Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ You Can't Have It All ❯ When Dreams Come True ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh! but I do like it very much.

Another addition to the secret feelings of Mai and Joey. I forgot to mention that there is no definite time for this, but it is sometime after the Duelist Kingdom Tournament.

This is from Joey's point of view. I told you I would switch back and forth, didn't I?

When Dreams Come True
(Joey and Mai Tell Their Feelings)

I have dreamed of Mai for so long

And dreams aren't just dreams, they may just come true. Good things go to those who wait. I waited for Mai and she came. She came to me. Not I to her. She came to me.

I have dreamed of Mai for so long

I can't have it all. You're right, I can't. But I have Mai and that's all I need. Nobody can have everything. But love's all you need to get through life.

I have dreamed of Mai for so long

How long had Mai loved me? I asked her, and she told. 'I have loved you forever,' she said. How long is forever? Forever is since before the beginning of time, and will last until it the end of time and longer.

I have dreamed of Mai for so long

Why had she never told me? I asked her this, too. 'Because my bad side got to me,' she said. Her bad side. Is it possible for an angel to have a bad side?

I have dreamed of Mai for so long

She asked me, 'why didn't you tell me? How long have you loved me?' I had the same answers for her that she gave to me. 'My bad side and forever,' I told her. I hate my bad side. I love forever.

I have dreamed of Mai for so long

I love Mai. I love her and she loves me. Absolute love. For forever. Mai and Joey. Joey and Mai. Forever.

I have dreamed of Mai for so long

Mai. Sounds like May. I love May. A month when everything blooms. When everything grows. Now is the month our love grows.

I have dreamed of Mai for so long

Mai Valentine. Mai sounds like May. She is a love letter given on a day of love that tells of spring and flowers and growth.

I have dreamed of Mai for so long

When I stare into her purple eyes I am running through a field with so many violets it's like walking on a carpet. Purple violets remind me of Mai. And she lets me stare as long as I like.

I have dreamed of Mai for so long. And dreams come true to those who wait.