back away from him, she couldn't have possibly seen what was going on...balance was lost, and she plunged off the tall building of Kaiba Corp. they were all standing upon.

He could only kneel on the roof surface, holding his younger brother safe. He watched, eyes dilating, at his love's untimely death. After the impact, he stormed through the many floors of the skyscraper, running and stumbling down the flights of winding stairs. And finally, he ran out the exit and to the side of the building where she'd fallen. Seto was appalled at the sight; she was motionless, breathless, fallen and lost...Seto couldn't erase the thought. He could feel her small bit of a presence fading until she was dead...

The last appalling scene was his love in his arms as he had finally been able to grieve over something, someone other than Mokuba.

*end flashback*

"Why was I so half-witted?!! How am I so useless??? I have never been this much of a hopeless fool...I am no longer needed..." he thought.

Seto swore to defeat Yugi, but such a vow to this day had not been achieved. He now knew himself as a useless pretender. He lost his pride out of so many defeats, he lost his will to go on, he lost his confidence, he lost his love...

"As a useless nothing...I can end the annoyance of my meaningless life...no one would care, no one would be sad...the world would be a better place if I weren't in it. Life can never be eternal...end it early to get it all over with, and I would be able to see her again..."


And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

He walked calmly and casually out of his office and ascended the many stairs he ran down to meet with his worst memory yet. No one had suspected the young CEO. He continued to walk, faster by each second. When he'd finally reached the top of his office building, his life's work, he shoved the door open. It still poured the tears of heaven. Seto stepped slowly out. The rain came storming down onto the boy's dark hair. His clothes were soon drenched and dense with the cold substance. The cold feeling...he liked. Seto continued to walk to the edge, the droplets that landed on his face ran down and dripped further. He looked over the edge.

And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

The rain concealed his tears, whether if they were invisible tears, or actual. "My life is meaningless, all such a pitiful lie..." he thought.

He felt pain, he liked it. He felt pride, he liked it. He felt power, he liked it. What clouded his ultimate ambition he thought were his weaker feelings. The feeling of compassion, friendship, honorable pride, and most of all...love. He hated feeling like that. He believed in power and being weak could never cut it. Seto drew out a small switchblade from his pocket.

"To feel my good friend...pain...once more before I lose myself to this unfair world..." he mumbled to himself. "Pain..."

Seto slashed it at his arm and cringed in slight pain as the shock of `his friend' ran through the rest of his body and tormented mind. The blood that rushed out washed away quickly as the angered and saddened heavens still drowned him with its soulless tears. The blade however, was still stained with his unpure blood. He dropped it down the building and watched it glimmer to a microscopic speck as hit the ground.

"Now my friend...DO YOUR WORST TO ME!!!" he screamed out.

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
And you bleed just to know you're alive

He was still very hesitant about his next move. To live on a shameful life, or to die in agonizing grief...both options seemed no better or worst then the other. He stared over the ledge. With the raindrops still falling, he couldn't see exactly how high up he was. Seto looked up to the stony grey sky.

"If I am worthy...send me to her after I fall too..." he said.


And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am


"Everyone...goodbye...and I will depart this world...end my misery...and start my new, beautiful afterlife...remember me as someone...not anyone..."

...fallen.

I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: SO??? WHAT DID YOU THINK??? Please review it pretty pretty please. And to clear some crap up...the girl he loved is unnamed cause I didn't feel like naming her. Also the thing about the Shadow Realm releasing its powers blah blah...that was all friggin made up stuff. Ok, I am now fearing that all of the Seto-lovers will kill me...I will...erm, shuttup now unless you have anything to ask either by review or email...umm, bye? *Seto lovers glare* O_O;; *runs* EEEP!!!