Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Papercut ❯ Papercut ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Helloooooooooooo San Francisco! Well, this is the absolute first story I ever wrote, and I just recently edited it, so it's sort of different now. I think I made it better though. ^^ Enjoy!

Sort of a dark, angsty fic, by the way.... one-shot songfic on Ryou's first meeting with Bakura....

Disclaimer: Umm.... I don't own anything, and no characters were harmed in the making of this fic.

~blabbity blabbity blab~: Papercut lyrics

~*~Papercut~*~

~Why is it night today? Somethin' in here's not right today.~

Ryou felt pretty normal the beginning of that day. His father had come back from Egypt after a two week dig, and he had brought back the strangest little trinket.

It was an ancient looking thing, the pendant like nothing he had seen before. It was gold colored, but Ryou just thought that was paint. The pendant was a circle, with a triangle within it. An odd carving of an eye decorated the triangle, and then there were five dangly things hanging on it.

It was pretty, and unknowingly, Ryou had put it on, knowing little of the evil he had just stepped into.

He woke up that morning feeling a little strange. He wasn't sure what it was, and he felt kind of cranky. That was unlike him. Normally he was very easy come, easy go.

As he descended from the upstairs, his father asked him if he had done his homework.

"Of course father." he shot back nastily. His father looked up.

"Ryou, what's wrong?" he asked, concerned. Ryou glared at her.

"Leave me alone." he growled, then, grabbing his backpack, he raced out the door, not saying another word.

~Why am I so uptight today, paranoia's all I got left, I don't know what stressed me first, or how the pressure was fed. All I know is what it feels like, to have a voice in the back of my head.~

Walking on the way to school, Ryou wondered why he had been so mean to his father.

"I wish I hadn't said what I said." he thought, biting his lip.

"Really now? I bet you didn't really mind." a voice from his own head came. Ryou stopped walking, looking around.

"No I don't." he thought to himself.

"Yes you do." it said again.

"Who are you?" Ryou yelled mentally.

"You." it said.

"My what?" Ryou asked. But the voice gave no answer, just a horrible laughing that grated on Ryou's brain like sandpaper.

~Like a face that I hold inside, face that awakes when I close my eyes, face that watches every time I lie, face that laughs every time I fall. (and watches everything) So I know that when it's time to sink or swim, the face inside is hearing me, right underneath my skin.~

Now Ryou was talking to himself and people looked at him oddly.

"You okay, kid?" someone said to the British teen. He looked up at her.

"I'm fine." he lied, and kept walking. Tripping over a root in the sidewalk, the voice awakened, once again that horrible laughing echoing in his head.

"Tell me who or what you are or SHUT UP!" Unknowingly, the teen had screamed this aloud....

~It's like I'm paranoid, looking over my back, it's like a whirlwind inside of my head, It's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within, it's the face inside is right beneath my skin.~

~*~

Yugi heard someone scream behind him, and turned around. Recognizing Ryou, he walked up to him, head tilted in confusion.

"What's wrong Ryou?" the shorter boy asked.

"I'm fine." Ryou shot back, scowling.

"You can tell me Ryou. It's all right." Yugi said softly, trying to help his friend. Ryou pivoted and pointed at him, a mixture of anger and fear in his eyes.

"I said I'm FINE, alright?!" he screamed, nearly in hysterics.

"That's right, keep yelling." the voice said, goading him on.

"You have no idea what you're toying with, Yugi, but, but, JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" Ryou screamed, his mind bending dangerously, close to snapping and turning the innocent British teen into a homicidal maniac.

Yugi, in fright, backed away, then ran as fast as he could.

~I know I've got a face in me, points out all my mistakes in me, you've got a face on the inside too, your paranoia's probably worse. I don't know what set me off first, but I know what I can't stand, everybody acts like the fact of the matter is they can't add up to what you can.~

Ryou stood, stricken, as Yugi ran away. What had he done? Yet still, that voice inside, was making itself known again.

"Go smash a window." it said acidly.

"N-no." Ryou stuttered. The voice stopped.

"What did you say?" it said, menacingly.

"I said no." He repeated, braver this time.

"No, really?" the voice said. Ryou couldn't see the voice's face, but he had a bad feeling the being was smiling.

Suddenly a horrible pain erupted in Ryou's head. He put his hands to his white hair, screaming, as he fell to his knees. It felt like every nerve, every cell, was on fire. People miles away stopped as they heard his scream. Some knew it was a scream of the damned.

"MAKE IT STOP! PLEASE!" he screamed mentally.

The pain left. Ryou fell to the ground, gasping. He stood up shakily, people staring at him. Glaring at them, he walked on to school.

"Don't cross me, boy...." Ryou ignored it this time.

~But everybody has a face they hold inside, a face that awakes when they close their eyes, face that watches every time the lie, face that laughs every time they fall (and watches everything) So you know that when it's time to sink or swim, that the face inside is watching you too, right inside your skin.~

Ryou ignored the voice as best as he could throughout the day, trying to seem normal. Atleast the voice didn't get him into trouble.....

Doing his homework after school in his room, Ryou got up to watch the sun set. He sat in front of the window, on his bed, watching the sun fall to it's sleep. As it entirely fell, his pendant shimmered, and a fuzzy apparition appeared in front of him, slowly clearing up and standing before him.

Ryou gasped; it looked just like him! Only.... the hair and eyes, and the scowl. He started to shake mildly.

"Who-who are you?!" he asked softly. The other boy smirked, crossing his arms over his chest as he stepped closer.

"Hello, my dear hikari." he murmured dangerously. "Tonight you will learn just how much pain I can cause...."

Ryou gasped as a fist came into contact with his face, his body crumbling against his bed. That pain erupted in his head again, full flare. Yet no matter how much he screamed during the beating, no one came.

~The sun goes down. I feel the light betray me. The sun, goes down. I feel the light betray me.~

And so the dark powers from Ryou's Ring awoke.

~*~

Sorry if that's rubbish, but I like it, so TOUGH! I have power over what I write, not you. BWAHAHAHHAA!! ^^ Peace out!