Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Passion and Blood ❯ Chapter 6

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

MR: O.O EEK! I've started working on chapter six of P&B!! *Dies* Yes, people! Because I forgot what I wanted to do with Curse, that leaves time for me to work on one other fic in its stead until I can work things out with my horrible memory. And so, what fic did I choose? None other than my own beloved Passion and Blood! ^__^ The original version was... *sobs* taken down by FF.net when their NC-17 policy was put into place. That's sad, because the original was my first lemon. *Sirens blare* WARNING! WARNING! A spoiler for those of you reading other fics of mine! I do believe a hint was put somewhere in one of my other fics concerning plot and my first lemon? *Will not tell* Also, the old version was sadly lost in the jumble of files on my old computer. T.T So here we are with this skimpy little rewrite. *Pouts* I know there's some people out there that would love to see the original, but life's hard on us all. We have to deal with it.

Disclaimer: Oh, did I mention I don't own YGO?

Passion and Blood

Chapter 6

"Hey, Yuugi! What's going on?" Anzu smiled at her shorter friend.

"Oh, Anzu! Not much, just grounded for bombing that math test is all…" Yuugi replied with a slight smile. Things had been getting back to normal with his friends.

"I heard you aced that biology test, though! How in the world did you manage to do that? I only got a 67 on it!"

"I studied with Yami," Yuugi admitted.

"Maybe I should come over and study with you, Yuugi. Yami must be a pretty good teacher if he can get you to ace a test!"

"You're… not mad that I'm spending so much time with him?" Yuugi asked.

"No. I think that if you're happy just by being around him, then you should stay with him. I mean, things have never really gone your way with other people, and if Yami can help you get through those things, then by all means, be with him!" Anzu smiled.

"Thanks, Anzu. I'll ask him about that study group idea, maybe we can get Honda and Jou to join in, too. I think their test scores could use as much improvement as mine."

Anzu laughed. "Yeah, if those two don't get their act together, they won't get into a university at all! They'll be working at Burger World for the rest of their lives."

"As if you're not working there to save up for your dream of dancing in New York?" Yuugi pointed out.

"I won't be working there for the rest of my life, though! Those two boneheads probably will, though."

"Yeah. Hey, I'll see you later Anzu, I've got to get going home or mom and Grandpa will start going ballistic on me for being late."

"See you later, Yuugi!" Anzu waved as Yuugi walked away. She was completely unaware that she was being watched… and followed.

*****

"Mom, Grandpa, I'm home!" Yuugi yelled.

The house was bizarrely quiet. "Mom? Grandpa? Is anyone home?" Yuugi looked around the house. A scent, familiar but somehow indefinable, caught Yuugi's attention and drew him towards his own room. Opening the door, Yuugi gagged at the overwhelming scent of what he now knew to be coagulated blood. The mutilated bodies of his mother and grandfather were lying together against the wall, lifeless eyes staring out at him. Just above them was a warning. THESE TWO ARE ONLY THE FIRST TO DIE AND THEIR DEATHS MAY AS WELL BE AT YOUR HANDS

Unable to move, Yuugi could only stare at the warning written in his family's own blood. He slipped into shock, wondering who would possibly do such a thing. A knock at the door jarred him out of his inability to move. "Yuugi? Are you home? What's going on?" Anzu walked up, only seeing Yuugi on the floor looking up at her with blank but scared eyes.

"Yuugi? What… OHMYGOD!" Anzu screamed at the sight of Yuugi's only family, lying against the wall with their own blood pooled around them.

"Jou? Yeah, he's okay, just in shock. You saw the news, then? They didn't show the scene, and I can't blame them; it was horrible. Jou, if you had seen it, you'd be sick. I almost threw up because the smell of blood was just gagging me. They couldn't have been dead that long when Yuugi got there, because the blood was still…" Anzu shivered at the thought, "dripping! Listen, call Honda-kun and tell him that whatever psycho did this might be after any of us, too; they seem to have something against Yuugi. No, I don't have any idea who it might be! Yuugi's never done anything to hurt anybody! This whole thing is just wrong. I only hope Yuugi won't go so deep into shock that he stays like this forever; he'll only sit and stare, like he doesn't even have the will to move. I called Yami; I thought maybe he might get some reaction out of Yuugi. Oh, that's him right now! Listen, I'll call you back in a few minutes, okay? Yeah, I'll tell you if Yami gets Yuugi to do something. Ja ne," Anzu hung up the phone and ran to let Yami inside.

"Thank you for calling me, Anzu," Yami said, his voice cracked and tear stains evident on his cheeks.

"Yuugi needs all the support he can get right now. I know that the two of you… well…" Anzu looked nervous talking about Yami and Yuugi's relationship. "Anyways, I thought that maybe you could get Yuugi to move, to talk… to do something other than just sit there and stare into space. Yuugi's my friend, and I hate seeing him like this."

