Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Fruitcake ❯ Meanies ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Fruitcake
A Yu Yu Hakusho Christmas story
By Ibara Bara

Disclaimer: None of these characters are mine. They belong to Yoshihiro Togashi, Studio Perroit, and any other people who worked on the creation of this wonderful series.

Chapter 2: Meanies

Yukina
Kazuma-san went to rest. He hasn't been skating in a while, and he got tired quickly. I haven't been skating in a while either, but I learned to skate at a young age, so I get tired slower. Of course, I learned on ice, but this isn't much different.

Hiei-san was having trouble at first, but he learned fast. He's passed me about ten times already. I hope he's having fun. He never seems to have fun, and is always frowning. I've never seen him smile.

Two big teenage human boys start to skate next to me. I look up nervously. Why are they skating so close to me? Suddenly, one of them shoves me. I lose my balance and fall to the floor. The two humans stand above me, laughing. I feel like crying, I'm so scared. What do they want?

Hiei-san appears next to me. I am relieved. He'll protect me. He stands next to me and snarls at the two humans. "Leave her alone!"

The two boys snicker. "What can a shrimp like you do to make us stop?" one of them sneers. Faster than the human eye, Hiei-san strikes, and the boy is laying on the floor, clutching himself and moaning in pain. The other boy backs away.

"Hn," Hiei-san sniffs, then turns to me and offers his hand to help me up. I smile at him gratefully. To my surprise, a tiny smile graces his lips, transforming his face into something beautiful. I have never seen him smile before. The smile only lasts a few seconds. I reach up to take his hand when suddenly the other boy's roller skate connects with the back of Hiei-san's head. The smile turns into a look of pain as his eyes roll up and he falls to the floor, his head making an audible crack as it hits.

I am immediately beside him. "Hiei-san!!" He doesn't move. A small pool of blood surrounds his head. Kurama-san quickly joins me at Hiei-san's side. Yuusuke-san, Kazuma-san, Keiko-chan, and Shizaru-chan follow soon after.

"What happened?" Kurama-san asks with concern. He gently turns Hiei-san over onto his back. Blood runs from the small fire youkai's nose and mouth, as well as a large cut on the side of his head.

I point at the horrible human who hurt Hiei-san. "He kicked him!"

Kurama-san fixes the boy with a look to kill. "If you know what's good for you, you'll get the fuck out of here right now!!" The half-youko's eyes are flashing with rage. "If you don't leave now, I'll kill you. And don't even think that I won't!" The boy skates away with a look of fear on his face. Kurama-san checks Hiei-san's pulse, then looks up at Yuusuke-san. "We need to leave. Now."

Yuusuke-san nods, then turns to Keiko-chan, Shizaru-chan, Kazuma-san, and me. "Grab your stuff. We're leaving."

Kurama-san picks up Hiei-san gently and carries him off the rink. I grab my shoes and Hiei-san's boots and we leave. We hurry to Genkai's. Kurama-san doesn't say a word the entire way there. I hope Hiei-san is going to be okay. He was injured protecting me.