Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Dragon Blade ❯ Prologue: The Dark Yami and Disturbing Visions of the Past ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Yu-Gi-Oh! is owned by its creator, Kazuki Takahashi and it's respective anime companies. I'm borrowing the characters and ideas for a nonprofit fan fiction written solely for the enjoyment of myself, and hopefully others.

Author's Notes: I love dragons. I do. They're cool. One of my favorite Harry Potter moments is in Goblet of Fire where Harry has to go against a dragon as a series of tasks he was set up to face. I also love swords. That's why I knew so much about the bokken and I've even taken kendo lessons before. I've also had freestyle combat situations too. Swords are really fun and so are dragons.

Oh, all the Bakura fics I've known have never really had him searching for the Millennium Items or being really evil. Well, I'm writing Yami Bakura like he is in the manga: a cold, sadistic bastard! Sick and twisted because I'm good at that.

Also, I'm doing a bit of re-visionary history. I do know that Kaiba is the reincarnation of a High Priest back in Yami's day and that they were rivals. That's all anyone that I've asked knows. So, I apologize if you think I'll bastardized Kaiba's origin, but trust me, it'll make sense and you'll like it.

The Dragon Blade

Prologue: The Dark Yami and Disturbing Visions of the Past

By: Elf

The Yami inhabiting the weak, useless boy known as Ryou Bakura smirked down at the bloody eye in his hand. Pegasus had passed out with the pain as Yami Bakura had ripped out the Millennium Eye. Bakura smirked at the golden eye lying in the palm of his hand and the crimson liquid beading like tiny garnets on its surface.

"You won't be needing this anymore," Bakura taunted as he held up the Eye to the light. The gold shone like a tiny sun in his hand. Even though I'm still trapped within this weakling's body and his soul still tries to fight me, I have this.

"You monster," Pegasus moaned as he looked up at Bakura.

The Yami smirked at the man's ruined face. His eye was a mess of gore and blood trickled down his face. He shook his mane of silver hair from his face as he studied the gory ruin that was once Pegasus.

The fool, Bakura thought as he chuckled. Bakura taunted, "You have no idea what you were doing. You were telling Yugi that he doesn't know the powers of his Millennium Puzzle, well, my friend, you don't know the full power of the Millennium Items either."

Bakura then brought the Eye to his lips. He slowly licked the blood off of it, letting the copper rush blend with the Eye's power. It tingled through his host's body and sang within his dark soul.

Bakura smirked and closed his fist around the Eye again. He spun on his heels, knowing fully well that Yugi would be here to see if the Kaibas and his Grandpa were free. He chuckled as Pegasus finally slumped to the ground.

He had plans for little Yugi, as well as an old score to settle with Seto Kaiba.

******

The Pharaoh was smirking. The High Priest who called himself Seth watched as the Pharaoh called up his Dark Magician and obliterated his foe. Seth crossed his arms and willed himself out of the Shadow Realm.

Yami was frowning when he appeared back in his court. The two glared at each other for a moment, but Seth said nothing. Neither did King Yami. Despite their rivalry, or maybe because of it, the two youths had a great respect for the other as magic users, even though they used their magic for different reasons.

Yami summoned his monsters to keep order and to defend while Seth kept his dragons at hand for power. He wasn't about to be weak or admit weakness. He had fought too hard to get to his current position and had brought his dragons with him.

"Excellent win, my lord," Seth told Yami with a slight bow.

Yami asked, "So, Priest, how would you deal with them?"

"Destroying them utterly," Seth answered truthfully as Yami's purple eyes met his own.

Yami chuckled, "That is where you and I differ, Priest. The thief deserves punishment, yes, but not death."

The thief was the reason of the duel. Seth and Yami had been preparing to Duel, Yami without his Puzzle and Seth without his Rod, just on sheer skill alone, when a white-haired thief had broke into their arena. Acting quickly, the two mages had captured the thief's ally and Yami had appointed a new guard to the tomb where they Dueled and added fire to their rivalry.

