Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ To Tell You ❯ Wednesday ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yami and Yugi walked to school together silently, neither sure what to say to the other. Yugi was embarrassed about the way he'd acted and Yami wasn't sure if he should bother Yugi in case he was still angry, but he thought it was a step up when Yugi had waited for him that morning.

At school they sat in their usual seats next to each other in the classes they had together, but never exchanged any words together.

At lunch Tea met up with Yugi in the classroom where he decided to be alone instead of going to Yami. (If he had he would have felt obligated to talk to him.) She walked over to him slowly and apologized to Yugi.

Yugi could only glare at her for a second before asked what for.

"For kissing Yami. I….I know how you feel for him and it was wrong of me to do it. And also for asking him out yesterday at the school gates."

Yugi swiveled in his chair to stare out the window. "I don't want your sympathy, Tea. Just go away." He told her bitterly.

"I just wanted to let you know though, that he didn't accept me when I asked him to go out with me."

Yugi looked up in surprise and turned to stare where she had been but she had already left the classroom.

~~

Outside the classroom Tea stopped in front of the two people waiting for her.

"Did you tell Yugi the truth?" Malik asked her, his tone obvious he wasn't in the mood to be messed with.

She nodded resentfully.

"What did Yugi say?" Ryou asked.

Tea glared at him. "He told me to go away and leave him alone." She scowled and stomped away.

Malik and Ryou could only laugh as they headed outside. Both were extremely happy they were ably to help Yugi somehow.

~~

After school Yami waited for Yugi outside by the gate like always, hoping that Yugi would come.

He did and Yami smiled nervously at him.

"Hey, Yami." Yugi whispered, his voice a bit cracked. "Tea told me what you said to her yesterday. I'm sorry for the way I acted to you."

"I'm just happy that you aren't mad at me, Yugi."

"Please, Yami, just take it. I spent every minute since lunch after Tea told me crying over the way I acted towards you."

Yami was surprised to hear this and he nodded. "Alright then, Yugi. If it'll really make you feel better."

He nodded.

"Okay, I accept your apology."

"Thank you, Yami."

They walked back to the game shop together, much happier than they were the day before and half the day that day. They helped each other with their homework and even made dinner together, eating in a comfortable silence.

`This is the perfect time to tell, Yami.' Yugi thought excitedly. "Yami…"

And just then the doorbell rang. Yugi felt like he wanted to kill someone when Yami got up to answer it. When he came back he handed Yugi a letter from his grandpa.

He opened it and nearly tore it up when he finished reading it. It was a letter to let him know that grandpa had to go visit one of his friends and he'd taken the letter to the post office since he was in a hurry. It was a heartfelt apology that it was such short notice until the very last line of the letter came up: "By the way, have you brought up the courage to tell Yami how you feel yet?"

Going upstairs to take a shower he put the letter with the others grandpa had previously sent him other times he went on trips and locked it away so Yami wouldn't read it. Afterwards, he went downstairs to look for Yami so he could finish telling his darker half how he felt, but he was already asleep when he went into their bedroom to look for him.

Yugi sighed in defeat and frustration. It seemed like every time he tried telling Yami how he felt something always interrupted them. He trudged slowly over to his own bed and fell down it, falling into a fitful sleep hours later.