Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Ryou Bakura: Time Master! ❯ Phil... or more... Sami of the Future! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh, Final Fantasy, or Megaman. YGO belongs to Kazuki Takahashi, Final Fantasy belongs to Squaresoft, and Megaman belongs to Capcom. The only thing I take credit for is the plot, and for Sami.
 
Sami was sitting anxiously at the windowsill as the sky above Domino City darkened, signifying that night was approaching. It'd been nearly two hours since Ryou left, and as she had to sit through dinner without him, she was getting worried about him. The only good that came with the evening so far was that Yaten wasn't around. But even that didn't allay Sami's fear.
 
“Ryou, come back now,” Sami whispered, as she looked at where Malik's machine had been for what seemed like the twentieth time, “I'm getting worried.” As she looked from the living room to outside the window, the phone rang. Growling, Sami got up from the sill and picked it up, wishing that no one would disturb her. It was Yami.
 
“What do you mean that Yugi's not there?” Yami asked calmly when Sami didn't hand the phone over, “Sami, where'd he go? He told me he'd be with you.” Sami sighed, knowing that either Yugi lied or had no idea what Malik planned for them today. She reluctantly relayed everything she could to the worried spirit.
 
“Malik brought over this machine of his and they're testing it out,” Sami explained simply, but her voice grew more concerned with every word, “I didn't go with them, and I don't know how it works. Oh, Ra forgive me, I should have… It's been over two hours now, and I'm worried something happened.” Yami blinked. It was very unusual for Sami to be so worried about something.
 
“What kind of machine was it?” Yami asked, arching an eyebrow with curiosity.
 
“I think it was a time machine. I'm having trouble remembering exactly, I've been worn out lately,” Sami replied, rubbing her forehead, “I told them to take a short adventure, but I'd have thought at least Ryou would've gotten back by now. Yami, what if they did something serious like prevent someone's birth? That'd rip their existence to shreds if they aren't careful.” Yami's eyes widened, as Sami's concern was turning into fear.
 
“Sami, calm down. I'm sure it's not that bad,” Yami assured, trying to calm the woman down, “Listen, if you're truly worried, we'll ask Bakura to find them.”
 
“Bakura went with them,” Sami said quietly, “I made him go with them.” Yami sighed. Now he understood what scared Sami so much. But there wasn't much either of them could do right now. After talking it over with her, Yami finally told Sami to just rest for a while, and hung up, leaving Sami to once again stare out the window. Until the doorbell rang again. Sami twitched slightly, and opened the door only to find Tea standing there, with Miho Nosaka behind her. She sighed; she was tired of dealing with problems that day. Nonetheless, she tried her best to remain cheerful.
 
“What's up, guys?” she asked, tilting her head. Although it wasn't late, it was unusual for anyone to be walking around at night. Sami stepped aside to let both girls in, and led them into the living room.
 
“Don't you remember we planned on having a movie night?” Tea asked, setting her bag down. Sami silently cursed. She had forgotten all about it, and both Tea and Miho knew that. Or, at least, they sensed it.
 
“You've been busy?” Miho asked innocently. Sami nodded.
 
“Yes. School's coming up, so along with trying to cram some study in, I have to start getting my uniforms and school books,” Sami replied tiredly, and then whispered to Tea, “Now I remember why I hated school so much.” Tea laughed, as Sami went to inspecting the bag. There were a lot of movies she liked, and she picked out one that was about a boy raising a dragon for war. Popping it into the VCR, she sat right back down again.
 
“So, where's Ryou?” Miho asked, looking around. Sami choked a bit on her soda and swallowed hard. Now here was a question she didn't want to answer. Thinking quickly, she said the only thing she could.
 
“He went out to duel with Yugi,” she lied, and was happy that Miho simply shrugged and turned to the TV. Tea wasn't so sure, but she didn't ask questions. For now, Sami didn't have to tell them what happened to Ryou, and that was fine with her as they watched their movie.
 
---
 
Meanwhile, Ryou was standing in the time machine, which was slightly crammed because of Basch's sturdy form. Bakura decided to save space by turning into his spirit form, but even then, it was still uncomfortable in the machine. Yugi looked out the window, but the speed made it hard to tell what was real and what was fog.
 
“Bakura, what date did you set us to go to?” Yugi asked, as Ryou looked away thoughtfully. Bakura shrugged.
 
