Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Key to My Heart ❯ Please...understand ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: The Key to My Heart

Authoress: Silver Goddess

Gene: Romance/Angst

Rated: PG13

Warnings: Attempted suicide (not how you would think though) and Yaoi. Oh and it's going to become OOC at the end, there's a reason for that.

**^^**

Key (if you need it)

/blah/ Hikari to Yami

//blah// Yami to Hikari

`Blah' thought

Hikari=Light

Yami=Dark

**^^** Scene change

! Disclaimer! : Do I really need one of these? O well I DO NOT OWN YU-GI-OH and NEVER will!

Ok now on to the story. (Yami Bakura will be know as just Yami and Ryou will be Bakura)

**^^**

"No… please" Bakura managed to whimper out as his Yami slapped him hard across the cheek.

"SHUT UP! When are you going to learn? NEVER look me in the eyes, slave!" Yami yelled as he punched Bakura in the face.

Bakura whimpered and then tried to back away but instead bumped into the wall. He gulped; he would be punished for trying to escape.

Yami grabbed Bakura by the front of his shirt and threw him roughly to the floor.

Bakura lay on his stomach while his Yami grasp his left arm. He twisted it behind his back at an odd, painful angle.

Bakura sobbed out as his Yami began to apply pressure to his shoulder.

"How does this feel, hm?"

Bakura said nothing.

"Well does it hurt?" Yami asked apply more pressure until he got an answer.

"No"

Yami let go, confused. "What?"

"I said no, it doesn't hurt… not as much as…" Bakura stopped and tried to hold back the tears as he sat up.

"Damnit! How in the hell does that not hurt?!" Yami asked right before he kicked his other in the stomach.

"You don't get it do you?" Bakura asked tears forming in his eyes.

"What? What the hell are you babbling about?"

Bakura looked up at his darker half. "Love." He whispered softly.

"Love? Love is for-" Bakura cut him off.

"Weaklings… that's not true."

"What do-" Bakura cut him off once again.

"Don't you see? All I ever wanted from you was love! I just wanted you to feel the same way about me that I feel about you." He yelled, warm tears running down his face.

"But…H-how can you love me after all I've done to you?" Yami asked, confusion clear on his face.

"I-I don't know. That's just how strong love is." Bakura replied cautiously standing up.

" How strong is this emotion?!"

"Very strong."

"C-can you…*sigh*… teach me how to love?"

Bakura looked his Yami straight in the eyes, "Gomen, but I can't. It's not something you can just pick up on."

With that said he turned and dashed out the front door.

Yami didn't chase after him…he just stood there, staring at the place Bakura had been before he took off.

`Maybe he's right. I don't think someone like me could ever learn to love… but that can't be true! Can it? I care for him now, right? I just don't think I'm showing it correctly, Maybe…'

Yami looked up and walked to the front door. It was pouring down rain outside.

Shit. He had to look for Bakura in this? Shit.

He opened the door and began his search.

**^^**

Bakura finally had reached the lake. He took of his jacket and threw it to the ground.

He slowly began making his way into the water. It was colder than he had expected it to be. After all it was the first week in November.

But it didn't matter now. Any water would do. As long as it could still provide him with death. He wasn't quite sure how he would die at first. He had tried to slit his wrist once. But his Yami caught him. Now, this was the only other thing he could think of that didn't involve a rope or a sharp object.

By the time he was up to his neck in water he heard something.

His Yami. His Yami was looking for him.

Bakura quickly dove under the water.

He continued swimming deeper. The ice-cold water never felt so good… it was almost reassuring to know he wouldn't suffer anymore.

He finally stopped about halfway to the bottom and exhaled. He inhaled only to receive a lung full of water. His vision began to blur and one last though flicked through his mind.

/Gomen, Yami/

He would have cried, if he had any tears left. He blacked out and his body slowly began sinking farther to the bottom.

**^^**

Yami continued his search even in the storm. He then came into the city park. He looked everywhere continually calling Bakura's name.

He was getting pretty pissed off to say the least.

That is until he found Bakura's jacket next to the lake.

Then he heard it.

/Gomen, Yami/

Damn. The kid was trying to kill himself again.

Perfect, just perfect.

Yami, wasting no time, dove into the icy water and began his search again.

He thought he had seen Bakura once but it was nothing but a shadow.

He returned to the surface of the water for a much needed breath and then returned to his search.

Halfway to the bottom he saw something glitter in the dim light.

The Millennium Ring!

Yami continued downward until he could make out a small figure. He wrapped his arm around its waist and, with his spare hand began to make his way to the surface.

He broke through to the top and began swimming toward shore.

He stood up holding the unconscious Bakura in his arms.

"Damn kid, you're more trouble than you're worth, you know that?" Yami asked as he began to run.

**^^**

Silver Goddess: Ahhh! Cliffhanger hehehe! What will happen to our dear Ryou?

Y.Bakura: *sarcastically* oh the suspense is killing me. *Mutters under breath* yeah right.

Ryou: Please review! ^-^

Y.Bakura: If you don't she'll just have a fit *rolls eyes*

Silver Goddess: Will not! *Glomps Y.Bakura* I just won't finish the story. Remember 5 or more reviews and then I'll continue (I still have 3 more stories to work on -. -;)

Ryou: Like I said before… ^-^ Review!