Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Hopes and Fears ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own these characters. They belong to their respective owners. Don't sue cuz you'll get no money.
 
“Speech”
 
`Thoughts'
 
“0*****0” Change of Scene
 
Chapter 2
 
Jounouchi sighed to himself as he drove off. Yugi wanted to have one of those reunion parties. Knowing Yugi, everyone would be there including her. He knew it would be so awkward for the two of them to be in the same room. After all they hadn't spoken in four years. But he'd go anyway because he was dying to see his other friends. He could endure some temporary discomfort if it meant that he'd see his friends again. `I wonder if Kaiba will show up.' he thought as he drove into the parking lot of his work place. He had spent so much time chatting with Yugi that he had to postpone his trip to the grocery. He'd just go after work. He climbed out of the car quickly. He was already ten minutes late and today he had to help choose the art for the cover of the book.
 
When he finally got up to his small office, he found Yukito waiting nervously for him in one of his chairs. A look of relief washed over the pale boy's pretty features when he walked further into his office.
 
“Thank God you're here Jounouchi-kun. I was so worried that you forgot.”
 
“I'm sorry to be late, did the art team leave already?” he asked as he sat down in his chair, taking off his jacket at the same time.
 
“They called and said they'd be a half hour late. I still couldn't help but worry when I saw that you hadn't arrived yet.”
 
“I'm sorry for worrying you Yukito-kun. I had visited an old friend in Domino for lunch and I got a little carried with the conversation.” He explained as he tried to tidy up his desk. He didn't want them to think he was a slob because he really wasn't. When he was a teenager, he would have to clean the apartment to get his allowance. His father told him that you always had to work hard for your money, so he got accustomed to keeping things clean even if he didn't get paid for it.
 
“You must have been happy to be back at Domino even if it was for a few hours.”
 
“Yes I was.” he said as he stood up from his seat with balls of crumpled paper in his hands. He walked past Yukito and threw the paper balls in the trash can in the corner. He spun around to find Yukito looking at him with a tiny blush on his face. “What's the matter?”
 
“Ah nothing Jounouchi-kun!” he said as he turned away quickly.
 
“Come on, spill already!” he said as he bent down to look Yukito in the eye.
 
“It's just your clothes are so…casual today.” What he really wanted to say was, `You're clothes make you look hot as hell and I wish you'd bend over some more in those tight ass jeans off yours.'
 
“Oh I see. You're worried about what the art team would think? Don't worry so much Yukito, you'll end up with a stroke.” He moved away from Yukito quickly. The boy had the most tantalizing set of lips he had ever seen in his life. He didn't want to get beaten to a pulp from Touya for stealing a kiss. He realized that he needed to get laid. He hadn't gotten any in four years.
 
“Jounouchi-kun?” Yukito asked him in that soft voice of his. He coughed and moved away from Yukito before he really did something stupid.
 
“I'm fine, I'm fine. So I wonder what the art team has come up with for this cover. I was quite impressed last time when they showed me the various covers they had done.”
 
“Yes well they are one of the best in Japan.” Yukito said as he leaned back into his chair. “I better go check to see if they've arrived. It's time.” He got up from his seat and departed to retrieve the art team.
 
Ten minutes later he returned with five people in tow. They were all much older than Jounouchi himself; well he was still relatively young as he was only twenty-one. They bowed to him respectfully and he returned the gesture. Yukito ushered them over to the seats around Jounouchi's desk.
 
“It is our pleasure to work with you again Jounouchi-san.”
 
“Thank you but I am the one who is honored that you would even consider working with me again.” Jounouchi watched as the man, who had his long black hair pulled back into a ponytail, placed a folder on his desk and pushed it towards him.
 
“There are various different covers for you to choose from. After receiving a copy of the story itself from Yukito-san and reading it, our various artists came up with several covers.”
 
Jounouchi opened the folder and immediately, the first cover took his breath away. He stared at it for a while and then he turned the page to look at the other cover. Another breathtaking cover. It was going to be extremely difficult this time around. “These are so beautiful. It's going to be very difficult for me to choose when all the covers are breathtaking” he said as he looked at another cover. He froze. This cover reminded him of…he turned the page quickly. That was four years ago. “Yukito-kun what do you think? I need your help with this one.” He asked as he continued to look through all the different possible covers.
 
