Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yami no Yume ❯ Anoche ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Hayashiba-chan owns nothing except the plot line for this A.U. (Alternate Universe/Author's Universe/Anti-canon Universe) fanfiction. No copyright infringement is intended, and if the owner(Kazuki Takahashi) of the manga/anime that this originated from requests a Cease and Desist, then Hayashiba-chan will obligingly destroy any and all type of distribution of this fanfiction. Unless this happens, however, this piece of writing will stay archived where it is.

Hayashiba-chan does not own Albert One, or any of their songs, but instead a shiny new CD with some of their songs ON it. If (Anybody) requests Hayashiba-chan to take down the link, then she will obligingly destroy all of her connections with the mp3.

For entertainment purposes only; Hayashiba-chan exercises NO control over what other people choose to do with this.

Summary: Ryou Harada and Malik Ishtar make up one of the most popular bands in history, "Yami no Yume," which roughly means "Dreams of Darkness." Ryou and Malik, despite being international idols and extremely talented (not to mention rich), are hollow inside each have their shares of dark secrets. So you can image their surprise at having four new members (forcefully?) added to their group: Ou Yami, a game-player and the World Champion of he card game "duel monsters"; Yagami Bakura, a sharp-minded, people-hating pick-pocket; Ishitaaru Mariku, a young man even colder then Bakura, but less reserved; and finally, Mutou Yuugi, a shy, quiet, and small boy who's always smiling in continual naïveté. Can these six survive together through a signed one-year contract, crazy fangirls, stalkers, each other, and each other's secrets? Possibly implied RM, officially RB MM YY and maybe others.

A/N: well, hi... ^_^ the first song used in this (a.k.a./i.e., what originally inspired this fic) is "For Your Love" by Albert One. It's an amazing song! Hayashiba-chan will provide a link to an mp3 of it, but you MUST delete the song within 24 hours. Hayashiba-chan takes absolutely NO responsibility for viewers who don't.

Here `tis:

http : / / book-design . webzone . ru / mp9 / for_your_love . mp3

Just take out the spaces and it'll be fine. And if you like it, PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE buy the album! All Albert One's songs are cool! *^^* sugoi desu neeeee!

SAH!! That took two whole document pages! :p then, let's get on with the story, ne?

Warnings: AU, TWT, OOC, shounen-ai, drugs, language, angst, maybe some fluff…depends.

~*~

"Yami no Yume"

01/20

~*~

"Great performance, boys," Kujaku Mai said, clicking her pen against the noteboard she was holding. "As usual. But as your manager, I think it would be wise if you made more eye-contact with the audience."

Ryou, one of the two teenage boys Kujaku was talking to, put on a sweatshirt that was too big for him. "Kujaku-san, you told us to make less eye contact with the audience last time." He murmured.

"Yeah, make up your mind, already," Malik, the only other boy, grumbled. He slipped into a large black trench coat and zipped it up. Both boys unanimously decided to leave their stage make up on until they got home.

"Well, I wouldn't be saying such things if the two of you would just do it RIGHT for once," Kujaku snapped. The three were backstage in a private little room marked `Yami no Yume-sama.' Ryou and Malik had just finished another amazing performance, and were currently getting ready to go "home." The boys were currently sharing a small apartment; it had one bedroom, one bathroom, one kitchen, and that was pretty much it. they lived together 24/7 due to being orphaned, stalked, international idols, and were never at their real home - a mansion in Kyoto - because they traveled around so much. Currently, they were in Nagasaki, and would be headed toward Domino City the day after tomorrow.

Home, home, home.

`If you could call it that,' Malik thought, still a little grouchy. You couldn't blame him, or Ryou; they'd been up since four a.m., and right now it was twelve forty-five p.m. Neither were really tired, thanks to the wonderful world of drugs, but they were both on edge.

"I doubt we'd lose any fans," Malik told her. "And even if we did, there's still plenty more where that came from."

"Malik is right," Ryou agreed, unzipping his knee-high (white) leather boots; it took a while, since they were covered with buckles and snaps. So were Malik's, but he chose to simply leave his (black) ones on.

"Aren't you going to wash the make-up off?" Kujaku continued, examining the two boys that made up the group Yami no Yume.

Yami no Yume were known best, perhaps, for their bad-boy Egyptian look. Their faces were practically caked with make-up in ancient Egyptian style; and they were always wearing an assortment of tight black/white leather, spandex, metal, and belts, buckles, clasps, and strings galore.