“I put in +2006. We should be back in our time soon,” Bakura replied, but Malik let out a yelp.
 
“You added a plus symbol!?” Malik asked sharply, causing Ryou to snap out of his thoughts and listen. Bakura nodded defensively.
 
“Wasn't I supposed to!?” Bakura yelled back, “How else would the machine have known whether to go forward in time or not!?”
 
“That's what the AC/BC keys are for!” Malik shouted, exasperated, “We're not going into our time! We're headed another 1500 years into the future from our time!” Ryou let out a shriek of surprise, as did Yugi. The thought of more time traveling wore both boys down. Malik was also upset, as he was sure someone would notice they were gone. And by someone, he meant Yami or Ishtar. Basch was the only one who didn't seem to be in the least bit concerned as he looked out the door's window and began to ask Bakura about time travel. Bakura, for lack of wanting to get into trouble, simply focused on answering Basch's questions.
 
“And that's what creates the illusion of fog,” Bakura answered when Basch asked how fog could form in a continuum, “It's not real. But we're traveling so fast that…”
 
“Bakura, don't you think you should worry about someone else in here?” Ryou asked, tapping his foot impatiently. Bakura turned to Ryou and arched an eyebrow, amused that the boy would interrupt someone so suddenly.
 
“Ryou, I'm talking here. It's rude to interrupt,” Bakura pointed out plainly, and returned to Basch. Ryou twitched and tugged Bakura's arm, causing the insane spirit to glare at him and snap, “What is it!?”
 
“You're very lucky Sami decided not to come with us, or she'd kill you right now,” Ryou said, “That's twice… no, three times today that you royally screwed up. Don't you even care?” Bakura stopped to think about this. He was the reason they wound up in Domino 500 years into the past, and he was the reason he caused Sami to have to set their past counterparts aflame. He was also the reason they were hurtling to a far distant future. Maybe he should feel some remorse. Except that he didn't.
 
“Not really,” Bakura answered, shrugging. When Ryou gave a low growl, Bakura added, “Oh, come on! We're adventuring! Besides, Sami wanted us to have fun, remember?” Ryou's frown deepened, and Bakura sensed an odd look in his eyes.
 
“But she also wanted us back in an hour, and chances are it's banking towards three,” Ryou retorted gently, “She's not the same since we came back from the video game. She's been worried about me, and chances are she's worrying still.” Bakura looked down, knowing Ryou had a point, but neither of them said anything more. Malik was the one who broke the silence as he looked at the small screen on one of the walls. Yugi saw that he was sweating, and his brow was arched in deep concentration.
 
“Malik, what's wrong?” he finally asked, as the screen became clouded with static. Malik sighed, resting his forehead on one hand.
 
“The radar for any time portals is being jammed,” Malik replied, trying to pull a small lever no one had seen yet, “We're going into a heavily technology-advanced time, and without the radar, I can't find a lapsed portal to make a U-turn back.” Malik cursed angrily as he applied more force to the lever, which Ryou guessed was an emergency brake. That at least told him Malik tried to make precautions. But as Bakura went to help, the lever snapped apart, causing both men to curse.
 
“Why can't we just turn back once we hit the future?” Yugi asked curiously as Malik tried to fix the lever. Ryou remembered a little of what Sami had told him about time travel, and snapped his fingers.
 
“Sami said that the farther the distance into the future, the faster you travel, right?” Ryou asked. Malik nodded grimly, and suddenly it hit Ryou.
 
“Yeah. We're speeding up, too. Right now we're going over 135 MPH, and in less than a minute, we're going to be lucky if we go as slowly as 430,” Malik replied darkly, and as he spoke, Ryou felt the machine being thrown through the continuum and gaining speed. Suddenly, an alarm blared, making everyone jump. But they didn't get very high before being slammed right back down from gravity. The feeling of being thrown off a building came back, but it was much worse than before, as though the distance down was being stretched, or that Ryou had been thrown into a bottomless pit. Thrown back into the walls, everyone felt defenseless and as though velocity would rip through them any second until finally a strong crash was felt, and everything began to feel normal, aside from feeling sick.
 
