Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Exchange Student ❯ Period 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Thanks, you guys for helping me find the gym."said Zinnia as her , Kuwabara, and Yuske stopped at the gym doors. Yuske grinned.

"No prob, Zinnia."said the spirit detective as he turned to leave. Zinnia blinked.

"Wait, arent you coming in?"she asked. Yuske turned around.

"No....I hate gym."he said then left. Zinnia tilted her head to one side.

"Um....okay......"her and Kuwabara entered the gymnasium. The gym was huge and was full of kids.

"I'll introduce you to the gym teacher."said Kuwabara grabbing Zinnia's arm and running to the rather short woman...a bit taller than Zinnia though. She had long brown hair and glasses. The gym teacher looked up from her sketch board.

"Kuwabara....."she said as she checked his name off of the paper.

"Ms. Perfetti(that's my gym teacher), this is Zinnia."said Kuwabara introducing the teen. Zinnia smiled.

"Hi!"she said happily. Ms Perfetti looked down at the sketch board.

"Oh yeah......you're the new student. Welcome to Saryaski Junior High, Jaganshi!"she said shaking Zinnia's hand. "Now please have a seat with the other kids."she said pointing over to the bleachers.

"Yes ma'am." said Zinnia as her and Kuwabara walked over to the bleachers and took a seat.

"Ms Perfetti calls everyone by their last name."he explained.

"Oh....."said Zinnia as she looked around in the gym from her seat. She looked back at Kuwabara. "So um.....do they have any special activities here?"she asked excitedly. Kuwabara blinked.

"You mean like ROTC?"he asked. Zinnia frowned.

"Um....no....I was thinking more like cheerleading......"

"Oh yeah, we have that! The tryouts are after school today."Zinnia's eyes lit up.

"Really?!"she asked happily. Kuwabara nodded. "Oh cool! I'll go after school today!"she said pumping her air into the air."I cant wait to tell big brother Hiei. I'll tell Yuske after class as well."she thought for a sec. "Hey.....where does Yuske go when he cuts class, anyway?"she asked.

"The roof."

"Oh........." Ms Perfetti came over to the bleachers.

"Okay, class today we're playing flag tag(oooh! That's my favorite game!)."said the teacher as she pointing to the bins holding the red and gold belts with flags.

After Ms Perfetti splitted everyone up into teams everyone got their belts. Zinnia was on the red team and Kuwabara was on the gold team. Zinnia tied the red belt around her waist. She then attached 2 flags on her. One hanging by each hip. Kuwabara did the same but his were gold. Both teams stood on one end of the gym and waited for Ms. Perfetti's signal. "Okay kids, get ready!"she blew the whistle. Now kids were running all around the gym(no one can ever catch me in this game but....oh my gosh my calves hurt now.....). Zinnia had already snathed both flags off a kid on the gold team. The kid sighed and went to sit on the bleachers. Zinnia smiled as she looked at the flags in her hands and she went and sat them on the small mat on the red's side of the gym unaware of the gold member sneaking up behind her. She instantly spun around and dodged the teen's grab.

At the end of the game only two people were left. Zinnia...and Kuwabara. They were standing about 20 ft apart. They stood there staring each other down. "Jaganshi!"chanted the red members sitting on the bleachers. "Kuwabara!"chanted the gold members sitting on the other bleachers. Zinnia and Kuwabara began to slowly advance toward each other. For some strange reason Zinnia was wearing cowboy spurrs. Everyone was wodnering where that jingling sound was coming from. They both began to walk a bit faster...then faster. They broke into a run. they charged at each other. Kuwabara jumped to the side and stuck his leg out. Zinnia felt the ground rush up to her as she fell and Kuwabara swiped one of her flags. She gasped. Luckily, she still had one left. Kuwabara's team was now cheering him on.

"Thank you! Thank you!"shouted Kuwabara happily as he held up Zinnia's stolen flag.

"Hey Kuwabara...."Kuwabara looked down to see Zinnia still laying on the ground but with a gold flag in her hand. He gasped.

"You little theif!"he screamed. Zinnia jumped up and jumped back.

"Well, we both have a flag left...."she started. "Who will prevail?"she asked. They both ran toward each other. Their speed was so incredible that smoke began to form. It spreaded through the whole gym. No one could see. They was a loud snatch sound. Once the smoke cleared Zinnia and Kuwabara stood facing in different directions.

"Who..who won?"asked one girl on the red team. Zinnia smiled and turned to her team and held up the gold flag. Her team cheered for her. The Gold Team looked mad.
Converting /tmp/phpGFT0qN to /dev/stdout