Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ I Care ❯ Thinking About It ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Emmy: Thank you for voting, I'll take them into consideration. Also, I thought of another one during Math class, because of course I wasn't paying attention. I posted it on the end of Temporary Haven. Also, I know this chapter isn't my best, I'm just a little stuck. I don't know how to get from where I am now to where I want to be. I've also been busy with my play (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) so that's been occupying my time.
 
Raven: Enough about you're private life Emmy, put it in the profile. We must of had an all time record of 7 reviews for one chapter!
 
Bakura: It sounds so pathetic when you say it that way…
 
Ryou: But it's not! 7 is our high score I think. Anyway, we hope you enjoy this chapter. (Disclaimer on first 1-5 chapters.)
 
 
 
Thinking About It
 
People talking, chicken roasting, TV blaring, clock ticking. In an attempt to escape this world Aly had retreated to her only place of privacy.
 
“Back at home I could just go for a walk in the woods and find privacy. I'll I've got here is this room…and sometimes that's not even enough,” Aly thought. She was sprawled out of her bed, lost in deep thought.
 
The clock read 5:23. Time was passing too quickly. It had only been a few hours ago when Aly had thought she was in love. It had only been a few hours ago when she had risked her health and her life to save one of her best friends and perhaps future boyfriend. It had only been a few hours ago that she had learned an ancient Egyptian goddess was watching over her. It had only been about half an hour ago that she'd learned her parents would be going on a week long business trip to Tokyo within a few weeks.
 
“Maybe I could stay with Tea…or maybe even Yugi…or maybe…”
 
The day had left Aly with a lot to think about. It was a bit overwhelming but after having a few hours to think she had sorted most of it out.
 
Aly got up and sat down at her computer.
 
Aly on M.S.N
 
AlleyKat: Hello?
 
AlleyKat: Guys, please answer!
 
AlleyKat: HELLO?!
 
Basket_Star_20: Aly hello!
 
AlleyKat: I've missed you sooooooooooooo much!!
 
Basket_Star_20: Aly, it's been a long time! How r u?
 
AlleyKat: Well…
 
Basket_Star_20: What?
 
AlleyKat: Can you tell Kara and Erica to log on?
 
Basket_Star_20: Sure. Wait a moment.
 
 
Ally sighed as she waited for her other friends to log on. She'd promised Yugi not to tell about his puzzle and the shadow magic…but could she tweak it a bit and tell them about the fight? It was hard not telling your best friends when a goddess was watching over you. Maybe Yugi wouldn't get mad if she told. Besides, what would her friends do? They weren't the type to go around tell people magic existed. Still…
 
 
HotChick101: Hello Aly!
 
Doodlebug333: Oh Aly we've missed you!
 
AlleyKat: I've missed you guys too! Sorry we haven't been able to talk lately.
 
Basket_Star_20: Tell us what's going on in Japan Aly. Nothing really interesting has happened here.
 
HotChick101: Unless you count the dance.
 
AlleyKat: Tell me about the dance. Who'd you go with?
 
HotChick101: Well, remember that one dude Thomas? Well he asked me to go! So did a jock and a prep boy but I decided I liked Thomas better. Anyway, that's not the BIG news.
 
Doodlebug33: You're making a big deal out of nothing Kara!
 
Basket_Star_20: But it was special Erica. And so sweet!
 
HotChick101: Erica got asked to the dance! She met him in art class! They even slow-danced together! It was so sweet!
 
Doodlebug333: His name is Brandon…
 
AlleyKat: Oh how cool!!!! Congrats Erica! I wish I could have been there to see you! Who'd Millie go with?
 
Basket_Star_20: Nobody, I don't like dances.
 
AlleyKat: What about Sam, you were dating him when I left.
 
Basket_Star_20: I dumped him the night before the dance. He was boring. Enough about us though!
 
Doodlebug333: Yes, tell us about what you've been doing!
 
Aly thought. She had to tell them something…
 
AlleyKat: Remember that boy I told you about?
 
Basket_Star_20: The gay one?
 
AlleyKat: Yeah. His name is Ryou Bakura and I think I like him.
 
HotChick101: OMG!!! THAT'S SOOOOO COOL!!!
 
Basket_Star_20: I knew it!
 
Doodlebug333: How sweet. Are you dating?
 
AlleyKat: No, but…well.
 
HotChick101: What?
 
Basket_Star_20: Yeah?
 
Doodlebug333: Aly?
 
AlleyKat: Ok. A few hours ago I saw him getting beat up by a bully. You see, his brother is mean to him and beats him up. I saw his brother beating him up and I tried to help him but his brother almost seriously injured me. I just couldn't let him hurt Ryou though!!!!
 
