Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Here With Me ❯ Here With Me ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I always wanted to do expand on the epilogue of Nanny Bakura (written by me on fanfiction.net) And due to recent events in my life, I have the opportunity.

This story is dedicated with love to my recently deceased aunt Mary (August 27th 1943-December 11th, 2003) and my grandmother Mary as well (July 10th, 1921- December 23rd, 1992.). When the world rejected me, they stood by me, and I felt with the recent passing of my aunt, I owed it to do this for them.

Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh. I do not own the song "Stand Here with me" by Creed.

I do, however, own Aten Bakari Ishtar and Aria Kanika Itemri (Ryou's children).

Note: This takes place after Ryou's death. FIC IS IN BAKURA'S POV.

Here With Me

I opened my eyes to the dawn of a new day and the sound of the alarm. Ryou and I always watched the sunrises together and since his heart was giving him problems lately, I decided it was best to take advantage of every minute that we had left together. His doctors were saying there was nothing more they could do for Ryou's bad heart. It had been failing for some time now, and there is only so many times you can mend a damaged mortal heart with Shadow Magic.

"Ryou. Time to wake up." Ryou didn't move. Oh gods……..

"Ryou…time to wake up." I took the arm that was draped over me and nudged it lightly hoping to stir him from his sleep.

Cold…

Ryou's skin was cold………

"Ryou….," My lip began to tremble. "Please……," my hands began to shake. "Open your eyes, my love."

Ryou didn't move at all.

I reached up and brushed his long, white hair back. I placed my fingers at the side of his neck searching for a pulse…..

Instead……….

Nothing.

Nothing.

Not even an echo of a pulse.

Nothing.

"Ryou!" My hands grabbed a handful of Ryou's hair and I buried my face in the smooth, white locks.

My love…………….was dead.

I let out a sob as a song began to play on the radio.

You always reached out to me and
helped me believe
All those memories we share
I will cherish every one of them

Ryou…don't leave me! Please don't leave me. I can't live without you. I just can't! We have a daughter together! Aria Kanika Itemri! You and Marik have a son! Aten Bakari Ishtar! Remember? My husband……We married together in your back yard. We were happy, Ryou. Though, we weren't always that way.

I used to hate you when you first got the Millennium Ring. I hated you because I thought you were weak. But, you showed me I didn't have to live my afterlife like that, Ryou.

The truth of it is there's a right way to live
And you showed me
So now you live on in the words of a song
You're a melody

You turned me into a spiteful being into a changed yami. I didn't have to become violent to be noticed. I didn't need to inflict pain as get a thrill. My hand rubs his back, still scarred with the effects of my bitter hate…scars from whips and cuts from sharp objects.

I'm sorry, Ryou.

So very sorry.

Nothing can take back what I did to you.

I never deserved to hurt an angel like you.

Because that is what you are to me……..an angel……..and always shall be my angel.


You stand here with me now

I don't want you to leave me, Ryou. Please don't leave me. My arms bring him closer and I press my hand to his cold cheek. I never want to let you go.

I wish you could stay with me.

I wish we could always be together.

I wish we never had to part.


Just when fear blinded me
you taught me to dream
I'll give you everything I am
and still fall short of
What you've done for me

I can never thank you enough for what you have done for me, Ryou. I was afraid to appear weak. I could love you and serve you all my life and it still wouldn't be enough to make up for all I did to you.

In this life that I live
I hope I can give love unselfishly
I've learned the world is bigger than me
You're my daily dose of reality

I am already dead, Ryou. Yami sealed me in the Ring without any hope of existance in the underworld. Only in my afterlife can I hope to keep the lessons that you taught me while you were alive.

You taught me to focus on the happiness of others before my own. I sacrificed……we sacrificed many things to keep our daughter happy. We sacrificed many things to keep Aten alive.

I don't see those sacrifices as made in vain, Ryou. We did what we could to keep our children alive.


You stand here with me now

I wish I could see you one last time and feel you warm against me. My fingers brush your cold lips and caress your cold arm.

I want one more kiss…….one last time.

Ryou's head is hard to tip up. Damned Rigor Mortis.

I leaned my head down and gave one last kiss on his cold lips. That's all I wanted…one last kiss.


On and on we sing
On and on we sing this song
`Cause you stand here with me

I want to hold you forever. I never want to let you go.

Stay here a little longer with me, Ryou. I don't want to let you go.

I will never let you go………my friend…………my husband…….

My love.