FIVE HOURS LATER…
 
They had finally chosen a cover for his book `In Your Eyes'. They had actually settled for the very first image that he had seen. It was so beautiful and breathtaking. It was a close up shot of a girl's face. It seemed as though she was looking at you over her shoulders. But what got Jounouchi was the pair of haunting blue eyes. He didn't know how the artist did it, but he could actually see the pain, the love, all those emotions in those eyes. Nothing like the other set of blue eyes that haunted his dreams of late.
 
“Jounouchi-kun I think that was an exceptional choice you made. I have no doubt that this book will be another bestseller.” Yukito said as he sat back down in the chair facing Jounouchi. He took off his glasses and placed them on the table tiredly. Spending five hours choosing cover art was tiring.
 
“You seem tired Yukito-kun. I'm exhausted myself.” Jounouchi said as he covered his mouth as he yawned. He really was tired. He had been on the move most of the day. “I think we should call it a day. We can finish up the rest of the stuff tomorrow.”
 
“Yes thank you Jounouchi-kun. We do not have much to do again.” He stood up as Jounouchi stood up. “Jounouchi-kun…I noticed that you wouldn't look at the third cover at all. Was there something about it that bothered you?”
 
Jounouchi froze as Yukito asked him the question. `Damn he's observant! It's no wonder he's an editor' he thought as he walked over to get his jacket. “It reminds me of something that happened in the past” was all he said as he pulled his jacket on. He did not look at Yukito as he walked past him to pick up his bag. “Something I would like to forget.” He turned to face Yukito. “Do you need a ride?”
 
“No Touya is coming to pick me up today. Thank you for offering though.” He looked at Jounouchi who had gone back rummaging through the drawer of his desk. “I apologize Jounouchi-san.”
 
“For what? Not accepting my ride? It's okay.” Jounouchi said as he pulled out a set of keys. “I don't even remember putting them in here.”
 
“No, for bringing up the past.”
 
“You really worry too much Yukito-kun.” Jounouchi walked past him and held open the door for Yukito. They both exited the small office. “I'll see you tomorrow Yukito-kun. Tell Touya-san I said hello.” He waved goodbye to his silent editor and walked off to the elevator. When the elevator door opened he walked in silently.
 
`No matter how much I try to forget I can't seem to get it out of my head.' He closed his eyes and sighed as he leaned against the wall of the elevator. The memories came rushing back to him. He could see it all so clearly, the night he told Mai to choose. He had been tired of not being sure how she felt. One minute she was all over him, the next she was telling him that he was nothing like Varon. He had been so tired of it all. He realized now that it had been a little unfair, forcing her to choose between them. But he needed to know whether or not to hold on or to move forward with his life. He saw her decision in those violet eyes. She didn't have to say a word to him though it had hurt more when she had said it herself. He remembered her words like if she had told him seconds ago. He could not forget them; they were burnt in his memory.
 
FLASHBACK
 
“I want you to choose Mai. I'm tired of not knowing how you really feel.” Jounouchi said as he peered over the bridge they had stopped on. They had gone out for a ride, Mai allowing Jounouchi to drive. They had just wanted to go out; they were feeling a little stuffed up in Yugi's living-room with the rest of the gang there.
 
“What do you mean Jou?” Mai asked as she moved closer to the blond boy. She put her hand down gently on his shoulder but he just moved away.
 
“I want you to choose between Varon and I. I want to know who you really want to be with.” He turned around to look her in the eye but her head was hanging down.
 
“You can't make me choose Jounouchi, I…don't know…I.” she said as she looked off to the side. “Why do you want to change things Jounouchi? Everything is fine and you want to change things.” she said as she looked at him angrily.
 
“Everything's fine Mai? What is the matter with you? Everything's not fine! One minute you're telling me that you love me and the next minute you're telling me that I need to grow up, act more mature like Varon. That doesn't seem fine to me.”
 
“Stop acting like a baby Jounouchi! You really do need to grow up and realize that not everything in this world is sugar and spice but obviously you're still too much of a child to understand that.” she turned to walk off but he grabbed her hand and pulled her back.
 
“So why do you bother with me then, since I'm a child? You're the one who needs to grow up Mai, not me. I grew up a long time ago.” He momentarily looked off to the side then he looked back at her, his amber orbs shining in the moonlight. “Choose now Mai, this is the only chance you get.” His anger grew when she looked down at her feet again. Didn't she love him? He certainly loved her. All the things he did for her, all the things he would still do for her. He would always love her. He couldn't understand why she just couldn't choose. She was constantly whispering to him that she loved him. Why couldn't she just choose? She lifted her head and stared at him and he felt his heart shatter. She wasn't gong to choose him. He could see it in her eyes.
 
