Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Tears of the Damned ❯ The Nightmare Begins ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I know this may surprise you, but Yu-Gi-Oh! and its characters are not mine. They belong to Kazuki Takahashi. Please don't sue me; I own nothing of any value.

Tears of the Damned

The Nightmare Begins

Yugi walked slowly away from Kaiba's mansion with his friends beside him. Though they were just outside the door Seto's laughter was still audioble. Yugi would never forget the look on Seto's face when he won. He had looked so happy, but Yugi knew it was truely a look of triumph.

Yugi looked up at the bright afternoon sky. Normally he would have been happy on a day like today, but today he was not sure if he would ever be happy again. The teen knew now that the only reasons that he had ever beaten Seto in a duel was because he had Yami. Now that he was gone he would never duel until he had his yami.

The violet-eyed teen turned his gaze towards his friends. Each of them looked almost as sad as he did. It was almost as if they had lost with him.

***

Yugi sighed and looked up at the starry night sky through his window. His friends had gone home hours ago, after their futile efforts to cheer him up had failed. There was nothing they could do that would help him, for it wasn't the fact that he had lost to Seto that had upset him.

It was the fact that he couldn't win without his yami. Sure, he was an okay duelist, but he would have never beaten Pegasis if it wern't for Yami. He was nothing without Yami and now he was gone.

***

Bakura entered his home; worried about what his yami was going to do to him this time. He had been lucky last night, but would his luck run out tonight? Yugi's sure had. He had not only lost his millennium puzzle his had also lost a friend. Ryou wondered what it would be like to have a yami that would protect him. He would have probably felt much safer than he did now. If only he could stand up to his yami. Then he could return the millennium puzzle to its true owner, and he would never have to be scared of his yami again. But there was no way this could ever happen, he was too weak.

Suddenly, the millennium ring began to glow, and Yami Bakura appeared. He had the same smug look on his face that he usually wore. Even though he had seen his yami many times before it still felt odd to look at someone who looked so similar to himself. It was almost like looking in a mirror.

His yami chuckled softly as he walked slowly towards the brown-eyed youth infront of him. He grabbed the teen's shoulder tightly causing the boy to wimper softly. The spirit smiled slightly at the white-haired boy's pain. It always pleased him to see his light suffer.

Yami Bakura moved his head closer to Ryou's and whispered softly in his ear, "Do not worry, I will not harm you, IF you obey me."

Ryou took a step backwards. His yami was acting very strangly, even for him. The spirit had never hesitated to beat him to a bloody pulp in the past; why would he be so kind to him now? It most likely had something to do with the millennium puzzle, but what was his yami planning to do with it?

Yami Bakura stared at Ryou for a second and said slightly louder than he had before, "I am going to steal all of the millennium items, and you will assist me. If you do exactly as I say without question I will not harm you, understand?"

Ryou nodded weakly, knowing that there was no way he could defy his yami. He knew the spirit was much more powerful than himself, and if he refused to fulfill his wishes he would suffer.

"Good. I'm glad that you're not going to make things difficult for me this time," Yami Bakura purred as he took a step closer to his aibou. "I know you are very upset right now, but remember not to let your emotions cloud your judgement; I am much more powerful than you."

Bakura looked at his yami. It was odd how the spirit could seem to read his thoughts, but few things were beyond his power. That was what had always frightened Bakura the most. 'Why did that bastard have to have so much power over me? Why did I let that asshole get his filthy hands on the millennium puzzle?' Bakura thought to himself.

Suddenly, Yami Bakura punched him in the jaw with such force that the white-haired teen fell to the ground. "You know that I can read your thoughts don't you, my light?"

Bakura nodded weakly in responce.

"Then you should know that you should never think of defying me again!" Yami Bakura took a few steps closer to him. He lifted the teen up by the collar of his shirt, and forced the brown-eyed boy to face him directly.

Ryou began to shudder slightly. He knew that he was going to be beaten once again. Bakura turned his head away preparing for another blow. He waited, and felt nothing. The brown-eyed teen opened one eye slightly, then slowly opened both eyes. His yami still did not hurt him.

When Ryou was finally starting to relax a little, his yami's hand moved upward to his throat. The hand began to grip his throat more tightly, until he couldn't breathe. 'Maybe he will kill me this time. If he doesn't let go of me soon I will die.' Ryou teen thought to himself.

Suddenly, Yami Bakura released his grip on the white-haired teen's neck and let him fall to the ground. Bakura lifted his head up, gasping for air. 'Why did my yami let go?' Bakura wondered to himself.

"You thought I was going to kill you! Don't be so foolish!" Yami Bakura whispered in the youth's right ear. "You fear me, aibou, and that has always amused me greatly. That is why I have let you live this long."

Yami Bakura lifted the boy by his collar once again. He licked a wound he had created on the teen's face, and dissappeared in the millennium ring, leaving Ryou alone once again.

***

Yugi woke up from yet another horrible nightmare. He had been having this dream for almost a week, but he had never paid any attention to it, until now. In the dream Yami Bakura possessed all seven millennium items, and had complete control over the entire world. The spirit had done horrible things to people in these dreams for his own amusement.

The violet-eyed teen shuddered. Could this dream really be a vision? Was that really Yami Bakura that had come over last night? If so, then Yami Bakura must now have possesion of his millennium puzzle.

Author's Notes: Sorry if this chapter wasn't long enouth. I've been fairly busy lately. I will change my pen name to SilverWolf315. I just wanted to keep you informed. R + R