Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Christmas For Hiei ❯ Party Time ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Six.

At the Minamino house, the door bell rang. Kurama walked over to the door opening it to see the bright smiles of Yusuke and Kuwabara. "Should I be scared?" The youko asked humordly. "Are we early?" Yusuke asked, stomping his feet on the mat outside before slipping his sneakers off and Kuwabara did the same before entering Kurama's house.

"Not at all, I was just getting some boxes out so we could decorate the tree." Kurama explained, leaving them at the door to continue what he was just doing. "Can you help me unknot these beads," The youko asked pointing to a pile. "it's the same problem every year."

"I can help you with that." Kuwabara said sitting himself by Kurama grabbing a handful of the beads. "You know, Shizuru and me always loop them then tape off the ends that can come loose." The red head explained and Kurama nodded. "I should try that this time." Yusuke who stayed by the door looked at the two and smiled. 'Yeah, we're definitly doing the right thing by staying here,' He thought.

Joining them, Yusuke grabbed the largest knot and started in at the end. "Sit back and watch the master at work." He was saying. "I used to get the knots out of my shoelaces all the time when I was a kid," He bragged. "Which in his mind is still going on." Kuwabara said jokingly but Yusuke just blew it off.

There was silence as the three worked the knots from the red, silver and gold beads of balls, leaves, and harp holding angels. Yusuke took the tip of one shaking it up and down lightly watching some of the beads drop away from the pile, Kuwabara was picking at the center of the problem to try to pull them free and Kurama gently tugged the beads away from each other seemingly making more progress than the two.

"Gggrrrr!!! Stupid beads." Yusuke grumbled slipping a bit into his mouth to try it that way. "Would you like something to eat?" Kurama asked, standing up. "We have milk and cookies or maybe some alcohol free sake?" He offered.

"I'll pass on the drink part." Yusuke said, still bitting down onto the strip of gold. "Kuwabara?" Kurama asked. "Yeah, I'll take some of each thanks."

"I'll be right back." Leaving the room Kuwabara leaned forward whispering to Yusuke. "You didn't happen to see Hiei wandering around here anywhere before we walked in did you?"

"No, why? You scared of him?" The spirit detective grinned impishly. "No," The red head was taken aback. "I just don't exactly wanna get on the guys bad side that's all."

"Look if you're nervous about being here, we could go. I'm sure Kurama would understand." Yusuke was saying. "And Botan and Koenma are gonna be here pretty soon anyway and Hiei, if he doesn't crap out on him." His lovers face sank a minute and he shook his head. "Gee, when you put it like that I don't wanna desert a friends invitation or nothin'."

"Aaahr," Yusuke groaned falling back. "Make up your mind will ya!" He shouted at him.

"About what?" Kurama asked walking back in with a tray full of treats. "Thanks, this looks great." Kuwabara said helping himself. "We were just talking about the party tonight that's all."

"Oh." There was silence a minute then Yusuke cleared his throat. "So uh, you think Hiei will show up?" He asked. "Do or don't I'm fine with it." Kurama answered, "It's not as if I'll be alone." Taking a drink Kurama couldn't help but think. 'I mostly hope he'll come.'

* * *

"Are you sure this is what you want the card to say Hiei?" Botan asked as they walked out of the library. "I could always make it better." He paused in his steps and glared at her, making her words jump back into her mouth and she covered it. "Not that yours isn't just as nice." She squeeked out. Hiei only narrowed his eyes at her further then turned away disappearing.

"Whoo!" Botan relaxed against the banister of the concrete staircase. "Never again Botan." She said to herself then checked her watch. "Oh shoot I'll never have enough time to get ready for tonight." Sitting on her oar she floated into the air a short distance and disappeared as well.

* * *

That evening. Hiei climbed into Kurama's window as quietly as possible then he walked over to his closet opening the door. The darkness in the room hid him perfectly, incase any one did walk in no one would have known he were even there. The plastic bag that concealed his present was just above his head. He blinked wondering what it was, taking note in the size of the box.

A tiny fanged smile appeared on his face. 'Even after all I said the fool got me something.' Hiei thought. He was tempted to look and see what it was but he backed away hearing the door bell ring, walking over to the window he looked down below. It was Botan and Koenma. 'And I'll bet Yusuke and his ugly friend are already here.' He thought clentching his fist.

"That won't spoil my plans," He said out loud and walked back into the closet taking the box off the shelf. Hiei ran his finger tips across the delicate wrapping paper that Kurama had picked out. He could smell the sweet scent of Kurama's hair coming off the paper and up into his nose and he held the gift higher for a better whiff then lowered it smiling. "You really are a stupid fox," Looking around the room then back at the gift, the devil himself would have blushed into giggle at the smirk on Hiei's face.