“Then I choose Varon. I can't be with someone who is so insecure, so childish and that's exactly what you are Jounouchi, a childish fool. ” Jounouchi let go of her hand and stepped away from her. He didn't want to be anywhere near her again. “I hope that we can still be friends Jou.” She looked heartbroken when he shook his head at her
 
“I should have seen this coming. In a way I knew you would choose him. I wish you good luck in your relationship with him.” he stopped and looked at her one last time. She was crying. “Why are you crying Mai? This is what you wanted and you always get what you want right?” He turned back around and continued walking down the dark bridge, completely ignoring her cries for him to come back. `You made your choice Mai. You have to stick by it now because I know I will.'
 
END FLASHBACK
 
He always thought that maybe he should have fought for her more; maybe try to talk some sense into her head. But how many times had he fought for her? He had grown tired of it, fighting for her. And after all the hard work he would do, she'd just be off and disappear, never leaving a number that he could call her at.
 
“Jounouchi-san?” asked a quiet voice. Jounouchi opened his eyes to see Yukito and Touya staring at him strangely. “Are you alright? We found you knocked out on the elevator floor.” Yukito explained as he rested his hand against Jounouchi's forehead.
 
Jounouchi pushed his hand away gently and then got up off the floor of the elevator. “I'm fine Yukito-kun. I just need some rest. Please don't worry about me.” The door opened and he stepped out. He turned to give them a wave. “I'm taking the day off tomorrow. If you need anything please stop by my apartment. Take care Touya-san, Yukito-kun.” He smiled at them one last time and then walked off to find his car.
 
When he found his car, he climbed in and just sat there for a while. After five minutes of just sitting there staring at his steering wheel, he started the car and then sped off. He was driving really fast, taking corners like a formula one driver. He just liked to drive fast. It gave him a rush like no other drug could. And he'd tried his fare share of drugs when he was a street punk. Luckily he hadn't gotten addicted to any. The most he ever did now was smoke cigarettes.
 
Remembering that he needed to restock his kitchen, he parked his car on the road, in front the grocery. Remembering what his last experience was like when he wore no sort of disguise, he opened the glove compartment and pulled out his trusty baseball cap. He but on the cap and then his sunglasses, even though it was six in the afternoon. He checked to make sure his wallet was in his jacket and then he was off to the grocery.
 
He walked through the automatic doors and then grabbed a trolley and he was down the first aisle.
 
“Why does this chicken look like it was here since Battle City?” he strolled past the meat section, only picking up some beef and some fish. The rest of the meat looked scary. “What else do I need? God why couldn't Shizuka be here to help me?” he asked himself.
 
“Is that you Jounouchi?” asked a deep voice from behind the confused blond writer, who was currently in a war with himself whether to buy the crunchy peanut butter or the smooth. “Jounouchi?”
 
“But the crunchy tastes so good!! Why is it more expensive than the smooth?” he argued with himself, totally ignoring whoever it was calling his name.
 
“JOUNOUCHI!!!!!!!!!” the person yelled and finally the blond turned around with angry amber eyes. This person almost made him drop the bottle of crunchy peanut butter.
 
“I ought to skin you…Keith? That you?” Jounouchi stared at the person hard.
 
“Yes it's me you dumb ass. Still dumb as ever I see.” The other blond duelist said as he looked Jounouchi up and down. “Don't you think those jeans are a bit too tight blondie?”
 
“It's nice to see you too Keith” he said sarcastically. He looked Keith up and down as well and then grinned. “You shouldn't talk; I'm surprised your lower body could still move. Those pants must be stopping your blood circulation.”
 
“Ha ha, very funny. I'm surprised you know what circulation means.”
 
“You know, you're still the jackass that I knew from back in duelist kingdom.” He leaned up a little so that his face was close to Keith's. “If it weren't for those pretty blue eyes of yours I'd a punch you out right now.” He watched with satisfaction as Keith's cheeks turned light pink. He walked off, leaving the surprised man behind.
 
