Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ I Care ❯ The Night Before ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Emmy: I am very sorry for the late chapter and such a short one at that. I promise my next one will come MUCH sooner because I am writing it as I type this as well. I want to give a special thanks to Atem's Queen of the Nile for replacing lost reviews! ^_^ And for the lovely Ryou and Aly plushies…which I stole…^_^;;;;; (hides dolls behind her back)
 
Ryou: Ooooo can I play with them?!
 
Emmy: No they're mine!!!! (runs away)
 
Bakura: Get back here you have to write the fic!
 
Emmy: NEVER!!!!!
 
Malik: I'll catch her! (runs after her)
 
Raven: (Holds up little banner with `We Do Not Own Yu-gi-oh' written on it up) And just to tell you if you're confused. In the last chapter it was Wednesday and in this one it is Thursday.
 
The Night Before
 
“Malik I'm really sorry,” Aly said, seeing the look of disappointment on his face. They both sat were sitting on the living room couch. Ryou and Marik had gone off to the kitchen, to give them some privacy.
 
“Oh, that's-that's ok,” he said with a shrug and a smile but Aly could tell that she'd hurt his feelings.
 
“It's just that…Ryou and I…”
 
“Yeah I know. Hey I'm happy for him, and for you. You two go great together,” Malik said. Aly smiled.
 
“Thank you for being so understanding Malik.” Aly knew telling Malik was going to be hard and now she was glad it was done.
 
“Hey,” she said. “Maybe I could hook you up with another girl!” Aly realized how stupid this sounded only after the words had left her mouth. “Not that I don't think you can get one-because you can-I just know someone who likes you-but don't tell them I said that ok well maybe if you get hooked up but what does it matter I never even told you her name ha ha yeah and now I'm…chattering again aren't I?”
 
Malik laughed and Aly reddened with embarrassment.
 
“It's ok, maybe I will take you up on your offer. Can you tell me a bit about her?” Malik asked. Aly beamed.
 
“He's not completely heartbroken! Yay!
 
“Sure come on!” Aly grabbed his arm.
 
“Where are we going?” Malik asked in surprise.
 
“We're going to go to Theater!”
 
“Our theater? Why? Rehearsal isn't for another twenty minutes!”
 
“You'll see!” Aly cried, dragging him towards the school. Malik was too nice not to have someone.
 
XXXXXXXXXX
 
Aly was brought back from her memory when an e-mail popped up on the computer desk top. She was using Ryou's at the moment.
 
Dear Kara,
 
KARA KARA OMG OMG KARA WE'RE GOING STEADY! Thank you thank you! I was following your advice and then GUESS WHAT?! Malik-the one I e-mailed you the picture of-he asked me to go to the dance with him! (Ha ha I stole your man!) Ryou ran off and I had to go find him and then we met up and oh it was so romantic cause he was trying to tell me how he felt and he looked so shy and cute! ^.^ Then I was all YAY!!! And Kara guess what we KISSED!!! Kara we KISSED!!! He was the one who kissed ME! I was chattering no and then he just swoops down and kisses me on the lips!!!! KARA I AM SO HAPPY I JUST MIGHT EXPLODE!!!!!! Now we're going to the dance together!!!!!-the only bad thing is…I don't know how to break it to Malik. I don't want to hurt his feelings.
 
-Aly
 
Dear Aly,
 
OMG OMG OMG YAY!!!! I knew you could do it I just knew you could do itoh Aly this is great this is perfect this is-
 
Fantabulouse! Ha! I wanted to use a bigger word then Kara. This is Millie I stole the keyboard form her. Congrats Aly you've found yourself a man! Here's Erica.
 
Oh Aly I am so happy for you! I can't believe it! You leave us one month and the next you're the bell of the ball! I hope you and Ryou are happy together. Millie is telling me to tell you to send us pictures of you two together.
 
I got the keyboard back. Aly about the Malik thing (YOU STOLE ME MAN TRATEROUS HEATHEN!) you just need to tell him you're with Ryou. Try not to break his heart but don't act like you're devastated.
 
