Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Nitpicker's Guide to Yu-Gi-Oh ❯ The Heart of the Cards ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer#17: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh, I'm just pointing out their stupid mistakes. ^_^

Author's Notes: This isn't another bloopers fic. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIT!! Don't leave yet. This is a "Nitpickers Guide". It lists the REAL mistakes in each of the dubbed Yu-Gi-Oh episodes from Kids WB. The mistake will either be in a quote from the show or will be told flat out to you. I hope it doesn't get confusing. You'll figure it out. I stole this idea from a site (which I HIGHLY recommend you go to) called Digi Tenka (digitenka.hypermart.net/ng.html) and their Nitpickers Guide to Digimon, who stole it from Phil Farrand and his Nitpickers Guide of Star Trek (look in a book store). The YGO cast will be explaining why the mistakes are there ^_^. Enjoy the Nitpickers Guide to Yu-Gi-Oh!

Mistake#1

Tristan's in it

Why-

Tristan: Very funny. Now the real mistakes are.

Mistake#2

Quoting Tea: *watching Yugi and Joey dueling* They've been at it for hours.

Why-

Joey: No it's not because it doesn't sound right. Sick teens.

Kaiba: How can you be dueling for hours at school? Why is the whole class there after school?

Tristan: And for hours. Maybe 'cause it's during school.

Bakura: We must have a lazy teacher.

Mistake#3

Joey puts down a card with 800atk power. Yugi then calls it a "pretty good move"

Why-

Tea: You're kidding.

Grandpa: I thought I taught you better *pokes Yugi*

Yugi: I thought I taught YOU better *pokes Joey* Maybe I was just sparing his feelings. Yeah right.

Mistake#4

Quoting Yugi: You see my grandpa owns a game shop and I get all my best cards from him.

Quoting Joey: Your own game shop!?

Why-

Yugi: Did I not specify that it was my grandpa's game shop.

Kaiba: Wow Joey, you're even dumber that I thought.

Bakura: And you even live in the game shop. That's not an everyday thing. Shouldn't your

friends already know?

Yami: Let's just blame it on magic.

Mistake#5

Quoting Yugi: Maybe I can even get my Grandpa to show us this super rare card he's got.

Quoting Kaiba Thinking: Rare card!? Could they have found the card that I've been searching for?

Why-

Joey: He calls it a rare card and you automatically think it's the Blue Eyes White Dragon? Called me dumb.

Kaiba: There was a very high chance that it was what I wanted.

Yami: Of course. Four in how many billion?

Bakura: One in how many billion. He has three.

Mistake#6

Quoting Grandpa: Ha, ha how can I refuse. (showing off the BEWD)

Why-

Kaiba: And I called Joey dumb.

Yami: Now you've shown them where you keep it. The box doesn't even have a lock.

Joey: Should've stolen it when you were "out".

Mistake#7

Quoting Kaiba: I am the #1 ranked duelist in the country…

Why-

Kaiba: And you didn't already know that!? I'm appalled by all of you. Except for you Joey. You're too dumb to know anyway.

Joey: You wanna play the Bash Game moneybags. Let's play.

Mistake#8

Quoting Kaiba: Gentlemen, there's a little something I'd like you to pick up for me at the game shop.

Why-

Joey: Know how many game shops are in Japan? This isn't like sayin' pick something up for me at Burger King ® *singing* BK, you got it.

Yugi: *blink, blink*

Joey: Hey it's not a stupid as what you said.

Mistake#9

Joey: I hope he has some cool cards today.

Yugi: Me too.

Why-

Joey: You live there you should know.

Yami: Here's something you should know before you start bashing my aibou.

Mistake#10

Joey: Kay Gramps, we're back to get more cards.

Why-

Yugi: It's my grandpa.

Grandpa: I feel so loved.

Kaiba: You people are pathetic when it comes to finding mistakes.

Mistake#11

Quoting Grandpa Thinking: Young Kaiba doesn't understand but I'll teach him a lesson about the Heart of the Cards.

Quoting Tea from later: Maybe he went out.

Quoting Joey: Maybe, but why would he leave the door unlocked?

