Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Truthfully, in My Soul ❯ The Beginning of Every End ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 21: The Beginning of Every End
 
Disclaimer: All Yu-Gi-Oh! characters belong to Kazuki Takahashi. I do not own the Egyptian goddess Ma'at.
 
Atemu and Mana just stared at Ma'at figure in wonder and awe. They almost couldn't believe that their gaze was that upon a great deity of Egypt.
 
Suddenly, the goddess raised her winged hand, as if she wanted to speak and address the pharaoh.
 
“I have settled ay mystical mist upon the land, sending everyone into a deep sleep,” the goddess said in a numinous manner.
 
Most certainly, this was obvious by looking around. Everyone was fast asleep, and no one seemed to be in the mood to wake up anytime soon.
 
Ma'at continued to speak: “This mist will provide cover for you and Mana to escape, pharaoh.”
 
Atemu was surprised by this. He was raised to be a pharaoh, and everywhere, society, culture, and tradition required for him to marry a high class girl. Yet, here, in front of him, a goddess of high and infinite power was telling him to do the opposite.
 
The shock of it all made him stand still, almost unable to move. Ma'at noticed this. “You do not wish to be with her?” she asked in amazement.
 
He was quick to defend himself. “No, I wish to be with her,” he began, “but I want to know why you are doing this for me.”
 
The goddess smiled back at the pharaoh. “It is only because I want you to be truthful in your soul,” she willingly replied. “A soul cannot be true unless it is free, unburdened by a façade.”
 
Then, Ma'at's wings began to glow, a gentle light enshrouding her. When the light vanished, so had she.
 
Mana was struck by what had happened. She, too, was surprised that a goddess would eagerly use her influence and supremacy to go against the norm of Egyptian society.
 
“Ouji-sama, what are we going to do?” she asked, almost in a dumbfounded manner.
 
He grabbed her arm gently and dragged her toward the stables, where the horses lay. [Unusually, the horses were not affected by the magic of the mist]. “We'll run away again, Mana,” he replied, with a hint of glee in his voice.
 
“But, where?” she asked, with apprehension in her voice. “You were discovered in Riyah. What if someone find you there again?” Her aquamarine eyes were filled with trepidation.
 
She fears of losing me again, he thought. But she is certainly right. There is a risk in going back to Riyah. He then looked up to the starry sky. The sky was free, with no boundaries holding it back. The sky is widespread and infinite, he thought. But so is the world.
 
He smiled happily at the girl next to him. “The world is a widespread place,” he answered with provocative thought. “We'll simply go where are hearts will take us.”
 
Mana had never thought about traveling the world before. She often used to imagine how wonderful life would be like if she had wings to be free in the sky. But, to go where her heart desired was also a sign of great freedom.
 
She wanted to ask the question: “We can go around the world?” But, her heart manipulated her words. “We…can be free?” she asked.
 
He smiled back at her, and then raised his hand to lightly stroke her cheek. “Yes, we can be free,” he said to her lovingly. He then placed his hands on her waist and raised her up astride the horse.
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
As the horse sped off to some distant paradise far away, Atemu watched the horizon change around him. Mana, who was sitting behind him, stared to the sky. The sky had a twilight palette, for the sun was beginning to rise again.
 
Mana bent over slightly to whisper in Atemu's ear. “Tell me,” she began. “Do you love me?” she asked.
 
Atemu reassured her. “Mana, I sincerely do love you. Truthfully, in my soul.”
 
The sun then blazed across the sky. A day has ended, but another one was just about to begin.
 
 
The End
 
Thank you for taking the time to read my story. I hope you enjoyed it.
 
If you truly enjoyed this story, I do wish that you will keep watch for my next fan fiction, which will be a sequel to “Truthfully, in My Soul.”