Erica again, I think Kara was joking about the heathen thing. I agree but I do feel sorry for the poor other boy.
 
It's ME! Millie. I don't like this fighting over the key board thing but we're all at Kara's house doing a project on the solar system. I keep hitting people with oranges! Anyway remember we're always here for you and to rock on!
 
-Erica
 
-<3 Kara <3
 
-MiLlIe!!!!!
 
Aly sighed n happiness as she walked down the hall. As she passed Bakura's door she could almost feel the bad vibes coming out of it. Quickly she hurried into the kitchen.
 
“I don't think I'm doing this right,” Marik said as we stirred the mashed potatoes.
 
“You're doing fine you just need more liquid,” Ryou said, pouring a bit on water into the
mix.
 
“Whoa what's going on here?” she asked.
 
It was Thursday evening, one night before the dance and all the roommates were in the kitchen-all except Bakura that is. Malik was tossing a salad as Ryou helped Marik with a bowl of mashed potatoes.
 
“Ryou's teaching us how to cook!” Malik informed her.
 
“Why don't you help Aly?” Ryou asked.
 
“I am not a cook!” Aly declared.
 
“Then I'll tech you,” Ryou said, handing her an apron and leading her to a cutting board.
 
Aly bit her lip as she tried to cut a tomato. Juice squired all over her apron and face. Marik laughed and the others giggled. Aly giggled as well.
 
“Hey Aly want to trade aprons?” Malik asked looking at his own apron. Aly had to bite her tongue to keep from braking into laughter. His apron with pink lace trimmed edges.
 
“No because Malik you look so adorable in it!” she replied. “You and Ryou both look so I cute I really need to get a camera!”
 
“Ha you guys are screwed. That's why I didn't wear one!” Marik said, slopping a bit on potatoes over the edge of the bowl.
 
“Now all we need is someone to go get the chicken…” Ryou said. Since they were all teenagers and even Ryou wasn't that good at baking chicken they'd all agreed Kentucky Fried chicken would be good enough. The rest of the meal though would be their own making.
 
“Hey I'll go set the table!” Malik cried, quickly escaping. Then he popped his head back in. “Hey I'm sure my yami will be happy to help!”
 
“Huh?” Marik asked.
 
“What a great idea Malik!” Aly cried.
 
“You can go get the chicken Marik,” Ryou said, handing him some money.
 
“What? Why me? What about my potatoes?” he asked, referring to the bowl in his hands.
 
“They're mashed to perfection but what we really need is a chicken fetcher!” Aly said, pushing him towards the door.
 
“No way! You do it! You are the servants here!”
 
“I am not your servant!” Aly cried.
 
“Yes you are. You and Ryou and Malik are all my servants!”
 
“This is Ryou's house Marik,” Aly replied.
 
“No it is Bakura's house,” Marik argued.
 
“Let's not fight now guys please Marik can you get the chicken?” Ryou asked, stepping in between the two.
 
“Oh fine,” Marik grunted. “But don't start without me!”
 
“And don't eat all the chicken without us!” Aly called after him. Ryou chuckled.
 
“Ok, oh and before I forget I have a question to ask you Ryou.”
 
“Yes?”
 
“Um, what should I wear to the dance?” Aly asked. Ryou blinked.
 
“Um I have no idea…What should I wear?”
 
“I can help you guys out!” Malik said as he came back into the kitchen.
 
“You want to give us fashion advice?” Aly questioned.
 
“Yes, because if you haven't noticed I am the King of style!” Malik said, doing a little pose. Aly and Ryou exchanged a glance then looked back at Malik.
 
“Don't give me that look!” he said snapped. “I have a very good sense of fashion!”
 
“So what would you suggest?” Aly asked.
 
“Shopping!” he exclaimed.
 
“Shopping?” Aly and Ryou asked in unison.
 
“Yes! Unless you have proper dance attire at home?” Malik asked.
 
“What kind of dance is it?” Aly asked sheepishly. “I mean is it formal or what?” Malik gave her a weird look then burst into mocking laughter. Aly's eye narrowed. “What's so funny King of Fashion?” Aly barked. Malik stopped laughing and gave her a sorry smile.
 