Not that Seth minded. The young king was the only challenge he had. He missed having his sword in his hands in battle, but he had fled from the Romans to this land of endless sand and magic. He had used his warrior's instincts and skill to become a mage before changing his name to Seth, after these Egyptians' God of Destruction and Evil, and used his pale skin and blue eyes as an omen for priest hood. It was as high as a position he could have without royal blood, and as a lost Celt, he wanted more.

"I said nothing of death," Seth replied with a smirk, fingering the Rod around his neck.

Yami frowned at him and Seth yearned for his sword. The Dragon Blade. These desert people hadn't seen a dragon until he brought them from his home lands and used them in a magical Duel. His dragons were a part of him and the source of his power, and Yami knew this for the Dark Magician was a part of him as well.

Yami frowned at him and Seth turned away, his priestesses following him.

******

"Seto, you there?"

His eyes opened and he realized that he wasn't in a hot, desert pyramid but riding on a bullet train to Tokyo. And his name was Seto Kaiba and not Seth. He also noted that he was wearing jeans, a blue turtle neck and his blue duster because his companion liked him in blue, even though she wouldn't admit it, and not thin, cotton robes and thick gold armbands and necklaces.

Kaiba sat up and looked in a pair of familiar green eyes.

"Serenity?" he asked as he looked at the tiny redhead sitting beside him.

Her smile was bright and dazzling, improving on an already beautiful face. Her long, red hair fell around her face softly and he had the urge to run his fingers through it. If he had been alone with her he would have, but since they were in a bullet train he simply pushed it away from her heart-shaped face.

She asked, "Are you okay, Seto?"

"Strange dream, that's all," he answered, still puzzled about Seth and Yami. He had recognized Yami. That black, dark red, and blond hair wasn't hard to miss as well as those intense purple eyes. Still, all he knew about Seth was that he had blue eyes and pale skin and was Yami's rival.

Kaiba made a mental note to ask Yami if he remembered a Seth. He highly doubted that Yugi Moto's Darkness would remember his life as the Pharaoh who banished all the monsters and slave magic users into the Shadow Realm. Yugi had discovered the tie between the Duel Monsters card game, his Puzzle, and his Yami, but Yami remembered very little.

Kaiba wondered what sort of trauma Yami had suffered when he placed all the monsters in the Shadow Realm. He also wondered if Seth had been there and if Seth had helped him. And what was this thief that Seth kept thinking about.

"Seto?" Serenity asked, making his name a question. She gently took his hand. He automatically intertwined his fingers with hers, taking comfort in her drawing roughed hand.

He smiled down at her and assured her, "I'm fine."

"You fell asleep," she accused, looking adorable with her pert nose scrunched up like it was.

Kaiba flexed his neck and flinched at the stiff muscles. He let go of her hand to stretch and frowned as his normally limber body protested. He rolled his shoulders around to loosen up the tense muscles, but each movement was painful.

He groaned, "How long was I asleep?"

"The whole train ride. We're almost there," Serenity replied as she smoothed her cream sweater down. She had dressed up for him, he realized as he looked at the cream sweater, green plaid skirt, and knee high boots. He would have thought she looked beautiful in a sack, but he wouldn't voice his thoughts like that.

Kaiba looked out the window and asked, "We're almost to Tokyo?"

"Yeah," she answered.

He smirked as he opened up his brief case. His new Dueling uniform was lying in there as well as his deck and his hologram projector. This match was only an exhibition match between the best Duelists, but any chance to beat Yami Yugi was a welcome one. He considered Yugi a friend, but Yami on the other hand was something else entirely.

They were rivals that respected each other and occasionally friends. They were always locked in a battle to see which one was better, who had the most power. Still, it was almost a thirst to see who was better.

"You've got that look in your eyes again," Serenity accused as she swept her hair from her face.

