Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fashion Sense ❯ In Servitude ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Title: In Servitude
Author: Viridian Magpie
Genre: Drama
Disclaimer : I don't own YGO
Summary: flashfic Ryou draws comparisons.
 
 
 
 
Everyone knows how these stories usually go. There's an attic or a cellar or a market or whatever and somehow something catches your/your uncle's/your father's/whoever's eye. The thing is acquired and now you have it in your possession. It's pretty, it's mysterious, it's made of gold. And it would be shiny if it weren't for all the dirt. So, you take a cloth, you start to clean it, polish it up a bit and - puff! - a djinni appears to do your bidding and said djinni will have to do it if you're smart enough not to get tricked. That how this kind of story goes, right?
 
Then why, Ryou thinks, does it seem as if everything has been turned upside down? Almost everything, at least, for it was going like it should up to the point where he was supposed to clean the Ring.
 
Fact was, there was nothing to clean, not a single speck of dirt marred its beautiful, shiny, golden surface. The Ring only became stained afterwards, when his blood started to flow. Neither did the djinni - if you want to call the Spirit that - appear with a puff and a cloud of smoke. A thief through and through the Voice had approached with caution, when Ryou was out like a light and unaware.
 
The Voice has also never, ever done his bidding. Far from it. First, Ryou's body had been used to serve the djinni.
 
But if Ryou has been cast into the role of servant, is everything upside down then? Is the Voice his master? Is he supposed to humble himself before the Spirit and obey his every command for the rest of his life?
 
Is that his fate?