“Hey wait up you brat!” Keith called as he raced after Jounouchi, who had just realized that he hadn't put the bottle of crunchy peanut butter in his trolley. He spun around, almost crashing into Keith. “Watch how you're driving that thing would ya?” He trailed behind Jounouchi as the blond went to pick up the bottle of crunchy peanut butter.
 
“What are you still doing in Japan? I thought you went back to America.” Jounouchi said as he looked at some jelly that could possibly go with the peanut butter.
 
“I was offered a job over here testing some games for Kaiba Corp and the pay was quite good so I stayed” he explained. “So how's life now that you're a writer huh? I was quite surprised when I heard the news. I didn't even know that you could spell, let alone write novels” he teased as he walked alongside Jounouchi.
 
“I'm much smarter than you'll ever be Keith.” He said as they reached the snack aisle. He headed straight for the pocky. His favorite flavor was vanilla. He picked up five boxes. “So why are you following me around the grocery?” he asked as he spun around to find the American picking up some large packs of Doritos.
 
“I have nothing better to do, besides your butt looks quite delectable in those jeans.” He walked past Jounouchi who had turned red.
 
“I didn't know you swung that way Keith. I'd have never suspected.” He pushed his trolley down the aisle to meet up with Keith.
 
“Well what can I say?” he quickly squeezed Jounouchi's butt while bending down to whisper in his ear. “Why, you want to have some fun?” He merely laughed when Jounouchi stepped back shocked.
 
“Just once I wish that I didn't get molested in the grocery, just once.” He stared up at Keith who was smirking at him. “I'm not interested and don't touch me like that again! Pervert.”
 
“I wasn't interested either, though you look like you'd be great in bed.” He winked at a flustered Jounouchi, who looked ready to explode. “And what's that about getting molested in the grocery?”
 
“Every time I come in here, there is always someone who grabs my ass. I think it's one of those guys who pack the shelves.” He whispered as he looked around suspiciously.
 
“Well it sounds like you have an admirer.” Keith said as he picked up a six pack of Heineken beer and dumped it in his cart.
 
Suddenly Jounouchi realized how strange it was that one of the people he disliked the most four years ago, was talking to him like they were best friends kindergarten, while they were grocery shopping. Truly strange. But he guessed that was all in the past now. He was happy that at least one person could put it all behind them.
 
“Hey what ever happened to that girl Mai you hung around with? You know the one with the big tits?”
 
“I really don't know, haven't spoken to her in four years.” He simply didn't want to talk about her.
 
Keith saw the look on his face and so he asked no more questions about Mai.
 
After walking around the grocery about seven times, since they both seemed to forget what they needed to get, they finally cashed for the stuff, Jounouchi getting groped by a mysterious hand as he excited the store.
 
“Man whoever it is really squeezed hard this time. My butt hurts.” Jounouchi said as he tried to rub his butt with two grocery bags in his hand. Keith only had one bag.
 
“Is this your ride Blondie? Sweet!” Keith said as he admired Jounouchi's car. It was a tricked out Lexus. Rims shining brightly, the red paint job with a dragon painted on the side seemed to make Keith drool.
 
“Yeah at first I was going to buy a foreign car like a Mercedes or like a BMW but then I thought to myself, why not just buy a Japanese car that's much cheaper and then trick it out. I got a nice deal too.”
 
“A great deal indeed.” Keith continued to stare at his car.
 
“Your ride ain't too bad either. Honda would freak out over this bike.” Jounouchi ran his fingers along the handle bars. It was a Kawasaki Ninja that was painted a really odd blue that Jounouchi couldn't name. It made the bike look mean, like it could mash down everything. “I can guess this is where that hefty Kaiba Corp salary went.”
 
“Kaiba may be a bastard but he sure knows how to pay right.” He smiled as Jounouchi chuckled. His cell phone started to ring and he quickly answered it. He turned away from Jounouchi and lowered his voice to whisper level. He turned to find the blond looking at him with a grin on his face.
 
“Is that your lover calling to tell you to be back home soon?” Jounouchi teased and his smile only widened when Keith started to blush.
 
“Well I have to be off, got a nice piece of ass home waiting for me to spank.” He winked at Jounouchi and then put on his helmet. “I'll see you around Blondie!” he quickly straddled the bike and revved up the engine.
 
“Yeah nice talking to you too Bandit Keith!” he called as he dumped the grocery bags into the front passenger seat. He walked around the front and got in on his side. He flung the baseball cap off and then started his car. They both sped off at the same time, Jounouchi going one way and Keith going the other. He found it so strange that Keith had seemed to calm him down like that. Back at Duelist Kingdom all the other blond did was make his blood boil.
 
