Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Intertwined Permanently ❯ Chapter 17

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
-CHAPTER 17-

For the past couple of weeks, Kagome had been overjoyed. She seemed to be so much more enthusiastic about almost everything, even schoolwork. She smiled a lot more, and, she even seemed to enjoy interacting more with other people. Everyone was glad she was happy, but, none of them knew why she was happy. The person she was engaged to broke up with her for one of her other friends, and she was happy? It didn't quite make sense, but, nobody asked questions for fear of destroying her joy.

Hiei, too, had seemed the tiniest bit happier. He was just a little bit less hostile towards others, a little less Anti-social, and, he seemed to not insult others quite as often. Everyone was happy for him, but, nobody knew why he seemed happier. It wasn't as though his circumstances changed, right? I mean, the only difference was Kagome, and, if he had been happy about her, his happiness would've come a few months ago, when she came. So, no one had a clue as to what was going on with him, but, no one asked questions for fear of destroying his happiness, and, for even more fear of getting killed by him. He may have seemed a little nicer, but, not by that much.

Over the past few months, everyone had grown closer to Kagome. Especially Yukina. She and Kagome had become basically best friends. They weren't as close as Kagome was to Sango, but, over time, they would be.

Hiei, though he'd never admit it, already had a best friend. The fox, Kurama. Hiei was pretty close o him, not that Hiei ever really noticed.

Thus, it was Yukina and Kurama sitting on bench discussing their thoughts about Hiei and Kagome becoming a couple.

"I think Kagome would be good for Hiei.She's always so kind, while, Hiei s rather coldhearted. Plus, he might actually talk more to others with her." Kurama added to their ever escalating conversation over their two best friends.

"I think Kagome could put up with his coldheart towards others. She seems to be pretty understanding of his feelings. She said she used to know someone kind of like him in the past, and that he had become her friend." Yukina said.

"Yes. Now the only remaining question is how this will work...?"Kurama wondered.

"For starters, we could talk to them about the other. I'll ask Kagome how she feels about Hiei, and, you ask Hiei. Then we'll have an idea as to where to start." Yukina suggested.

"Hm. Allright. let's start their." Kurama said as they stood and set off for their 'mission'.



"Kagome? Can I ask you something?" Yukina questioned the other girl as they sat on the park bench that she and Kurama had recently occupied.

"What is it, Yukina?" Kagome asked the said girl.

"Well, that is, what do you think about Hiei?" Yukina asked.

"Hiei? Well, I'd consider him very dear to me. I mean, he saved my life, and to do that, put his own in danger. Plus, he can be a pretty interesting person. I think I'd consider him one of coolest friends. Why do you ask?" Kagome answered.

"Oh, I was just curious. It was odd how you two both suddenly became happier at the same time, you know. For a while, I was thinking that maybe you two fell in love or something, so was wondering if that was true." Yukina partially confessed why they were having the conversation.

"Eh? I didn't even notice Hiei was happier. He acts the same as around me as he always has around me. Maybe he's just nicer to you, because, last night, when Botan and I were going to the store we ran into eachother, Hiei and I, and he was the same as always. Although, Botan was saying something about Hiei being kinder. I didn't catch all of what she said, though." Kagome explained.

"Then, he's always acted kinder towards you than everyone else. Maybe he likes you, hm?" Yukina joked with her friend.

"I doubt that, but, that would be pretty cool." Kagome replied.

"It would be 'cool'? So, you're saying, you like him?" Yukina asked her friend.

"Eh?! N-no! Of course not! I'm saying it would be cool because Hiei's so cold, and, everyone says cold people are unloving, and, even though I don't believe that Um, it would be cool to, um, prove them wrong. That's all." Kagome explaned, with a blush tainting her cheeks.

"Is that so? Well, I have to go Kagome, okay? Seeya later!" Yukina got up and waved to her friend.

"Bye, Yukina!" Kagome waved back, the blush leaving her cheeks slowly. 'I don't love Hiei, do I?' She wondered to herself as she walked home.



"So, are you going to answer me? What do you think of Kagome?" Kurama asked for the third time, having a much harder time than Yukina.

"I told you, nothing." Hiei answered calmly.

"I don't believe that. What do really think of her?" Kurama demanded.

"If you must know, she's just and human that I was forced to save, and one of the few who doesn't annoy me. That's it." Hiei said, leaving the room immediately after.

'So, Hiei does like her. That's the nicest thing he's ever said about a human. It's nicer than what he's saif about most demons.' Kurama thought to himself as he got up to go meet Yukina in the ice cream parlor.

-TO BE CONTINUED-

HEY! SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN SO LONG! I COULDN'T THINK OF ANYTHING TO WRITE! PLUS, I'M LAZY. SO, WHAT DID YOU THINK? PLEASE REVIEW! THEY MOTIVATE ME TO WRITE MORE. THANKS TO Gcdv, I WOULDN'T HAVE WRITTEN UPDATED WITH THIS IF NOT FOR YOU AND YOU'RE REVIEW! THANKS FOR READING THIS, EVERYONE! ONCE AGAIN, PLEASE REVIEW. FLAMES ARE, AS ALWAYS, WELCOMED. SEEYA,
AlwaysHiei