They dressed well enough to make a sadomasochist cry.

"No." Ryou said simply.

"Is the limo here yet? I just want a downer and a bed." Malik sighed, checking his wrist.

Kujaku frowned. "I'm not finished yet," she said, almost snottily. Both boys looked at her with tired, expectant faces.

"You two are beginning to lose profit."

Malik rolled his eyes and Ryou sighed. Not this again...

"And I've come to a decision. As your manager and keeper," Kujaku went on, ignoring Ryou's and Malik's obvious hints at discomfort, "I'm going to add on to Yami no Yume."

This received a couple of blank stares.

So Kujaku gave a heavy sigh and continued, "That is, Yami no Yume won't consist of just two members anymore."

Aah... that got more of a reaction.

"NAZE?!"

"NANI?!"

"YOU WILL," Kujaku went on, shouting over Ryou's and Malik's outbursts, "become a group of six. That's a good number. There have been auditions held all over, and the winners will be chosen tomorrow; so the day after you'll meet at Domino City."

Ryou was speechless.

Malik was not.

"You can't do that!" he cried, "it'll... it'll... it'll ruin our image!"

"I'm your manager," Kujaku replied coldly. "And it will NOT ruin your image. You will all portray the usual playboy ancient Egyptians. You will still be evenly balanced between light and dark." By `evenly balanced between light and dark,' Kujaku meant that Malik was dark-skinned, more outgoing, louder, more revealing, and better adapt to dressing in black; whereas Ryou was quiet, soft, timid and shy, light-skinned, and looked as though he'd be better in white. ((which is what happened; Malik got the black leather, and Ryou got the white.))

"We'll settle the costumes easily enough. I'm going ahead with the make-up team and taking care of the newbies, so that your angel-demon image isn't screwed." Kujaku seemed pleased with herself, and before anything else could be said, answered her beeping cell.

Ryou and Malik looked disbelievingly at each other.

"Boys. Your limo is here." Kujaku said, voice slicing through the silence like a hot knife through butter.

-

Back at a small apartment, Kujaku made sure everything was locked, restocked the boys with more "downers", and left.

Ryou and Malik showered and dressed for bed silently. They didn't acknowledge the other until they actually got in bed, which was a short, silent, rock-paper-scissors game to see who got which end of the bed.

-

Otras Notas: Hola! *^^* Hayashiba-chan (again)!! Just gonna tell you a few things before you read the next few chappies. Because she might forget to write `em in, and that'd suck for the readers, wouldn't it? -_-;; it might. SOOO….. here we are!

1) Ryou and Malik sing together, and their band name is "Yami no Yume" (Dreams of Darkness; Dark's Dream). Ryou, who wears the white leather and goes for the angel look, has the stage name of "Yume" (Dream) and Malik, who's the little devil-boy in black leather, has the stage name "Yami" (Darkness. But, you already knew that! *^^*)

2) there's going to be some ((SOME?! HAH!! THAT'S A VERY POOR UNDERSTA--)) ::ahem:: some angst. ^_^ Yay! We worship the angst and drama! XD

3) Ryou and Malik aren't an item, per say, but they aren't "just friends" either.

4) Ryou and Malik aren't ALWAYS on tour on tour on tour on tour, but they've never been to their "Real House" (yeah! The mansion in Kyoto! XDDD) either. They prefer to keep low low low profiles, mostly by hiding their looks in public and only getting very small, one-room apartments when they're going for concerts. Only for big big big "jobs" do they go all out, and get the most elaborate hotel's most expensive room, and flaunt themselves everywhere, etc., etc., etc…

5) "naze" = "why?/How?" nani = "WHAT?!"

6) the term "downers" refers to drugs that "put you to sleep" or summat like that. "uppers" to the exact opposite. Earlier in this chapter, it was mentioned "…thanks to the wonderful world of drugs…" Hayashiba-chan was referring to uppers. Used mostly by celebrities.

Righto. Have any questions, ask. You don't have to review, though. If you aren't going to say anything useful ((Useful [yeeew-sfull]: n. adj. Of or referring to flattery, more flattery, questions, comments, and yet more flattery that will make certain authoresses update faster.)) then the effort of clicking the little `review' button is your responsibility. ^_^ yosh! All done for now!