Kaiba blinked up at her and gave her a wan smile. He asked, "What look?"

"Oh, like a dragon who's found a virgin sacrifice tied up just for him," she teased as she smoothed his duster collar back. He figured that he wouldn't change into his new uniform, that what he was wearing was fine. He caught her hand and smirked.

He teased, "No, that look's reserved only for you."

She blushed as she shifted closer in her seat to him. She managed, "Okay, then it's like a dragon who's about to eat a knight then."

Kaiba smirked and stated, "Yugi's going to be there."

"Oh, hell," she chuckled and shook her head disapprovingly at him, "Do you really think you can beat him this time?"

He answered, "I'm not sure. Part of the thrill is the Duel itself. He's the only opponent that doesn't cheat or use magic that is worthy. I actually have to fight to keep up with him, and that's what's exciting."

"You're a bit of adrenaline junkie, you know that," Serenity told him thoughtfully.

Kaiba wrapped an arm around her shoulders and replied, "You keep me grounded, you know."

"Good, because your ego is enough for three people," Serenity teased, lightly pushing his arm.

You make me feel alive. You make me want to be a better person, he thought but kept his thoughts silenced. Instead, he wrapped an arm around her and held her tight. She cuddled into his side with a content sigh. She felt wonderfully warm and soft against him and her sweater was soft enough to pet, like chinchilla fur. And she still smelled like vanilla.

How does the phrase go? Light to my Darkness, he mused as he gently stroked her hair. Luckily, the train didn't have that many people on it and they weren't paying any attention to the Boy Billionaire and his girlfriend. She sighed in contentment as she peered up at him.

She made him feel complete. After being with her for all of this time he realized that she was his other half. She made him feel alive, something that even Mokuba hadn't been able to do lately. He still loved his little brother dearly and would gladly die for him, but the little girl in his arms had his soul.

Serenity asked, "So, who's playing?"

"The best Duelists around, Ser," a familiar voice boomed from the head of the cabin. Kaiba stiffened a groan and pushed his hair from his eyes.

"And somehow they're letting your brother play," a husky female voice added with a rich chuckle.

Kaiba looked up at Joey, surprised that he referred to him as "Joey" and not "Wheeler" as he had in the past, and was surprised to see Mai Valentine beside him. He blinked as he took the blond in, every tall, shapely inch of her. She wasn't afraid to use her body and face to throw off the opposition and Kaiba could see why.

Serenity said, "Joey's a good Duelist."

"He has his moments," Mai replied, causing Joey to fume beside her.

Joey snapped, "I beat you, didn't I Mai?"

"Maybe because I let you," Mai retorted as she tapped his nose with a long, elegant finger.

Kaiba asked, "Why would you do a thing like that?"

"Woman's wiles, right, angel?" Mai replied with a wink at Serenity.

Serenity nodded and answered, "Right."

In a moment of male understanding, Kaiba met the blond's brown eyes. Joey looked as confused as he felt, and a bit fearful if truth to be told. Joey scratched his head and said, "It's not good when they conspire like this, Kaiba."

"Conspire, that's a big word for you," Kaiba replied automatically, smirking at him for all the overprotective Big Brother acts that had stoped him or interrupted him while he was kissing or about to kiss Serenity. "Doggie's learning new tricks." He knew that Serenity would scold him later, but he got a perverse pleasure at baiting Joey.

Joey, wisely enough, decided to ignore that comment while Serenity and Mai giggled. He asked, "What's so funny?"

"Men," they chuckled together before bursting out in all out laughter and watching them expectantly and a bit hungrily.

Kaiba now knew of the fear that Joey had previously felt. "I think we can run faster than them," Joey whispered as he took a step back from their eyes and grins. Kaiba looked up at Mai from where he sat and gently stroked the back of Serenity's left arm.