“Is it over?” Yugi asked slowly, as he slowly unstuck to the wall. Ryou managed to slide onto the floor, with Bakura landing on top of him, and threw the dizzy spirit off before getting up. If the machine barely survived the trip into the past, it was a complete wreck now. The crash ripped most of the walls apart, and Ryou awoke to being outside, in the countryside. Malik had fallen a few feet away, and only Basch seemed to have been able to absorb the shock. Taking a long look at their new surroundings, Ryou could've easily mistaken the future for their own time. The countryside looked exactly as it should, with only one thing. There were no houses, no electrical poles, not even a bird in the sky. Although the grass was green, the place felt dead.
 
“Are we even in the future?” Malik asked, also taking a look around, “Where is everyone? And where are we?” Bakura had woken up and taken a look at a rather decrepit sign, stroking his hair.
 
“According to this sign, we're in the Domino bluffs,” Bakura pointed out, raising a suspicious eyebrow, “But that can't be right. This used to be a residential area. It looks completely leveled over there.” Bakura pointed, and Ryou saw what he meant. Hidden in the tall grass were ruins of brick walls, but the bricks were faded to gray from time. He walked over and inspected a brick. It was too worn down to be read.
 
“It looks as though this part of the city's been evacuated for some time,” Ryou whispered, “But what could've happened?”
 
“Maybe Sami got her sword back some time in the past and decided to test it out,” Malik joked, “But whatever happened must've been serious if the place wasn't even rebuilt.” Bakura looked down to where flowers had begun to sprout. They were bunches of lavender herbs, which reminded him of Sami's own garden. She loved lavender. He picked one.
 
“At least the place wasn't left to destitution,” Bakura commented, “Look at all of the flowers. In a way, it almost reminds me of my own village.” Yugi smiled as he picked a wild daisy. It was a vivid yellow, as bright as the ones Sami planted. And that gave him an idea.
 
“Hey! I know! Let's go and find Sami,” Yugi exclaimed, pocketing his flower, “She said she'll live for a long time, right? Maybe she's in this time period!” Ryou smiled weakly, as the idea was tempting, but something nudged him in his heart. Sami could very well be an old woman, and he'd most surely have died in this time. He didn't want to see that. But Malik loved the idea.
 
“Good idea! She's bound to know how to help us back!” Malik added excitedly, “I'm sure my machine's broken for good, so she might be all we have.” Ryou gulped as Malik and Yugi led the way towards where the sign indicated the city's limits. Bakura and Basch followed, leaving Ryou in the bluffs. He didn't want to see Sami in this time, but he felt he had no choice, so Ryou also followed, hoping that maybe she wouldn't be in Domino at all.
 
As they went into the future Domino City, Ryou became aware that there might be no one in the city, or even the entire continent. Like in the past, the streets were nearly empty, but instead of simply a bleak array of brick houses, everything was in ruins. The sky, which was a clear blue above, looked out of place and unnaturally cheerful amidst the rubble and fallen brickwork. Telephone lines either sparked dully or failed to light at all, indicating that at least this part of the city had been without power for some time. It fit the state of the streets, which were torn up and had broken car parts and benches littering them. The giant clock in the square was cracked and didn't even tick. Bakura whistled as they stepped over a broken door and onto the town square.
 
“Wow, Domino sure has changed in 1,500 years,” Bakura stated jokingly, but when no one laughed, he added, “I don't think even Sami would bother to stay here.” Basch looked at what used to be the museum and sighed.
 
“I almost feel bad knowing now that our hard efforts ended so brutally,” Basch said sadly, “I just wish we knew what did this.” Yugi looked back at Basch.
 
“Did this? You don't think this was an earthquake?” Yugi asked, tilting his head, “I mean, I did.” Bakura frowned a bit and shook his head.
 
“Neither Basch nor I think it was,” Bakura replied grimly, “Not even an earthquake would've caused damage this extensive, or at least not by itself. There'd have to be magic involved to summon a hurricane, especially this far into the city. The only true body of water is the Careless sea, and it's too cold to get hurricanes.” Malik snapped his fingers as they turned a corner into what would have been where Yugi's house was, but it was treacherous to cross, as houses had crumbled directly into the street.
 
