Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Intertwined Permanently ❯ Chapter 19

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho or Inuyasha

Intertwined Permanently


Chapter 19



"This burger is... good. H-how's yours, Hiei?" Kagome said, awkwardly trying to start some conversation with the stoic Hiei to help calm her nerves. She really was very nervous.

"Fine." Hiei said, trying to stop any possible conversations from starting because he didn't want to get any more nervous.

"O-oh? That's good. I wonder how Yukina and Kurama are doing? I wonder why they're so dead set on doing everything together. Ah! Do you think they're a couple?! Could they have actually come here on a date, and, only brought us along to not make us feel left out?!! Oh no! We must be ruining their entire day by being here! This is terrible! I feel so bad. Why didn't I realize?!" Kagome said very loudly.

"If that were true, then, it wouldn't be our faults. Their the ones who invited us here. So, you can calm down." Hiei said to the shocked Kagome, trying to calm her down. "Besides, wouldn't they have told us this? I mean, Yukina's your best friend, and, I'm sure Kurama would've told me. She's my sister, even if she doesn't know that."

"Well... I guess that's true." Kagome agreed calming down. Surprisingly, because of Kagome's outburst, they'd botrh forgotten their nervousness momentarily, and, started talking about their friends mysterious relationship.

"I think they're more than friends." Kagome stated.

"I guess that's possible." Hiei said. 'If you think about it, the fox does seem very fond of her, and, very protective over her. Maybe he does like her? And, she seems to spend an awful lot of time with him. More than she does with other people. Is that a sign of... love? But, Aren't I the same way with Kagome?'

"Hiei? Are you okay?" Kagome asked, concerned when a look of surprise crossed her friends normally stoic face. 'I wonder what's going on with him? I hope he's not sick or something.'

"I'm... fine." Hiei said, not really paying much attention on account of his thoughts. ' I don't love her or anything, right? Right. I mean... she's just another human who I just happen to be forced into spending time with. Well, not forced, but not because I want to, right?' Although, Hiei knew he enjoyed spending time with her. He especially liked it when it was just the two of them. He somehow felt comfortable around her. Even more than he did with the fox.

"S-so... how-how's school going for you?" Kagome asked Hiei, going back into nervous mode.

"Good, you?" Hiei replied coming back to his senses.

"Oh, it's fine. You know Hiei. I'm really glad the whole Hojo thing's over. I really didn't like him much. And, those 'friends' of mine aren't that great either. I mean, tricking me into getting engaged. That's going too far. They could've ruined my entire life." Kagome explained.

"I'm... glad for you. I didn't like that guy either. And, I definitely don't like those girls." Hiei said, disgusted at the thought of any of them.

"HaHa! Thanks, Hiei. Glad to know I've got someone on my side, here." Kagome said, laughing.

"Hn." Hiei said, he was really saying way too much today, as he always did when he was with her. Why and how did she do this to him? Why was he always so... happy to see her. Why did he always want to smile when she did? Did he really...love her?

-To be continued-

PLEASE REVIEW! THANKS AGAIN, Gcdv. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO READS THIS STORY OR ANY OF MY OTHER FANFICTIONS.
ONCE AGAIN, PLEASE REVIEW. FLAMES ARE, AS ALWAYS, WELCOMED. SEEYA,
AlwaysHiei