“How things change” he said as he sighed. He over took some old beat up Hyundai that was driving at slug pace. He had made sure to get a manual car. He just liked to grab hold of the stick that was all. Some Linkin Park started to play and he couldn't miss the opportunity to blast it out.
 
“******”
 
He finally got home around half eight due to the fact that he had gotten pulled over by a rather smelly police officer. He hadn't even been speeding at the time. “Bloody police.” He grumbled as he went about packing his groceries away. He just dumped all the dry foods in the pantry and all the food that needed to be kept cold was dumped in the fridge. “What should I make for dinner?” he asked himself. Living with his father had taught him many things. Like how to save money correctly, even before he had gotten his job as a writer, his father made sure to tell all about investing his money wisely. He had even gotten him an appointment with a Lawyer. Another thing he learnt from living with his father was how to cook. It was either he starve until his father got home to cook food or he cook it himself. Over time he became a better cook and Yugi even once told him he was so good that he should become a chef.
 
“Maybe I should make some pasta with meat balls.” He mumbled to himself. The phone rang, interrupting his thoughts. He rushed over to the phone and picked it up. “Moshi moshi! Jounouchi speaking!” he said brightly.
 
“Nii-chan! How are you?” Shizuka asked brightly. Jounouchi was so glad that she called. It had been far too long since he had heard her voice.
 
“I'm fine. And how is my favorite girl in the world?” he asked as he opened his freezer and pulled out a frozen pizza he had just bought.
 
“I'm great nii-chan! How are you? Did you find someone interesting enough to go out with as yet?”
 
“Nah! I'm not looking for someone at the moment. Just laying back enjoying the scenery that's all.” he said as he turned on the oven.
 
“But nii-chan? You're so handsome I'm sure you will have no problem finding someone. I have a lot of friends who would love to go out on a date with you.” He could just imagine the puppy eyes she would be using to try and get him to go out on a date with one of her friends.
 
“Ah but Shizuka-hime I only like boys now remember?” he busted open the box and took the frozen pizza out and placed it on a tray. He popped it in the oven and set the timer to twenty minutes.
 
“It's a shame; you have so many female fans.”
 
“So what did you call for? You want to spend the weekend again?” He walked over to the couch and plopped down, taking up the bills that he had brought in on the way up.
 
“Yeah Mom is acting all stupid again. You swear I do drugs from the way she's acting. She's really lucky that I'm such a good child. I could be out there right now in a bar smoking pot and knocking back some booze.”
 
Jounouchi chuckled. It was true. Shizuka was such a good child and considering the circumstances she was brought up in, she should have gone all crazy by now. But she hadn't, not once had she done anything wild like he had. They really did give her the perfect name. `Silent' her name meant. She really was silent and peaceful. “You know you can come here any time Shizuka-hime. I really don't know how you could stand to live with that woman.” And to deepen his view of her, he nearly had a heart attack when he looked at the credit card bill. He had been pressured into giving his mother a credit card since she claimed that it would be used on Shizuka. “What the fuck was she thinking?” he asked himself but realized he had said it out loud when he heard Shizuka eep.
 
“What's wrong nii-sama?” she asked in that sweet voice of hers.
 
“I'm coming over tomorrow to get you. You'll know then.” He said as he looked through the whole long list off high priced stuff she had bought. `What the fuck did she buy for twenty thousand yen?'
 
“I've got to go brother, okaa-san told me to get off the phone. Call me before you leave to come pick me up. I love you nii-chan.”
 
“Love you too Shizu-chan. I'll see you tomorrow. Sleep well.” The call ended with a click. “Damn that blasted woman!” She was really going to be in for it tomorrow.
 
“Why can't she just for once prove me wrong? Why?” he asked himself as he went back to the kitchen. He practically ripped the door off of the oven when the timer went off. Pulling on some oven gloves, he cursed as he pulled the steaming pizza out. He set it on the counter top to let it cool off. He didn't like pizza when it was too hot. Aside from it burning your mouth, you really couldn't taste all the different tasty stuff on it because you were usually focusing on not getting your mouth burnt. He flung the oven gloves off and then went about fixing himself something to drink. He wished he had some vodka; it would chase away all the anger. He instead settled for some diet Coke. He took out three slices and set then on a plate and then grabbed his drink and set off for the dining table. Back in high school when the TV used to seem to have control over him, he would eat in front the TV, but now that he got older, there was rarely anything that interested him anymore so he just kept the TV off.
 
