Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Paranoid ❯ Different ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The nocturne air flew soundly over the deserted beach, disturbing the already wild waters. In the midst of the swirling sand were lying two figures, one lying over the other in exhaustion.
 
Marik ran his hands over those creamy soft thighs he had always pined for, since Bakura was still straddling him from above. They both had their eyes shut, enjoying the sheer bliss of their sated bodies.
 
The albino's head was buried in the crook of the other boy's neck, and his arms were still numbly stroking Marik's muscle-toned chest.
 
Long strands of silver hair swerved and mixed with silky locks of golden blonde, as the gust of wind flew by.
 
“You know…” Marik whispered all of a sudden, while an awkward satisfied smile graced his face “The diary was right…about everything…”
 
Bakura grinned impishly against Marik's skin and softly pressed his lips to a chaste kiss on his lover's neck “Mmm hmm…” the albino merely purred, as he arched his body further against Marik's loving strokes.
 
The Egyptian smiled when he heard the tired, content voice. He sighed in absolute bliss while he raised his eyes to look at the starry sky over the beach.
 
What more did he want? Now, he felt complete. Finally, he understood why all those people wanted to love and be loved- what he had just experienced was beyond words. Now he was with his companion, lying on a primitive beach while the galaxies smiled down at them.
 
Wasn't that the life he had always wanted?
 
Peace…trust…nature…love…
 
He had everything now. What more did he want? And sensing Bakura's heavenly breath flow on his throat only served to expand his general feeling of completion. Bakura…
 
Marik sighed again in that distinct, clearly love-struck way.
 
Now he knew that someone would be there for him. There was someone who cared for him out there…that feeling of companionship was the best he could ever ask for. It was what he always wanted: someone to share his feelings with… He had always wished someone would show up and take care of HIM instead of asking to be taken care of. He simply wanted someone to run their hands through his hair at night, and bless his worn soul with love…just like his father had never cared to do.
 
The cruel realization that deep down, he was nothing but a frightened, lonely puppy was not very comforting to Marik. It suddenly seemed clear that he had tried to hide his weakness in every possible way -including becoming a bloodthirsty maniac…But in the end…at his most vulnerable moments…at the moments he was lying naked and exposed to the world, with only Bakura's body to give him warmth…he was the desperate, terrified boy again…
 
Marik couldn't bring himself to scowl at this realization. For some reason, he didn't accept it as bad as he thought he would…maybe it was because Bakura's arms were now around him, clinging on him in that thirsty, needy way. Maybe it was the fact that he finally realized that though he really was a little boy searching desperately for love….he had actually managed to find it.
 
Bakura…
 
That name…at first it was a simple name- meaningless like all others. But now, it was something far different. Now it was a shiver of warmth down Marik's spine. Now it was a slightly painful constriction of the heart. Now it was a dizzy smile on the lips.
 
Suddenly, the word `Bakura' had become so much more…so much…
 
Marik unconsciously wrapped his hands around the pale body on top of him and squeezed Bakura against him tightly. Bakura responded just and fervently, as he pushed himself tightly against his friend and gripped Marik's body even tighter.
 
The blonde closed his eyes and tried to focus on something he wanted to say…but nothing came out. He wanted to say all those things…but he didn't know where to start. All he could come up with were the first words that pumped into his soul, begging to be spoken and reassured.
 
Never leave me…” his deep voice sounded curiously anxious even to his own ears. For some reason, he had squeezed his eyes shut, expecting the answer.
 
Never” Bakura's usually light voice was enlaced by heavy passion, and Marik felt the cool arms fold around his head. Bakura sat up slightly in order to kiss the Egyptian's forehead.
 
Never…” he repeated again, and Marik allowed his body to be enveloped in the now familiar cool embrace. It was rather ironic, really…although Marik was supposedly the `dominant' one in their relationship, Bakura was the one to envelop the Egyptian in his warm arms after a tense experience.
 
Bakura was the one to bring Marik out of his hallucinations and accompany him to every serious stage of his life. Bakura was the one to come running for help, when Marik was screaming in the bathtub…
 
Bakura was there…and he would always be there…
 
For some reason, Marik believed this, and didn't question it…unlike he had done with many other people that claimed to pledge loyalty to him in the past.
 
But there was something different about Bakura…maybe in was that moon-kissed hair that emitted sincerity and angelic grace in all directions…maybe it was that cherubic face which formed thin, pale characteristics in flawless form…maybe…maybe…he was totally in love…
 
But alas, the peaceful serenity of the night couldn't have lasted any longer. Fleeting shouts and voices were heard from afar, and the two lovers immediately looked into each others eyes with anxious terror.
 