She sighed as she snuggled back to him and he continued to gently caress. He knew, for whatever strange reason, that she was particularly sensitive on the back of her arms and he could either have her squirming with laughter or purring like a cat if he chose. He rested the chin on top of her silky, red hair and briefly inhaled her warm, sweet scent.

"Hey, watch it, that's my sister," Joey warned, stuttering incoherently.

Kaiba tilted his head back to look at the glaring blond. He smirked and Mai replied, "And I think she's perfectly happy where she's at. Besides, I have to have one worthy opponent to Duel against."

"Hey, I'm Dueling too! This is for the Duelists of Duelist Kingdom, you know that," Joey protested.

Mai smirked and replied, "I know. And Yugi and Kaiba are the only worthy Duelists worth challenging."

"That's not fair," Joey groaned.

Mai smirked and retorted, "Life seldom is, Joseph."

"Joey," he hissed between clinched teeth.

Kaiba watched, pleasantly amused as the buxom blond put the boy in his place. The car door opened again and Kaiba looked at the new visitors. Yugi Moto was joined by Tea Gardner and Tristan . . . Kaiba couldn't remember his surname. He didn't Duel and he really didn't do much. Tea, on the other hand, had tried to put Kaiba "in his place" once with her spunk and overly-protective and loyal personality.

Yugi asked, "Are you two fighting again?"

"They always fight," Tea sighed as Serenity waved at her. The brunette waved back as her blue eyes glared at Kaiba for a moment. Kaiba gave her a superior smirk that he knew would infuriate her. He nodded respectively at the elfin boy with his blond and magenta streaked black hair. Yugi's purple eyes shined good naturally he smiled and bowed back.

Tristan sighed, "I wish that I had a pretty girl to fight with and cheerlead for me . . ."

Yugi, Tea, and Joey looked at the other boy and chimed together in a mocking voice, "My dearest, darling Ribbon-chan!"

Tristan blushed and growled, "Don't bring her into this . . ."

"Ribbon-chan?" Mai giggled.

Joey explained, "Tristan's had this crush on Miho for years and Yugi wrote her a love letter in a puzzle."

Kaiba lifted an eyebrow questioningly at Yugi. Yugi shrugged and replied, "Tristan couldn't figure out the puzzle to write the message, so I did for him."

Kaiba could just imagine a love letter written by Yugi. It was probably sweet and poetic. Serenity sat up and asked, "What did it say?"

"You don't need to know that, it's classified," Tristan protested.

Mai looked at Joey and said, "Now we have to know, Joey. Tell us."

Tea chuckled, "It began with, 'My dearest, darling Ribbon-chan. How I've suffered with these feelings for you.' Unfortunately, the teacher found out."

"Luckily, Yugi was there to bale you out, eh Tristan?" Joey replied, nudging Tristan.

Mai asked, "What happened?"

Yugi blushed and managed, "Actually, it was my Other Half who saved the day. Not me."

Of course. Yami always saves the day, Kaiba thought reflectively as he looked out the window as the train pulled into the station.

******

"Yugi Moto beat the Great Seto Kaiba. I heard it wasn't that hard," Weevil taunted as he laid one of his infamous Man Eater Bugs down. "I guess your reputation was over stated, Kaiba."

Kaiba smirked from behind his cards as the Man Eater Bug took out one of his lesser monsters. He knew that this insect was the highest ranking monster in Weevil's deck. The blue haired boy cackled, "Beating you was all too easy, Kaiba. Let's see what pathetic excuse you call a defense you pull up."

Kaiba looked over to where Tea and Tristan were sitting. Serenity's red hair made her easy to spot as she headed to the refreshment stands on the other side of the arena. He frowned as he saw a familiar American flag bandana wrapped around the head of a man dressed like a biker. He recognized Banded Keith and scowled as he followed Serenity.

He looked over at the other area where Joey was dueling Raptor Rex and knew that he saw it too. Weevil taunted, "Stalling for time, Kaiba, or just nervous?"

