Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Quest For The Forbidden One ❯ You Save My Butt I Save Yours ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

J*gal: As the Silver Fangs stampeded down the mountain, Celtic Guardian thrust out his sword and….(looks over her shoulder, sees the audience, then slaps a composition book closed) woopsy.
Hey Celtic, could you do the disclaimer for me please.
 
Celtic Guardian: Why can't Dark Magician do it? He's probably not goanna live for the next one.
 
Dark Magician: I heard that.
 
J*gal: I'm busy typing this conversation.
 
Celtic Guardian: (Sits cross-legged, arms folded and turned away) No.
 
J*gal: If you don't I'll tell Mystic about your evening with Dark Elf last week.
 
Celtic Guardian: (faces J*gal) You wouldn't.
 
J*gal: (Nods her head)
 
Celtic Guardian: J*gal doesn't own YU*GI*OH! Happy?
 
J*gal: (smiles) Very.
 
QUEST FOR THE FORBIDDEN ONE
By,
J*gal
CHAPTER FOUR
YOU SAVE MY BUTT I SAVE YOURS
 
CELTIC GUARDIAN
Celtic looked around frantically until he found an enormous sea turtle with a built-in catapult on his back. He ran as fast as he could to the turtle, “Excuse me, but I need to borrow your catapult.”
 
DARK MAGICIAN
The air wisped around Dark Magician as he plummeted through a series of clouds. Desperately he tried control the speed of his fall, but the air current and the momentum of the throw rendered all his efforts useless.
“Can't…fight, going too fast. Don't think I can make it.”
(F.Y.I. This means the mind is talking)
Dark Magician shut his eyes tightly, waiting fir the impact.
 
CELTIC GUARDIAN
“Ready?”
Meanwhile, Celtic managed to persuade the turtle to use his catapult to help the Spellcaster. “Are you sure you want to do this?” the turtle asked, “I mean, he's only going to kill you if you survive this. Don't you know who he is?”
Celtic Guardian leaped onto the catapult and prepared for take off. “I don't care. I can't let any living person get hurt because of a merciless dragon like that!”
“Alright, it's your funeral.”
The turtle raised its shell, adjusted the catapult and aimed very carefully for launch.
“Wait for it. Wait fir it…”
 
DARK MAGICIAN
Cutting through the finial cloud, Dark whizzed down as the earth rushed up to greet him. He knew that he wasn't going to survive this.
“It's over.”
 
CELTIC GUARDIAN
“Now!”
The turtle launched his catapult, sending Celtic high into the air, towards the magician who was rabidly to his death. The air wisped past the earth bound soldier like a rocket heading for space. Soon the falling sorcerer was close and coming fast.
“Here goes nothing.”
Only five second from each other…
Four…
Three…
Two…
One…
“Got him!”
Celtic reached over grabbing the Dark Magician in midair as he shot barely above him.
 
DARK MAGICIAN
He snapped his eyes open. Something or someone grabbed a hold of his body. He turned his head but only caught a glimpse of what now holding him. “What is he thinking?!”
CRASH!
RUSTILE!
SPASH!
 
CELTIC GUARDIAN
(J*gal: OK, because of his airborne assault, Celtic Guardian was able to change the direction of Dark's fall and dramatically decrease the speed. So instead of crashing into the city square they landed safely in a lake in the park. So don't give yourselves a heart attack or send me any flames, alright!)
Celtic swam up to the surface, thrust his head out of the water, and clung to a nearby rock, gasping for every breath he could take.
“It's about time.”
The elf looked up and saw Dark Magician standing above him, arms folded, soaking wet, and very unamused.
“A hey, are you alright?” Celtic asked, pulling himself out of the lake.
Dark Magician then said solemnly, “I appreciate you saving my life.”
“Thanks, I guess.”
“Just for that I won't kill you.” He turned around and walked back to the city.
“You're welcome.”
Celtic laid there as the ungrateful magician disappeared into the forest, “All of a sudden, I don't like that guy.”
 
J*gal: Well, that's it for now.
 
