Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Pale ❯ Pale ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Pale

A/N: Here is another one-shot! Ok, this story contains what most of my other stories contain. Death. I’m sorry, but the song screams death to me. Read the words and they might do the same for you. Anyways I hope you all like it and please send reviews. Thanks.

Disclaimer: Don’t own the song or the characters. Just the plot.




The world seems not the same,Though I know nothing has changed.It's all my state of mind,I can't leave it all behind.I have to stand up to be stronger.


A young man with long white hair and tan skin, with a scar over his right eye just laid there as the machine around him beeped and hummed. The machine allowed anyone that happen to look in know that he was still alive.
This young man had been in a car cash; hit dead-on by a drunken driver. This left him in a comatose state for eight months. His injuries being that severe.The young man started to move and moan a bit, as he slowly opened his eyes but had to shut them right away from how bright the above head light was. He slowly opened them again, as he got used the bright lights and looked around.From what he could see, he was in a hospital as he began to remember what had happened to him. After he had fully awakened, after the nurses came in to check on him and had left, the young man had asked how long he was out and what had been going on since then. He found out that he had been out for eight months and that the world hadn’t changed that much, although it seemed like it had to the young man. “It’s all in my mind.” He said as the memories of someone very important came back to him. He would get stronger. He had to now. He could not, and would not leave it all behind.
I have to try to break freeFrom the thoughts in my mind.Use the time that I have,I can't say goodbye,Have to make it right.

The young man knew he didn’t have much time left. He just knew he wouldn’t last much longer in this world but he couldn’t leave. Not yet. He wouldn’t say goodbye until he made everything right. He had to.


Have to fight, cause I knowIn the end it's worthwhile,That the pain that I feel slowly fades away.It will be alright.

As the young man fought to open his eyes again, he wasn’t paying any attention to the rest of his body. If he had been, he would have noticed that the pain he had felt when he woke up, was starting to fade, and so were his vital signs. If he had he might have lived a bit longer.

I know, should realizeTime is precious, it is worthwhile.Despite how I feel inside,Have to trust it will be all right.Have to stand up to be stronger.


“I should have realized how precious time is. I shouldn’t have done all those things.” The young man said to himself as he shook his head. Despite how he felt about himself, he knew he had to trust what time he had left. To trust that it would be alright. That he would stand up and get stronger; better.


I have to try to break freeFrom the thoughts in my mind.Use the time that I have,I can't say goodbye,Have to make it right.


He laid there; as he let his eyes stay close and began to think back. To what his life had been like and how he had treated the one he loved. Shaking his head he opened his eyes again, as he let out a soft sigh. “Can’t think about that now. Must stay awake and see him.. I have to make it right.” This was all he could think about. Making things right with his love.

Have to fight, cause I knowIn the end it's worthwhile,That the pain that I feel slowly fades away.It will be alright.

As he was thinking he didn’t realize that he was fading, and fast, as he let his eyes close again and started to fall asleep. He was to drained from waking up, even for the short amount of time, to really stay awake.
What he didn’t also realize was that his love had been called and was on his way to see him. Just moments before his love came to the hospital, he had fallen asleep.


Oh, this night is too long.I have no strength to go on.No more pain, I'm floating away.

As he laid there sleeping; he started to feel like he was floating. Floating away from the world and the pain that he had been in. But when the pain left, it seemed that his will to keep on living, was gone as well. It seemed to be just to long of a night to keep going on.

Through the mist I see the faceOf an angel, who calls my name.I remember you're the reason I have to stay.

As the young man was floating; a strange mist had come to settle in his mind. It seemed to block out all sounds. All but one.
“Akifa!” To the young man it sounded like the voice of an angel. One that was calling out to him. One that was breaking through the mist.

When the young man, Akifa, opened his eyes he believed he was looking at angel. The angel looked like him, with the same white hair, and a few similar facial features, though his skin was a milky white. But his angel had doe brown eyes that were usually full of innocence. But not at the moment, not right now. Right now they were full of worry and fear. He seemed to be a real angel.
“Come on Akifa! You can’t leave me.” the angel then cried as he reached out and took Akifa’s hand. This had reminded Akifa that this angel wasn’t a real angel, but was his angel, his love. “Ryou?” He called out in a hoarse voice.
“Yes, yes. It’s me. I’m here Akifa.” The angel, Ryou, said as he smiled at Akifa. “I’m here, my love.”
Akifa then remembered why he had to stay. Ryou was here and he had to stay, at least long enough to tell him.

I have to try to break freeFrom the thoughts in my mind.Use the time that I have,I can't say goodbye,
Have to make it right.

Akifa smiled at Ryou as he reached up with one hand and gently ran his fingers over Ryou’s cheek. “Not much time left Ry.” He said as he saw him lean into the touch and could feel the wetness on Ryou’s cheek. Ryou was crying.
“I must tell you, though, I’m sorry Ryou for the way I treated you. I shouldn’t have been an asshole to you.. I do love you Ryou.” Akifa said as he felt Ryou reach up and grab hold of his hand.
“NO! Don’t speak like that!” Ryou cried as he shook his head. “You’ll be fine. You’ll see.” Ryou said as Akifa just smiled at him. “Its not goodbye Ry. I’ll find a way to stay around after this body fades, to make sure you are alright. I won’t leave you alone.” Akifa said softly.

Have to fight, cause I knowIn the end it's worthwhile,That the pain that I feel slowly fades away.It will be alright

Akifa had fought as hard as he could to let Ryou know how he felt and how sorry he was.
“This is the end Ry. I love you.” Akifa said as he felt himself fading once again. “I’ll always be around Ryou. Remember that. It will be alright.” Akifa said as he closed his eyes. Moments later he felt Ryou’s lips on his and could hear his love saying a soft goodbye. That was the last thing Akifa felt and heard as the machine let out a long beep, allowing everyone know that he had finally faded away.