“This only proves that we might need to find Sami even more!” Malik exclaimed, as they sidestepped away from a large TV that fell only a minute later, “If she's still alive, I'll bet she's the only one who would remember what happened! Then, not only can we travel back home, we can prevent what happened!” Before Ryou could even protest, Malik ran down the street and turned down another corner, with Yugi and Bakura trying to keep up. Ryou sighed, and ran after them. Basch decided to follow later, as he wanted to see more of the city. Ryou soon saw that the high school was leveled completely, and a number of other blocks had been burned down. And because of the weeds that were sprouting out of the ground, the sidewalk and most of the street were becoming increasingly difficult to navigate or even spot.
 
“Whatever happened must've been pretty horrible if no one bothered to even try and repair anything,” Yugi said, as they jumped over a manhole, “I can smell the sewage from up here.” Ryou coughed, which was his way of telling Yugi he was right. Finally, when they turned away from the school district, Ryou was surprised to see that a few buildings had managed to survive. And one of them was his own house, or what he hoped was still his house.
 
“It survived?” Ryou asked, as he began to run over, “But how? And…”
 
“Oh, who cares!? Ring the doorbell!” Bakura barked, as Ryou ran onto the porch. He slowed down and took a look around. Sami's garden was wilted, with only a single willow tree in the center behind a tombstone, but it was still there. The house had barely changed, though most of the gardens Sami had built were dead, and Ryou's dad's car was gone. He felt very strong, old magic around, and gulped as he reached for the doorbell. At first, he was worried that Sami had died, but then the door opened abruptly, and Ryou gave a short yelp. Soon, everyone else saw why. Standing in the doorway was an older woman, barely in her 50's. She was thinner, but still sturdy. Her long, black hair was tied sharply into a bandana, but her red glasses were faded. Through them, Ryou saw her sharp, green eyes. Standing in front of him was his own wife, aged by over 1,000 years.
 
“I have said this many times over! I will not give up the ring, so leave my house this instant, scavengers!” she yelled angrily, and then adjusted her glasses to have a better look at the would-be raiders, “…!?” She flew back, her wings nearly crashing into the door behind her, obviously terrified to see Ryou standing there. Her eyes watered slowly, almost unable to believe he stood before her.
 
“Sami, it's all right,” Ryou said gently, taking a step inside, “It really is me.”
 
“Sami… I haven't heard that name since… Ryou…” she said, turning pale, “I haven't seen you in over a millennia… but how on earth did you escape death, dear?” She turned and saw everyone else, “…it appears you are not the only one?” She smiled for what could've been the first time since Ryou's apparent death, as she began to look years younger at the sheer sight of them all.
 
“Sami, no, I haven't returned from the dead. I traveled through time, with Malik and the others,” Ryou replied, as Sami hugged him tightly, “Do you remember?” Sami let go of Ryou, and looked thoughtfully. The idea did spark something, but it'd been so long ago since she tinkered with time. Finally, though, the memory had struck home.
 
“Yes, vaguely,” Sami replied, “As I recalled, I had to drag us all back before Bakura decided to try and insult Zork directly. But… I certainly don't remember this.” She tilted her head, and her rather large cat ears drooped, almost causing the woman to fall over. Ryou caught her and held her steady as Malik walked up the steps.
 
“Wait, you had to save us?” he asked, as Sami maintained herself. She shrugged, and led them all inside.
 
“Not me specifically. Me as in `Sami' in your own time,” She replied airily, as she let them all sit down, “I believe we're married in your time right now, Ryou?” Ryou nodded absently, but he was too focused on his, or rather, Sami's house to actually have heard her. Everything looked gloomy. She still had all of the technology as before, but the rugs were threadbare, and the pictures were dusty. The lights had been destroyed, and in their place were candles. But what surprised Ryou most was the jewelry box on the mantle. It held not two wedding rings, but four. And that meant Sami remarried. Ryou felt sick as he saw them.
 
“No, Malik, I can't help you,” Sami had said, which snapped Ryou out of his thoughts, “My magic has been drained for over 400 years. Using magic may end my life any second.” Malik was angry to hear that, and asked a very stupid question in response.
 
“So why not do it?” he asked, “It's not like you have anything to live for. Everyone else is dead.” Sami looked down.
 
“That's not true,” she whispered sadly, her ears drooping, “I'm still waiting for my husband.” Ryou clenched his fists, unable to keep his feelings in as he glanced at the rings again.
 
“And which husband is that?” he snapped, surprising everyone, “Me, or the second man you decided to marry!?” Sami's eyebrows rose, and then she looked away, realizing he had seen her rings.
 