Yami sat down next to Yuugi. "Yuugi? Are you all right?" Yami didn't get any response. "Yuugi, please; Anzu's counting on me to get a reaction out of you. Look at me, talk to me, do something, anything to show me that you still want to live!"

Slowly, Yuugi turned his head towards Yami; amethyst eyes filled with unshed tears. "Why?" Yuugi asked, his voice almost inaudible even to Yami's sensitive ears.

Yami embraced Yuugi, rubbing the smaller boy's back in an attempt to comfort him. "I don't know, Yuugi. Someone has a very sick mind to do this kind of thing to you," Yami whispered.

"I want to stay with you, Yami…" Yuugi said between small sobs.

Yami looked up at Anzu. "Go ahead, it's more than I can do for him right now," Anzu answered the silent inquiry, opening the door to let Yami carry Yuugi out.

"Thank you, Anzu. I'll call you in the morning to let you know how he's doing."

"Right; I'll call Jounouchi and tell him Yuugi's with you. That okay with you?"

"It's just fine. Tell Jou he's more than welcome to come over if he wants to. But right now, Yuugi needs to rest."

"I saw the news, Yami. There's only one person I can think of that would want to do this. It's Bakura, and he's doing it to get to you," Seto said calmly.

"Bakura? He's still angry with me for marrying Sekkena? I only married her because as the pharaoh, I needed a wife to produce an heir to the throne. How was I to know that Bakura had already arranged a marriage with her father?"

"Bakura was never very good at thinking circumstances through; you know that Yami. I think he was honestly in love with her, and love causes people to do strange things. It's just that in Bakura's case, strange can end up being fatal to the rest of us," Seto frowned. Bakura had laced his words with Shadow Magick to make Seto believe that Yami was cheating on him. Perhaps in Bakura's mind, that was what was really happening. There was just no way to be certain.

"Yami, I'm so thirsty…" Yuugi mumbled; his face buried in Yami's chest.

Yami sat his love down on the couch, biting into his own wrist and offering it to Yuugi. There was no response from Yuugi for a few seconds; suddenly he pushed Yami's arm away, tears streaming down his cheeks. Yami gently probed Yuugi's mind, hoping that the younger boy would let him in. Surprisingly, the former pharaoh found no resistance. Images flooded his mind, and Yami just let them come. The scene in Yuugi's room had the most sensory detail, and Yami nearly gagged from the scent of death and tacky blood that Yuugi's mind provided him. Errant thoughts started to replace the scene of death that refused to go too far from the very front of Yuugi's mind. 'No more blood! I've had enough of it to last me a hundred lifetimes!' 'I'm so thirsty, but I just can't stand to take it!'

Yami wrapped his arms around Yuugi, ignoring the pounding on his door and a voice demanding to be let in. Seto rolled his eyes and went to let the annoying pest in. "Yuugi! Buddy, are you okay?" Jounouchi asked as he ran over to the couch.

Yuugi's sadness had started to give way to anger at whoever murdered his family, and he snapped back at Jou, his preternaturally loud voice making Yami flinch away. "DO I LOOK OKAY TO YOU? MY ONLY FAMILY WAS JUST MURDERED BY SOME PSYCHO, OF COURSE I'M NOT OKAY!!"

"Yuugi!" Yami hissed, not wanting to say anything louder. He couldn't hear through the ringing in his ears that Yuugi's outburst had caused.

Jou took a step back, his senses reeling from the verbal assault. "Yuugi, I… I'm sorry that I asked that. I was just worried about you…"

Yuugi buried his face into Yami's neck, mumbling. "I just want to be left alone with Yami right now…"

Jou was about to leave, when Yami stopped him. Looking down at his lover, he caressed the unruly spiked hair. When he spoke, his voice had a richer timbre. "Yuugi, you need to sleep; it'll help take this whole thing off your mind for a while."

The small form of the distressed teen started to completely relax in Yami's arms. Within just a few seconds, a small snore escaped from Yuugi's lips. Smiling sadly, Yami carried Yuugi up to the master bedroom. When he came back down, Jou glared at him. "I think you owe me an explanation, Yami. You did that trick on me once, and now to put Yuugi to sleep! I'm not saying that he doesn't need it, but I knew there was something weird about you from the start. What have you done to my friend?"

Yami closed his eyes, unwilling to answer. Seto noticed this and turned to Jou. "If you really want to know, I'd suggest sitting down and keeping an open mind. A story that's been 5,000 years in the making won't be told in five minutes, after all."

MR: O.O the story of Yami's past comes out in the next chapter! Not the whole thing, but a good synopsis of it. The full story will be the next installment of the Passion and Blood trilogy. Yes, I know it takes place before the first installment, but this is how I wanted it! The third installment, you ask? HA! I'm not telling! I normally give away clues to what will happen to my online friends, but this is one that I've never really bothered to tell. Passion and Blood was the first fic I really started to plan. Oh, by the way, the second-to last chapter will have my worst cliffhanger EVER!! XD I know, it's planned, and therefore even more evil than my others. R&R!