Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Behind Demon Doors ❯ Prisoner ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
For those of you still confused (ahhem, josh) Vampires in this story are a type of demon. And I wanna have Hiei sleep in a bed, since they cant do anything in a coffin. And yes it hurt Hiei’s eyes when the moon shone in them, but its not gunna burn his eyeballs out. After all, its just the moon. Lastly, Yukina, Yusuke, or Kuwabara will probably not be in this story, unless I decide to put them in there somewhere, no.
Hope I havent talked to long, enjoy this next chappie! ^_^
________________________________________________________________________ _



Hiei sat in an armchair in the confines of his room, combating his boredom with reflections on the previous hunt. It had only been he and Mukuro; she refused to let the others come with, yet promised to bring them back an adequate meal. They had not been there for long, though he would have liked to have stayed longer, Mukuro persisted they head back and give their followers the meal she had promised them. It wasn’t as exciting as usual, but it was sufficient and Hiei hoped that the next time he could ‘convince’ Mukuro to take along the rest of the vampires, seeing as it was much more fun to hunt in a pack. Maybe next time they would bring back a live human to torture and play with, or to become a servant at the castle. Hiei was startled out of his thoughts about servants and humans when Mukuro walked through his door uninvited.
“What is it now Mukuro?” Hiei asked, knowing it was her without seeing.
“I’ve caught you a prisoner. He was snooping about the castle, but it’s no reason for commotion. I just wanted to see how you were.” She smiled haughtily at him as she came around the front of his chair and stood in front of him. Hiei didn’t say anything, just stared at her as before, and she was about to sit on his lap, but he rose from his chair abruptly, and took her by surprise.
“I’m going to see this prisoner.” He stated calmly, heading for the door.
“Why,” Mukuro whined at him, grasping his arm and pulling him gently toward the bed. “There are so many other, better things you could be doing than wasting your time on that ningin.”
‘A human?’ Hiei mused, pausing in his step to think ‘This may be more entertaining than I thought.’ Mukuro mistook the pause in Hiei’s step, and seductively pulled him toward her, bringing his face into her chest. Roughly pushing her away, Hiei headed for the door once more and was pulled back again, this time brushing lips with Mukuro as she attempted to entrance him with a kiss.
“Mukuro!” Hiei said gruffly, pushing her away again and heading toward the door for the last time. He paused halfway out the door and turned back to look at her. “Don’t push it,” he said glaring, then disappeared, leaving Mukuro staring at the gently swinging door.

