Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Paradise City ❯ Welcome to Paradise City! ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Hisies! Me again…can't believe this is the second chapter in a one day! Oh well! Anyway…the first chapter…was boring…nothing happened. So I figured I'd type this up now. I also want to tell you people that I'll be gone for three weeks for some John Hopkins College thingy for smart ppl who took the SAT's and got a mildly good for a 7th grader score. If you really want to know what I got…e-mail me cause I really don't want to post it here. Anyway…ONWARDS!!!

Paradise City : by Angela (orangeaura868)

Chapter Two: Welcome to Paradise City!

Ryou sat up stiffly from sleeping in his uncomfortable position. He stretched out his back and looked up for the time. He gasps finding that it was 8:30 and quickly remembered that the social worker would be here in less than thirty minutes. There goes all his time that he could have spent collecting memories of his house and all its corridors. He stood up from his seat and walked up the stairs to shower and change from yesterday's clothes that he had slept in.

Ryou looked at his face in the mirror after his warm, comforting shower, and tried to look happy despite every tragic thing that has happened to him. He brushed his silky smooth hair and dried it while wrapping a towel around himself and looked for something to wear. He settled for a button up white shirt and tan dress pants that flared slightly outward. The shirt was sort of…formal…so Ryou hesitantly unbuttoned a few of the pearl buttons. He looked at himself in the mirror and decided to pack his things….there was no chance that he'd be staying here even if he had been for the past few months.

It was strange how the world worked…being alone was something that he was used to…he had no need for a place to take him in. However, he was strangely nervous about what lied ahead…he hoped he would make some friends and not have to be alone once he got out of the orphanage when he was 18. He hoped so badly for company that…the doorbell rang just as he finished the last of his packing that he had started the night before.

Ryou rushed down the curving stairwell and upon reaching the bottom, he slowed his pace down to a graceful walk as he stepped forward to open the door. The door swung open in Ryou's hands to show a woman in a red business suit with a matching red skirt. Her hair was tied back in a bun and she looked to be in her early 30's. She seemed friendly enough though…Ryou had almost expected some monster to come in and drag him to some dump of an orphanage.

He smiled a fake smile to mask his true feelings of tragically losing everyone he cared about in his life. "Come on in!" He said as he directed her to his home. " sit down" he continued as he showed her to the living room and motioned to a leather couch. The woman took a seat and looked strangely at Ryou for a while before speaking.

"You must be Ryou, right?" she questioned as Ryou nodded and then sat as well.

She continued on…" You can stop with those smiles, you know…I'm a psychologist and I only do this in my spare time…almost the same as my normal job though. Anyway…I intend on hearing about you and your parents' death…talking about it will help. Talking about it with me would be better than talking with someone else seeing that I'm a psychologist."

Ryou stared back at the strange woman thinking that for a change…there was someone smart ,other than his teacher, in his life. Other people would always overlook him. She, however, did not. It almost seemed as if father had indeed requested that should anything happen…that she be the one to come to Ryou. He began with a question of his own. "What is your name? You already know mine but I don't seem to know yours."

The woman tipped her head to the side observing Ryou from another angle. "My name is Natalie Okamoto…or just Natalie. I'd like to question you on your past…it might help seeing that you've lost so many loved ones."

Ryou nodded at her answer and decided to talk…he hadn't talked to anyone about it other than Malik…but Malik was different. Talking to a grown-up might help. "Well, Natalie…I'll yield." I paused and decided how to begin. "My mother and my sister were killed by a drunk driver one afternoon 10 years ago. My mother hadn't even picked me up from school. I didn't know what was going on until a teacher turned on the TV. I saw my mother on the screen…dead. She was dead at the scene and my sister was put in a coma. Amane was in a coma for another month before my father had doctors do some research…they said she had no chance and my father told them to take her off of life support. I still remember the exact way she looked on that hospital bed as she slowly seemed to fade away…her face grew paler and her lips just seemed to get bluer. The criminal was put in jail and everything was better…than father left and got a better job and got me a tutor. He recently died about 11 months ago and my father died five days ago although I was just told yesterday… That's it."

"You must feel awful…that's a lot of losses." Ryou nodded in agreement and stood up again. " Where are you going?" Natalie asked.

"To get my things…I'm leaving for an orphanage most likely." This time…Natalie nodded but stood also and informed Ryou about the details.

"Your father is sending you to an exclusive orphanage…the only one of its kind. It's in Egypt, and you're leaving today. I have your tickets with me now. My friend will pick you up in Cairo and drive you to the place where you'll be staying. It's made especially for teenagers and consists of homes and apartments. There will be no adults and you'll be free to do as you wish. It'll be like a vacation, really."

Ryou stood thanking his parents for their thoughtfulness and looked up and smiled genuinely for the first time in a long while. " I can't wait then."

"I'll drive you to the airport…you'll be riding first-class so the check-in lines will be short." Natalie offered.

Ryou thanked her before going up the stairs and carrying down his things going back and forth several times and amazing the social worker/psychologist with how many things he owned.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()() ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

The drive had been boring and the lines were short for first-class…as promised. Ryou was now on the airplane staring out from the windows and remembering how many times he had went to see-off his father. It surprised him to realize that this was actually his first time on a plane.

Ryou buckled his seat belt and drifted off to sleep again thinking of what Natalie had told him about Egypt's Homes for Orphans.

The place is actually for people just like you. Most teenagers there are from wealthy families or are extremely famous. They have to pay rent…and some others have already been paid for…like yourself. Egypt's Homes for Orphans is the actual nameit's by the sea and is really a nice vacationing spot if the homes weren't there. It's big too, as I hear. You're sure to feel right at home…that's why they built it.

