Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pain Don't Mean a Thing ❯ Here in this Wilderness. ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Heya guys! Welcome to chapter 6: Here in This Wilderness, Of `Pain Don't Mean A Thing'

Keep in mind my friends, I just thought this name up so don't kill me k? I'm here on an internet-less computer writing… in 2-3 weeks it'll get internet so I'm gonna try to catch up and write a chapter or two before then, and lucky for you all, I have nothing to do till I either get more cds or this gets internet. So here we go eh? Now if I remember correctly this is the first off the top of my head-type chappys therefore I might possibly get a few details wrong, they will be corrected, And to all of my reviewers. Thank you! Once I get Internet I'll try to respond. And this kinda sorta just hit me…. I never really set a time so while I believe it might have been night when the story started out, with one of those anime/writing only time warps in this chapter it's nearing dusk… sorry if that caused in confusion kk?
EDIT: OMGOMGOMGOMG I finnaly got this to my internet comp! >.< which is SO old that cd's with info other than mucis dosen't work on it! So I had to take it too school, and get around the school blocking system, so sorry for the long delay!

Everyone: On With Tha' show!

~* With Koennma and the unfortunate few left behind*~

Koennma's face was slowly turning the most repulsive shade of purple-red. Botan noticing the `transformation' began to get nervous and set up portals for the rest of the reitantei. Quick escape you know.

“ KAGOMEEE! GET BACK HERE!” FWOOSH! Fire was dancing among a pile of papers on his desk, the flames reflecting in Koennma's eyes. Yusuke's eyes went wide; he had never experienced this Koennma. You know the pissy man-boy version. He along with Kuwabara and Kurama looked over to Botan nervously, she was their escape. Botan nodded and a giant portal pulled them all onto the street nearest to the park that was right by Kurama's house. They all sighed in relief, for they were safe.

“Well anybody want to come over to my house and discuss this new development?” Kurama, always being the levelheaded smart one, asked turning to the group offering a delicate hand towards his house.
Kuwabara shook his head and made up some lame excuse about Ekiichi. Yusuke shrugged and began walking towards Kurama's house. Kurama threw a quick glance back at Kuwabara's retreating form, shrugged and then caught up to Yusuke as they walked towards his house in companionable silence.

~* In Kyoshibi Forest with Hiei and Kagome*~

The Portal opened about 7 feet above a tree dropping an unsuspecting Hiei and Kagome into an unforgiving tree. Hiei recovered 3 feet before they landed on the tree and landed gracefully on a strong branch. Kagome on the other hand recovered only 1.5 feet above the tree and only caught a moderately strong branch before quickly dropping onto a strong branch as her old one snapped and fell 20 or so feet to the bottom. She glared after the branch and silently would have willed it into flames if only they hadn't been in a forest.

Hiei smirked as the onna glared at the falling limb.
“Having problems onna?” He asked as innocently as he could without puking.
“Not the problems YOUR having Mr.Chibi” She said smiling. Hiei glared at her. What problems? He had no problems, and that's when he felt it, thin tendrils of power were binding him to his branch as the branch began to glow in holy powers. Soon the holy powers concentrated on one spot nearest the tree and with a loud crack the branch snapped off of the tree and he began to fall unable to move. He glared at the woman using his ice and fire powers to blow the branch she was on into itty-bitty bits making sure she fell as well. She gracefully landed the branch below her and waved goodbye to Hiei smirking as he came ever closer to the ground.

Kagome, however, was pissed, thou she didn't let on, and she was GOING to let the apparition go before he hit the ground but now watching his wounded pride would be just as fun. She smirked waving goodbye at him thinking of how much pain he was likely to be in soon. Oh yes, today she would let him slide with only that, but pulling a stunt like that and she'd make sure he got the point that she was a miko. A black rosary would look nice on him, don't you think? Or perhaps for the pure evilness of it hot pink? Yeees hot pink.

Hiei began to struggle more, the ground nearing at an alarming rate. Suddenly he stopped, midair, no more falling, but all the more bindings, he looked up to see what had caused this, and he saw Kagome looking down on him tendrils of her holy powers playing from her fingers like some demented puppeteer. He glared up at her smirking face.

`Oh poor Mr.Chibi, he's caught himself in a bind now hasn't he? How does Mr.Chibi expect to get out of this one hmmm?'

Her smirk had become somewhat malicious and her eyes gleamed in some untold evil mischief. It gave Hiei shivers, and that was saying something. Nonetheless he glared at her, just who did she think she was? Although mental note to himself to find a way to keep her out of his head.

