Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Hakida? ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Untitled

Kurama yawned, not opening his eyes until he was aware of a warm body on his chest. His green eyes shot open, meeting wide golden eyes, inches from his own. "Good Morning Youko Kurama."

He sighed and closed his eyes again, "Good Morning Hakida." His sister was a little strange, he had never woke up to someone crouched on top of him. He felt the bed move and he opened his eyes finding that she was sitting perched on the back of his chair. Hiei tapped on the window and pointed to the lock. Kurama stood up, "Did I lock the window last night?"

She shook her head; "Your human Kasaan came into the room last night and locked it."

"Did she see you?" He unlocked the window and Hiei sat on the windowsill.

"No, I heard her coming and hid in your wash room." She picked up a pencil and ran her finger along it. "What will you be doing today, brother?"

"School." He gasped, "What time is it!"

She glanced at Hiei who glanced at the bedside clock, "Nine."

"I'm late!" Kurama ran through the room throwing clothes off.

Hakida looked from Kurama to Hiei, then at the bedside table, then Hiei, then at her brother, then finally back at Hiei. "I don't understand." She looked at the table; "You look at a table and know what time it is?"

He grimaced, "No, the clock."

She glanced at a black bock with the numbers 9:05 on it in red letters. "And he is late for?"

"School."

She scratched her ear, "And that is what?"

"A human learning facility."

She nodded and picked up a paper, "Brother, do you need this?" He grabbed the paper and stuffed into his notebook as he pulled on some pants. She yawned and nodded, "I take that as a yes." She waved her hand and vines grew from the floor, making the bed and picking clothes up from the floor. "Kurama where do your dirty clothes go?"

He pointed at a basket and she deposited them there. Another vine appeared beside her, producing a three plump small brown pieces of fruit. She passed one to Kurama, "Eat this."

"What is it?"

"Breakfast. It has the vitamins you need and you will not need another thing until lunch."

He popped into his mouth, chewing the fruit and quickly swallowing. "Thank you." He looked down at his stomach, instantly feeling energized and full. "I'll ask about this later."

Hakida nodded and offered one to Hiei, "Would you like one?"

"Hn."

She shrugged and ate the piece of fruit the other disappearing. Kurama smiled, "You don't know what you're missing." He jogged from the room, down the steps, and out the door meeting Hiei and Hakida at the bottom. "Oh, Hiei, keep an eye on Hakida for me while I'm in school."

"Hn."

"Thanks Hiei."

He shrugged and pointed to a tree as they neared the school. Hakida nodded and followed Hiei as he jumped into the tree. Kurama called to them, "See you two after school!"

Hiei growled when he noticed Hakida was keeping up with him; something was different. She reminded him of Kurama but… something else was different about her; something that intrigued him.

"Curiosity killed the cat Hiei."

He stopped and looked at her. : Did she just read my thoughts? :

She smiled, her golden eyes glistening. : Yes I did. And I have to say it is amusing. Your mind is so active; I can hardly keep up! :

"How can you do that?"

She smiled and tapped his ward, "It's to keep in but it doesn't keep everything out." She winked.

"Stay out of my head Kitsune."

She smiled, "I had been… that is until Kurama left and you aren't much of a conversationalist. So to pass the time I dove into your thoughts. And you're right, I am different from Kurama; I'm female." She winked at him again, her golden eyes sparking mischievously.

"Curiosity killed the Kitsune." He growled.

"That's not the saying."

"It can be." His eyes showed a hint of anger as he reached for his Katana.

She smiled, "Can't beat me without the Katana?"

He growled, "You're treading on dangerous ground, Kitsune."

"The name is Hakida. And as long as your promise not to kill and I promise not to kill we'll be fine." She titled her head, "Well, little Youkai? Defend your honor using your fists?"

He growled, "Follow me."

They arrived in a clearing in a few moments. Hiei was on one side while Hakida was on the other. She smirked, "Sure you'll be able to handle me?"

"Hn, fight." There was a clash as both disappeared.

Kurama yawned as he left the school building; today had been exceptionally boring. His teacher had excused him from being late; but he longed to be at home learning more from his Kitsune sister. He immediately tensed, they were late, and he didn't sense Hiei or Hakida's Ki anywhere. He faintly felt Hiei's dark Ki and rushed at top speed; he stopped abruptly when he saw the two weary fighters in front of him. Hiei's right leg was injured to where he couldn't put any weight on it; Hakida's left arm hung by her side immobile. Each had bruises and scrapes as they looked at the other gritting their teeth. Hakida smiled, "Give up now Hiei. You can't beat me."

