Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ 1000 word's ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

[Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Yu Yu Hakusho characters, I mearly borrowed there names for my own personal use. I don't wish to gain anything from this]
 
 
1000 Words
 
I know that you're hiding things,
Using gentle words to shelter me,
Your words were like a dream,
But dreams could never fool me,
Not that easily.
 
As Kurama lay on his bed he was thinking about the conversation he and Hiei had before he left for Makai. He remembered how Hiei told him everything would be okay, that he would be back in no time. Kurama didn't believe him though. The only reason Hiei ever gets called to Makai is because Makuro wants him to do her dirty work and her dirty work is usually to dangerous for anyone else but the fire demon. This time was no different… it had been a month and the fox had herd nothing from him. As Kurama rolled over he began to drift into sleep.
 
I acted so different then,
Didn't say goodbye before you left,
But I was listening,
You'll fight your battles far from me,
Far too easily.
 
[Flashback]
Hiei began to climb through the fox's window as he did every night… but this night was different. “Fox…?” he asked as he entered.
“Hello love, how are you this evening?” Kurama replied smiling, as he got up to kiss his fire demon. Kurama's kiss was returned with a quick peck from Hiei as he went and sat on the fox's bed. “I have to go back to Makai. Bandage face has an assignment for me.”
The smile on Kurama's face faded quickly. He turned away from Hiei and stared at the wall. “If you have to go, go. I understand… its your job…” “I'm sorry fox, you know if I had a choice I would stay here with you right?” “I know” Kurama replied, turning around and giving Hiei a small reassuring smile.
 
Save you tears cos ill come back,
I could hear that you whispered as you walked through that door,
But still I thought,
To hide my pain while I turned back the pages,
Shouting might have bin the answer,
What if I cried my eyes out and begged you not to depart?
But now im not afraid to say what's in my heart.
 
“Ill only be gone a few days at the most. I don't want you to worry about me okay?” Hiei said as he began opening the window. “I know, I know, you're a big boy, you can take care of yourself” Kurama said giving Hiei a cheeky look. Hiei jumped onto the tree branch outside his fox's window. “Goodbye fox, ill be home before you know it.” Sitting on his bed, staring at the fire demon through his window Kurama said “I love you Hiei… be safe.” “You too fox” and with that, he was gone.
[End of flashback]
 
Oh a thousand words,
Call out through the ages,
They'll fly to you,
Even through I cant see I know there reaching you,
Suspended on silver wings.
 
The fox tossed and turned in his sleep that night before waking abruptly, sweat dripping down his face. He looked at the clock; it was 3 in the morning. He lay there staring at the ceiling for about half an hour before he noticed it was raining. Looking out the window staring into darkness, he began thinking of Hiei. He was starting to worry about him. He also missed him; it had been so long since they had seen each other. After about 7 minutes a dark figure appeared on the tree branch outside his window. He flung the window open in a flash as his lover practically fell through the window. “Hiei your back.. what happened to…” He began as he stared at the fire demon, the extent of his wounds. “Im sorry fox, I should have been back sooner.” “Shh that doesn't matter right now, all that matters right now is me treating your wounds.” The fox said as he reached for the first aid kit.
 
“I love you fox… im sorry.”
 
“I love you too Hiei.”
 
Oh a thousand words,
Call out through the ages,
They'll cradle you,
Making all of your weary days seem far away,
They'll hold you forever…
 
One thousand words.