“I don't think, I know who I am, Mr.Chibi, and unless you find being smashed on the ground a way to understand that, I suggest you apologize, unreasonable woman that I am and all, make it fast.” She gave him an expecting look, smirking as she raised the Hiei-topped branch higher. ((Hiei antenna topper!))

If Hiei hadn't been restrained he would have ripped this woman to shreds, mission or not, Koennma could go to hell for all he cared. He growled, a deep and feral sound. The response was not what he neither wanted nor expected, she laughed, which made him growl even more.

He took a deep breath gritting his teeth against the words that felt as if they were burning his mouth.

“Fine then, KA-GO-ME” His eye twitched in annoyance, “…” He couldn't say it, it wasn't gonna happen, it ground against all that he was. “Let me go!” yes that would work just fine for him, he'd feel a lot better in the next few days with a hole through his head than if he had said the words she wanted, he'd take the pain.

Kagome did the unexpected then, she sighed and smiled, not one of those fake, put-off smiles but a real smile. Hiei felt the bindings begin to loosen and he fell a short distance to the nearest suitable branch. He looked at the woman above him and jumping a bit higher, looking at her with the w-t-f face; his crimson orbs squinted in confusion. Was this woman bipolar or something?!

Kagome laughed then, long and hard, She fell back on the tree clutching her stomach as small tears leaked out of her eyes from whatever humor she had found in this all.

“ Ha, Hiei, you should haha see your face!” She pointed a finger at him that shook with her laughter. His face went blank for a moment before returning as the wtf face 2.0. “You know Hiei that was sadly predictable, I would have dropped you if you had actually said sorry, you didn't seem the kind, I let you go because you said my name. Ah, I forgot how much fun torturing demons was though.” She wiped away the last remnants of her tears and yawned, standing up on the branch.

Hiei only blinked at her, suddenly feeling a sense of foreboding, it would be hard watching this woman, of that he was sure, he'd have to stay alert. “Training” he whispered smiling a small smile to himself as he turned and jumped down to begin preparing the clearing they had been dropped off in.

Kagome watched in amusement as the koormie whispered `training' oh yes that would be fun, maybe she could convince the pinecone-head to train her with his katana, she had a limited use with such and swords were considerably more sturdy than bows and arrows. She jumped down and went further into the forest to find firewood and such.

`Onna where are you going?' Hiei's sharp mental prod made her stop for a moment then continue on as she responded aloofly.
`It's called a name, use it' she bent down picking up a few pieces of wood then straightened and continued walking deeper into the forest.

She could practically hear Hiei's sigh `Kagome'

`Why, how nice of you to ask Hiei! I'm off for firewood, if you must know'

This time she did hear his sigh. `Fine stay close' he bit out. If she went too far and one of Naraku's lackeys decided to join them he might not be able to help her in time. She seemed to have a certain weakness with Naraku and her father.
`Ok' she agreed, no need to fight on this one, if anything her bickering with Inuyasha had finally taught her which battles to give up, this being one of them.

After 30 minutes of collecting a full load, bringing the wood back and then going out for more Kagome brought in her 5th load and sat down by the fire Hiei had started as she walked in the clearing. Fire demons were helpful ne?

“So who's hunting?” The question startled Hiei but he quickly recovered. He hadn't expected the onna to think of something like that.
“Have I been given a choice?” he asked dryly, women didn't hunt.
“If I asked who then yes, I'll hunt I've got no problem with it, I'm not an average girl from this tim-uh- well from Ningenkai, Hiei.” She gave him a bored look silently waiting for his answer. “I doubt you know how to kill anything with out one of your human contraptions, which to my knowledge you don't have on you.” He snorted ignorantly. “You mean a gun? No I don't have one but yes I am perfectly capable without.” She said indignantly. “I'll hunt” they both said it at the same time, Hiei flinching hearing her voice so obviously intertwined with his own.
“No, I will” Again their voices mixed.
This time Kagome sighed, this was while amusing, it wasting what light they had.

“Fine since you insist, you hunt, I'll clean the catch and cook, fair deal?” Kagome asked already knowing he'd say yes. Hiei gave her a skeptical look, eyeing her, looking for some kind of con but after finding none he `hned' and nodded as he sprinted off into the surrounding forest. Kagome smiled; again, she seemed to be doing that a lot lately.

