Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ To Tell You ❯ Friday ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yugi and Yami woke about the same time the next morning and got dressed before going to have a quick breakfast in the kitchen. Afterwards, they headed down the street for school.

Yugi looked around hopefully when nobody was waiting for them at the gate and didn't see anybody coming down the street yet. Smiling in hopefulness he took a deep breath and opened his mouth and was disappointed all over again.

"Hey Yugi! Yami!" Joey called.

Amethyst eyes looked down the street to see Joey walking hand-in-hand with Seto as they turned the corner. The blonde was waving at him eagerly with a goofy smile covering his face.

Yugi felt like crying like a baby when he saw their hands joined and how happy they looked together.

"Hey, guys. Sorry we're a bit late. We had a few things to take care of first. Anyways, how'd you like to come to Seto's this weekend for a get together? We'll have some pizza there and stay the night too. Tristan and Tea are also coming." Joey told them.

"What about Ryou and Malik and their yamis?" Yugi asked.

"We haven't seen them yet." Seto explained. "We'll ask them when we see them later."

Yami looked over at Yugi to see what he would answer but before his hikari could answer and reply came from further down the street.

"They're going to be busy this weekend!" Malik called loudly as he ran over quickly, heaving from breath as he rested from his run over to them. Ryou came up much more calmly with a smile on his face.

"That it, they've already got plans. Remember, Yugi?"

"I do?" Malik glared at him and Yugi stepped back slightly, startled. "That's right, we do. Sorry guys."

Yugi looked over to Ryou curiously but Ryou just smiled at him and Malik glanced over to also see Yami's questioning gaze. He just smirked and turned back to Joey. "Yeah, it's a yami-hikari get together thing. Sorry we didn't tell you about it sooner. We don't mean to leave you out or anything, it's just that we haven't be able to do anything together for a while."

"That's okay." Joey shrugged. "Some other time than." He then started dragging Seto down the walkway towards the school mumbling that they didn't want to be late for class when there was still plenty of time before the bell rang.

Yami turned to Yugi when they disappeared from sight. "Yugi, what's going on? We weren't doing anything."

Ryou stepped in. "The hikaris have a surprise for the yamis so that's why Yugi didn't say anything about it to you."

Yami shrugged then and started walking away. "I'll see you in the classroom then, Yugi."

Yugi watched his darker self go before rounding on Malik and Ryou. "Okay, you two. What's going on? I want the truth." It was only then that he realized that the two were also walking away, laughing and waving goodbye to him. He didn't know what this was about but he was sure he was going to find out soon enough.

~~

At lunch Yugi's suspicions were confirmed when Ryou and Malik met up with him in the classroom and told him that they had the perfect idea for him to tell Yami without getting interrupted.

Yugi thought about it for a minute before he nodded and asked what it was excitedly. Ryou and Malik just laughed and told Yugi they'd explain everything to him tomorrow since he would need all the time he could get.

Yugi was confused, but went along with it too.

~~

After school Yami asked him about the surprise, but Yugi would only shake his head.

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you." And he left it at that.

That night Yugi made dinner for them as a treat and told Yami to relax. He did and watched a movie while the hikari was busy in the kitchen, Yugi watching bits and pieces in between breaks.

They ate in silence and then went to bed, Yugi hardly able to sleep he was so excited about what Ryou and Malik had in store for him.