Shuichi sat in his cell, waiting for something interesting to happen while listening to the guards shuffle about around the cell and thinking of what he was going to do next. Testing the shackles that chained his wrists together, he noted that they were warded and would not allow him to access any of his seeds or plants. Since there was nothing he could do at the moment, he figured as long as he was in the demon’s castle, he would see him sometime, and hopefully get a chance to fight him and avenge his mother. What could they possibly do to him that was more torture than seeing his own mother dead before him? The whole thing seemed like a nightmare he kept reliving, and maybe it was, seeing he dreamt about it so many times. It was about a month ago that she had died, almost exactly a month in fact. He still remembered it vividly and feared sleeping because of it. Botan and he had done quite a bit of research in the past month, and he wasn’t about to let all that time go to waste, so he continued to think about the demon lord, and what would happen when they met.
If he was the evil demon Shuichi imagined, he would resort to torture and probably take Shuichi from his cell to do so. That would give him the chance to escape, and if he thought fast enough, he may be able to gain the upper hand, even with shackles on. If he could get to his bag before the vampire had time to react, he could pull out the crucifix or the gun that held several silver bullets. Botan had mentioned that silver bullets were most commonly used to kill werewolves, but should work adequately on vampires as well.
As Shuichi reflected on the month of studying Botan and he had done, he heard the scratching of metal against stone and turned quickly to see a short vampire dressed entirely in black.
Shuichi could tell he was a vampire, but beyond the sleek leathery wings and silken outfit, he seemed different from the others Shuichi had fought earlier. From far away, Shuichi couldn’t really see his face, but he stood differently, like he was troubled by something, like he was trying to stand tall, but there was a weight upon his shoulders that kept him from appearing as arrogant as he would have liked.
His spiky black gravity-defying hair made him seem taller, a white starburst fitting his head like a crown stood out in the dark, dank dungeon. The way he moved was smooth and fluid, the sleek clothes he wore were baggy and did anything but flatter the toned figure underneath them. As the demon approached, Shuichi caught a glimpse of his blood red eyes, staring down at the floor in front of him.
Was this the demon he wanted to kill so badly? He didn’t seem like a king or lord, or anything so demanding. But he was gorgeous.
‘What am I thinking?’ Shuichi realized, scolding himself for finding interest in the enemy. This was insane, he didn’t even know who the vampire lord was or even the slightest inkling of what he looked like and yet he feared him and wanted to kill him. Even still, this man was by no means, the vampire lord. He didn’t look the least bit threatening, and Shuichi found it hard to believe that he could even kill someone.
________________________________________________________________________ _
Hiei approached silently, his gaze following his future path as he made his way down the line of cells to where his prisoner was being held. Seeing a bag outside one of the cell doors, he automatically assumed that was the one, and walked over to it, looking first at the bag, then into the cell where his eyes locked with ferocious emerald ones.
Hiei was startled by the intense gaze, and stood there partially shocked before he looked away walking over to a chair across from the cell. Watching the man out of the corner of his eyes, Hiei waited till he looked away and stole a better look at him.
First catching his eye was the man’s beautiful red hair that reached to the middle of his back, bangs and side locks to frame his face. His eyes contrasted perfectly, making them stand out as well and his face looked soft as feathers. The last thing Hiei noticed, was the shackles that bound the man’s wrists, and the chain that kept him to the wall.
Suddenly, the prisoner looked up again, and Hiei found himself caught in his gaze once more. This time though, the stare was not as intense, and seemed soft, almost as if the man was pleading with him. Their gazes still locked, the man stood, giving Hiei the full impression of how tall he actually was. Hiei almost gaped at how slender the man was, but caught himself, and just looked the man up and down, taking in how fit and muscular he was, even though his clothes didn’t show much. Hiei got up and walked over to the cell bars, looking in at the prisoner, who’s gaze had changed back to the stern one he first met.
“What’s your name?” Hiei questioned roughly, hiding the curiosity in his voice.
The prisoner looked suspiciously at him, but proceeded to answer when he saw no harm in it, “Shuichi.” Hiei raised an eyebrow, as if the name amused him and looked the man over again, seeing no resemblance of the name in him.
“You don’t look like a Shuichi,” Hiei mused, “are you sure that’s your real name?” Shuichi only glared back, defiance in his eyes as he stared at the man he was forcing himself to hate.
“And what’s your name? If I am worthy enough to ask.” he replied smugly, walking up to the bars and standing face to face with the vampire.
Hiei was surprised by the question, and was about to announce his title, but he decided it was best if the man didn’t know.
“Hiei,” he answered, the gruffness in his voice fading. Shuichi held back a smile as he looked at the demon, positive this was not who he was looking for.
________________________________________________________________________ ___

Mukuro paced back and forth in Hiei’s room, waiting for him to return. “I should have never told him about the prisoner,” she thought aloud, not caring if anyone heard. “I shouldn’t have given him another reason to avoid me.” She growled and sat on the bed, staring across the room at the chair where Hiei once sat. “Hiei,” she said gruffly, “what do I do to get you to--”
“Get me to what?” Hiei interrupted, entering the room and staring sternly at Mukuro.
“g-get you to… go for a little walk with me,” Mukuro finished, standing in the presence of her lord. Hiei raised an eyebrow questionably, but then walked to the door, stopping in the threshold to ask if Mukuro was just going to sit there, or come along.
They walked to the back door of the castle, where Hiei went outside into the moonlit night, Mukuro following reluctantly.