Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction / Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ Chicken Soup for the Anime Soul ❯ Yami: Reawakening ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh! Be happy.

~ Chicken Soup for the Anime Soul ~

~ Chapter Four: Reawakening: Yami ~

Yami's POV

I opened my eyes, surprised to see something that wasn't a void of darkness. I blinked, and the person in front me blinked as well. Leaning closer, I let out a sigh of laughter at my foolishness. My reflection did so too.

It had been awhile since I had seen anything, and I was not going to waste a moment of the precious time that I had. I wasn't sure if the body I was possessing now could contain me any longer. The previous host that I had three hundred years ago had passed out five minutes after I inhabited his body, and never woken up.

I stretched, marveling how I could feel my body stiffen, and then relax, and how soft my skin felt. My fingers trailed over the arch of the bedpost in the room, rubbing at the rounded corners. I lifted a leg, and then the other, and began to walk around the room. Pure bliss.

As I felt the sheets on the bed, a memory tugged at my brain. A soft, silky feeling tingled through my digits, and up to my brain. This definitely was not caused by these sheets. I let out a sigh of frustration now, running a hand through my spiky hair. I had to admit, the new host bore a striking resemblance to me, but… I scowled, sizing myself up in the mirror again. I was short. Joy.

******

Five minutes later, I sat on the edge of the shorter one's desk, swinging my feet and thinking to myself. I had just been sorting through my host's mind, and I had discovered a bully, and his demand. How fun. After all, I want to get out of here, and see how the world has evolved now. If I'm lucky, I'll be back in Egypt. Hopefully.

Jumping off the desk, I spied a sort of brown bag with two straps on either side. A large bundle of paper stuck out from it. I picked it up, and ruffled through it. Money, I think. Looking at the numbers printed on the sides, I added them up. 200,000 yen… Today is my lucky day!

My mind started whizzing through penalty games that I had played before, and I quickly combined two together. The `Knife Game' and the `Paper Pauper Game'. The Millennium Puzzle around my neck flashed, and a knife appeared out of nowhere. Hey, if I had magical, mystical powers, who said I couldn't use them?

I turned knob on the door, and proceeded to slink down the stairs. I didn't want to wake up his old man…Or grandfather. Whichever one. I can't remember.

I suddenly paused. I still had to contact the thug somehow! Looking around the room that was occupied by couches, as well as a sort of black box, I noticed a huge yellow book. The writing on it wasn't in Egyptian, so I couldn't understand it. Oh well. I heaved a sigh, and ruffled through the pages. A particular name caught my eye, or rather two. Kaiba and Ushio. I noted the first name of Kaiba's, which was Seto… Set… Shaking my head, I memorized the numbers next to both Kaiba and Ushio. I reached for a rounded rectangular object placed next to the yellow book, and punched in the numbers for Kaiba. Maybe the thug's last name was Kaiba.

*******

Seto's POV

The phone in my living room rang, and I let it ring. Whoever was calling was obviously a dimwit to call the great Seto Kaiba. Besides, all my business associates knew to contact me on my cell, and Mokuba was upstairs, sleeping.

~ We now flash to Mokuba's room ~

Mokuba giggled, punching in random numbers on his phone. `I hope they don't have caller id.'

~ Back to Seto ~

My left eye twitched as the caller called again and again. "Hello!" I snarled.

"Greetings. Does a certain thug live here?"

"Are you implying that I am a thug?" I bellowed at the phone. "Who in Ra's name is this, anyway?" Wait. Why the hell was I swearing on the sun god of Egypt anyway?!

The caller briefly paused. "I'm a student at Domino High, and there's this thug who's also a hall monitor… Does he live here?"

"No, you've got the incorrect number. You're looking for Ushio." The faster I got rid of the idiot, the faster I could finish planning how to hack into Industrial Illusions and crash their server… I mean finish my homework!

"Oh. Well, thanks. Seto, was it?" The person hung up.

"Wait. What's your name?"