"Neither, actually. Board's more like it," Kaiba answered as he laid the Blue Eyes White Dragon in attack mode. Weevil's bespectacled eyes widened as the dragon materialized on the screen. Kaiba smirked and asked, "What pathetic excuse of a defense will you pull up? Blue Eyes, Lighting Strike Attack."

He gathered up his cards as the point counters chimed Kaiba's victory. Kaiba looked over to see Joey's Red Eyes destroy Raptor's latest monster, thus earning him a victory. Joey gathered his cards and climbed down the arena to join Kaiba.

Kaiba glared as he saw Keith leering too close to Serenity. "Look at the bastard," Joey sneered.

Kaiba nodded in perfect agreement as he said, "He's dangerous."

"I don't like him. He cheats at Dueling and . . ." Joey's protest turned into a glare as he fell instep with Kaiba. For the moment, the two were in perfect agreement.

As they approached, Keith was saying, "So, after the match, why don't we go out together?"

Serenity replied, "No, thank you. I'm already with someone."

"Blow them off," Keith replied eagerly as he leered at the small redhead.

A muscle twitched angrily in Kaiba's jaw as he calculated five different ways to cripple and kill the American Duelist. Joey clinched his fists beside him. Serenity's eyes lit up as she saw her boyfriend and brother approach.

Serenity shook her head and again said, this time more firmly, "No, thank you. I'm already with someone."


"I bet that I'll show you a better time than that loser," Keith hissed at her.

Joey loudly cleared his throat and stated, "I believe my sister told you 'no', pal."

Keith stiffened as he turned around and looked at Joey and Kaiba. Kaiba crossed his arms and stood there. He looked at Serenity and mouthed, "Are you okay?" She nodded as she headed over to him. Joey smirked at her and she grinned back.

Joey snapped, "And how did you escape anyway?"

"It's amazing the sort of trash they let in here, isn't it?" Kaiba asked rhetorically without looking at the American.

Keith snapped, "Like you have any room to talk, kid. You're just as bad as me, maybe even worse."

Kaiba stiffened as he remembered the look on Yami's face as he stood up on the tower while his Ultimate Blue Eyes rotted and the Celtic Guardian rushed at the undead dragon. He remembered the desperation he had felt at that moment, to save Mokuba, no matter what the cost. He had taken a gamble, preyed upon Yugi's kindness, and almost shattered him and almost killed himself in the process.

"Well, at least he doesn't steal other people's cards or send people to attack other people," Joey snapped as he gently took Serenity's arm and directed them away.

Kaiba walked with them, frowning. Joey grumbled, "Asshole, I'd like to rip him a . . ." He shook his shaggy blond head as he looked at the Dueling stats. He grinned and Kaiba knew why he was grinning. Mai was to battle Keith next. Joey chuckled, "Well, I'll leave him to Mai."

Kaiba met his eyes, wondering why he had defended him. They hated each other for the most part. Joey leaned over and hissed, "It wasn't for you, it was for her." Kaiba blinked in surprise as Joey tousled his sister's hair and ran off with a grin.

Serenity tugged at his sleeve and he looked down at her. She said, "I'm sorry."

"Your brother and I don't get along; we despise each other. That's all, Seren," Kaiba explained to her.

Serenity let go of him and crossed her arms. She sighed, "You two really don't know how much you're alike, do you?"

If it had been anyone else other than her, he would have snorted and told them not to insult him like that. Instead, he asked, "Why would you think that?"

"Because you are, that's all," she replied stubbornly as she looked up at him defiantly.

He sighed as he looked down at her. He said, "Yes, we're both protective and adore our younger siblings and we're both very determined, but Joey's too . . . pure to use some of my methods."

"You don't know my brother too well, do you, Seto?" Serenity asked as she pushed her hair from her face.

Kaiba snorted, "What do you mean?"

