Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ I'll never stay down ❯ Rio the Silver Sword ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rio the Silver Sword
 
As the man takes a piece of Cyrus' clothing and wipes his blade clean of the blood Seth marvels at how easily he defeated a man that nearly killed him, Cail, and Kai.
“Who are you?” Seth tries to get up to his feet but fails and falls back to his knees.
The blonde turns and looks at him with an intense glare his emerald eyes practically glowing in the darkness, “What do you think you were doing!?” The man walks over to Seth and puts the tip of his sword to Seth's throat, “Answer me!”
Seth falls back onto his but making a small distance between him and the blade, “We were trying to kill that guy. He was killing people and he tried to kill me once before.”
After a moment of shock the blonde puts his blade away and makes a cross sign in front of Seth, “Release!” A bright light slams into Seth's body and puts him flat on his back from the impact.
He quickly stands up, “What the hell was that!” Seth, so furious with what just happened barely notices the simple fact that he stood up, “How did you do that?”
“It is a simple spell its name is, cast four cross heal release.” The blonde walks over to Cail and Kai and does the move again. Kai quickly gets to his feet but since Cail is unconscious he simply stays down but his breathing begins to even out. He walks back to Kai and Seth and puts out his hand, “My name is Rio, nice to meet you.”
Seth refuses the hand shake, but Kai takes the hand, “Nice to meet you, I am Kai, this pain in the ass next to me is Seth, and the unconscious guy is Cail.” Kai takes a moment to look at Rio, jeans and a simple black tee shirt. The thing that catches his eye though is the sword and on his left wrist a metal plate wrist band that covers his entire forearm ending an inch from his elbow and at the other end stopping at where the hand and wrist connect.
“I suspect you have some questions for me?” Rio crosses his arms and slowly sits down in the grass.
Seth looks at Rio like he is insane, “Why did you just sit down, don't you realize that you just killed someone, what is someone comes and sees you!?”
Rio nods towards where Cyrus was killed and Seth looks, there is no body. Seth runs over to the spot the only thing left of Cyrus is a small grey stone. Seth picks up the stone and he can actually feel energy coming from it.
“What is this thing?”
Rio doesn't get up or even turn around, “It is a grey stone, there are many kinds of stones in the world and most of them are either grey or a brownish color. But that is also not entirely true, most everyone has a grey or brown stone but with enough training and the right situation they can transform it.”
Kai sits down in front of Rio, “So what are these stones exactly?”
“I guess a good name for them is soul stones, they are a physical embodiment of your soul that you can already use. Also when someone of high soul energy dies their body's stone may manifest into a visible, useable, crystal shaped stone.
Seth sits down next to Kai, “What do you mean usable?”
Rio shakes his head, “Man, you two ask a lot of questions.” Rio reaches over to Seth, “Give me the stone.” Seth hands Rio the stone and Rio puts it on a necklace of his with two other grey stones, “This is what I mean,” Rio raises his hand so his palm is showing and energy begins to for around it, “This was that man's attack right? An energy ball that can to thrown or held onto that generates around the palm.” With his stone I now have his technique, as long as I keep the stone on me while I try this.” He removes the stone with his left hand and the ball stays but then he hands it to Kai and the energy disappears. “Do you understand?”
Seth nods and Kai looks at the stone and then tries to use the energy palm technique but can't.
Rio laughs a little when he sees the frustrated look on Kai's face, “it takes some practice to use the stones in comparison to using your own power.”
“So what is your power?”
Seth question catches Rio off guards and Seth just sits and waits patiently.
“My power is actually my sword, without my power that blade wouldn't cut anything because it is actually a family relic. With my power I can charge objects and in the sword's case, make them strong enough to cut through people like Cyrus with little difficulty.” Rio takes out his sword again and holds it so the blade is showing it's side. Rio tightens his grip on the handle and the blade begins to emanate a soft silver glow. “The glowing leads me to believe my soul stone is silver, that is why my group made my title Rio the Silver Sword.”
Rio stands up and puts the sword away and then turns towards the city, “I gotta go, you two should take that other guy and go home. When words reaches the right people that you killed Cyrus and have his grey stone, you're gonna get very busy.”