“Ryou, it's not what you think, my dear,” she said quietly, but did nothing more as Ryou growled, glaring hard at her.
 
“Oh really? Then why didn't you try to revive me!? You said Chesiers can do that! Why didn't you!?” he asked angrily, “And who was the other man?!” He actually stood up, and he found he was shaking. Sami also stood up, but unlike him, she was calm.
 
“Because reviving people is wrong, and you know it, Ryou,” she said sternly, “I could've ruined your soul if I tried. I'd be with a… zombie. And as for the other man, it's Bakura.” This certainly shocked everyone else, and Ryou felt like he'd been punched in the stomach. He could understand if it had been Yami, or even Tristan, but Bakura! And he looked nearly identical to Ryou.
 
“What!? Why him!?” Everyone asked at once, save for Bakura, who was too speechless to talk. Sami calmly sat back down.
 
“Because neither of us had anything left to this world,” she replied gently, “Ryou had been dead for nearly 500 years, and the earth as we knew it was ending. I decided clearly… that before we all died… Bakura and I should… marry.” Malik and Yugi simply blinked. Ryou was too upset to say anything. Bakura was the only one who could manage to still speak.
 
“Why would you decide that?” Bakura asked, “What happened to Ryou, anyway? And what end of the world? How long ago was this?” Sami closed her eyes and took her glasses off. This would be a long story.
 
“I'm not sure why I chose it, Bakura. I suppose I just fell in love, but I can't tell what are my feelings for you… or for Ryou,” Sami replied slowly, looking at Ryou as she spoke, “I never did get over Ryou. I spent my nights reading his things and looking over his games. One day, he went out to get some herbs from my garden for me… for a new spell. But… someone… something shot him. I heard gunfire, but when I got there, I was too late.” Ryou saw that she was crying. And by the lines near her eyes, she must've cried every time she thought of this memory. He felt bad for becoming so upset, but she continued before he could apologize.
 
“I was a wreck after that terrible day,” she said softly, looking at her folded hands, “I was angry, I was scared, I was confused, and most of all, I was heartbroken. My magic… was awry. I could do nothing to control it, and after a while, I simply gave up trying to repair the severe damage. Bakura… who was still living within that ring, couldn't bear to see me such a broken warrior. He… offered to marry me.” Ryou and Bakura stared at each other, but Sami's explanation still continued.
 
“We spent 310 years together, trying to use our combined magic to pull the world back,” Sami said, her voice growing dark, “My children, Ryou's children… they had all died shortly after their father… my roots with them wilted and died off, and because of my weakness, we weren't enough to stop what occurred next. Nothing was.” Malik looked up, curiously.
 
“Stop what? Zork?” he asked, but Sami shook her head.
 
“No, something much worse,” she replied darkly, “It's what we now call the cataclysm. It was a catastrophic event, where billions died within hours and the earth was scorched beyond repair. Only a few of us still remain. I'm one of them. Bakura was another.” Ryou fidgeted around a bit, growing more uncomfortable as he heard what had transpired. But Sami still continued on.
 
“I was too weak to stop the… thing that did this to us. Bakura went in my place. He told me he'd return, but it's been over 500 years yet again, and I fear… I'm almost sure he's dead,” Sami finished, wiping the tears from her cheek, “Well, as dead as a spirit can be, anyway.” Bakura snorted with laughter at the small joke, but inside, he felt very uneasy. He couldn't imagine being married to Sami, he just couldn't. And he knew somewhere, Ryou felt very sick, hearing what Sami had said. So he did die, but now he knew what killed him. Except that he knew better than to prevent it. Bakura looked to see Ryou's reaction, but his face was hidden in the shadow of his hair. The one who spoke next was Yugi.
 
“Thing? You mean whatever caused the cataclysm wasn't human?” Yugi asked, arching an eyebrow, “Was it a spirit like Yami?” Sami shook her head, taking off her glasses and cleaning them slowly. She replaced them, and laid a hand on Ryou's arm as she spoke, which comforted the boy. But, her energy wasn't entirely the same. It was no longer young. No, this energy was old, and was powerful enough to crush his in an instant.
 
