Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Heart of the Dragon Master ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Yu-Gi-Oh! is owned by its creator, Kazuki Takahashi and it's respective anime companies. I'm borrowing the characters and ideas for a nonprofit fan fiction written solely for the enjoyment of myself, and hopefully others.

Heart of the Dragon Master

Epilogue

By: Elf

Seto Kaiba had a proud, if slightly evil smile on his face. Serenity was leading her brother by five hundred life points and had already taken out his Red Eyes Black Dragon. Joey screamed in frustration as the dragon depixialized as her Dark Magician wiped it away with a Dark Magic Attack. He pounded his fist to the console and Kaiba grinned.

Joey shouted, "That was really cruel, Ser!"

"Well, I'm not done yet. I'm putting my Gemini Elf in attack mode and attacking," Serenity replied as the two beautiful elfin maidens materialized on the playing field.

Joey cursed as they killed his Baby Dragon, thus eliminating his life points. Kaiba smirked as Serenity giggled. Joey groaned, "Beaten by my own baby sister."

"With elves and magicians no less," Serenity chuckled happily.

Kaiba walked over to her and smirked at Joey's scowl. Her deck suited her nicely. It wasn't one that Kaiba would personally recommend, but both Yugi and Yami helped her from it. He had tried to streamline the deck to a killer Blitzkrieg style deck that he preferred to use, but she wouldn't have it.

Still, he had to smile at her insistence of having five Celtic Guardians in her deck. He couldn't resist her reasoning for having them. She said they reminded her of Legolas and, after finishing Return of the King, he had to give into her. He had tried to ignore her confession to Tea that she thought the Celtic Guardian was "cute".

She asked, "Did I do well, Seto?"

"Beating your brother isn't much of an accomplishment," Kaiba began.

"Hey! Listen here you . . ." Joey barked.

Kaiba gave him that smirk again and continued, "But you're really building on your skills, Serenity. Maybe you should take on Yugi next."

"She's just beaten me and you're already saying she should Duel Yug?" Joey asked in disbelief.

Kaiba chose to ignore him as Serenity took his hand with a shy smile. He smiled back at her and resisted the urge to take her in his arms. Joey had yelled and threw a paper weight at his head the last time he had tired that in her brother's presence. He still had the bump in the back of his head from where it had happened.

"Hey, get your paws off of my sister!" Joey growled, shaking his fist from the other side of the arena.

Serenity linked arms with him and lead him off of the platform. Joey was still shouting at Kaiba to let Serenity go, but he was beyond the point of caring. He smirked down at his redheaded lass as she said, "I was afraid he had it a couple of times. I think he let me win."

"You'll beat him for real the next time," he assured her.

She teased him, "You know, life isn't about winning you know."

"Not when you already have everything you could possibly ever want," Kaiba replied seriously as he looked into her green eyes.

She blushed and turned to face him. Her fingers were missing their usual carbon smudges he noted as she cradled his chin. She leaned up and kissed him.

Kaiba kissed her back, smoothing her hair back from her face. "Hey, Kaiba, get off of my sister!" Joey shouted, sounding out of breath.

Kaiba sighed as they pulled apart and Serenity sent her brother a murderous look. "Joey, go away," she snarled at him.

Joey shook his blond head and replied, "Unnuna, Serenity. I'm making sure that this jerk doesn't take advantage of you."

Kaiba closed his eyes and counted to ten. I will not inflict violence on Serenity's brother, no matter how much the dog needs to be beaten. I will not kill Wheeler. I will not kill Wheeler.

He was glad that he didn't have a Millennium Item because he was sure that his Dark Spirit would have killed Joey a long time ago. Then that would hurt Serenity, and Kaiba made it a point to see her unharmed. She was the light to his darkness and all of that. His Maiden.

Even though her older brother was a bit of an over protective ass.

The End!

So, do you all want a sequel!?

If you want the sequel, I need some information. Mainly about Seto's past life as a Dark Priest (man, that just sounds really cool) and about Yami Bakura. Web addresses or just e-mail me at slaybrat@aye.net. Trust me, if you know my work, then this sequel is going to be more of my writing style. And Seto might weald a sword.

Now, my views on Seto Kaiba.

First off, he's my favorite character on Yu-Gi-Oh! Even though I do love Yami and Yugi dearly and Mai's a kick to write. Anyway, other than Yami and perhaps Bakura, Kaiba has the most layers out of all the characters.

I understand where he's coming from. The world's screwed him so he's going to control his corner of it so it won't hurt him again. He doesn't want to be dominated, he wants to dominate. He's propelled to win, no matter what.

But, Kaiba's got a heart. He's not good at showing it, but he loves Mokuba (and eventually Serenity later on in the series) and respects Yugi/Yami. He's just built this whole wall around himself and will do anything to protect Mokuba.

Plus he's hot.

I do like Yugi's deck better though, except for the White Eyes. That is one slick dragon. I'll admit that the Red Eyes Black Dragon looks cooler though and the Celtic Guardian is a hottie and I don't even wanna go into the Dark Magician . . . He's got blue hair. *sigh*