Doodlebug333: You tried to fight a boy?!
 
Basket_Star_20: YOU tried to FIGHT somebody?!!!
 
AlleyKat: Yes.
 
HotChick101: Aly that's so stupid! But it's also so sweet! You might actually be in love Aly! You risked getting hurt to protect Ryou. Wow, this is dramatic!
 
Doodlebug333: Thank god you're ok! You are ok right?!
 
AlleyKat: Yes.
 
Basket_Star_20: I'd never of thought you the type to rush into a fight. Well, maybe to help someone. How'd you fight him?
 
AlleyKat: Crowbar.
 
Doodlebug333: Wow…
 
AlleyKat: Also…I had this dream. In the dream this ancient Egyptian goddess called Bastet told me that I wouldn't die in the fight because I bore her symbol. She meant the friendship necklace!
 
HotChick101: You dreamed this? When?
 
AlleyKat: I was unconscious I think.
 
Doodlebug333: Wow, because of our friendship you lived!!!
 
Basket_Star_20: You think it was real Erica?
 
Doodlebug333: Of course! Aly, you have someone up there who likes you.
 
HotChick101: Aly, you're living out a Soap Opera.
 
AlleyKat: Yeah. Then there's the whole business trip my parents are taking…
 
XXXXXXXXXX (a little while later)
 
Once again Aly was sprawled on her bed, thinking. She was not only thinking, she was planning. It had started out as just a thought but now it was growing into something much more. For this was a golden opportunity.
 
“One week with no parents. I could really do some good.”
 
Her plan was a bit crazy as her friends had put it but to Aly it seemed necessary. This was her only chance. One week was all the time she had and she hoped it was enough.
 
“If he'd let me…I could stay at his house…or have him stay here…for one week. We could get to know each other…I could make sure her eats and doesn't get hurt…Bakura can't hurt me…”
 
Aly heard a low meow and rolled over to see a fat calico peeking at her from under the bed.
 
“Hey Twitch, haven't seen you in a while,” Aly said, picking the colorful cat up. “You know Twitch, I've been thinking…actually I've been planning. I know it might sound crazy but…” Aly whispered into her plan into her cat's ear.
 
“Well, what do you think?” she asked. The cat blinked at her and gave another low meow as if to say:
 
“You're insane.”
 
Aly frowned. “Humph! I bet it will work, you just wait and see!” The cat blinked again. “Yes, I did just say will work,” Aly replied. With that she jumped off of her bed and made her way upstairs.
 
“A mile a day keeps the calories away…” she said as she turned on the treadmill.
 
 
Bakura's P.O.V (Next day)
 
The spirit fell back onto the repaired couch and gazed at his handy work. The house was back in order, it wasn't clean, it just wasn't a wreck. Bakura had spent the afternoon fixing everything with shadow magic.
 
Despite the feeling of satisfaction at his good work Bakura was sad.
 
“You're sad because of Ryou,” one of his voices said. “You're sad because it wasn't you who made him feel happy during school or last night.”
 
Bakura clenched his fist glared at the ceiling. It was true. Deep down he knew it was true. He was sad because Ryou was unhappy with him.
 
“Because you hurt him!” another voice hissed.
 
“As I told the Pharaoh before, everything I do has a logical reason behind it,” Bakura replied.
 
“Care to enlighten me?” the voice asked.
 
“You're not real, you're just a voice in my head,” Bakura said. Bakura really wanted to explain his ingenious plan but remembered watching an episode of Dr. Phil where he said it was wrong to talk to the voices in your head. So instead Bakura hopped out of his spot and jogged up the stairs till he reached his room. He approached the door slowly and opened the door. Inside the dark space he found his prisoner, a layer of dust covered its soft fabric. Bakura picked it up and gently shook away the dust then plopped down on the bed and sat the puppy down in front of him.
 
“Since you're a prisoner anyway you will never be able to tell anyone what you hear. For if you do Ryou will wake up to find your fluffy head in his bed,” Bakura told the stuffed animal.
 
“Ok. You see, Ryou is weak and defenseless. He's always crying when I hurt him. He's always jumping when he sees lightening. He's always showing his fear. If-if he could learn not to show his fear he would be one step closer to not being weak. When someone wants to hurt you it only makes them more confident when you show your fear to them. If Ryou would be able to seem unfazed by the bullies at school I wouldn't have to defend him. If he learned not to cry…he'd be able to feel stronger. He'd be able to get stronger…” The puppy stared at Bakura with its big brown eyes.
 
“Ugh!” Bakura suddenly cried, jumping off the bed. “What the hell am I doing? Am I actually telling my plans to a stuffed animal?!” Bakura asked, disgusted with himself. “Must be those stupid birth control pills! Making me act all soft and feminine! First cleaning, now talking to toys! God! I thought poison control said the birth control wasn't harmful!” Bakura shook his head and grabbed the stuffed animal.
 
