Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blissfully Unprepared ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's Note: so, so, sorry I haven't updated in soooo long! But my laptop was broke and I had all my stories on there. Only recently have I been able to retrieve those files. My mom's being awesomer then usual and allowing me touse her computer!
 
Anyway, I've revised this chapterand the next! My plan is to revise the rest of this story... wish is really close to being done and then continue on with the updating the chapters. So, don't be afraid to give me a shout if you think I'mslacken... I'll let you in on a little secret! I hate revising so usually I give my stories to my friends to fix and they end of keeping them and not correcting them but falling in love with them... so yeah... most of my paper copies get stolen... hehehehe
 
So... on with the revised... and in my opinion better story! Please review and tell me your opinion!
 
Chapter 2
 
Hiei sat with his back against the wall across from where Kagome now slept. She had been up most of the night making sure Kurama's family had gotten settled in. He couldn't blame her for being tired, especially not after dealing with Jiro Matamino. He had to keep himself from removing the bastard's head several time over the pass hour he had been there. If it hadn't been for Kurama and Kagome giving him warning glancing, he probably would have taken the man's head.
 
Sighing, he rested his head against the wall behind him, relaxing. Since the pass month he'd been stuck with Kagome, he found that he could actually sleep without having nightmares of his past, without being haunted by his mistakes. He could just sleep. And by now, he had become accustom to it.
 
However, this night something was off. No matter how much he tried, he couldn't ignore it. It felt as though something was in the room with them, watching them. Well, not necessarily him, but it was definitely watching.
 
He wasn't until he felt himself become the center of attention did he make the connection. With his mind screaming Naraku, he jumped to his feet and dropped into a defensive position, his eyes scanning the room for the enemy. Not even five minutes later, the roars of both Kirara and Benten filled the air telling everyone they were under attack.
 
Outside the temple, thousands of demons attack the first of two barriers, shattering it. Their battle cries filled the air, making it impossible for the occupations of the temple to hear there own thoughts. This was the reason, no one but Kagome heard Hiei's cry of surprise and pain as he dropped to his knees with his head grasped between his hands.
 
When she tried to get closer to him, an ink-colored flame that bore the Jagan's signature pushed her back.
 
“Hiei! You have got to fight back! Don't let Naraku take over again!” Though Kagome tried to shout over the mixtures of battle cries and screams of pain and horror outside, it was in vain. She was not heard.
 
~*~ In Another Part of the Temple, Just after the Alarm ~*~
 
Shiori and Jiro jumped from the bed they been given with a start. It wasn't everyday that loud cat roars woke them. Opening their bedroom door, they nearly crashed into Sasuke who was in the mist of putting his shoulder armor on and running at the same time.
 
“Follow me.” Making sure that they were following him, he led them back down the corridor that he'd just used. Reaching, what everyone called the Kids Room, he opened the door and ushered them in. “Stay in here. You'll be safe. Dachi and Kokota are already here.” As soon as he had finished talking, the roars of battle erupted, drowning everything else out.
 
Seeing as they had no other choice in the matter, Jiro led Shiori in to the darkened room. Finding the light switch, Jiro flipped it on as was immediately greeted by two large bunk beds, one on the left and one on the right wall. A young girl, who looked to be no older then six was on the bottom bunk off to the right and Kokota lied on the bed opposite of her, rubbing their eyes against the light.
 
“What going on!” Jiro shouted over the noise outside the building. When the girl, who he presumed to be Dachi, gave him a funny look, he sighed. She couldn't hear him. It was going to be a very long night, he decided.
 
~*~ Outside, with Yusuke ~*~
 
 
“This sucks! Why the hell do you idiots have to attack us at night! Why not in the morning!” Yusuke complained as his Spirit Gun took out several more of the demons. He glared at the horde when he received no answers. “You guys suck! At least you could do is answer my stupid questions!” Charging, he took several out with a few kicks and punches. “Or at least you could offer up a challenge!” Again he rushed at them.
 
Kurama stood several feet from the entranceway of the temple. Though, Kagome had a strong barrier around the compound, he wasn't taking any chances. He knew that if the barrier did fall, there would be no way to stop all of the demons that would rush the place and if that were to happen, he wanted to be able to reach his family as quickly as possible.
 
`Where are Hiei and Kagome?' His Rose Whip cut through several demons that had been trying to sneak passed him. `They should have been out here some time ago.' Jumping out of the way of a giant club, he watched with some pride as Susake's Chain Blade cut through the demons arm.
 
He had helped train Sasuke on how to use his weapon properly and, at first had been surprised by how quickly he'd picked up on in. That quickly changed though as Kagome told him that she'd seen him sneaking out at night to practice.
 
“Very good Susake!” Praising his pupil who stood just outside the barrier, he turned his attention back to the battle.
 