“It would've been impossible for a human to cause this massive destruction you see here today,” Sami replied crisply, “No, whatever this was wasn't a race we've encountered yet. But it WAS created by humans. I've not seen the terror up close, but I've been tracking it, and it's some form of robot, I think.” Malik tilted his head.
 
“Why are you tracking it if you don't have the power to fight it?” Malik asked. Sami sighed, got up, and walked over to the window. She looked out wistfully and beckoned Ryou to come over. She pointed into the garden, where the tree sat.
 
“Because that is who Bakura went after,” Sami replied bitterly, “That is who shot my husband, and that same… monstrosity is what killed all of my children. It is what killed my friends, my family, and my home. I swore to everyone I loved that I would find the menace and destroy it, even if it meant taking me out as well.” Ryou shivered as he heard the bitter hatred in Sami's voice rise. He also shivered because he could feel his own magic outside, and it was coming from one of the tombstones near the tree. And he could feel his own disapproval on Sami's decision. His older, deceased self didn't want Sami to kill herself, and his feelings were joined by four others, his children. He looked at Sami.
 
“No, please don't,” Ryou begged gently, causing the older woman to peer right back at him, her sharp eyes glinting, “Sami, please don't die. No one would want that. You're the only one left who could possibly fix all of this. Don't try to kill whatever did this to you.” Although Ryou hadn't known it, he began to cry as he spoke. Sami's face softened, and she wrapped her arms around the boy and hugged him.
 
“Ryou, I'm glad you care for me so much, but I must do this,” she stated, “I'm the only one who can put up a shred of resistance.” Malik frowned with as much disapproval as the dead Ryou carried in his grave.
 
“What if we went and got to him?” Malik asked, taking out his Millennium Rod, “We're fresh and we have power. If we took him out, you can finally get some rest.” Sami turned around briskly, and her pupils became thin slits, a sign that whatever she had heard severely angered her. Malik shivered, especially as she walked over to him and pointed to his chest.
 
“No!” she hissed angrily, and Malik knew he was in for a scolding, “Absolutely not! Interfering with this era will severely disrupt your own lifeline, and I will not have that happen just so my present self has to go and fix that up as well. I can't stop you all from being here, but you are NOT to get involved in this war!” Bakura's brows furrowed as Malik backed away. Sami apparently scared him more as she became older.
 
“Why not? It's not like we can go home at the moment,” Bakura stated plainly. Sami turned to him, and sighed in frustration.
 
“Do not interfere,” she repeated, “At least with my problems, anyway. But with yours… I think there's a way I can help you. I've been trying to test with time myself, trying to see if I can find some way to work this confounded ring, but one thing is missing.” Yugi's eyes brightened.
 
“What?” he asked, and Sami laughed, patting his head.
 
“A titanium alloy sphere,” she said, “That'll conduct the energy fields left from the cataclysm, and might help me out. I can use it to channel my magic and possibly send you home, with your machine in tact.” Malik cheered loudly at that remark.
 
“Hooray! So, where do we find this sphere?” he asked, opening the front door. Sami closed her eyes.
 
“That's the tricky part. The sphere we need is located in what used to be Pier 6,” Sami explained, “But no one's been there since the cataclysm, and I hear that it became home to more creatures like the one who started this whole mess. That's why I don't go in. It's too dangerous.” Ryou looked at his friends, and they all nodded, as they all knew what he was about to ask. Ryou gulped, and patted Sami's shoulder.
 
“We'll get it,” Ryou said, as Malik walked outside, “We can avoid those monsters easily, I bet. Just don't use your magic for anything until we get back. Please.” Sami's mouth curved into a smile as both Bakura and Yugi left the house to join Malik. Ryou saw that youthful look to Sami again as the older woman hugged him again.
 
“I believe you should be the one who should worry about using his magic carelessly, my dear,” she replied playfully, “Just don't do anything stupid.” Ryou nodded and walked towards the door, turning back only once before he disappeared through it.
 
“I'd never dream of putting you through more worry.”
 
-----------------------------(End chapter)
 
Well, looks like things are about to become very dangerous for Ryou and his pals as they traverse the bleak and desolate future. With a middle-aged Sami as their only aid, their chances of survival seem slim. But will they pull through and find the titanium sphere? What awaits them in Pier 6? Where is Basch, and will he rejoin them? And how is Sami in their own time faring? Find out the answers next chapter, so click that Review button!