While Hiei was off scaring and tormenting the helpless creatures of the forest Kagome busied herself with the small task of finishing camp up, and then boiling a pot of water, gathering herbs for flavor and otherwise preparing dinner without the main ingredient. It wasn't too long before Hiei returned with a sizeable catch of 3 rabbits and 2 fish. The fish surprised Kagome, she had known the river was close but she hadn't even considered that factor when getting the herbs. Hiei only raised one of those delicately curved eyebrows at her as he dropped his catch, blankly staring at her.

Kagome sighed rolling her eyes as she began to clean the first rabbit. “ Leave it up to you to catch the one thing I didn't think of when gathering herbs, Hiei” Hiei's blank face stayed firmly intact, fish and rabbits seemed normal enough to him, what did the onna mean?” Kagome rolled her eyes again pointedly looking at Hiei as she attempted wiping a small lock of hair out of her face and only succeeding in whipping a smudge of blood on her forehead. “On the first Hiei, if you're not guarding your thoughts please use my name, and on the second, I wasn't thinking of the river, I expected you to bring back some rabbits and maybe a deer, not fish.”

Kagome had efficiently sliced and diced the first rabbit and was begging on the second moments after she spoke. Hiei to say the less was surprised, most ningen `mountain men' couldn't clean that fast, he lightly wondered how she had learned to accomplish such so fast. Not that she was any better than him or many other demons that is. Hiei's time to reply with some witty comment had passed and so he stood their silently watching her clean and gut the second rabbit while battling against the stubborn piece of her hair that was quite apparently bugging her considerably, because in all her attempts she only succeeded in wiping more blood on herself. By the time Kagome was done with the second rabbit Hiei was transfixed with the blood on her forehead.
It was now bugging him, giving him the ludicrous thought that Kagome looked so… dare he think it, (no) that Kagome was `pretty', had it been a painting he would have stolen it for his own private collection. He would have stolen in even if it had been painted by the lowliest ningen, and Hiei hated that thought, that this scene would forever be in his mind, something that he could never have, save only in his memories. So transfixed with Kagome and her painted forehead was Hiei that he never even noticed the fact that she had finished with the rabbit and fish, and that she had stood looking at him questioningly.
Hiei was finally brought out of her daze when Kagome waved her hand in front of his face. He blinked once or twice as his mind becoming once again aware of his surroundings and the words that Kagome was saying. “-Hello? Hiei? Ningenkai to Hiei! Having fun in lala land? As I was saying, I'm going to get a few more herbs I'll be right back ok? You are now being returned to your nightly viewing, we are sorry for the inconvince.” Kagome's voice took on an announcer-ish voice at the last sentence. What the hell had she meant? Nightly viewing? Hiei was just at a loss, which fully brought him crashing back to reality “What is that supposed to mean onna? Is that some human thing?”

Kagome smiled as the apparition came back to earth, the little space cadet had been off among the stars for awhile. (That was an uber fun sentence) “Nothing just ignore it, I seem to bee a little hyper after finally getting back into the forest. I tend to get abit weird when I'm hyper.” She shrugged and then weakly smiled offering her excuse. After another silence, which Hiei had purposely tried to make uncomfortable to Kagome, Kagome rolled her eyes lightly flicking him in the forehead. Hiei growled again and harshly grabbed her wrist, giving her his best death-glare.
“Do not touch me onna, you did not ask, nor did I give you permission.” He threw her wrist down like it burned all the while glaring. Kagome's hands went to her hips, like she was either annoyed or about to scold him. She glared back defiantly and with an angry mocking tone (if that's possible) spat out “Well excuse me, Mr. High and mighty, but can I please flick your forehead to get your damn attention?! God what the hell is it with you demons? Seriously, it's like you all try to piss me off sometimes!” Hiei nonchalantly replied
“It's called a name, use it” poorly imitating her voice. While Hiei's exterior was calm and aloof inside Hiei was grinning like a childish idiot over using her own words against her. Kagome glared at him sneering. “ Oh yhea, now I'm scared, he can throw my own words back at me, big deal!” Kagome turned her back to him and began to stomp her way into the forest for the herbs she needed, when Hiei grabbed her shoulder and spun her around to face him. Hiei was right up in her face fury clearly written on his face. How dare she turn her back on him! He had killed greater people for such an insult! She would do well to remember he did not take disrespect lightly.
”Onna, do not turn your back to me!”
Kagome returned his glare coolly not flinching in the least. Then after only a moment she sneered contempt burning brightly in her eyes. “Ooh, look I think I made wittle chibi mad” Her voice was mocking him in that stupid `baby talk' that humans seemed so fond of. Funny, it didn't amuse him one bit. Hiei glared at her and used all of his will power not to slap her for her ignorance. Kagome must have seen something in his eyes for her own gained a far away look and her lips lost their sneer and turned into a small neutral frown as she whispered. “You know, he- he looked at me like this, and then…” Kagome stopped and Hiei smelt salt, the onna was about to cry yet she smiled, but this smile was not happy, no it was that self-hating sad smile people never expected from one such as her. Hiei flinched; he did not like tears, not one bit.