He brought a slice of pizza to his mouth and bit down on it. He idly wondered if Kaiba was having anymore fun than he was at the time. He highly doubted it.
 
“******”
 
“What the hell is this?” Kaiba yelled at one of his workers. “I thought I told you not to bring this back here with any mistakes!” The poor woman just nodded her head quickly at him. “Get out! And don't come back until this is done perfectly!” He sat down hurriedly in his leather chair. He watched the woman pick up the report and dash out of the room in tears. “Why is it that people are so incompetent?” he asked himself as he leaned back into his chair holding his temples in frustration.
 
“That's because not everyone is like you big brother.” Mokuba said as he entered the office. He smiled brightly at his older brother who seemed to cheer up a little at the sight of his younger sibling.
 
“Hmn. Well I guess not everyone could be as brilliant as me.” He said with a smile. “What are you doing here at this hour? I thought I told you to go home.” He said as he leaned on the palm of his hand.
 
“Ah just wanted to see how my lovely big brother was doing.” He said as he sat on the edge of the desk. Kaiba had long grown accustomed to his behavior. To say Mokuba acted like a punk was an understatement. The boy was constantly in some kind of leather, be it a leather studded collar around his neck, or tight ass leather pants, or even leather biker boots. He had an earring in his upper ear and his hair was tied back in a ponytail at the base of his neck. He rode a motorbike to school and to wherever he had to go. Kaiba could only blame Yugi-tachi for this. But he was a Kaiba and that entails being a little crazy.
 
“What do you want this time Mokuba?” he asked as he stared at his little brother.
 
“Oh well Yugi wanted me to give you this message, since he knows that you wouldn't take his calls.” He paused dramatically and brushed some hair out of his eyes. “He says he's having a party, a reunion of sorts and has invited both you and me.”
 
“I see he's still playing chicken, giving all the messages intended for me to you. Why does he think I would even go to that ridiculous party anyway?”
 
“Ah but he said he's inviting everybody, so Jounouchi-sama will be there.” He stood up and walked over to his brother. “And I know that I can't wait to see him again and so can't you.” He said as he picked up a piece of paper from in front of Kaiba. He stared at it for a moment and then placed it back down.
 
“Why do you like that mutt so much? He's nothing but a bonkotsu.” He really hoped that Mokuba didn't like Jounouchi that way.
 
“I've always liked Jounouchi-kun big brother and don't worry, not that way like I'm sure you're thinking. Plus he's written one of my favorite books of all time.” It seemed everyone were Jounouchi addicts. “I'm telling you nii-sama, you've got to read his first novel. I think this is the first realistic romance novel from a guy's point of view I've ever read.”
 
“Are you sure you're not gay Mokuba?” he asked teasingly. Amazingly Mokuba was straight. From the way he dressed and acted you would have sworn that he swung the other way.
 
“I'm pretty sure, why don't you ask Rebecca she'll tell you just how straight I am.” He burst out laughing like a maniac. It was the typical Kaiba laughter. The `Muwhahahahaha' laughter as Jounouchi called it.
 
“I really didn't need to know about you and Rebecca's interludes.” Kaiba said clearly perturbed that his little brother had just talked about sex with that Rebecca girl.
 
“Whatever big brother. You're just jealous. Anyway what I'm really excited to see is when Mai shows up to the party with Varon on her arm. I can't wait for all the excitement that would ensue.”
 
`Yes I'd really like to see how things will turn out, since she dumped my puppy for that biker punk. I think I just might go after all.' he thought sadistically. “I think I just might go after all Mokuba. It's going to be fun to watch those geeks suffer.” He smiled evilly and Mokuba just shook his head at him.
 
“But I know you really want to go so you can see your puppy again. That little episode at the restaurant left you so unsatisfied.” Mokuba teased. Kaiba simply glared at him. Suddenly Mokuba got serious. “I saw Mitsubishi-san with some other guy today. I never liked him one bit. I knew I was right.”
 
“Koike is no longer my concern Mokuba. In fact he was never my concern. Just another rich slut who is too dumb to do anything useful with himself.”
 