“Oh shit!! We have to get out of here!!” Marik instantly commented, but made no move to push Bakura's thin frame off of him whatsoever.
 
Bakura's scarlet eyes turned to him with sarcasm, but Marik could still detect the unbidden passion that was hidden inside them…just for him…
 
“No shit Sherlock, do you have any ideaaaa—a-” but unfortunately, the albino's witty remark was cut short by a certain lavender-eyed Egyptian. Marik stood up suddenly, letting Bakura drop somewhat unceremoniously on the ground thus earning a somewhat familiar deadly glare from the albino.
 
“As if you really hadn't been expecting that.” Marik said with a smirk.
 
Instantly, Marik rushed to grab his pants that had been tossed a few meters away. When he finally started to put them on, he turned to look at the general direction of the voices. Five figures were walking towards them! They had to hurry if they didn't want to be arrested for indecent exposure…although he clearly didn't see why people would be annoyed seeing Bakura naked…
 
“Quick! Hurry up!” Marik ordered to the still crouching Bakura.
 
The albino groaned pathetically, his long white hair sweeping the sand as he crawled around. He was whimpering occasionally and hissing in pain.
 
“Easy for you to say…damn, it hurts!!” Bakura mumbled as he fumbled for his pants and finally began to work on wearing his clothes, all the while groaning in pain.
 
Marik raised a perfect, blonde eyebrow at the statement “Well, I'm just so sorry you can't deal with it…but I didn't hear you complaining at the time…”
 
That earned him a lethal glare along with an unidentified flying object, which was aiming straight at his face…actually; he had to duck in order to dodge it. As Marik realized later on, the flying object was in fact a shoe thrown to him by the disgruntled albino.
 
Marik pulled his shirt over his head, while Bakura was looking dejectedly at his now completely shredded dark blue blazer.
 
“That used to be my shirt, you know…you didn't have to destroy my clothes… all you had to do was ask!” Bakura commented dryly, as he shot Marik another one of those playful gazes full of hazy desire.
 
“Trust me, you'll do perfectly fine topless.” The Egyptian leered with a decidedly dirty gaze, which Bakura countered with a challenging grin.
 
Marik smirked, as he approached his love and stretched an arm to help the albino stand. Bakura took it heartily, groaning all the while and trying not to move his rear side to much- which was of course, impossible.
 
When Marik saw his friend was moving too slow for his own good, he pulled Bakura upwards and wrapped his arms around the boy who had fallen into his embrace.
 
Bakura's face was buried in Marik's chest, and both boys suddenly left their playful demeanor back. Now, all that was left on their faces were clouds of foggy passion in their eyes and giddy smiles on their lips.
 
“Too slow…” Marik commented, as he titled the albino's chin up, preparing to share one of those mind-altering kisses with his silver angel. Bakura gave that lazy, weary smile and seemed to have forgotten all about his pain for some reason.
 
“What would you do without me, you dolt…?” Marik asked slowly, his lavender eyes positively glinting with unspoken feelings.
 
“I'd feel physically intact for a change…” Bakura murmured with a slow smile, as he allowed his eyelids to drop heavily over his glazed eyes. They both started to lean in…their lips mere inches apart…
 
“Hey!! Are there people out there? Wow!! I never knew people still came in this god-forsaken place!!”
 
“I know!! Hey, maybe we they know how to reach that club…”
 
Marik and Bakura shared equally shaken gazes at the sound of the approaching people. The blonde's eyes darted to the sand beneath them, where the proof of their `previous activities' was still dirtying the ground.
 
“Shit!!” Marik suddenly said, as he quickly let go of Bakura and started to kick sand over the dirt. He was tempted to ask Bakura for help, but thought better of it when he saw the boy's pained expression.
 
“Mariku…I swear…when I can walk again, I'm gonna get you for this…” Bakura hissed between pained gasps. Marik wasn't perturbed by the threats, though. Bakura wasn't hurting half as much as he let on…the albino just wanted to tease him, he could see it in the other boy's dreamy eyes.
 
Marik raised his hands in an unusual demonstration of defense “Hey! Don't look at me! What was I supposed to do? It hurt a bit for me too, you know! We had no kind of-”
 
“HEY YOU!!! CAN YOU HELP US!!?” someone shouted from the newcomers. Marik huffed in frustration and Bakura simply sighed in a display of boredom. Each of the boys pondered how they would look like to the strangers.
 
What would these people think of two guys, one topless and limping and the other totally crazy? They would probably believe Bakura and Marik were some kind of murderous rapists from hell or something.
 
Marik smiled and threw a sideways glance at Bakura, who seemed a bit unsettled at having strangers see him in this state.
 