“Sorry it's just that-well, never mind, and no this is no prom. This is going to be a real dance. As in getting down, being funky, shaking that groove thing, shimmy shimmy shaking till yeah just can't stop!” he announced.
 
“Shaking that groove thing?” Ryou asked skeptically.
 
“Don't worry Ryou my friend I shall help you!” he said putting his arm around Ryou's neck and dragging him to the living room. Aly raised an eye brow. Just then the phone rang.
 
“I'll get it!” Aly offered, moving towards the cordless on the wall. “Hello?” she asked.
 
“Hi Aly!” Tea's voice sang out.
 
“Oh hey Tea what's up?”
 
“I just called to talk to you. So what's going on with you and Ryou?” she asked with a giggle.
 
“Oh, well Malik was just wanting to take us…shopping,” Aly informed her.
 
“Shopping?! Oh that would be sooo much fun!” she squealed into Aly's ear. “But you have to take me with you! Here, I'll run over and we can all go to the mall together!”
 
“Tea it's already five o' clock!” Aly objected.
 
“Oh darn it! But the dance is tomorrow Aly! Drastic times call for drastic measures! Please come on Aly?” Tea begged.
 
“Oh I don't know…” Aly bit her lip.
 
“Who is it Aly?” Ryou asked from the living room.
 
“Oh it's Tea,” Aly called back.
 
“What does she want?” Malik questioned.
 
“Oh she was just asking me to go shopping but-.”
 
“Oh that's a great idea!” Malik cried, rushing over to Aly and yanking the phone from her hands.
 
“Malik!”
 
“Yes…yes Tea…perfect. Ok we'll meet you out front…ok bye!” Malik clicked the off button and grinned at the other two. “Get ready we're going on a shopping trip!”
 
“But Malik-,” Ryou began.
 
“Come on no time to lose!” Malik grabbed both of them, and led them towards the door.
 
“But what about Marik?” Aly asked.
 
“He'll be fine,” Malik reassured as he slipped on his shoes.
 
“Are you-?”
 
“Look guys this is important. If you just go to the dance in your normal clothes it-you'll-it makes you look bad so let's move it out!”
 
Disdainfully Aly and Ryou both slipped on their shoes, grabbed some cash and were dragged down to the mall.
 
XXXXXXXXX
 
As the neared the mall the trio found Tea who greeted them excitedly. That night in the Domino Mall was quite an experience for Aly. She was pushed into stores where Tea would throw clothes at her to try on. It was basically the same for Ryou and Malik. At first Aly wasn't to happy for she hated having to change in and out of so many things, some of which she didn't even like but soon she started having fun. She would come out in an outfit and Malik and Tea would decide weather it was right. Most of the time they would hate what Aly liked and they like what Aly hated. Aly did enjoy watching Ryou try on clothes though. Malik kept trying to make him look tougher and once he'd come out with a black leather jacket and a number of spiked wrist/neck bands. He seemed to be a little shy when coming out but also soon grew to enjoy it.
 
 
“I refuse to come out,” Aly said.
 
“Aly please, let's just see it.”
 
“Oh…all right,” Aly agreed, stepping out of the changing room door.
 
“Aly you look hip!” Malik cried.
 
“You look perfect!”
 
“We did it! I knew we could do it!” Malik said to Tea.
 
Aly looked at herself in the mirror. She wore light shorts with a no strap blue shirt with long flowing sleeves.
 
“I think it makes me look fat,” Aly murmured to herself.
 
“You look beautiful,” Ryou insisted, standing beside her.
 
“Thank you…and what will you be wearing?” she asked.
 
“I think these will d nice for you Ryou!” Malik said, holding up a pair of pants and a leather jacket.
 
“Malik I thought we already discussed the leather jacket thing,” Ryou almost whined.
 
“Yes, yes, but this will look so good, and these are the pants you've already tried on so we're all set!”
 