`You lie big brother. I saw how much you cared for him. You try to act cold but you're really not. You loved him and I'm pretty sure that you still love him just a little bit too.' Mokuba thought to himself. “Ah should I call Yugi-kun and give him the good news?”
 
“Do as you please. I think I'm calling it a night.” He packed away some documents into his briefcase and then he got up from the leather chaired and walked over to the door. He pressed a button and a coat rack appeared from out of the wall. If Jounouchi had seen this, he would have shook his head and said that rich people just loved to waste money. The brunet pulled on his new favorite trench coat of the moment. It was black with silver buckles. It looked extremely expensive and dangerous. Another thing Jounouchi would have commented on had he been there. Kaiba in short looked like he just walked off the set of `The Matrix'. He pulled out his cell phone that looked like it was from out of space and pressed a button and automatically his driver was on the line.
 
“Meet me at the office. If you're not there when I get down you're fired.” He said in that deep sexy voice of his. It was the standard treat which the driver had long grown accustomed to. Kaiba said that to him everyday and he still hadn't been fired as yet.
 
“So nii-sama you heading home now?” Mokuba asked as he followed his brother out of the office. He had to be careful and not get in the path of the trench coat. It looked like it could cut him in half.
 
“Why yes Mokuba. Where else would I go?” he asked as they entered the elevator. It seemed the doors would just open up whenever the Kaiba brothers passed through. No need for anyone to press any buttons.
 
“To a club to get a drink and to have some fun.” He said in a tone like if it was the most obvious thing in the world.
 
“Unlike you, who currently has no troubles in the world, I have a billion dollar company to run. So no, I won't be going to a club tonight.” The door opened and they walked out in all their Kaiba glory. Mokuba made sure to blow a kiss at the secretary in the lounge room. Kaiba pushed opened the front glass doors dramatically, his leather trench coat billowing behind him. Mokuba stood next to him, his ponytail flapping about from the rush of cool air. They looked like something out of the movies. As expected the limo was already parked waiting for Kaiba to enter.
 
“You coming Mokuba? Or are you going to visit your little bratty girlfriend?” Kaiba asked as he stepped closer to the limo door which was opened for him.
 
“I'll just ride my bike and yes I'm going to visit Rebecca. See you around big brother.” He called as he walked over to his bike. He grabbed the helmet and put it on, his wild ponytail sticking out the back.
 
Kaiba watched as he straddled the bike and then he was off. He shook his head and chuckled softly to himself. Mokuba was such a character. He scowled at his driver who was smiling at him and then he climbed in the limo. “Take me straight home.” He ordered as he leaned back into the plush seats. He sighed to himself. It seemed everything he cared about was running away from him. Mokuba no longer needed him to protect him anymore. The kid could take care of himself quite fine. He missed the days when Mokuba was always at his side, grabbing his coat and peeping out from behind him if ever he was afraid. He rubbed his temples. `He's older now, he doesn't need me but that doesn't mean that I won't stop protecting him.' he thought to himself as he looked out the window. He remembered what Mokuba had mentioned in the office about Koike. He didn't even know why he had ever gone out with that fool. Such a waste of his precious time.
 
But still he cared a little for him. He hated that he had grown so attached to someone so quickly. He only knew the boy for a week and then bam! They were dating. He realized that he had rushed into things. Koike had seemed like he would understand him. But he didn't even come close to understanding him. They were both wealthy but Koike was a spoiled brat. Never had to work for what he had, he just got what he wanted no matter what. He may have been lucky that Gozuboru had been rich but back then he couldn't just order around people to get him what he wanted like Koike did. He had to prove to his step-father that he was worthy of everything he gave them. Prove to him that he was strong, that he could survive.
 
`I had been stupid to think that Koike would understand me because he grew up in a rich family. There is only truly one person that would understand me.' He sighed as he saw an image flash across his mind. Blond hair and the most soulful amber eyes he had ever seen. Such life shone in their depts. “Jounouchi” he whispered in a husky voice. The blond former duelist turned writer always managed to make his body heat up in more ways than one.
 
“You wait and see puppy. I will make you mine!” he said as he chuckled darkly. His driver wondered why he hadn't quit his job as yet.
 
I will make you mine.
 
TO BE CONTINUED…
 
Notice I put the author's note at the end of the chapter. I know some people would not want to read all his before the actual story so I but it below. Aren't I considerate?
 