The Egyptian chuckled mischievously and leaned to whisper something in Bakura's ear. Immediately, the albino's eyebrows shot upwards in surprise. It didn't take long until he smiled too, snorting loudly at Marik's new prank.
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------
 
Once more, laughing and guffawing was heard from outside the Ishtar front door. With a sudden banging noise, the door burst open and a tall, tanned figure entered. Apparently, he was still laughing his head off, his hair sparkling with golden shine.
 
Silver haired Bakura came soon after, his form walking with a small limp. Once the albino's laughing joined Marik's, the Egyptian shut the door nonchalantly and proceeded to bend down and rest his hands on his knees. He choked out some words while trying to catch his breath.
 
“And…and when you actually screamed you were the murderer in disguise! Man, I never knew you were so good at acting!!”
 
Bakura shook his head dismissively and took a few steps towards his love. Marik was about to pull the albino into a lustful kiss, but was again interrupted by the voice of a newcomer.
 
“Marik? Bakura? Are you home!?” Isis's shrill cry echoed around. The boys that were still standing in the bottom of the staircase turned to the living room. Isis was sitting on the sofa, her face a mask of worry.
 
“Do you have any idea how worried I've been? Do you know what time it is? THREE!! Three in the morning, and it was eight when you left! Where have you been?”
 
Marik and Bakura had both developed a simultaneous fascination for oriental rugs, since their eyes were stuck on the floor for some reason. It was quite amusing, really, the way the two friends could relate to one another in so many ways and react similarly to so many situations. Now they both resembled a dog that was spanked by its master, for instance.
 
Marik eyed Bakura's facial expressions from the corner of his eye. Just as expected, the albino couldn't have seemed guiltier. Marik felt quite stupid himself, actually…
 
“Umm…Isis-” Bakura attempted to speak up, but was cut short by another shrill cry.
 
“Rishid has a night shift, and I've been alone, worried sick, waiting for you all night long!! You ignorant, inconsiderate little…You-” her raving suddenly stopped to give place to a curious gaze. She eyed Bakura and Marik up and down, raising an eyebrow in the process “You look…different.”
 
With that said, she approached the two young lovers like a predator would advance on its pray. Bakura and Marik both attempted to feign innocence with inquiring glances.
 
“What do you mean by `different', sister?” Marik asked rigidly, fighting to hide the curious excitement from his exotic voice. Now that he actually came to think about it, he had been acting pretty hyper for some time now…
 
“I don't know…you just look…different. Happier. It's like you're glowing…” Isis's eyes narrowed as the phantom of a smile shadowed her features “Has anything…happened?”
 
Marik was tempted to bash his own sister's head against the wall. What was it with all the questions!? All he wanted at the moment was to take Bakura in their bedroom upstairs and ravish the poor boy senseless…Why was Isis so suspicious of them, anyway? It hadn't been that obvious anyway…right?
 
“Of course not, Isis, don't be silly! We'll just go upstairs and sleep like good boys. Right Mariku?” Bakura asked in fake indifference.
 
Scratch that. It was VERY obvious.
 
Marik's dazed, dreamy gaze and giddy smile vanished at the call of his name. He hadn't even noticed he had been daydreaming and cursed himself for it.
 
“Uh…sure. Of course, Bakura.” He answered plainly, but his sparkling eyes flashed hungrily in the albino's direction.
 
A ghost of a smile graced the albino's sharp features and Bakura nodded with a meaningful stare. In the meantime, Isis's eyes had been switching from Marik to Bakura, observing the interaction with shocked disbelief.
 
Suddenly, Marik seemed to wake from a fantastic daydream. He lost no time in grabbing Bakura's hand and dragging the poor boy after him towards the upper floor.
 
Isis's eyes widened as she realized that the boys were leaving her without a single explanation. But when she carefully observed Bakura, her eyes narrowed suspiciously again. She didn't want to believe it, though…it was too good to be true.
 
“Bakura…are you limping?” she suddenly asked.
 
“Um…uh…I …uhhh…” Bakura was trying to come up with a believable excuse while being pulled roughly up the stairs.
 
The albino didn't even have time to finish a coherent phrase, before Marik shoved him in their room.
 
“'Night, sister!!” Marik roared, and closed the bedroom door behind him. They left Isis standing there, still as a statue, staring at the space the boys had been occupying moments ago.
 
“Definitely different.” She commented with a smile, and finally started to ascend the staircase herself. She yawned widely and reveled at the chance of finally getting some sleep.
 
“I'm gonna kill them both, one of these days…” she mumbled numbly to herself “Just imagine: if this is how Marik acts without his memories…I don't even want to think about the time his memory will be restored…”
 
The woman finally walked in her bedroom and closed the door behind her, all the time blissfully unaware of the muffled cries and moans coming from the other room.