Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ "Don't Catch Me." ❯ Chapter One: Back to Normal? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Don't Catch Me"

A Yu Yu Hakusho fanfiction

Me: Welcome to Part III of the Relations series!!!

Hiei: What happened to taking a long vacation?

Me: It's not happening any time soon, Hi-chan.

Hiei: Damn.

Me: Anyway… If you are a first time reader, I strongly recommend you read Friends and Unpaid Vengeance first, but it's up to you. Also, I suggest you read the one-shots related to this series for the purpose of getting to know the characters. They are Lifting the Darkness, Teamwork, Dance a Little Dance, and The Shadows That Haunt Us…

Hiei: Okay, well, get used to hearing from us because we do this EVERY chapter. Standard disclaimers apply…I'm sure you are all smart enough to figure out what isn't from the show/ manga.

Me: Please enjoy!!

-Three weeks after the events of Unpaid Vengeance-

-Somewhere in the Makai-

`Sir,' a servant youkai bows as he enters the room to speak to his liege.

`What is it?' the lord asks, gesturing for the demon to rise.

`We just got a report in. Ryudo is dead.'

`Oh?'

`And a demoness with white hair killed him.'

The lord raises an eyebrow, `Did you research further?'

`Yes, milord,' he hands the lord a large file, `She is currently living with her new husband, Hiei the swordsman, in Lady Mukuro's territory.'

The lord smiles after scanning the file, `We've found her.'

He throws the file onto a nearby table and laughs. A picture falls from the side of the file, jostled from it's paper clip from the folder's impact with the table.

It is the Reikai's file photograph of Kiru.

-Mukuro's Territory-

The sound of steel clattering against steel draws Hiei's attention away from his squadron. He turns towards the source of the sound to see both Kiru's and Mukuro's squads watching as the two spar, probably in example.

He watches as the two land on the ground, their daggers knocked to the side from the force of their last attacks.

Hiei smiles as he watches Kiru spring up, a mischievous light in her eyes. After a long period of both spiritual and physical recovery from her incident with Ryudo, both her strength and her youki were back to their normal levels, and continuing to grow every day.

He frowns for a moment as he remembers that her mental recovery isn't quite done yet. Although it had gotten better over the past four months, Kiru still refused to tell anyone of the majority of her newly re-acquired memories. At least she had conquered some of her demons- she had put her torture aside. But not without a scare, Hiei thought she had gone insane when she was dealing with it. But now she is back to normal and slowly adjusting to the idea of having her memories as a part of her everyday life.

He chuckles as his attention is brought back to the battle by a sound of disgust from Mukuro as Kiru questions whether she plans to get up or stay on the ground.

Mukuro draws herself up, `Ha! Just biding my time! Now then, either you're holding back or just getting rusty, because I've had cramps that hurt worse than that love tap!'

Kiru grins, `I was holding back. Just wanted to even the playing field, Mu-chan!' She grabs a shuriken and toys with it before enchanting it and tossing it towards Mukuro.

Mukuro knocks it away and frowns, `Getting a little cocky, aren't you?'

`We'll just have to see, now won't we?'

With that, Mukuro charges Kiru. Kiru dodges her punches and delivers a counter-blast of ki. Mukuro blocks it, and is pushed back several feet.

`Was that supposed to be an attack?' Kiru mocks playfully, `I've felt winds more powerful than that!'

Mukuro clenches her teeth and gathers an energy bomb. `I'll show you an attack!!!'

She releases the bomb and Kiru produces a ki shield to protect herself. But this leaves her vulnerable to attack from the rear.

Mukuro's got her now… Hiei thinks as he watches the game play out.

Mukuro sends another bomb behind Kiru and watches with a smirk as it hits the cocky demoness, sending her careening into the ground several meters away.

`Uhhn..' Kiru winces as she gets back up. `Hn, that was unforgivable, Mukuro,' she says with mock-severity as she builds a fireball, `I'll have to hurt you for that!' Kiru smiles as Mukuro's face pales and her eyes widen at her words. Geeze, I'm not really gonna hurt her…Why's she so scared? Then Mukuro starts to point towards something…

`Kiru look out!!!' Hiei's voice rings out, drawing Kiru's gaze. He is racing towards her, yet keeping an eye on something behind her, right where Mukuro is pointing.

Looking around, she sees the squadrons running away. She raises an eyebrow at their odd behavior. What the hell is going on? But her thoughts are interrupted as strong, scaled arms grab her from behind, locking a ward around her in the process. `Nani?'

She cries out as she feels her feet being lifted from the ground. She struggles against the grip, `Let me go!!' She feels the ward around her activate and she cries out, `Hiei!!'

`Let her go!!' Hiei calls as he draws his sword. Damn if I'm going to let something take her away from me just when I got her back…

`I'm afraid I cannot do that,' the demon says, trying to calm the youkai captive in his arms. `It's time to take her home.'

--

Me: That's it!!

Hiei: Can't you ever end with something that isn't a cliffhanger?!

Me: No.

Hiei: (falls over)

Me: (grin) Okay please review and I'll update soon!! Ja ne!