Ah yes another chapter finished. Yay! I'm so happy that I finished it. Normally whenever I start a new story, I always try to update like a week after. I am really sorry about keeping you people waiting for this chapter. I have three other stories to update and I try to write their chapters so I can post them consecutively. Ah but I'm really behind. Oh yes about a few things in this chapter. I'll start with the whole Mai thing. I really tried my hardest to not make her as mean as I really wanted to write her. I hate her! I really do hate her character so much. Oh yeah Jounouchi writes romance novels. He uses his heartache to fuel his writing. So yeah he's kind of like Eiri Yuki from Gravitation.
 
Anyway on to the other thing with Mokuba. Am I the only one who notices that Mokuba looks like a younger version of Hiroshi Nakano of Gravitation? So when you picture him in your mind in this story, he looks exactly like Hiro just with longer hair. Ah yes and he is a Kaiba so he must act crazy as well. As for all the leather, this is Yu-gi-oh we're speaking about here. If one character doesn't have some type of leather or buckle on them then something's wrong. The only character I see without any leather or buckles, in the show is Jounouchi. I really do love Kaiba's boots though. The pair from Battle City with the straps sticking out at the sides, I love those and all his trench coats. Wah so cool! If ever I had to cosplay, I would so be him. Ah but I'm a girl so you'd have to over look the boobs. But I do have the scowl down pretty good.
 
And lastly since you all would want to kill me by now for the long ass author's notes. But yes, I truly wanted to portray Jounouchi's mother like a total bitch. I know in the Kids WB version of Yu-gi-oh, they don't show much about their parents. That's another question I want to ask. Where the hell are their parents? You just let your kids run around fighting all sorts of madness? What kind of parents are they? Anyway but from what I saw of her, she doesn't seem like she really cares about Jounouchi that much. I well, I just wanted to back up Jou's father for a change since I highly doubt that he's an abusive drunk and even if he is I won't portray him that way. I wonder who it is started this whole thing with Jounouchi's father being a drunk because there are no websites that say anything much about him.
 
Now I'll like to thank all my wonderful reviewers. Fifteen in all at Fan-fiction-net and two from Media-miner-org. Thanks so much. You Yu-gi-oh readers really review a lot. I just love you all. I promise the author's notes won't be so long next chapter okay!
 
REVIEW THANKS
 
Misura - I can't believe you actually reviewed one of my stories! Thanks for all the great compliments. Now that I know you will be reading I will certainly try my best!
 
Santurian3 - Glad you liked it! I'll try to update faster.
 
Jenniyah - What an odd review. (Scratches head) You didn't say if you liked it or not, Jou writes romance novels using his heartache to fuel his writing. I hope you liked this chapter.
 
YaoiYaoiYeah - Yeah my girl has reviewed my story. I must say you are very loyal! I love you! Yes I just happen to be a Seto/Jou freak too! Yay! Looking forward to more reviews from you!
 
Anaraz - Super glad you liked the chapter! Hope you liked this one too.
 
Yukiki-Angel - Thanks for your review. Gald that someone else out there agrees with me on the whole abusive father thing.
 
Bookwormloverjen - Glad you liked it!
 
Maurelle - Thanks so much for your review. I tried my very best to keep them all in character. I hate it how the anime makes Jou seem like he's so dumb when he's not.
 
Ryuueiki - Thanks for your review! Glad you thought it was awesome.
 
Jasmemini - Happy that you liked the story so far. Keep reviewing
 
CrossHunt-s - I had this idea in my head for a while but it was a little different. Gravitation made it what it is now. Thanks for your review.
 
Sapira's Ember - Cool name btw. Glad you liked it. I really don't like to write Kaiba ooc but of course he will have his moments. Thanks for your review.
 
AndyJune - Yay! Glad you liked it so much and thought it was cute. Please keep reviewing. Thanks for the review.
 
Maggiemay - Thanks for the compliment! Glad that you liked it!
 
AOTS - You have one of the coolest names ever! Assasin of the Shadows, how cool! Yes let's join forces and hate Mai together (evil laugh) Thanks for you wonderful compliments Arigato for your review.
 
AoiFurin - Glad you liked it. Thanks for telling me I kept them in character. I was most worried about that. Arigato for your review.
 
HellsEternalFlame - Yes isn't he just damn sexy? Gosh I wish he was real! Anyway I better stop before I freak you out. Glad you liked it and thanks for the compliment