Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ the funeral of genkai ❯ meeting the family ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The funeral of Genkai

Yusuke Urameshi stood in the back of Genkai's funeral. It was a small ceremony, held outdoors. The weather that day should have been sunny. It was pouring rain, reflecting the feelings of those there. The sermon ended, and the guests got up to tell Genkai's family how sorry they were.

Blast you!" yelled an old man at the coffin. " Why'd you have to go and die you old hag?" Yusuke was getting upset. None called her old hag but him. The rain began to pound harder, lightning flashed, and thunder sounded nearby.

"Come yusuke, we should enter the house," said Kurama. He, along with the other guests ran into the house, save one. A young girl around Yusuke's age stayed behind. He watched her from the porch she didn't move she just stared at the grave.

A woman of about 30 walked up next to yusuke. "Kagome always was close to her grandmother. Even closer than I was. Her own daughter."

Yusuke looked up at the woman. Genkai had a family? The woman continued on, " I under stand that you were mothers last student?" she waited for him to nod. " I was wondering if you could get kagome for me? She doesn't have an umbrella or jacket, or anything. I don't want her to become ill." The woman handed Yusuke an umbrella.

Kagome stood there in the pouring rain not caring about the cold. She simply stood there, her tears mixing with droplets.

"I need your help now more than ever grandma. The shikon jewel was completed, now InuYasha is a full demon and he want's to give my soul to kikyo. The well is sealed, but it won't last that long. Why couldn't you finish training me?" someone walked up to kagome and put their arm around her. She didn't know who it was, but she didn't care. She simply allowed it to guide her back to the house.

Inside the house, the old man continued to yell. Yusuke was slightly more understanding now this time. "That old hag! She was a terrible wife and mother. The only one she ever cared about was herself! But when kagome was born! Oh! A horde of demons couldn't stop her from seeing that girl! But then she had to up and die before kagome's training was done!" the spirit detectives ears perked up. He looked at the girl next to him. She didn't look like much, but he could tell she had a great amount of spirit energy. It was like the energy was damned up though, looking for an escape.

Kagome began to shake while her grandfather spoke. `No! He didn't know what she did ! What she went through to keep him safe!' kagome stood up suddenly and walked back out side.

"Now look what you've done dad! Kagome?"Called the woman from before.

"Don't worry," said yusuke, standing up. "We'll get her."

"I'm not getting anyone!" said Hiei.

"Perhaps you should talk to her, being Genkai's last pupil," said Kurama.

Yusuke looked at his friends. Kuwabara was stuffing his face, Hiei had hidden, and Kurama had gone to talk with Mrs. Higurashi. `I don't wanna go by myself! Oh well.' Yusuke followed kagome through the door she'd gone through. He saw some one turn a corner. Thinking it was her, he followed.

Kagome felt some one following her. `Oh god! InuYasha can't be here! I just resealed the well! I'll just lead him on a little chase.'

Kagome turned corner after corner, with yusuke following. Kagome finally got fed up. This definitely isn't InuYasha; their power is too much. Maybe it's that boy who trained with grandma. I'll scare him'

"This stupid girl. Leading me on a wild goose chase! Now I don't even no where I am!" yusuke yelled turning the corner. He found himself with an arrow aimed right between his eyes. "Hey! Be careful with that!" he yelled.

"Why have you been following me? If you think that there's something I can teach you , you're wrong. I've only been trained in miko energy. Not spirit energy. Grandma didn't want me to learn that. Said I wasn't a fighter." Kagome pulled the arrow back farther. " Now why have you been following me?"

"Because, um, could you put that arrow away? It's kind of hard to answer with it pointing at my head." Kagome took the arrow away from his head and aimed it …shall we say lower? "Uh, your mom want's you back in the house is all. You know what? You are really scary when you're Mad." Kagome peered at him for a moment, and then took away her bow. "Hey, do you think you could show me how to get back to the house? I kinda got lost."

Kagome smiled wickedly. "No you didn't, I just led you around the back. The doors right around the corner."

Zorrita: yay! I've done it! Kagome yusuke fic!

Yusuke: Ya know, she doesn't really look all that bad in her uniform.

Kagome:what's that supposed to mean?

Yusuke: only that some uniforms are ugly.

Zorrita : you just like it cause the skirts are way hiked up!

Zorrita: alright everyone. I'm trying to decide if a should keep this a yusuke/kagome story where Inu and kikyo die, or if it should be an Inu is just under a spell story, but Kg ends up loving yusuke anyways damning Inu to eternal hellfire. Vote and let me know.