Why-

Kaiba: There's so much screwed up with Mistake#11, I don't know where to begin. First off, Yugi's grandpa went willingly with my goons so he should've locked the door. Second, it is Yugi's home so he should have the key. Yugi's grandpa got a little cocky and that's not what the "Heart of the Cards" taught. Now that's a mistake.

Bakura: I have on relevant to that.

Mistake#12

Quoting Kaiba: You're grandfather's here visiting, but he's not feeling well. Maybe you should come by my office and pick him up.

Quoting Yugi: Kaiba!? What have you done Kaiba!?

Why-

Bakura: Yugi's way too innocent to suspect something.

Yami: I would put out one of your mistakes but you don't have any in this episode. I'll just take it out on something else.

Mistake#14

Yugi and friends ran to Kaiba Corp.

Why-

Yami: All the way there, when Kaiba was driven. Which takes us to our next mistake…

Mistake#15

The magical elevator.

Why-

Yami: It's always magic's fault.

Kaiba: How did you know which floor to go to? I sure as hell didn't tell you.

Mistake#16

Quoting Grandpa: So parting with it (the BEWD) is completely out of the question.

Quoting Kaiba from later: We had a duel that's all, with each of us putting up our most valuable card as the prize.

Why-

Yami: Makes a damn good betting chip, doesn't it?

Kaiba: Cocky, cocky, cocky.

Tristan: And I was the one who had to carry him.

Mistake#17

Yugi's mouth and face say "I'm gonna kick his @$$"

Yugi says "I don't know"

Why-

Yugi: *sigh* Dubbers.

Mistake#18

Magical Elevator, meet your match. The Magical Ambulance.

Why-

Tea: Wow that ambulance got there pretty fast, even for an emergency.

Joey: Who called anyway?

Tristan: I don't think Kaiba would and he might not have let us use his phone.

Yami: The only reason he said it was to duel me.

Mistake#19

Quoting Joey: Well take care of your grandpa while you take care of creepy Kaiba.

Quoting Tea from later: Why don't you get back in there and cheer Yugi on?

Why-

Joey: Cause I just got down here. But the Magical Elevator is pretty fun to ride.

Bakura: And then he automatically knows where Yugi and Kaiba are dueling.

Kaiba: The Magical Elevator strikes again. What happened to our Bash-fest?

Mistake#20

Quoting Kaiba: We each begin with 2000 life-points. First player to hit 0 loses.

Why-

Yami: I know that.

Kaiba: How'd you here me? We were so far away from each other and the whole time spoke in normal voices.

Yami: Huh. Never thought about that.

Mistake#21

Yami says "I call on the Winged Dragon Guardian of the Fortress!!"

Yami's mouth says "I call on the Winged DRAGON!! Guardian of the Fortress."

Why-

Kaiba: Work on your facial features.

Yami: Grrr.

Mistake#22

Quoting Yami Thinking: He's good he knows every aspect of this game but my grandpa put all his gaming knowledge, his whole heart, into assembling this deck. I have to believe that it holds some secret strategy. *draws card* This card is useless.

Why-

Kaiba: So much for the "Heart of the Cards".

Yami: That's not a good mistake.

Kaiba: Maybe not…

Mistake#24

Quoting Yami Thinking: My only chance now is to assemble all the pieces of Exodia.

Why-

Kaiba: …but how about that one. The monster you drew you could've put face down on the field or played a magic card if you drew one. You didn't have to draw Exodia right then and there. And there's one more left.

Mistake#25

Quoting Yami: Exodia, OBLITERATE!

Why-

Kaiba: This word will later become overused by the many duelists and non-duelists of the cast.

Yami: Fine, I can walk away with dignity. But next Nitpickers Guide, I'll get you.

Author's Notes: That is if we have another chapter to The Nitpickers Guide to Yu-Gi-Oh! Tell me how you like it and if you want to see more. I don't want to catch mistakes for nothing. If you saw any I might have missed, tell me please. It's all based strictly on the dub and not intended to make fun of Yu-Gi-Oh. This was just for entertainment and I hope you all like it. I came from Fanfiction.net but they came up with all these new rules that made this fic illegal over there. Hope I fit in here, I'm not writing to my usual "cronies" (I don't think). I know Kaiba's World Champ and that mistake will be in chapter 2 if you want one. Also, if you have any suggestions or are from Fanfiction.net, I'd love to hear from you. A LOT!!