Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ I Need You ❯ I need you ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

disclaimers: I do not own Yugioh, if I did Yami and Yami Bakura would be mine, yep! ^_^

This is Yaoi, don't like then don't read , mmck?

I NEED YOU Chapter 1: What do I feel?



Its Christmas again, precisely five years after Yugi defeated Pegasus. The boy hasn't grown any taller but retained that youthful innocence we love and is now a responsible adult. Oh, his hair is still those multi-colored spikes yet I cannot talk for I too share the untameable stlye. My aibou and that annoying baka Joey fell in love and are now leading a relationship that a few of us envy. As long as Yugi is happy besides I've threatened to kill Joey if my aibou ever sheds one tear over him. Tea and Honda married a year back. That was the most unlikely couple! The way those two bickered and yelled must have been a cover-up for their real feelings. Ryou is currently living in England with his yami though the couple will most definetely be on their way here in a matter of days. Mai and Joey's sister Serenity are currently room mates and attend college. Mokuba's dating the soft-spoken Serenity. That little punk is now vice president of Kaiba Corporation. He still enjoys the random game with Yugi. Kaiba...I haven't seen him in years. Mokuba, I'm sure, has heard from his brother but he won't tell us. Do I miss that jerk? Everyday. He was my ultimate rival, my enemy and yet somewhere along the insults and jibes, I fell in love with the genius.

I won't waste my time reminescening. It hurts. I was taught by Yugi and his friends to care. I have changed since those days and....am alone. How could I move on to another when my heart is with Kaiba? I never let onto that I loved him, he never guessed it, wouldn't have cared either. My dreams always focus around him. I dream of being with him like couples do, kissing him, making love to him. I don't lust after him but I desire to be joined with him in a union of our two souls. Sadly...I'll never have that chance. I'm doomed to face my entire life alone. Aibou often questions my motives. He wants me to move on and yet he also wants me happy. I think he's tried to reach Kaiba with every means but..he never turns up. I wish he'd come back...back to me.

I remember the days when weren't at each others throats. I could actually hold a decent conversation with the taller boy, man now. Did you know his parents died in a car wreck when he was a child? Did you know his step-father constantly abused him? All of those qualities are what made Kaiba himself. I do not blame him for his actions. To be raised as a puppet, never allowed to enjoy growing up. He never had a childhood. He was forced to be molded into what he was when I met him; cold and emotionally detached from the rest of the world. All Kaiba had in his life was his brother. I wanted to fill that void in Kaiba's soul. If only I had tried. If only I could tell him how much I care. If only I could see my friend one more time. If only....

Christmas is the only time during the year when all of us get together and celebrate the season although the others have more of reason to than me. Mai constantly, over the past five years, has brought me a date. I'm touched by her concern but last year I finally came out and told the entire group about my pain. All were sympathetic and offered what little solace they could. I made that Christmas miserable. I vowed never to deppress them again. So, I bear the pain by myself. I think Yugi senses it whereas the others are convinced I've forgotten about Kaiba.

I stare at the naked fir tree, devoid of decorations. The ornament trunk is open, waiting for me to pluck the delicate, ornate orbs and line the tree. Why does it matter? I unceremoniously slam the trunk, glaring at it angrily. Why do I have to keep thinking about HIM?!! I feel the tears...not the first and most certainly not the last. I cross the room and stare out of the window, watching the snowflakes drift lazily to the already blanketed ground. The swirling percipitation is beautiful. The heavy, puffs of cloud are dreary and remind me of myself.

I dismally pour the contents of a cocoa packet into a mug, watching as the boiling water eagerly envelops the brown powder. It's the color of his hair. I shake my head. Everything reminds me of the man. I drop several marshmallows inside and sip at it gingerly, sinking into a hard chair. I rest my chin in my hands, staring at nothing in particular. I let my eyes wander over the several photos, one of the entire gang including Kaiba. Tall, dark, and handsome. Those sapphire blue eyes, so amazing but frigid ice. I don't think I ever saw emotion in those ocean depths. I sigh, forcing my gaze from the photo to once again watch the flakes float. I hear a car door slam. I don't bother being hasty to answer the door, probably Yugi. He doesn't like to leave me alone. I fling the door open and there he is, purple eyes shining merrily. He could pass as my twin and I wish I could share in his sentiments.

"Ohayoo Yami!!" Yugi squeals, hugging me tightly. I smile into his spikes. "I came by to see if you'd like to come over."

"Are you sure Aibou?" I ask, peering outside for Joey. He waves from the car, motioning for me to join them. Their feeling sorry for me. I become deppressed at this time of year. It reminds me too much of what I don't have, Christmas being the time to share in love. I dread Valentine's day. Then I will feel horrible, moping around my house. I nod, grabbing my leather jacket. I open the car door, settling into the backseat. "Joey, how are you doing?"

"I'm great Yami. You?" Joey starts the car, leaving my driveway. The snow's piling high. I grimace but then...I catch the hidden wink between Joey and Yugi. I don't bother too much trying to figure it out. Joey and Yugi are the most sexually explicit of our group and are forever giving each other hints.

"Fine. Is there a reason why you've invited me to go wherever your going?" Yugi pouts, a charming frown curling his lips. I've hurt him by being snappy. He wants to help me. I feel guilty making my aibou sad. "Gomen nasai, Aibou. I just want to know why."

"You stay stuck inside too much! Besides we have a surprise for you."

Once again there was a knowning wink. I arch an eyebrow, crossing my arms across the front of my chest. "A surprise?" I'm suspicious as to why their being so sneaky. Probably to set me up on a blind date. As many times as I tell them no, they keep at it. I love them for trying but...their just making worse.

"Hai! You can't find out until we get home." Yugi turned around, announcing silently that it was the end of the conversation. He snuggles closer to Joey, head against the blonde's shoulder. I can't help but be jealous. Will I ever have someone to hold? Will I have love outside of Kaiba? At this point, its not likely. What could the surprise be and why am I anticipating it so much?