Kagome's eyes dulled further looking more like Kikyo's than her own. She did not cry, she did not talk, but she did remember, and lucky Hiei she wasn't guarding her mind very well.
The first thing Kagome thought when she saw the rage in Hiei's eyes was of the angry crimson of Naraku's right before his half of the jewel was taken and added to her own. The second thought was of moments before when Inuyasha had looked at her with that pure unrestrained (or barely so) rage, because she had deliberately put herself in harms way to protect an innocent bystander who had been caught up in the battle.
Then he had yelled at her and her stupidity, she being as she was yelled back and during the distraction Naraku took the chance to attack. He aimed his evil tentacles for Inuyasha's heart, and he'd have killed Inuyasha too had Kagome not giving him the small warning. Nonetheless the wound was fatal, Inuyasha lasted through the battle, and then no longer, his will to live gone and his soul drawn by Kikyo's dark arts.
Kagome snapped out of her memories and immediately threw up her mental barriers throwing Hiei out painfully. She glared at him once more, and stood their holding her ground. While she was mad, she would not disrespect him for being curious, it was her own damn fault anyways. Hiei snapped back into his own mind almost cringing from the pain, it took him a moment to find his bearings but once he did he saw that Kagome was about ready to run, the other thing he noticed was the anger behind her eyes. That anger was not directed in a safe place though, it was directed at herself, most likely for letting her barriers down and letting such valuable information through.