Downstairs. The small group is sitting down for the dinner Kurama had prepared for them. Inhailing, a smile on her face Botan patted Kurama on the shoulder. "That smells wonderful Kurama, you did a lovely job." She complimented the spread.

"I've been cooking it since this morning." Kurama was saying. Kuwabara was rubbing his hands together licking his lips with Yusuke and Koenma right beside him drooling over the large slab of pig meat in front of them. "So we can dig in right? We're not waiting on anybody?" The red head asked getting closer himself.

"Help yourselves, I'll just be bringing the rest of the dinner over to the table."

"Here, I'll help you." Botan said, standing up and following the youko into the kitchen. "Kurama?" Botan started. "Tell him and you die." She heard Hiei's voice saying and she spaced. "Ah hahaha." Kurama cocked his head then smiled at her. "It's Hiei isn't it?" He asked and she caught herself from a fall.

"Noo, noo. I just forgot what I wanted to say that's all, I'm sure I'll remember it later on." She reassured her lie. 'That should give me enough time to think up something.' She thought. "So what can I bring in?" Kurama handed her a large pot of chicken and dumplings. "Myy this is a heavy pot." The grim reaper stated.

"It's Hiei's favorite," Kurama explained. "I made enough for thirds if he wanted it, no matter how much Yusuke, Kuwabara or Koenma may eat." Botan made a happy sound and lead the way back into the dinning room. To their surprise the food that was already set down wasn't gone, and the three were actually arguing about who got the end piece of the ham.

"I'm Lord Koenma, to some meager spirit detective and a goof ball." The grown up, but youthful sounding toddler stated, referring to Yusuke and Kuwabara. "Do you know what that means?"

"Yeah, it means you'll never get it past that binky junior. Me and Kuwabara were here first and since I did have to go and get him, I should get the end piece, first come first serve." Yusuke was saying back.

"I don't really care what piece I get just as long as it's the biggest." Kuwabara commented. "We brought dumplings!" Botan announced holding the pot out like a prize getting a room full of, "Aaaaa." The blue haired woman placed the pot on a heating wrack. "At risk of having the less popular choice," Kurama was saying raising the lid. "peas in the pod." He set the pot down beside the dumplings.

"Man, if I don't eat now, I'll eat my arm off." Yusuke was saying. "No need to turn cannible Yusuke." Kurama was saying as he took their plates to serve them, using a carving knife and poking fork he sliced into the large ham, cutting a generous piece for each guest.

Upstairs Hiei had the box open and the contents were scattered on the bed. "What, does he think I stink?" He asked the air, looking over the candles and incence. 'At least my gift is usefull.' The fire demon thought. opening each thing individually. 'I'll show him what a waste of time this all is.' Hiei thought.

......................

The small group was in the living room now, working on decorating the tree. "This whole thing is so weird." Koenma was saying while he placed a santa climbing out of a chimney on a tree branch. "Why would anyone want to hang things on a fake tree?" Scooping down to take something else from the box he looked at a little naked baby holding a harp and he made a weird face.

"I hardly see the holiday cheer in this display." He held it out for them to see and Yusuke laughed. "What's the matter junior, see some family ressemblance?" "Ha ha ha." Koenma laughed sarcastically.

"Kuwabara quit poking at the presents, and give us a hand." Botan said. "Guh, what? I was just trying to see which ones had my name on it."

"You can worry about that tomorrow, plug up the lights." Botan pointed to where the plug lay dormant. The four of them backed away and looked at the tree with the lights on. "Ohh how lovely!" Botan beamed. "Yeeah, better than the one at my house, but something's missing." Yusuke said 'Yes, Hiei.' Kurama thought.

The spirit detective was looking through the boxes then he pulled out a gold star. "Here it is," He walked over to the youko. "Kurama, you put it on, it's you're house." Handing it to the red head he smiled a thank you and took it. "Well I was kind of hoping we'd all be here when the star was on top." Kurama was saying while placing it on top of the tree. "But we seem to be missing someone."

'What in the world could Hiei have been planning that he's not here right now?' Botan was wondering. "I wouldn't waste my time worrying about Hiei, he's not here and we are so lets just make the best of it."

"Yusuke!?" Kuwabara and Botan said.

"What?" The spirit detective shrugged.

"Have some manners." Botan replied. "Yusuke's got a point, no since in dwelling on absents." Koenma was saying. "So what's next?" He then asked.