Dark Magician: What do you mean?! That chapter's only a couple pages! The last one was MUCH longer that this.
 
Celtic Guardian: I have to agree with him this time. You got to continue with this chapter. You can't leave us like this. (Ringing out his hair.)
 
J*gal: Alright alright, I'll keep going.
 
Both Duel Monsters: Good, now can you pass me that towel?
 
J*gal: (pulls a random hanging above and a mountain of washcloths piled in top of them) You asked for it.
 
DARK MAGICIAN
Dark Magician emerged out of the park (all dried off) only to get a back view of the Red Eyes, firing its Inferno Fire Blast onto the town. The towers burst into flames as the firey blasts hit them.
“I don't understand. My powers are greater than that dragon's. so why did my attack had no effect on it? Either my Technique is really slacking or maybe this is the ultimate opponent I've been searching for.”
The Dragon leaned backward to launch another attack. Right then Dark noticed something on the Red Eye's hands (or claws). Something unnatural. They looked metallic gloves with knoves as fingers.
“I can't believe it! That overgrown iguana has been imbues with Dragon Nails!”
“Dragon whats?” said a voice from behind him. He turned around. The elf had followed him from the lake.
Dark Magician shrugged, than looked the other way, “What's it to you?”
“Is this how you treat people who save you?” Celtic said folding his arms.
Dark sighed, “Any Dragon the has Dragon Nails attached to it will gain a serious power boost. Enough to destroy an army of Battleguards, including surviving my attack.” He said in a very mystical tone.
“Really, I thought it was a new style of spike gloves.”
Suddenly the black dragon turned around and lunged toward them with one of its iron hands. Celtic yelled, “Watch out!”
They both jumped out of the way as the knives drove into the earth. Dark managed to take refuge in the air. “That was close.”
Red Eyes glared at the running Celtic. It opened its mouth as another Inferno Fire Blast charged for attack.
“Swordsmen, get out of the way!”
But he was too late, for at that moment, the dragon had launched its attack at the elf soldier.
 
CELTIC GUARDIAN
The fire raced toward Celtic like a cannon. He looked back to see the fireball charging at him, but he didn't predicted that a large rock was in his path.
“Waahh ouch!”
He fell over the boulder and landed on his side. The elf grabbed a tight hold of his left arm ( because that's the one he landed on) and faced the firey blaze before he could get up. “Aaaahh!!” Celtic had to shut his eyes as the attack hit him.
A terrible heat wave swept over him, setting his cloths a flare. That sound of the flames filled his ears, and breathing soon became impossible for him. Then…nothing…
“There's no need to be flinching, you're alright.”
Celtic opened his eyes, nothing seemed to be burned by the attack, not even himself. He glanced up. The Dark Magician was standing in front of him as a water-based shield surrounded the both of them.
“Huh? What's this?” Celtic Guardian asked looking around.
“It's called Chaos Shield. A powerful shield that is able to protect against any and all attacks from any kind of monster.” Dark Magician said, his back facing the elf.
“Cool.”
“Unfortunately, this also prevents any of us from attacking the dragon.”
“Who wants to?! That thing's fiercer than a King Rex!” Celtic said climbing to his feet.
The Red Eyes Black Dragon clawed at the shield violently with its steel nails, but as Dark said, the Chaos Shield defended against every on slot.
Celtic stared at a corner of the dome with doubt, “Excuse me for asking, but how long can the shield hold against that thing?”
 
DARK MAGICIAN
Hearing the elf's question, Dark quickly scanned around the barrio and saw a small crack growing near the top, “Not long.”
 
J*gal: NOW that's all for this chapter. Happy boys?!
 
Celtic Guardian: Sheesh! First you drown me, then you BURN me! I thought I was you favorite!
 
Dark Magician: At least you weren't thrown around like a rag doll!
 
J*gal: Take it easy boys, you goanna be really beaten up in the next chapter. Don't worry, I won't get you killed.
 
Celtic Guardian: Why for some reason I feel safer on the T.V. show.