Hiei with his lightning fast thinking skills thought of a way to at least change the subject abit and dismiss her without angering her further, he did not know how much control she had over her powers in a state like this. He of course being the prideful demon he was gave her a disdainful glance before speaking. “Fine, Kagome, you may touch me to gain my attention and no more.” He would be kind, just this once, even though the idea bothered him. He didn't even let Kurama or Yusuke touch him constantly, nor did either of them honestly have his permission. Now this onna, whom he had just met, had gained this. The thought was preposterous and annoying, but he had already said it, and words couldn't be taken back.
Kagome's entire aura changed again and she smiled and bowed slightly to him. “Thank you.” Those words, simple as they were, hit home, he hadn't heard those words from many people in his life, not quite so sincerely, like she put her whole heart behind those words. Yukina was the only other who had said those words to him like that, yet for some reason this did not bother him. What did bother him though, was his sudden urge to smiles back. The urge was small but that alone set him on edge.
Hiei opted for a curt nod to acknowledge her and then silence. Kagome sighed and tried to blow that persistent strand of hair out of her face only to have it come crashing back down in the middle of her forehead. She rolled her eyes nodded back to Hiei and turned to go collect the herbs for the fish. Hiei watched her go with a mild fascination, and then, against his better judgment, followed her into the forest as she collected her herbs. It didn't take her long and every movement she made was sure and precise and soon she had her herbs and she headed back to their camp.
Hiei was surprised when she didn't flinch when he jumped down from the tree he had been watching her from and then landed next to her, matching her pace and walking her back to camp in a companionable silence. She did however smile and slow her pace abit, her quick and sure steps becoming lazy and comfortable. Once again Hiei resisted the urge to smile, though he wasn't sure if it was the urge to smile or rather growl, how was it this woman could be so at peace with him? He was a murderous blood-bathed demon and here and now she let down her guard with him.
Nonetheless Hiei matched the lazy stroll and rested both his hands on the back of his head in a very Yusuke-ish fashion. Here with her this once he would let the calming waves that rolled off of her subdue him and he would put his guard down just abit. The walk back, which at Kagome's first pace would have only taken 2 or 3 minutes, took them about 5 or 6. The whole way neither said anything, both of them not wanting to break the peace that had enveloped them both. Kagome and Hiei both enjoyed the 5 minutes through the quickly darkening forest.
When they got back to camp Kagome silently went to cooking the food preparing the food with and experts care, using less spices on Hiei's knowing that demons did not enjoy them quite as much as humans seemed to. Kagome made a fish and a rabbit for both leaving the other one without any spices what so ever. Hiei on the other hand sat down 3 or four feet away from her and watched as she did everything with and experts grace, and took and appreciative notice of the way she prepared his own food. After a good 10-20 minutes the sun had left this side of the earth a barren black and had left both Hiei and Kagome with a fine meal.
Kagome being as practical as she could be sometimes pulled her camp-ware plates from her pack and loaded Hiei's up first served him his (to which she got a muffled `thanks') and then served her own. Once again they ate in near silence, the only words breaking it being an `It's good,' from the oh-so-silent-one. The minutes ticked by in the sounds of a forest, the chirps and cricks of random bugs the occasional croak of a frog and the seldom call of a night bird. The night sang all around them but they did not add to its melody lyrics. Hiei quickly downed his eating the fish first and then tearing into the rabbit. Kagome on the other hand took her time and when she noticed that Hiei was almost done with the rabbit got the other one and set it on his plate. Hiei looked up at her a bit of food hanging out of this mouth question in his eyes, he looked like a your school boy to Kagome, who of course smiled and resisted the temptation to giggle.
“Are you not going to eat it?” Hiei asked food still in his mouth and he hungrily chewed away. “No you seem a lot more hungrier than I am, I can make some ramen later if I get hungry, you go ahead and eat it.” Her voice held the utter conviction that it had earlier when she had said `thank you.' He looked at her skeptically; she was pretty skinny as it was. “Are you sure?” Kagome let out a slight laugh at his display of concern, though she doubted that he realized just what exactly he was doing. “Go ahead Hiei, I'm quite capable on my own”
He quirked his eye brow at her and then slightly shrugged to himself as he began to eat the rabbit. It was cooked rare, just the way he liked it. This woman was smart, and while her cooking held none of the finesse and such that Kurama's held It was just as good, if not better, she was a good cook, she knew a demon's palate, or at least his apparently. Kagome silently took he last bites of her fish and then set her plate with the rest of the dirty dishes, she'd have to go wash those in the river tonight. To which she mentally sighed, she hated doing the dishes. Hiei quickly finished as well but refused to give Kagome his plate instead opting for picking up the rest of the dirty dishes.
“I believe it's my turn to do the work, too make it fair and all.” He called over his shoulder aloofly as he headed to the river. Kagome half-heartedly rolled her eyes and went to go fetch something from her bag before following him. “I know you just rolled your eyes Kagome.” Hiei stated somewhat playfully. Kagome smiled back mischievously and replied in an innocent tone, “But how? I do believe your back was turned to me Hiei!” You could tell that the ignorance was an act. “I'm physic, Kagome, you cannot fool me!” Hiei declared in an equally phony arrogant voice.
“Really?! I didn't have the slightest clue! And all this time! I though you were just a mind reader!” Kagome couldn't help but laugh at this; the laughter illuminated the night and her eyes, which shone brightly in the darkness now. Hiei didn't laugh but he did slightly chuckle before catching himself and discontinuing the act. The rest of the way was spent in a playful mood yet neither of them talked.