And so after paying for their new found clothes the group headed home. Aly noticed the sun set as they all walked down street-Aly and Ryou hand in hand. The stole glances at each other, each one smiling shyly. For once in many weeks things actually seemed like things might be getting back to normal.
 
Ryou opened the door and they all stepped in, Tea chattering happily.
 
“Hey!” Malik suddenly cried. All heads turned to see Marik watching TV and with him a tub of chicken and an empty bowl of mashed potatoes. “Marik how could you?!” Malik asked.
 
Marik turned to look at them grudgingly. “Well seems that when I got home everyone had gone and left!” he growled resentfully. “So I figured you all wouldn't mind.” Everyone was silent.
 
“I'll just be leaving now…bye everyone!” Tea chirped, as she slipped out the door.
 
“We're very sorry Marik,” Ryou said. “You see-,”
 
“Don't bother me with your petty excuses mortals!” Marik said hotly.
 
“Marik we're really sorry. Malik dragged us out on a shopping trip, blame him!” Aly said, pushing Malik forward. Malik gave Aly an unbelieving look.
 
“After all that help I've given you? You feed me to the lion?” Malik asked dramatically.
 
“Yes. Yes I will,” Aly replied.
 
“Fine then yes I will take the blame!” he replied grumpily.
 
“I thought so,” Marik grumbled, taking a bit of a chicken leg.
 
“Did you eat everything?” Malik asked in surprise.
 
“No, your icky salad is in the kitchen along with some chicken I left out of the kindness of my heart,” he replied, taking a bite out of a chicken breast.
 
“Oh thank you soooooo much!” Malik said, rolling his eyes as he entered the kitchen.
 
“Aw little Marik is learning how to be a good boy!” Aly said happily, patting one of his spikes before following Marik.
 
“Um, we really are sorry for leaving Marik,” Ryou added sheepishly and quickly following the others. He walked in to find Aly and Malik fighting over the last piece of tomato from the salad bowl, each poking at it with their forks.
 
“It's mine-!”
 
“Stay away heathen-!”
 
“Why does everyone keep calling me that?!” Ryou giggled at his friends silliness then walked up to the two.
 
“It's mine!”
 
“It's mine!”
 
He picked up his own fork and as the two had a fork sword fight, took the tomato and popped it into his own mouth. Malik and Aly both froze and stared at him.
 
“It's mine,” he said with a cheery smile. They looked at each other, then both smirked mischievously and before Ryou could do anything tackled him to the ground. For a second Ryou was afraid.
 
“Guys what are-ah! Stop it! Stop it!” he giggled as they began to tickle him fiercely.
 
“Now you shall pay for your crime thief!” Malik cried. “Taking after your yami now are you?”
 
“P-please guys-don't!” Ryou pleaded. In one way it unnerved him. He'd been in situations like this before, begging for the person to stop, to stop hurting him…but now it was different.
 
“Do you think should we let him go?” Aly asked Malik.
 
“Hmm…no!” Malik cried.
 
“Alright then!” Ryou said, flipping over and tickling Malik's sides. Malik then began to laugh and Aly joined in on Ryou's attack. The fight went on for a while.
 
Marik heard them from the living room and rolled his eyes at their immaturity. And all the way up the stairs Bakura heard them as well and felt Ryou's feelings through their link.
 
He glared at the wall hatefully, still thinking of the events that had happened previously that day. He glared down at the floor, as if he could see them below. He glared at them with hate and resentment. “Damn them,” he whispered. “Damn them all.”
 
XXXXXXXXX
 
Emmy: Yes I know this chapter was boring. I'm sorry.
 
Ryou: Please review? Please? (puppy dog eyes)
 
Bakura: (Evil grin) (holding dolls) Aly: I hate you Ryou! Ryou: No Aly don't leave me! Aly: Go away bastard! (slaps him) Ryou: Aly nooooo (crys)
 
Emmy: NOOO MY DOLLIES!!!! (tackles Bakura)
 
Ryou: Dollies! (also tackles)
 
Malik: Yay! (also tackles)
 
Raven: (Sigh) What idiots. Ok review or we won't post the next chapter. (evil cackle)