Ryou couldn't help but feel excited as he went to sleep on the airplane.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()() ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

The rest of the day went smoothly. Ryou landed in Cairo in the evening and found Natalie's friend, went through baggage claim, and soon was in a car driving to the outskirts of Egypt searching for the paradise that Natalie and her friend had described it as. Ryou looked out from the car at all the sand and trees and exotic things that couldn't even be found in his garden. He remembered hiring a gardener that day…that was beside the point…the point was that he was in Egypt! It really was a nice place.

His hair flew wildly in the wind. He made a mental note to buy a convertible…they were really fun. He opened his eyes to see bright lights. He looked to his side at Panai who looked triumphant as they drove closer to the lights. "We're here!" Panai exclaimed as he drove faster and faster before finally arriving …at which point…he stepped on the breaks and brought the car to a screeching halt.

They pulled up to a walled city-like place. Ryou climbed out and walked up to the high gates. He looked around for a button…or something. He pressed the lighted button and the gates began to move…swinging it's black metal towards the city allowing Ryou to further stare at the beauty of the city and its nightlife. Panai had gone ahead and unloaded his seven bags while getting a metal cart for Ryou.

Panai handed the cart over to Ryou. "I'll have to leave you here…no adults are allowed into the orphanage without consent of someone from inside. You go on ahead…there'll be a person to help you at the front desk towards your left…you can't miss it. They'll give you a room somewhere and you'll be all set."

"Thank you very much, Panai." Ryou answered, taking the cart and pushing it forward.

"You're welcome, Ryou, Bye!" Panai got back in his car and drove off waving back to Ryou the whole time until neither could see the other.

Ryou walked in slowly…all of a sudden nervous at the big place that was filled with people his age. He dealt fine with adults…but he's only ever made friends with Malik. Ryou turned left heading for the large booth that had a sign reading `FRONT DESK' hanging over it.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()() ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Jou sat at the front desk waiting for the new kid that some social worker had called about. He looked at his watch muttering "Kid should be here by now." As if on cue a white haired boy (A/N: He's not a man, and young man sounds tacky and constantly using teenager sounds also tacky…so you'll just have to deal with kid, or boy.) walked up to the desk pushing a cart in front of him.

Jou's first reaction was to his white hair…it reminded him a little of Bakura's white hair. The boy standing in front of him seemed much gentler and sweet compared to Bakura's wild mane and ferocious attitude. His second reaction was to gawk at the amount of luggage on the cart… `must be another rich kid' ,he thought to himself. However…the boy wearing a white shirt and tan pants seemed nothing of the sort. He spoke shyly and timidly with a sugar sweet voice that could have charmed an angel down to earth.

"Hello…m-my names Ryou…I wanted to ask …you for… a room." Ryou said, obviously not used to talking to other's around his age. To Ryou, the boy at the stand seemed friendly enough and he had gold-blonde hair and honey colored eyes. He smiled down at Ryou and Ryou smiled back.

"Wait justa sec, k kid?" came his reply. He worked on a computer pulling up news of any spare rooms. He frowned, "You're Ryou Bakura, right?" Ryou nodded…discouraged by the frown, "Well…you're gonna hafta share a room with Marik fer a week'er two until Kaiba moves out into another house that's being built on the edge of the city." Ryou nodded again.

"Could you show me where it is?" he asked, slowly getting used to the boy at the desk.

"Sure thing kid," came his reply as he stepped out from behind the stall and took a hold of Ryou's cart. "by the way…my names Jounouchi Katsuya, but you could call me Jou, everyone else does."

Ryou looked around the street they were walking along and he struggled to keep up while still soaking up the sites of the stands of kids selling crafts and other things while others painted with a group of other people gathered around. He saw a strange looking Egyptian twirl torches that have been set on fire and other talents being performed. He looked up at Jou and decided to ask all his unanswered questions.

"Is there a school here? Does everyone work, what does everyone do to spend all there time?"

"Whoa! Ease up there, pal. There's nothin to worry about! No school no jobs…everything is volunteered and prepaid by your parents or you. We do have a library though…if you're that type of person." Jou looked down at the white haired boy and thought of how much he had left unexplained…the seduction, the underground club, the illegal drinking…and a number of other things that the teens there had done. He felt bad for Ryou, he would be sharing a room with Marik! Marik was like the sex god here, he's likely to be traumatized in the morning. Poor thing…seems so innocent, probably is a virgin too.

"I have a question myself, if you don't mind answering…which way do you run?"

"What?" Ryou asked innocently.

"I mean, do you like tacos or hotdogs?" Jou asked again…Ryou looked back up at Jou with confusion written in his eyes. Jou sighed, and put it simpler. "Do you like guys are girls?" Ryou immediately flushed a cute shade of red that could still be distinguished in the dark night. He mumbled something quietly…but Jou heard what he said. He laughed a bit knowing just how much he was in for the next day.

Jou soon stopped his chuckling at the front of a house that seemed to belong to Marik. Ryou was gonna have one hell of a time here.

Ryou however was shocked with the question as memories of what Malik and himself had done alone rushed back into his mind. They had stopped walking though and Ryou gazed at the house he would be living in. He turned to Jou one last time to hear him say… "Welcome to Paradise City!"

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()() ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Sucks, doesn't it? I sort of rushed through it and left a lot of detail out…I was gonna describe how Ryou and Malik met…but they'll meet again…so you'll find out later on. Please Review! I hope you liked it even if it sucks.