Kagome was amazed, she was amazed that Hiei would let down his guard this much and be so playful with her! Hiei was actually making voices and acting…well goofy, and theirs two words that you've hardly ever seen in a sentence before Hiei and goofy. Soon Hiei and Kagome reached the river.
It was a beautiful sight, The moon was viewable from here, The wide gap in the trees providing a look at the clear sky, The moon was almost full and the edge that wasn't fully illuminated was rimmed with a dull silver so you could see the whole moon. The bright moonlight reflected off of the clear blue water making it seem as if it were a river of moonlight instead of 21st century river water. And the grass that was vibrant green in the day was a washed out silver/olive-green. The Sky was clear and most all of the stars shove brightly in contrast to the dark blue/black of the night sky. Small purple flowers dotted the clearing surrounding the river and they too were bathed in the moon's beauty. The whole place seemed so surreal. Kagome could have sworn she had never seen a place so beautiful by moonlight.
Fireflies Danced above the water and in the clearings letting their own little lights shine. The whole thing was rather romantic actually, oh how Kagome wished Sango and Miroku could be here instead of her, and she just knew they would love it. Kagome went and sat against a tree that faced all of the beauty she could see and then got out what she had brought with her. A pencil and sketchpad. Only Sango, Miroku, Rin, and Sesshomaru knew she drew. She didn't tell or show many people, because she didn't think she was all that good. She glanced over to Hiei who was simply staring at her with wide eyes. When their eyes met he looked away and she was sure that she could see a tinge of red on his moon-washed face.
The more Kagome stared at Hiei the more transfixed she became. He looked almost angelic in the moonlight, his whole body bathed in the light of the moon accentuating every muscle and fine feature about him. His garnet eyes shining bright against the silver liquid that seemed to cling to him. A silver fire seemed to dance in his eyes. “Hey, Hiei” she whispered without knowing it until his name had passed her lips. He looked over too her his eyes entrancing her almost to breathlessness.
“Forget about the dishes for now, just enjoy the sight, it wont last forever you know.” Once again her voice was a whisper but here in this clearing where even the crickets seemed to hold their breath any sound other than the quiet babbling of the water carried a long way. Hiei looked at her then the dished and then nodded standing up and going to the nearest tree and stood leaning his back against it as he gazed into the moon.
Kagome was sure she was under water, she couldn't breathe. The sight of Hiei standing there like that was just so stunning. He had abandoned his cloak at his feet as he let the slight breeze glide over his skin. His hair swayed gently in that breeze, and the small edges of his shirt lifted ever-so-gently in the wind as the wind created waves across the material of his black silver-bathed shirt. Hiei's eyes held the fierceness of a fighter, alert and ready to fight, the cold hardness and yet they held the sorrow of his curse, of his birth, of his life, one where he had been alone all his life, an outsider. His bandaged arm was only in his pocket by a thumb and the angle of his body suggested that he was in a relaxed state of fighting awareness, relaxed enough to be carefree but ready to rumble at a moment's notice, like a cobra, It was like a lazy-yet-deadly pose a deadly beauty. His bare arms glittered in the silver of the moon and the moon caught each and every single curve, highlighting his muscles in every way, making them look thin and deadly and he truly looked surreal. He held himself with a grace that no other could come close to, an air of aloofness. He looked like a god, crowned and haloed by the moon, a deity of death, of beauty, of perfection.
Kagome had to draw him, while at first she was going to draw the landscape; he was just so much more beautiful out here in this place. So for about 30 minutes Kagome furiously drew on her sketchpad catching ever-minute detail, shading and then filling in the beautiful scenery that seemed to pale in comparison. When Kagome was done and she looked at the finished picture she almost gasped. Everything was exactly the same; it looked as if she had taken a picture with the most expensive wondrous camera. She was amazed her that she could do something so beautiful. She would make sure to frame and preserve this picture well, But until then Kagome safely tucked it away and began to sketch the scenery as well and then once finished with that she re-sketched it but added a majestical dragon into the middle of the picture. All in all it only took her about 50 minutes to complete all of them, which had to be a record for her.
Soon after Kagome had finished drawing him, Hiei had began to stare at her as he noticed her beauty. The soft light from the moon made her soft skin look like ivory, and it glowed in a ethereal light. Her eyes were focused and determined as she worked she hair gently teased by the wind to frame her face making her look even more angelical. Her sapphire eyes danced with the silver of the moon, as if inviting the beauty of the moon to play with her. The few shadows that the tree cast on her only served to make the light highlight all of her curves in all the right places. It was them that he noticed the 2 magenta stripes on the back of her neck that ran vertically. They seemed to Soak up the moonlight and then glow in them, which almost seemed to spread to her face, accenting all the petite curves of her delicate face. Her clothes rippled in the wind making her seem as if the wind caressed her and only her. To him she looked like a goddess had just graced him and this earth with her presence.
Hiei blinked and shook those thoughts from his head, becoming infatuated with Kagome could never lead to good things, she would reject any advances, and she would reject him. Just like everyone else had. No, he would not act on these…feelings; ones that he did not readily recognize, But Hiei could forever keep this image in his mind for all eternity. That he could do, that he would do. He watched hungrily as Kagome Stood up and stretched. Lust, that's all this was, yes, and he would remain firm in that belief! Hiei stared away as Kagome turned to him yawned for a moment then bent down to put her sketchpad on the ground. Kagome then proceeded to brush off the grass and such that clung to her clothes. Kagome turned her torso this way and that popping her back and then leaning against her tree in a similar fashion as Hiei, only her hands were behind her and her battle readiness was less evident. Here eyes held a myriad of different emotions, determination and sorrow being the most forth coming, while happiness was only slightly shadowed. Hiei's eyes softened, and he could do nothing to stop it, as he let a small smile grace his perfect lips.