Kurama checked over his list. "Now we watch Christmas videos."

"Cool, I recorded Charlie Brown's Christmas the other day." Kuwabara crawled across the floor to his bookbag and pulled out the video. "See." They all grabbed their blankets from their bookbags and climbed onto the couch while Kuwabara popped the tape into the VCR. "Who would wanna watch a video about some kid named Charlie Browns?" Koenma whispered to Botan.

When Kuwabara joined Yusuke on the couch, Kurama noticed that Botan and Koenma were sharing a blanket on the couch as well. Sitting down in the lazy-boy arm chair, Kurama sank himself down into the seat as if he were trying not to be seen. After a half hour Charlie Brown went off and Kurama changed the tape since none of the others seemed to be mobile at the moment.

A Christmas Carol started up next. Botan and Koenma were fascinated in the movies content where as Yusuke and Kuwabara were making out as though they were the only ones in the room and the scene only made Kurama want Hiei more. 'Maybe he isn't the master of the obvious? I should have told him how I felt.' The youko thought. 'Then maybe I could be part of the gathering.'

Thump. Something upstairs fell and Kurama looked at the clock over the television. 'Almost twelve,' He noted. 'Hiei must be coming to my window by now.' Looking at his friends seeing they were more than distracted Kurama stood up and walked to the stairs. The first thing he noticed was the scent. 'That smells like the candles I bought for Hiei.' Opening his bedroom door the youko's mouth dropped.

The room was lit up with the candles he'd gotten Hiei for a Christmas gift, the incence was burning gently in the little plastic cup Kurama left his- now removed- pencils in and all he could do was gape. 'Did Hiei do this?' He wondered, looking at the window, shockingly it wasn't opened. A small smile appeared across his face as he walked further into the room looking around at how nice a job his little friend had done.

There was a card resting gently on his pillow, along with the males charm from the gift set. The youko's fingers were almost too afraid to touch it as he reached out and took it off his pillow. Sitting himself down on the bed he opened the card and read.

You Stupid Fox,

Was it so hard for you to just come upstairs and forget about that stupid ningen holiday?

I suppose so, if you want to sit around with Yusuke and his dumb friends. If there's anything to say at all it's that you're never going to wise up and listen to me for once, maybe then you'd learn to listen a little clearer and realize that maybe it isn't so bad to have someone around to talk to you with out letting the world know you're doing it.

And keep up with how fast you tend to run, so you don't have to worry about leaving the idiot behind, and watch your back when you're in a fight......

I haven't seen your crummy human gift yet but I'm sure it's better suited for you not me so keep it, I on the other hand gave you something a little more practical.

Kurama blinked to that, looking around for where he may have left it, and looked back at the card to see if he wrote it down inside.

It's under the matress stupid.

Reaching beside the bed he felt around and pulled out a small box. Unfolding the fabrick, he pulled the box free and opened it....It was a small box of seeds, four different kinds and Kurama smiled taking one of each in his hand, then he looked back at the card.

Whenever you decide to come to your room leave the window opened.

Kurama looked over to his window then got off his bed to open it. And read.

Don't bother looking for me though, I won't be there.

'Oh.' Kurama thought letting his enthusiasm slip. "Stop embarrassing yourself you stupid fox." Kurama looked a little surprised when he turned around and saw Hiei across the room and with the blink of an eye, he was right in front of him. "Hiei." Was all Kurama could say before the little fire demon pressed his mouth to the youko's.

Kurama was stunned at first then he realized what was going on and he joined in the akward but gentle kiss. When Hiei backed away he scoffed but there was a tiny smile on his face. "What's so great about that anyway?" He asked. Kurama was too busy calming himself down inside over what had just happened. Did this mean that Hiei wanted to be with him? Or was it simply something he thought all humans did on.....

"You didn't finish reading the card." Hiei mentioned and Kurama held it up into the light. "Oh of course."

Now that it's midnight you can stop complaining that I wasn't here to say Merry Christmas, my fox.

Hiei

The End

..........................

Hey guys, it's Yusuke and I know a lot of you have been wondering what's been goin' on with me and Kuwabara lately like why is he so bent on getting in my pants. On the other hand maybe you're not.

I must have become the worlds greatest lover because now Hiei is coming to me for sex advice!

I don't know who put the word on the street but this spirit detective hasn't exactly been bed hopping ever- oh what the hell I'll just wing it if any one asks or comes knocking. Believe me, you won't wanna miss the next Yu Yu Hakusho