Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Fruitcake ❯ Yukina's Present ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Fruitcake
A Yu Yu Hakusho Christmas story
By Ibara Bara

Disclaimer: None of these characters are mine. They belong to Yoshihiro Togashi, Studio Perroit, and any other people who worked on the creation of this wonderful series.

Chapter 7: Yukina's Present

Hiei
I wake up in my fox's arms. He is still sound asleep. I decide not to wake him. I snuggle against him and try to go back to sleep. But I can't. I carefully disengage myself from his arms and get out of bed to get dressed. He pulls me back into bed and holds me close. Damn fox was faking it the entire time.

He smiles at me. "I was wondering when you were going to wake up."

I growl at him. "And just how long have you been awake?"

His smile grows even larger. "About twenty minutes. I was watching you sleep." I sigh. Encouragable kitsune. "By the way, you forgot a gift at Genkai's. I forgot about it last night in light of the fact that we were engaged in...other...activities..." He runs a finger lightly up and down my chest.

I know what's on his mind. I jump out of the bed and dress. He watches with a rather disappointed look on his face. "What time is it, fox?"

"About seven, love. Why?"

I growl. He always calls me that. It makes me uncomfortable. "Why the fuck are we up this early?!"

He grins. "I have to go to my parent's house."

"And when do you have to be there?" I ask suspiciously.

"Not until ten." He smirks. "I thought we could have some...fun before I have to leave."

"Hn." Stupid, sex-crazed kitsune. "You said that I left something at Genkai's. What is it, fox?"

Sighing, he gets up. "I don't know. It was under the tree." He looks around the room for his pants, finds them, and pulls something out of the pocket. "It's from Yukina."

I stiffen. I didn't think... "Give me that." I take it from him and hold it, wondering if I should open it or not.

Kurama scowls at me impatiently. "Well? Open it already!!"

"Boy are you impatient. What if I don't want to open it, fox? Hmmm?" Kurama glares at me sourly. "Oh, fine. I suppose I'll open it." I take my time with the paper that the gift is wrapped in, taking full satisfaction in Kurama's impatience. After a few minutes, I finally unwrap it. It's a beautiful black headband with a silver embroidered dragon on the front.

Kurama gasps. "Wow. She is really good at embroidery." I nod in agreement and look closer. And catch sight of silver embroidery inside. I look at it and gasp. The headband falls to the floor from my suddenly nerveless fingers.