Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Truthfully, in My Soul ❯ A Dilemma Compounding ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 11: A Dilemma Compounding
 
Disclaimer: All Yu-Gi-Oh! characters belong to Kazuki Takahashi. Neferue is my character.
 
All the loyalists, all the followers, all the workers, all the servants of the palace were scuttling here and there, trying to look for any presence of the pharaoh Atemu. However, their search was to no avail. Indeed, the pharaoh was gone, missing from his own palace.
 
Neferue soon became fuming mad at the thought of Atemu gone. I was so close to gaining the power I truly deserve, she thought. She couldn't stand the idea of having her desires crumble because of such an insurrection. She almost wanted to tear her hair out.
 
A servant scuttled nearby. Wanting to know any recent information, she called out to him. “You there,” she declared. “Is there any recent news on the pharaoh's whereabouts?”
 
The poor servant was still nervous by Neferue's anger. “Well,” the servant stammered out, “I-I-It seems th-that he is not around the palace. I-It also seems that the magician in training, Mana, is-”
 
“Is what?” she asked furiously. The mention of Mana just made her temper rise.
 
“…is missing as well,” the servant continued.
 
So, they ran off together. I'm not going to let that stop me. Neferue then dismissed the servant, who was more than happy to leave.
 
I'm not going to let her get away with this. She was going to go out and search for him. She sped off to her room, grabbed her long and dark cloak, and flung it over her shoulders, in preparation to leave.
 
The she ran over to the stables to look for her horse. Some of the workers of the palace saw this, and they wondered why she was preparing to leave.
 
“My lady,” they asked, “where are you going?”
 
“I am going out to find the pharaoh,” she scoffed. “I am not going to rely on ditty little news updates to determine his whereabouts.” Without wanting to listen to the reason of those around her, she swiftly rode off.
 
She was determined to find him, no matter long the journey may be.
 
The question was, where is he?
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
Isis watched from the balcony the conversation between the servant and Neferue. She could tell that Neferue came to same conclusion as she did: Atemu and Mana must have run off together to someplace where they could be together.
 
A look of worry and concern spread across Isis's face as Neferue ran off to find the pharaoh. She didn't know what to do. She was only one who knew of the pharaoh's dream, but she wasn't sure whether or not to alert someone.
 
Mahado noticed Isis's face. It looked as if she was hiding some sort of secret. He decided to find out. “Isis,” he began to ask, “is there something wrong?”
 
She felt a bit shocked by this question, but tried to do her best to hide her knowledge of the pharaoh's dream. “It is nothing,” Isis answered. “I am just concerned for the pharaoh's safety.” She swiftly left, the events and dilemma of the day compounding in her head.