Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Quest For The Forbidden One ❯ Bad news good news ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu*Gi*Oh, Dark Magician, Celtic Guardian, or any other Duel Monster. This is my first fanfic so…don't sue me! And no flames please.
 
QUEST FOR THE FORBIDDEN ONE
By,
J*gal
Long ago in a world far beyond our own, an ancient magical force terrorized the known lands, bringing suffering, death and despair in its wake; until a brave band of enchanted warriors sealed the creature away. They imprisoned its body in five magical cards which were scattered across the planet. But a legend foretold that if all five pieces were brought together in the place where the spell was cast, his prison would be broken and the world soon know his name once again….Exodia.
 
Centuries after Exodia was sealed, other monsters had settled down and created new homes for themselves. Each breed of monster had adapted to its own environment and developed a unique sense of culture and prosperity. But occasionally, random acts of prejudice and conflict erupted, and powerful duels were fought to determine who was the more powerful. Therefore, no one would have believed that two fighters, from two different worlds, could work together to attempt the greatest quest ever ventured by a Duel Monster.
 
CHAPTER ONE
BAD NEWS AND GOOD NEWS
 
CELTIC GUARDIAN
For many year Celtic Guardian had lived in a meadowy realm called Sogen, home to all Warrior and Beast Warrior monsters of Duelist World, practicing his lighting-swift attacks and improving his incredible sword work.
He was a very well built man, whose usual garb included green armor, a brown shirt and beige pants with a long blue cape. He had bright yellow hair that reached past his long pointed ears. Dark hazel eyes drew attention from his bluish black scars on his cheeks. Dispite being a skilled Warrior type Duel Monster this elf only used his skills to protect those who were in harm's way. All in all, Celtic Guardian was considered the gentlest swordsman.
One day he was sitting at a riverbank taking a break from training when he heard a rustle coming from a nearly forest.
He sighed. He knew what was coming.
Suddenly two hands covered his eyes, blinding him, “Guess who?”
Celtic smiled, “Hmm….let me see….amm….Dark Elf….?”
The hands quickly moved away and slapped him across the back of the head. He turned around, rubbing his hair. It was Mystical Elf sitting behind him at the river's edge. She was hoping to surprise him. (It didn't work.)
She was a different kind of elf herself: blue skin, deep green eyes, (yes she has eyes) and a rather non-fighter appearance. She, too had blond hair but of a darker shade than her fellow elf. Her green dress ruffled when she got up and lifted his helmet. (We all know what it looks like.)
Celtic Guardian slid his sword back into its sheath and climbed to his feet, “What are you doing here? You know your father doesn't want you to be with me,” he inquired as he retrieved his helmet and put it on.
“Oh forget about him. He doesn't control me. Besides I've came to see you, not start another duel” Mystical Elf laughed.
Celtic tucked some of her long hair behind her ear and touched her soft sky blue face. She looked at him straight in the eyes and smiled.
But he saw that something was troubling her, and it wasn't his joke earlier. He asked, “Mystic, what's wrong?” she turned away with a frown, “You mean, you don't know?”
“Do I know what?”
 
DARK MAGICIAN
At the same time, in a land called Yami, another fighter was also training on his techniques, but instead of sword and spear attacks of the more physical monsters he worked with a series of magical gestures. You see, Yami was widely known for being the home to Fiends and Spellcaster monsters. And the most powerful Spellcaster living there was the Dark Magician.
Now Dark was a rather lean let muscular man himself. He wore purple robes with lavender armor. His curved helmet practically hid his face from view, concealing his stern expression which was cruel and merciless. His light blue eyes were colder than ice. There were no feelings in his heart, only strong determination and pure concentration.
For nearly a century he sought nothing but to improve his Dark magic Attacks in his lonely solitude…until now.
“Dark Magic Attack!”
a large sphere of black energy came out of nowhere, completely destroying a small mountain. When the smoke cleared, nothing was felt. Not even a boulder. Dark Magician was standing on a hook-shaped mountain feeling proud of his work.
“Seems to me you're slacking a bit, eh Dark Magician.”
Dark Magician spun around and saw an elderly sorcerer behind him, “What are you doing here Dark Sage?!”
“Whoa, slow down Magician I'm not here to cause a fight. I'm just here to check on your progress.”
The younger wizard faced away from him, “You want to see progress? Then find me a worthy opponent.”
Then just out of the blue, a large Meda Bat flew to the magician and landed behind him, “Master Dark, I have found the perfect monster. “
The Dark Magician gave a cunning grin, “I'm listening.”
 
 
Alright, the first chapter is always supposed to be a cliffhanger, so go easy on me. What new monster did the Meda Bat find? Is it Celtic? What can be troubling Mystic?
Read and Review.