Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Intertwined Permanently ❯ Chapter 22

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Intertwined Permanently- Chapter 22

Disclaimer:I do not own InuYasha or Yu Yu Hakusho.


After walking for quite a while, Hiei finally stopped underneath a huge tree. The area seemed to be pretty secluded.

"Wow... It's so pretty and quiet here." Kagome commented, looking around for a few moments.

"I stay most of my nights here in this tree. People rarely come here." Hiei explained.

"Oh..." Kagome replied, at a loss of words.

"I... I'm sorry, Kagome. I know you don't feel the same as me.I... know that you don't love me like I love you." Hiei said, before letting go of her hand.

"No." Kagome said, before grabbing his hand again. "Don't be sorry. Because I... I do feel the same way, Hiei. I love you, too."

Before they could say or do anything more, a demon suddenly burst into the clearing. "Give me the Shikon Jewel!" It demanded, before using it's claws to attack Kagome.

Hiei immediately grabbed Kagome and jumped out of the way before he could get her.

"Why you!" It screeched as it punched Hiei in the jaw.

Hiei then put Kagome down in the tree, pulled out his Katana and attacked his enemy. He was able to destroy an arm before being smacked with the other, sending him flying to the other side of the clearing.

"Hiei?! Are you okay?!" Kagome called from the tree, about to jump out when the demon took her by surprise by grabbing her by the neck.

"Give me the jewel!!" It screamed in her ear.

"N...No...! Hiei... help!" Kagome managed to get out, before passing out due to lack of air.

Hiei jumped to his feet and raced over to the demon and punched it in the face, the force hard enough to make it let go of Kagome. Hiei used his speed to catch the now-falling unconcious girl before she hit the ground and put her back in the tree before running over to the demon to continue their battle.

The demon tried to punch Hiei, but, he dodged and used his sword to get rid of that arm as well. the demon then kicked Hiei hard enough so that he went through a tree.

Kagome chose that moment to wake up and get the attention of the demon by yelling, "Hiei!"

The demon then ran over to Hiei, picked him up and said to Kagome, "Give me the jewel or he's dead."

"H-Hiei!!" Kagome screamed, unsure of what to do.

Hiei kicked the demon in the gut and got out of his grasp, landing in front of her. "Stay away from Kagome!!" Hiei yelled before ripping off his arm bandages, revealing what seemed to be a tattoo of a dragon on his arm. He then yelled, "Dragon of the darkness Flame!"

With that yelled, the dragon came off of his arm and headed straight for the demon before them, destroying everything in it's path, including the demon before returning to Hiei's arm.

"Are you okay, Kagome?" Hiei asked.

"Ah! Yes, of course. Thanks, Hiei." Kagome replied, before hugging him.

Suddenly, she let go of Hiei and pulled the jewel off of her neck. "Huh...?"


-WITH INUYASHA-

InuYasha decided to make a wish on the jewel. He decided to wish Kikyo peace; in the afterlife. He decided that he was a fool. He loved Kikyo, and he still did. Just, not this Kikyo. Not the Kikyo who killed Kohaku and blamed Kagome. Not the Kikyo who tried to have Kagome killed. Not this Kikyo who was an all-around jerk.

InuYasha loved the Kikyo who was always kind. The Kikyo who helped others. The Kikyo who didn't use others for her own self. The Kikyo who loved InuYasha. She was the first person who could accept him for who and what he was. InuYasha could never repay her for that, but, he could let her soul finally stop it's wandering and rest in peace.

And so, that's what he was here for. That's why he was kneeling next to a Kikyo whose soul was leaving her body. That's why his eyes seemed so sad yet so happy and relieved at the same time. That's why he was crying. Because he loved her so much, but, he had to destroy her. He knew The real Kikyo would be thankful for this, but, he still felt extreme sadness in his heart.

He wasn't the only one there to see her off, though. With him stood Miroku, Shippo, and Kaede. All there to back him up.

InuYasha knew that he had made a lot of mistakes, especially when it concerned all of his friends and Kagome, his very best friend, but, they never left hm. He was thankful, to say the least.

"Inu... Yasha..." Kikyo murmured before completely leaving this world, on her way to the next.

"Kikyo... I love you..." InuYasha said quietly to her departing soul, before standing and turning to his friends. They all looked at him sympathetically before Miroku said, "For all of the mistakes we've made recently, I do believe that this was definitely the right thing to do, InuYasha."

"Thanks, guys." InuYasha replied with a smile forming on his face. "Thanks."

-BACK IN THE PRESENT-

"Is something wrong, Kagome?" Hiei asked worriedly.

"The jewel... It's dissapearing." Kagome replied as she and Hiei watched the last bit of the beautiful jewel that had caused so much bloodshed dissapear into thin air. "It's... gone."

"...Kagome? You said you loved me, but... but does that mean that you'll really be... happy with me?" Hiei asked.

"Hiei. I already am happy with you. I've been happy with you since we met. I'm happy that we know eachother and I'm happy that I get to be near you. I'm happy that you saved me when we met and today. I'm happy that we went to the amusement park together. I'm happy we ate ice cream together, I'm happy that we spent that day at Kurama's house together playing Sim's Bustin' Out. I'm happy that we ate together at that Chinese place twice. I'm happy that we met eachother at the grave today and that we went out to eat and discovered our feelings. I'm happy that we held hands, too." Kagome explained to Hiei. "I'm happy that our lives have been intertwined since we met. Just like our souls are."

"I'm... happy, too." Hiei said to Kagome, hugging her. "I'm happy that both my soul and my life are intertwined permanently with yours.

-THE END-

IT'S FINALLY FINISHED! MY FIRST FAN FICTION IS FINALLY FINISHED AFTER SO LONG. I FEEL A LITTLE BIT SAD, BUT EXTREMELY RELIEVED THAT I WAS AT LEAST ABLE TO END IT RELATIVELY NICELY. BUT, JUST BECAUSE IT'S OVER DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOU CAN'T REVIEW! I STILL WOULD LOVE REVIEWS! THIS WAS MY FIRST FAN FICTION AND I'M VERY PROUD OF IT, SO, PLEASE, TELL ME YOUR OPINION ON IT! FLAMES ARE, AS ALWAYS, WELCOMED.

SEEYA OR GOODBYE, DEPENDING UPON WHETHER OR NOT YOU PLAN ON READING ANY OF MY OTHER FANFICTIONS AS WELL, -AlwaysHiei