"Joey's not as smart as you," Serenity began and he smiled wickedly at her and thought, Understatement of the year, dearest. She glared and went on, "And he wouldn't push his own dad out of a window."

Kaiba closed his eyes. Blood was stained on his hands, even if it was to protect Mokuba from the horrors his stepfather had placed upon him. Horrors that still scarred him to this very day.

He felt Serenity's nimble fingers gently caress his cheek then his nose. He realized that this action was left over from her blindness, learning to "see" with her fingers. She continued, "So, he went to the streets and built a family there. He doesn't tell me about it because he's ashamed of it, but my Joey is more than what he seems. Joey's not weak or fragile. He's tough as you are, in his own way. Kinda stray dog verses wolf. Dangerous, but very different. Put a wolf in the stray's environment he can't survive, put the dog in the wolf's environment he can't survive."

He looked down at her, puzzled by this new insight. He then looked over at where Joey was standing, apparently winning another Duel. He then saw Keith lose to Mai's Harpy's Ladies and Harpy Dragon. The blond woman giggled as she blew Keith a kiss and sauntered over to where they were standing.

Mai smiled sweetly at Serenity and said, "I'm sorry, but I'm about to viciously beat your boyfriend in a Duel. It's nothing personal, angel."

Serenity giggled and replied, "Don't worry about Seto, Mai. He can handle himself. Among other things."

She winked up at him impishly, reminding him about those other things. Kaiba wasn't one prone to blushing, but Serenity some how had that effect on him. Again, the Lightness to Darkness metaphor he had found himself thinking earlier came into play. Her sweetness, generous nature, and laughter somehow did something to him, changed him, made him want to be more than what he was in a good way.

Mai smirked as she looked him over. Kaiba stood to his full height and swept his jacket behind him. She leaned close to Serenity and said, "You just have to give me the details."

Kaiba glared and snapped, "What does that mean?"

"I don't know if you've looked in the mirror lately, but you are very handsome," Mai answered coyly, tapping his chest with one long fingernail.

Kaiba smirked as he realized that Mai's beauty was part of her strategy to slip up so many opponents. She was fooling herself if she thought it would work on him. He looked down at Serenity and said, "Break the news gently to your brother that I'm about to annihilate his girlfriend in our Duel."

"Gotcha. Good luck, Seto," she chirped as she bounced on her tiptoes and gently kissed his cheek before she ran off.

******

Ryou Bakura clutched his white hair. He whispered, "No, not again, please . . ." He felt his Millennium Ring glow warmly against his chest and the dark presence wash over him. He felt violently ill as Ryou was pushed back and Yami Bakura emerged.

Bakura flexed the fingers of his Host's hands and frowned. He could hear Ryou's subtle cries in his mind as he took over and looked at the other Duelists. He saw Yugi Moto and his perfect, wonderful Puzzle gleaming in the light like molten gold. He hungrily licked his lips as he watched the Puzzle from his hiding place.

"Good luck, Seto!" a female voice cried from the stands. Bakura nor Ryou recognized it, but he was shocked to see Seto Kaiba look warmly to where the voice cried before placing his cards on the console. Mai Valentine shouted, "Stop making kissy-face with your girlfriend and Duel me, Kaiba!"

Bakura looked up at the stands and smirked as he sat Tea sitting with Tristan and a small redhead that looked vaguely like Joey. They had similar chins, he realized as the redhead waved at Kaiba.

Tea shouted, "Get him, Mai!"

"She's not that pretty, Seto!" the redhead cheered, "Don't let her distract you!"

Tristan said something and pointed over toward Yugi. Bakura frowned as he realized that Yugi's Yami wasn't playing. Yugi was being dominate now and he was wearing the Puzzle.

Odd, Bakura thought as he watched. He felt the warm glow of the Puzzle's power and smirked. Then he looked over at Kaiba and the Blue Eyes White Dragon that had just materialized on the arena. Kaiba looked proudly at the dragon and smirked at Mai.