In an attempt to seem manlier he threw the puppy into the closet where it landed with a thud on it's side. He was about to close the door but couldn't. Bakura sighed and gently shifted the puppy to an upright position. It was only then could he bring himself to shut the pathetic looking toy up in the darkness once more.
 
 
Ryou's P.O.V
 
Day came and so did school. Ryou walked with Yugi to the usual spot they met their friends at.
 
The white haired teen was lost deep in thought, as always, but now his thoughts were much different.
 
“I wonder…” he thought. “If I've been too busy feeling depressed to actually realize what I have…” It had been annoying him all morning. Yugi and the gang had been ok people and the closest things he had to friends. He'd never thought they'd cared that much, but Yugi and Yami had been very caring.
 
“Although Yugi is always like that.” Yami had always been like that too. Not just to Ryou, to everyone. He was always there to defend someone in need. Somewhere, deep down, a feeling of jealousy rose up in Ryou. Why couldn't Yami be his darkness?
 
Ryou quickly dismissed the thought and scolded himself. Bakura was his darkness and he had to except that. He wasn't a bad darkness, well not too bad. He was just different. He lost his temper easily which caused people to fear him more. Ryou knew of the caring behind his darkness though. He'd seen it a few times.
 
It was all quite confusing. Neither Ryou nor Yugi mentioned anything about the night before, so the others knew to just drop it.
 
“Aly! Aly, over here!” Tea called. Aly jogged over towards her friends. Ryou smiled slightly and remembered the kiss she'd given him.
 
“Hey guys,” she greeted.
 
“Aly, I talked to Miki again last night and it's true! There is going to be a dance, next Friday! Oh I can't wait!” Tea squealed. Aly smiled and nodded but Ryou could tell something was wrong. Being in drama Aly was a good actress but even Ryou could tell that something else was on Aly's mind as she listened to Tea's constant chatter.
 
The day was going as normal as ever, despite the drama that had only occurred the day before. Joey still copied off Ryou's paper, Yugi still acted sweet and happy, Tea still wouldn't shut up, and Ryou was silent. It was during lunch when he overheard something very interesting.
 
“Aly you should really be thinking about who you're going to go to the dance with,” Tea said, bouncing in her seat. Aly shrugged.
 
“I really don't like dances that much,” she said casually.
 
“What? How can you not like dances?! Oh, you're not saying you're not going are you?! You have to go Aly! It will be fun!” Tea cried. Aly sighed.
 
“I don't know…I don't like dancing…but I guess if I was asked…oh I don't know!” Aly cried, frowning as she stirred her lumpy macaroni. Ryou saw Tea grin broadly.
 
“Oh I think someone will ask you,” she said. Ryou's heart skipped a beat. Tea wasn't talking about him was she? He would never have the guts to ask Aly! Then again, she wasn't talking about someone else was she? What if someone else stole Aly away before he could even told her how he felt? Then again, again, Aly had kissed him hadn't she? Had she told Tea? Tea wasn't talking about him was she?
 
Ryou shook his head a bit; he was beginning to think in circles.
 
“Who?” Aly asked, looking up from her untouched food. Tea smiled.
 
“It's obvious isn't it?” she asked. Aly gave Tea a puzzled look and Tea's grin broadened. “You mean you didn't know? Well, I won't spoil the surprise for you,” Tea replied, pretending to zip her mouth shut.
 
“Who? Come on Tea tell me!” Aly asked, shaking Tea's arm. Tea shook her head.
 
“Please?” Aly asked, clasping her hands together. Tea turned away, a big smile on her face. Aly sat in silence for a moment, just staring at Tea.
 
“Please?” she asked again.
 
“No,” Tea said, taking a sip of her juice.
 
“Please?”
 
“No.”
 
“Please?”
 
“No.”
 
And so this went on for a good five minutes before Aly gave up. She stared at Tea with her mouth ajar, as if unable to believe Tea's rejection. Ryou was surprised as well.
 
“Tea actually shut up...wow. We should call a reporter or someone. This type of phenomena only occurs every 100 years or so
 
Finally Aly shut her mouth and gave Tea a glare. Then she gazed around the cafeteria, as if to find a boy with a big sign that said “I Like Aly Carter” written on it.
 
Ryou tried to avoid eye contact with her but before he could even get his brain to send the command for his eyes to look down Aly locked her gaze with him. Ryou stared for a moment but quickly blinked and was able to gaze down at the gooey, yellow mess on his plate.
 
“Does Tea mean me? Does Tea mean someone else? Does Tea even know what she's saying or is this just some stupid theory of hers?” Ryou thought.
 
