Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Intertwined Permanently ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
-HIEI'S POV-

I woke up, rather early, and quickly ran over to the village to observe the people, mainly the pot and the hanyou and their closest friends, in order to perhaps obtain some clues as to what exactly the ritual was, and what exactly was going to happen. Today was the day I would save the girl. Kagome. So far I had only found out where and when it was to happen from listening to a few random conversations within the past couple of days.

Once I had spotted the miko, I hid nearby and began watching her.

As the day wore on, Ihad learned a few things, here and there. first off, it was to take place by a large spiritual tree. A tree that I passed by a few times, while going back and forth between the village and my tree. I had even considered staying there, but that idea was shot down when I realized how much the humans visited it.

I had also learned that it will happen at sunset, and that they waited for three days because they needed it to be a cresent moon on the night of the ritual.

I learned a few other facts that weren't that important to my mission so I didn't bother remembering
most of them.

As I was creating the plan I didn't notice the demon slayer and the monk coming behind me, and thus was unable to do anything when they attacked and was knocked out.

-LATER THAT DAY;HIEI'S POV-

I woke up in a small dark room, unable to move much for I was tied up, and even if I could I wouldn't leave because of all of the seals that I sensed covering the whole outside of the hut." Ah, crap, this is a horrid time to be captured, not to mention that it was by to mere ningens." I mumbled angrily to myself.

"I see that you are awake, eh? Took you long enough, at least an hour, but then again my attacks are always proficient, so that should be expected, even if you are a demon." Boasted an unknown voice.

"Hn, you shouldn't be so cocky, remember you attacked me from behind, not to mention that you had a partner." Replied Hiei, regaining his emotionless mask.

" Rrr. Listen you, you aren't exactly in a position to talk to me like that, you are MY hostage, I'm not yours." Yelled the voice, obviously angry at Hiei's reply.

"I could care less, it is not as though I really have anything to live for, and in truth, I'm not scared of you at all." Hiei said looking up toward the direction of where the voice was coming from.

"Well whatever I'll get the information out one way or another. Now, Hiei, am I correct in the assumption that you are trying to help to save Kagome?" The voice questioned.

"Hn. Even if I did it is only because it is my job. it's not as though I care about what happens to her." Hiei lied, knowing that he did care.

"Why does your job require Kagome?" The voice continued with the interrogation.

"I haven't a clue as to what her purpose is. I was only told to save her and return her safely to my boss's headquarters, if you must know." Was his answer.

Suddenly the voices owner came out of the darkness to reveal the demon slayer. As she was moving toward Hiei, the door to the hut, well actually the whole left wall, burst open to reveal a man with long silver hair, one arm, elegant fuedal Japan clothing, claws, to red stripes on each of his cheeks, and a cresent moon on his forhead.

"I am here for the Tetsusaiga. Where is it, girl?" The figure asked.

The demon slayer stumbled back inmto a wall and nervously stuttered out "I-Inuyasha h-has it, Lord Sesshom-m-maru," Hiei stifled a chuckle.

"Where is Inuyasha then?" Sesshomaru asked, growing frusterated quickly.

"I don't k-know." She quite obviously lied.

"Don't lie to me girl. You, demon, what are you doing here?" Hev indicated Hiei with his sword.

" I'm here on a rescue mission for my job. I'm supposed to rescue a girl named Kagome. Don't ask why." Was Hiei's reply.

" I see, well I owe the girl one for saving Rin so here." He quickly swiped the ropes off of Hiei with his sword. " Go ahead and finish your job while I kill this girl." And with that Hiei flitted away as Sango and Sesshomaru began to fight eachother to the death.

As Hiei neared the ritual area which had probably started already he quickly wondered what Kagome would think of him if he didn't save her. ' She'd hate me.' was his personal opinion.

When he got to the ritual he saw the miko and Kagome being pulled into the jewel so without any time for thought, he to quickly ran over to the jewel and plunged in.

When Hiei got inside he looked around and saw that Kagome was by the pot and an older miko. He also noticed himself being restrained by some demon spirit so all he could do was watch and listen for the time being.

" You Kikyo and you Kagome, you are both my jewel guardians but only one can reain and your friends chose Kagome to die and Kikyo to live. So, dear Kagome, any f-final words?" The older woman spoke holding back a smirk, while Kagome smiled sadly and Kikyo smirked triumphantly.

"No, Midoriko, I don't have any. I said them all a little while ago." Kagome said softly.

"I-I see. Then on with the ritual." At this thewoman chanted a spell, and when she was finished Kagome was in the airv and was having her soul sucked out of her, as she screamed in pain.

When it was finally over, only half of her soul remained, and nonoe could survive long on that.

Unable to stand back any longer Hiei got out of the demons grasp and quickly jumped into the spell that Kagome had been in previously. When he was in Midoriko screamed at him and called him insane.

" I need you to do something for me. I need you to somehow use my soul to save her." Hiei interupted Midorikos screaming.

"Well I can do that but then there would be one too many guardians again." She replied.

"I'll bring her back to her own time so she is far away from Kikyo." He said quickly.

"OK, but I must warn you that I am going to sortive intertwine your souls. And by doing so you and her will be intertwined permanently." She warned.

"As long as she is safe and I finish this stupid job." He replied.

"Ok then. From now on you and Kagome will have a extremely large connection to eachother.One that can never be broken unless one of you is killed." And with that she performed the spell that would connect Hiei and Kagome forever.

-ONCE THEY LEFT THE JEWEL-

As soon as he and Kagome left the jewel he realized that everyone was already gone.'I suppose it's for the better.' He thought as he looked down at the still unconcious girl in his arms.'Well better get back to spirit world then.' And with that he called Botan who came, made them a portal, and left in a rush to do her job.