Bakura smirked at the Dragon Master and thought, You still owe me, Priest, but first I have to repay a debt. Even after all of these years and despite the changes in your soul, you will help me.

Edinburgh, Scotland

Three Weeks Later

The sword was beautiful, gleaming and almost white. The promnel was the head of a snarling dragon with eyes made out of intense, brilliant blue sapphires, the handle was the dragon's body with its legs curled up beneath it and its tail wrapped around the hilt. The wrist guard was the dragon's wings in flight.

It was ancient, carbon dating had proven that, but it looked as if it had been newly forged. The archeologists who touched it burned their hands as soon as their flesh touched the blade or handle. They used clothes or heavy leather gloves to handle the mysterious blade.

Perhaps the most mysterious thing about it was that the work was obviously of Celtic origin, with the engraving translating to: With these dragons, I invoke my power, but it was found in an Egyptian tomb of a Dark Priest named Seth. The DNA tests ran on "Seth" proved that he was not Egyptian, but hailed from present day England or Scotland and probably had dark hair and blue eyes. And "Seth" had not been mummified properly, that he had been locked in an airtight tomb.

Still, Scotland had managed to earn the rights to showcase the blade.

Dr. Bakura had been the one to lead up the excavation of the sword and had summoned his son, Ryou to be with him during it's opening. The famed archeologist had spoken to the masses and answered what little they knew about the sword, or the "Dragon Sword" as they dubbed it. One American reporter commented that the dragon looked like the Blue Eyes White Dragon from Duel Monsters.

She didn't know how right she was.

Ryou clutched his head as Yami took over in the darkened museum. The ancient thief killed the security guard on duty and stashed his body in a dumpster. Bakura was wearing leather gloves so that he couldn't be finger printed and he thought it was ironic that he was using Kaiba Corp. technology to override the security system.

Bakura smirked as he cut a hole large enough to fit his hand into the case and pull the Dragon Blade out. He flinched as the leather in his gloves began to burn on contact with the handle. The dragon's eyes blazed furiously for a moment as Bakura lifted the sword out. Only the true wielder of this blade could hold it and not be harmed.

"And I'll return you, my beauty, and your master will have no choice but to serve me," Bakura murmured with a wicked cackle.

To Be Continued!

More Author's Notes: This is sort of a sequel to my fic "Heart of the Dragon Master". You really don't have to read this one to get this fic, even though I do hint at a few things in "Dragon Master", but the only thing you have to know is that is where Serenity and Kaiba "got together" so to speak.

I got my chops warmed up with a romance fic, now I'm really going to wow you readers with this. Trust me.

First off, I'd like to thank Alecto, who helped me on some of Kaiba's past as well as the coolest Kaiba shrine on the net, KaibaCorp. The address is: http://kaibacorp.ionichost.com/index2.php

If you're a Kaiba Fan girl, you should visit this site. It's got cool pictures and was the first Kaiba Shrine on the net. And it also has a mini-shrine to Ryou and Malik for you to gaze upon. Plus, it's where I get most of my information.

Another site that has lots of information, as well as some cool fanfic, is http://www.nocturnalsoldier.org/yugioh/ I got all my background information on the manga and stuff from this site. It also has a neat feature where the webmistress (who speaks Japanese, no doubt) gives you tips on how to write Yu-Gi-Oh! fan fiction. It gives tips on how to keep everyone in character and back ground information on the manga. It also has some cool fan arts as well.

Also, if you know of any cool Yu-Gi-Oh! fan fiction archives, please give me the address! I'm dying for fan fics, but . . . Well, I really haven't fount any really good ones, except for one really kick-ass Kaiba piece. And, finaly, anyone wanna draw me some fan art or write a Serenity/Kaiba fic themselves? (I'd love to read a PWP lemon between these two.)

My e-mail's at slaybrat@aye.net if you'd like to give me a line.