Aly's P.O.V
 
It had been bugging Aly ever since lunch. Tea had made it seem like she knew someone had a crush on Aly, but hadn't said who. It made Aly mad that her new friend wouldn't tell her something so important.
 
“Aly, hello?” Aiko asked. Aly blinked and realized she had zoned out. She had been helping Aiko with her lines.
 
“Oh, sorry,” Aly apologized, blushing.
 
“It's fine. I was saying, this last scene is going to be so cool! I've always liked the ending!” Aiko cried, stars appearing in her eyes. Aly nodded in agreement. In the ending the Prince was married to what seemed to be the Princess but as soon as he took of the veil and kissed her everyone would realize that it was the peasant girl instead.
 
“Yeah…Aiko, I have a question…” Aly said slowly, unsure of whether this was a good idea or not.
 
“Yeah?” the small girl asked.
 
“…Um I was wondering…well Tea told me earlier today that she knew of a boy that was going to ask me to the dance…would you happen to have any idea about who it, err, is?” Aly asked, as she shifted uncomfortably on the floor.
 
Aiko gave her a surprised look. “You mean you don't know?” she asked. Aly shook her head. “Oh my gosh…it's just…it's so obvious.” Aiko grinned and began to giggle. Aly frowned, feeling that the girl was laughing at her, not with her.
 
“Whatever, just tell me who it is.” Aiko stopped giggling and opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted.
 
“Aiko, can you come her a second? I want to, uh, rehearse lines with you!” Malik cried from across the room. Aiko giggled and picked up her script.
 
“Sure Malik…” she replied, the grin never fading from her face. Aly pouted and clenched her fists.
 
“What is it with everyone around here? All I want to know is who has a crush on me! Is that so much to ask?” Aly cried.
 
After a few moments of fuming Aly went back to work, which was basically practicing what she already knew until she learned more.
 
“Move to stage right…blah, blah, blah…maybe I should put my plan into action tonight…just ask him about it…make it sound like I have no where else to go…and if I fail I will just stay with Tea…like I could survive a week with Tea…we're too different…oh god he's got to say yes or I'll have to stay with Tea for a week. One week of friendship, makeovers, cookies, secrets, and girl stuff…HELP ME!”
 
Ryou's P.O.V
 
“We'll see you guys later,” Aly called as Ryou and her broke apart from the small group.
 
“Bye Aly, bye Ryou!” Yugi waved as they turned the corner. As the two walked down the side walk Ryou thought of the kiss and of the feeling he got in his chest when he was with Aly. Ryou so wished he could stay with her rather then go home and face Bakura all alone.
 
“So um…who are you going to the dance with? I haven't been asked yet but I can't dance so I guess it all evens out…” Aly said. Ryou's face got warm.
 
“I, err, I don't know either,” he replied. There was a short moment of silence.
 
“I bet one of those fan girls of yours will ask you,” Aly growled. Ryou's eyes widened at the tone in her voice. Aly seemed to notice her own mistake. “I mean-sorry to say this-but they're such preps! I really don't like them.” Ryou did not respond.
 
The smell of motor oil filled the air, it was hot, Aly's flip flops made a weird flopping sound on the pavement. Ryou watched her walk. Her arms swung at her sides and she seemed to bounce a bit with each step, like she was skipping when she really wasn't.
 
“Why can't I just tell her how I feel? Why can't I tell her that I think she's the most caring, brave, person I've ever met? Why can't I tell her that my stomach flips when she walks by?” he thought sadly. She was brave enough to save him from his yami and kiss him all in the same day and he couldn't even complement her in the easiest way.
 
“Just tell her she's pretty…or smart. It's simple. Say `You look really pretty today' or `Wow, you're great in drama. Just do it!”
 
But no, Ryou still couldn't bring himself to do it. So when the time came for them to depart all Ryou said was “See you tomorrow Aly.”
 
“I hope…” he added, as he made his way to almost certain doom.
 
XXXXXXX
 
Emmy: I'll try to do better in the next chapter. It's just that I'm soooo exited about the play! We added the band today and it sounds soooo cool! Plus I learned I guy likes me at the dance and I went to a wedding tonight! All the excitement has equaled in one really sleep deprived me. Next thing you know I'll start seeing things that aren't there, I already have voices in my head.
 
Raven: (smirks) She's gone off her rocker!
 
Bakura: (rolls eyes) She's nutty!
 
Ryou: (giggles) She's batty!
 
Raven: She's loony!
 
Bakura: She's daffy!
 
Ryou: She's crazy!
 
Emmy: I get the hint!
 
Ryou: Please R&R, until then we'll sit here and sing the song over and over in Emmy's head.