He closed his eyes and let go raising his face to the moon letting the breeze ruffle his hair and throw leaves at him, he didn't care right now, he felt so totally at ease that he forgot all about his surroundings and danger and such. Kagome stole a quick side glance and saw Hiei looking at her with a soft look and then he did something she thought she would only dream of seeing, He smiled, and then he closed his eyes and tilted his head up as the wind picked up and swirled silver/amber leaves around him, and yet he seemed not to notice nor care. Suddenly Kagome stood up straight, as quietly as possible and began to slowly walk over to him as if in a trance each step measured and heavy with a purpose that is being denied. Soon Kagome stood in front of a completely relaxed and angelic Hiei. Which shocked her even more. He looked so peaceful like that; she just wanted to touch him. No, she couldn't! What would he think of her then? After all she had seen, after how much he had opened up too her, he would turn her away, and she knew it. Heck she would turn her away; she was a nobody, not worthy of him, not worthy of anyone. He would close up and she would loose what little she had of him, the real Hiei.
She was so close to him though! Perhaps he was too far off in lala land that he wouldn't notice. Of course he was! All those leaves were hitting him and yet he didn't flinch. He must be in side himself or something, unaware to the world, right? So close, too just reach out and touch him, that's all she would do, touch him, feel his soft warm skin under her fingers. Kagome bit her lip and then, propelled by some unknown force, she caressed his cheek lightly running her fingers over his angelic skin at first and then more wanting to feel more of his beautiful person. Kagome was by then so lost in the sensations coursing through that she closed her eyes and failed to notice Hiei's eyes go wide.
(Ooooh how tempted I am to leave it there! You're all lucky I said I was writing 7,000 words!)
Hiei was so lost in himself that he barely noticed the warm feeling on his check, and then he became more aware of the feeling, he came rushing back into reality and he felt the wind begin to die down but the warm feeling didn't, it felt like a hand, and then he opened his eyes to find Kagome caressing his check with her silky soft hands. Here eyes were closed so she didn't know he was aware of her presence he slowly lowered his head and looked straight at her. The wind finally stopped and silver/amber leaves began to fall all around them framing her already beautiful body with more beauty, she looked so much more amazing up close, just like a goddess come to earth, he was sure of it.
Hiei felt himself loosing himself into those sensations of her silky, soft, warm, hands gently caressing his face. He closed his eyes for abit biting back the urge to return the gesture, surely she would pull away disgusted. He fought and fought against what his body was telling him to do until he lost and pressing his cheek into her hand reached one of his hand to fan over her cheek softly dragging his calloused hands over her perfect skin. His fingers began to burn with the desire to feel more of her, but he contented himself to her cheek and chin He closed his eyes again letting her image linger on his eyelids. How beautiful she looked with his hand on her face. Gorgeous was too weak a word to describe it, beautiful was to weak as well, no words could describe how good she looked, not goddess, not perfect, nothing, no word existed, save maybe one, Kagome.
Ever so slightly they both slowly opened their eyes at a slow rate, both's heart rates picking up more and more as they nervously opened their eyes both somehow aware the other was doing the exact same thing.
The Winds picked up once more and swirled violently around them, the air seemingly made of silver moon, the purple petals and amber leaves draped in it and slowly but surely both of their aura's wound it's ways into the whirl wind, black bleeding into silver and the dark crimson of Kagome's aura creating a beautiful display of colors. Finally both Hiei and Kagome's eyes snapped open and the whirlwind melted away as if sliding down a canvas leaving only air behind. The crimson and black of Kagome's and Hiei's Aura pooling together at their feet mixing in an entrancing concoction of black and blood red. The pool began to contract slowly in on it's self. Thou the disturbingly awesome display went unnoticed as Kagome and Hiei only stared at each other their hands frozen into the others faces, both to afraid to break this trance, wary of the consequences that would come of it and the obvious pain that would follow. Good memories turned into bad and then to worse. Their joint horror story.
Kagome stood stock still a blank look on her face to hide the fear of what was to come once this silence was broken. Would she loose Hiei? Would he close up on her and sever their ties? Would he be angry, and turn those eyes that brought back painful memories, on her? Her heart beat faster and faster, she was so sure that her heart would beat itself right out of her chest before anything happened at this rate. At least their would be no consequences to that, well not big one's anyways.
Hiei could feel a small bead of sweat roll down the back of his neck and his heart jump about and flutter wildly in his chest. He stayed as still as a statue, determined to not let this lull ever end if he could help it. He calmly and slowly morphed his face into a mask of complete and utter indifference. He would not let her wake from her daze. Because right here and right now he had her, he could touch her, feel her soft skin and warmth, but after she rose from this trance he would never get to touch her again, he would never feel her soft skin in his hands ever again. For she would turn him away like all the others. He would be rejected and have to stay at a cold distance from her for the rest of her and his life, for the rest of this mission, forever.