There was no sound from the other line. I shrugged. Back to hacking and causing bankruptcy! I mean, solving this simple math equation!

~ Back at Yugi's house/store ~

Yami's POV

Seto Kaiba. I grinned. I'd have to meet this character sometime, he sounded really intriguing. But first… I dialed in Ushio's phone number.

There was a mechanical voice on the other line, babbling about unavailable people and a beep, followed by a beeping sound. Might as well try.

"Ushio. This is you-know-who." Well, actually, I forget the name of my host. Ha… "Meet me at Domino High right now." I paused. "Be there."

I skipped out the door, gently easing it back in place so not to awaken the older man. The night sky was unusually… Bright. I stared around at the setting. Light upon light was illuminating the city. Okay… So I wasn't in Egypt. Darn.

Now, where's Domino High again?

**********

I smirked at the form walking towards me. It took him enough time. I had just used my shadow powers to transport me here, as well as to conjure up an extra 200,000 yen.

"He he. So Yugi, you finally decided to give me the money."

His name's Yugi? Oh, right! I'll keep that in my mind.

"Don't like your clothes-"

Excuse me?!

"-But that's all right."

It'd better be.

"Now hand over the money." Ushio held out his hand, palm-side up.

"I'm sorry," I said. Yeah right. Yami never feels sorry for anyone. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I coughed mentally. "You'll have to play a game with me, Ushio!"

I explained the rules to him, and we began.

Rules:

Each player takes turns using a knife to stab and collect the money. The pile of money, consisting of 400,000 yen, is placed on the person's hand. So, there is a danger of being hurt, but… WHO REALLY CARES?! I DON'T! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

"GAME, BEGIN!"

I went first. Taking a deep breath, I stabbed a few bills gently, and collected them. Not much, but still, better than stabbing myself. Or Yugi, I guess.

"Oh yeah! I got so much!" That fool Ushio managed to collect a large amount… perhaps too much.

This game was getting tricky. The knife in my hand had gotten almost all the rest of the money. Ushio was about to lose. I could see that he was nervous, and… I quickly jumped out of the way, before the knife met any part of my body.

If it did, would I have died?

All right. This game was getting way out of hand. Besides, it was my turn. I quickly stabbed the rest of the money carefully. Don't ask how. I won.

"PENALTY GAME!" I used my shadow powers again to create an illusion to suit Ushio. "Have fun."

And anyway, I had all my money back, plus another 200,000 yen. Lucky, lucky, lucky day!

I think I'll stick around more often. Yugi's body does seem to be able to support my soul, and I still want to meet Kaiba. Screw Egypt! I'll return later. Egypt was never this fun.

******************

Third Person POV

After defeating Ushio, Yami skipped away, a wad of cash in his had, to the nearest mall. A winner should have his reward, right?

~ The next day ~

Yugi's POV

I watched as Ushio jumped around the school yard, screaming `money! Money!' I felt a tug of satisfaction and smugness that definitely wasn't mine. I had blacked out last night. But the strangest thing was, when I woke up, I found five different leather outfits in my closet. Weird or what?

I think I'll sell them.

Yami's POV

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO!!

He can't be serious. That leather shirt was the only that I look hot in! And those leather pants cling to my body just right! Yugi can't be serious!

Yugi's POV

I met Jou later, and we became friends. I guess the Millennium Puzzle did come through for me!

Yami's POV

That's right. I helped you. You owe me one, Yugi. So you can't sell my leather clothes!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I took a deep breath.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHAHA!

~ End of Reawakening. For now… ~

millenniumspirit: I don't know why, but I had fun writing this chapter. Probably because I haven't written for almost a month. -_-;;;;;

Anyway, I'm typing up a YuYu Hakusho chapter for this fic. It's about Hiei and Kurama, and they have to go to a regular school in the mortal world for a day. Involves ketchup, blood (?), super speed, bwahanoitis, and more stupid stuff.

It'll be up next week, I hope! Check back then, and please review. If you want to.