Kuwabara panted slightly as both Benten and Kirara guarded his sides. He was getting tried. He hadn't had a good sleep in over a week and it was starting to take its toll. While he knew that his demon companions showed little sign of their sleepless nights, he didn't have the stamina that they did. “I should've listened to Kagome.”
 
Swinging his Spirit Sword at a close demon, he could note that his sword was taking on a dark shade of orange and was a lot smaller than usual. “Damnit!” Cursing under his breathe, he started back to the safety of the barrier. He hoped that he'd have enough spirit energy to make in all the way back. Relying mainly on the two giant cats' ability to protect him, he only attacked the demons that made it pass the two.
 
~*~ Kagome and Hiei ~*~
 
 
Hiei laid Kagome out on her bed. Titling her cheek to the side, he traced the angry colored bruise that had taken up residences there. His dull eyes held a questioning look as he heard the voices in his head arguing.
 
His Jagan swirled with black and purple as Naraku and the Jagan where in a battle for dominance, either wanting to relinquish their hold on Hiei's mind. While his mind was battling to be free from both, his body was left to fend for its self, with little interference from any of them. The only thing that seemed every one had an agreement on was that Kagome was to live and not to be seriously injured.
 
Two of the three voices in his head commanded him to place his hand on her forehead. That being the strongest command, he did so and forcefully, the voices entered Kagome's mind, leaving the room eerily quiet and unmoving.
 
~*~ Kagome's Mind ~*~
 
Kagome sat in emptiness as she cupped her sore cheek.
 
That was how the Jagan found her. “Priestess…” Its voice as haunting as ever, Kagome found that she couldn't hold back the impulse to look up at the giant eye above her.
 
“Why are you in my mind?” She knew that she probably wouldn't receive an answer, but she had to ask. “You know that it is dangerous for you to be in here.” She gestured towards her head. “You could be purified.” As she suspected, the eye didn't answer her, but continued to stare down at her. “Fine, be that way!” Huffing went back to dubbing her cheek.
 
“He comes…” The eye moved so that it was hovering beside Kagome while it looked out into the deep blackness of her mind.
 
Before she could question the Jagan, a flash of white caught her attention. Turning quickly, her eyes widened and she took an involuntary scooted back. Standing in front of her, not even four feet from of her, was a man covered in a baboon pelt that she easily recognized as Naraku. “How did you get into my mind?” Though her voice shook a bit, she didn't back away from him any farther.
 
He chuckled as her expense, but decided to elaborate. “Hiei.” He said only one name and he watched as understanding flash through her eyes. “You understand I see.”
 
“Leave him alone.”
 
“Now, now my Jewel. That is no way to speak to your master. You know as well as I that I can't do that.” Clicking his tongue in amusement, he continued to speak. “You know that if I release him, I'd have to kill him. Besides, where would the fun for me?” His voice took on a mocking tone. “You know that I enjoy watching you suffer at the hands of your loved ones, being betrayed. The tears you cried when Inuyasha would visit Kikyo were priceless.”
 
“You cause all that.” It wasn't a question, but a statement. “You're the one who caused all of that.” She took another step back, as her eyes became glossy with unshed tears. “I should have known.” A sad, understanding smile graced her lips. “You really are a bastard Naraku. And here I thought you couldn't get any lower than taking Miroku from Sango and using everyone else to your bidding.”
 
Staring off in to the blackness of her own mind, she didn't realize that Naraku had moved closer until she hear him hiss with pain. Focusing back on him, she noticed that a purple light that surround his body, freezing him where he was stood. His hand was out stretched as if he were going to grab her. He was actually pretty close to her until his body was turned to dust.
 
Taking a few steps away, she locked up at the now glowing Jagan. “Why did you protect me?”
 
`He comes…' was the only answer that she received. Looking around once more, she jumped back when Hiei materialized in front of her. Before she knew what she was doing, she had her hands around his neck and had buried her face into his shoulder, seeking comfort.
 
Awkwardly, Hiei patted Kagome on the back, unsure as to what to do. After a minute or two, he spoke. “Are you alright?” He watched as Kagome quickly released him and a blush spread across her cheeks.
 
“I'm so sorry Hiei; I didn't mean to latch on to you like that. Please forgive me.” Finding her hands very interesting, she refused to look Hiei in the eye.
 
“Just answer the question.”
 
“Oh! I'm fine, but what about you?”
 
“I've been better. I believe it will be best if we returned to reality.” Turning his attention to the Jagan, he spoke. “It would be better if we finished our… disagreement in my body.” A sigh escaped him when he watched the Jagan fade from Kagome's mind. Giving Kagome a finally glance, he turned his back to her and allowed his consciousness to fade from her mind, leaving her to her own thoughts.