Suddenly something snapped, they both drew their hands away from each other and took a step back, their fear reaching its climax. What would happen now? Who would be the first to talk? Why, what had possessed them to do such a thing? What kind of fools were they?! Kagome was the first to move after that, she hung her head in shame her eye's downcast as she bit her lip once again. Hiei then took another step back and clenched his fist. Through the hair that shadowed her face, Kagome could see his fist clench and braced herself to be hit. Hiei had thought Kagome had hung her head in disgust and hate; she hated him now of that he was certain. Kagome hated herself right then, she disgusted even herself now, she was too lowly for even Naraku to want for a whore, she felt her thin frame begin to shake in rage at herself.
Hiei saw Kagome begin to shake and he could only imagine it was in rage at him for touching her in such a way, He felt tears prick at his eyes for the second time in his life, oh how he loathed himself now! He should have been slain at birth like he was supposed to have been! Then he would not do such stupid things! What a fool he was, and idiot and imbecile, He was not even of a high enough standard to the Kuwabara's handmaid. He was a disgrace to demon kind!
Kagome felt tears come to her eyes, how sorry she was! How she wished she could take back the monstrous act she had just committed! Hiei's and Kagome's Tears fell at the same time Hiei's crystallizing into a silver tear gem, while Kagome's miraculously also hardened into a silver tear gem. Hiei and Kagome both looked up at each other at the same time Kagome first begging and then Hiei.
“I'm sorry! Please Hiei-dono, forgive me, I was wrong!”
“Kagome-sama! I'm sorry, I should never have touched you in such a way, forgive me!” Kagome and Hiei blinked at the same time, looking at each other with confusion and both mixing their voices at the same time once again. (More or less)
“Why (the hell) are you apologizing to me?”
Confusion was so clearly etched onto their faces it would have been humorous had the situation not been as such. “Hiei, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have touched you like that! I was out of bounds! Please forgive me!” Kagome got on her knees and bowed and she said this, and Hiei's look was incredulous. “What the fuck do you mean? I'm the one who shouldn't have touched you like that! Forgive me!” Hiei practically yelled making Kagome wince, but nonetheless he pulled her up to his level. Kagome blinked and was silent for a moment and Hiei calmed down some as she thought. “Wait, so I touched you, then you touched me, right?” Hiei nodded “Then we both wanted, theirs nothing for either of us to be sorry about. Ok? You did nothing wrong” Hiei nodded in understanding and smiled letting out the breath he didn't know he was holding. “An you have nothing to be sorry for either.” Kagome nodded. Relief washed over the two like tsunamis.
The two tear gems which had fallen earlier had stopped 3 inches above the contracting puddle of aura and combined making a tear gem of many different colors and then as Relief washed over the two the tear gem hit the puddle merging with it. The puddle pulsed out wards and expanded to Hiei and Kagome grabbing both of them and sinking them both into its depths

~~~~~~~
Well, Their you go, Chapter 6!!! It's sorta a cliff hanger but I'd have rather left it off at the other part… you people are so freaking lucky. So this was my everything-all chapter. A little bit of comedy, some fluff, angst, drama, and I'd suppose mild suspension at the end… although I know what's gonna happen so It's not bad for me… ^.^ Try to guess what I have up my sleeve

OK. To the reviewer who commented on my grammar, yes I really do realize that it's awful and horrid but all I have is a spell check and please know that I'm trying my best so bear with me here. Any who, it's over 7200 words for the story only, not these bits that I write at the beginning and end. Right so enough babble. Review if you want the next chapter! I already have it started with action so I'll be more want to write it but when I'm done I want just 3 measly reviews by the on ff and media miner 3 for each! Don't think I wont do it! So song with me!

Enjoy the silence- Depeche Mode
Words like violence
break the silence
Come crashing in
into my little world
Painful to me
Pierce right through me
can't you understand
Oh my little girl
All I ever wanted
all I ever needed
is here in my arms
Words are very unnecessary
they can only do harm
Vows are spoken
to be broken
Feelings are intense
Words are trivial
Pleasures remain
so does the pain
Words are meaningless
and forgettable
All I ever wanted
all I ever needed
is here in my arms
Words are very unnecessary
they can only do harm
Enjoy the silence

Minna-san: AND THE CREDITS ROLL!