Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Wake Up ❯ Crash and Burn ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Me: Finally! The third Chappie! The first time I tried to post this, my computer froze, and I couldn't get back on for like two weeks cause I went to Sara's cottage for a weekend, and mom doesn't have internet, so please don't lose interest in this story! Thankies for all the reviews people! *sniff* I feel so loved

Ryou: wow, Erin-chan, people actually like this fic! ^^ I think this chapter will be even better!

Me: It should be, I promise fluff in this one!

Bakura/Ryou: YAY!

Yugi/Yami: uh, yay?

Me: *rapping to Eminem's Lose Yourself* huh? Oh ya! We're not done yet! ^^U

Yugi: I'll do the disclaimer! M'kay, Ryou-chans girl DOES NOT own Yu-Gi-Oh, or I'd probably be dead, much to Angela's annoyance, Ryou would be the main character, and Bakura would be a softie! ^^; She doesn't own 'Crash and Burn' either, Savage Garden does…gee, you don't own much do you?

Me: -.-; quite, you

Ryou: Shonen-ai. Don't like? Don't read.

Bakura: //yami to hikari// /hikari to yami/

Me: Ryou= Regular Bakura, Bakura=Yami Bakura, Marik=Yami Marik, Malik=Marik

Yami: song lyrics are in italics

Me: this chapter is in Ryou's P.O.V.

Yugi had helped me home as well as through the door. After locating my crutches, he waved goodbye and left. Maybe my luck would hold, and Bakura had let my presence go unnoticed. Hell knew what he might do if he found out I went to the hospital. If he only…returned my feelings…for him.

When you feel all alone

And the world has turned it's back on you

Give me a moment please

To tame your wild, wild heart

The room seemed to cool down instantly, although the central air wasn't on. That meant that Bakura had entered the same room I was in. Not a good thing. I took quick refuge behind the couch. He stopped and looked around, probably for me. Even though I was terrified, something was different…Bakura didn't seem so hostile…

//Ryou?// The mind link? Why did he use that? And he's never called me by my name, much less my first. What if…he's changed?

/Y-yes, Yami-sama*?/ Out of the small crack between the wall and the couch, I could see him recoil slightly at the title.

//Please, just call me Bakura or something…where are you?//

My heart felt like a great weight had been lifted off it. /Behind…the couch./ He bit his lip gently and walked over to where I was hiding. I could see a great deal of hurt in his eyes as he saw the fear in mine.

"Ryou…"Bakura kneeled down. "I f you're still angry or scared of me…I can go into the ring for as long as you want." My eyes widened slightly. How many times before had I wished for this? But…now I felt… safe around him. Maybe I did have a chance.

I know you feel like the walls

Are closing in on you

It's hard to find relief

And people can be so cold

When darkness is on your door

And you can't take it anymore

Let me be the one to call

If you jump

I'll break your fall

Lift you up

And fly away into the night

"No, it's alright. C…can you help me up, though?" I waited for it. A kick in the ribs, a punch in the face…but nothing came, save the hand held out. "B-Bakura…thanks."

He smiled and put his other arm around my waist for support, pulling me up. I had regained my balance for some odd seconds before accidentally letting my injured leg take on some weight, and fell…right into Bakura. The force was enough to send us both crashing onto the floor. Using his developed reflexes, Bakura firmly wrapped his arms around me and twisted in mid-air so he would take the fall, unfortunately right on his shoulder.

"Itai*! Damn, that hurt! Are…you okay?" Bakura released me from his tight grip to brace his shoulder with his hands.

"Yes, thank you." My eyes had welled with tears. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to fall into you, Bakura! Please…don't hurt me." Bakura was surprised at my last comment.

"I'm sorry for everything I've ever done to you, Ryou." He paused for a few seconds "I…love you." WOAH! Hold up! Did he just say…he loved me? Bakura pulled me into a kiss. When I didn't respond, he backed away, thinking he had done something wrong. I touched my lips with my fingers, still looking awestruck. "Oh Ra! I…oh god! I-I need to go…for a walk." He rushed out the door, still red in the face. As he slammed the door I noticed that he had promptly forgot his coat.

"So he did it then. Bakura told you?" I twisted around, wincing at the pain in my leg.

"Marik? Why…are you here? What about-"

"Malik? He'll be fine. As for why I'm here, Bakura asked me to stay, probably for your own sake. Humm…" Marik stopped for a second, then looked like he had made up his mind. "Do you know about his past? Back in Egypt, I mean." I shook my head no. He started telling me everything that had happened.

"But…that's exactly what happened to me…except for the running away part. I'm curious, Marik. Does he really…love me?"

If you need to fall apart

Well I can mend a broken heart

If you need to crash

Then crash and burn

You're not alone

When you feel all alone

And a loyal friend is hard to find

You're caught in a one-way street

With the monsters in your head

"…Yes, he does. You have no idea how hard it was to work up the courage to tell you too. He must really see you as something special."

"Yeah…well I'm bit…worn out. I'll be in my room if you need anything. If Bakura comes back, please thank him for me." I yawned and headed up the stairs, though I had no intention of sleeping.

As I reached my room, I decided I had to clean up a bit. Starting with my scattered clothes and working my way around the rest of my room until I finally reached the bed. "Oh god, Bakura. If only you were here…" Damn! Now I can't even talk to him…

//R-Ryou?// Oh yeah! The mind link, Ra I'm stupid.

/Yes? I'm…why did you run away?/

//Ryou, Gomennasi*. I just…needed to get some air. Sorry if I scared you.//

/…please come home, Bakura…/

//Do ka, shimashita ka.*//

/Genki desu*, Marik told me about your past…did he really beat you like that?/

//…//

/Bakura?/

//…Hai*…// oh my god. Marik…was right.

When hopes and dreams are far away

And you feel like you can't face the day

Let me be the one to call

If you jump, I'll break your fall

Lift you up

And fly away into the night

If you need to fall apart

Well I can mend a broken heart

If you need to crash

Then crash and burn

You're not alone

Cause there has always been heartache and pain

And when it's over you'll breathe again

You'll breathe again

When you feel all alone

And the world has turned it's back on you

Give me a moment please

To tame your wild, wild heart

Let me be the one to call

If you jump, I'll break your fall…

Me: whew! All done! The translations are as follows:

-Sama=title of respect, Itai=a scream of pain in Japanese (well, duh), Gomennasi=sorry, Do ka, shimashita ka=Are you okay?, Genki desu=I'm fine, Hai=yes

Me: Now it's review-answering time! If you review had a question, I will answer it in the following Chappie, m'kay?

S. A. Bonasi: I know I already replied, but I think I also owe you an apology for being so mean and writing about it in my fic. Sorry!

Me: I know that it didn't really have a question, but where else could I put it? And I'm sorry for not updating sooner, I just can't get on the computer as often as I would like, and reading other fanfics often sidetracks me. All the ones in my favourites are VERY good, so please read them! ^^

Ryou: see ya next Chappie! ^^//