Kurama bit his lip and decided to watch the finishing of the fight.

"Hn."

She laughed and lunged at him. He tripped her but was unable to get out of her fall due to his injured leg. They both thudded to the ground, Hakida putting out her hurt arm to catch her fall but letting out a small scream in pain. Hiei's hurt leg fell hitting a large rock and he let out a similar scram of pain out. They lay there for a few minutes catching their breath. Hakida slowly pushed herself up with her sore arm and fell back down onto Hiei; she whispered in his ear, "Perhaps we could finish this later?"

He nodded and lifted her, "Next time I won't go so easy on you."

She smiled, "Good; and next time I won't hold anything back." Kurama rushed to her side helping her up as Hiei knelt on one knee.

"Hiei! What were you thinking! You could have hurt her!"

Hiei smirked, "No I couldn't; she was still holding back, she's got more in her."

She smiled and leaned on Kurama, "As was he, but that's ok."

Hiei wiped blood from his cheek and winced as he leaned on his injured leg. Kurama shook his head; "I'll take you two to Yukina." They grimaced but nodded. "How long have you two been fighting?"

"All day." Hakida smiled sweetly at Kurama. "It was fine; we just wanted to test each other."

"Couldn't you have found a less tiring way?"

She shrugged, "Probably not."

Hiei scoffed, "Hn."

Once at Genkai's, Yukina quickly healed them and began to start a meal. "You two haven't eaten all day; I'll fix you something."

"No, Hiei and I are alright."

"Nonsense! You can help me but I will not take no for an answer." She smiled and bounced into the kitchen.

Hakida shrugged, "It could be fun; and maybe I could help." She followed the direction Yukina went and yawned.

Kurama smiled, "Now why exactly were you two fighting?"

"To test each others strength as she said before."

Kurama shook his head; "She's a child Hiei."

"No more a child than you."

"She comes up to your shoulders! She's a midget!" Kuwabara added his two cents as he grabbed a donut from Yusuke.

"Hey you big slug! That was mine!"

Hiei rolled his eyes as the two tumbled into the floor fighting. "Her height doesn't matter."

Yusuke winked, "Of course not."

"Hn. what's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing. Kuwabara! Give it back!" Yusuke grabbed Kuwabara by his curly orange hair.

"Owe! Urameshi let go!"

"Then give me my food back!"

"Yukina made them for me!" The orange curly top squirmed.

Kurama chuckled, "Yusuke, there is another on the plate."

They paused long enough to glance at the plastic platter then continued fighting over the half-eaten powder puff. Yukina and Keiko had learned long ago not to put out glass plates with the rambunctious group. Kurama glanced at Hiei, jealousy, and scrutiny in his eyes as he looked at Hiei.

Hiei noticed it and growled, "Don't worry about your sister. I cannot love."

Kurama half smiled, "I don't believe that."

"Hn. I do not intend to choose a Kitsune to tie me down, Kurama."

"And I don't think she'd choose afire demon to keep her down."

Kurama looked to their sisters in the kitchen cooking. He was aware of Hiei's feelings for his own sister now; and he knew of the jealousy Hiei had toward Kuwabara as well as brotherly protection. He walked into the kitchen and sat at the table holding his hand out. Hakida smiled and saw sweat drops appear on his brow, she giggled, "Don't try so hard, just let it come. Let it be an extension of yourself." She waved the knife in her hand and a little cine shot form the tip dancing. She laughed and blew on it causing it to disappear. "You'll get the hang of it."

Yukina stood on her toes trying to reach a bowl. "Kurama can you reach that for me?"

"I could get it if you want?" Hakida offered as a vine grew from the cabinet. "Better yet… Brother, do get it… but using your Ki." Kurama looked helpless and then relaxed. "I'll help you Kurama. Use the vine, I'll guide it if you pour your energy into it." He nodded and they stared at the vine that began to grow longer, reaching the bowl, and setting it down on the tabletop. Hakida nodded, "Good show brother! Inari knows how long that took me to master! Then again I only had two tails at the time." She blushed when Hiei walked by her, his leg brushing her tails. She growled, "Watch the tails." She sighed, "That was one thing I didn't have to worry about when it came to Inari's Palace." She waved the knife and began to cut. "Everyone watched out for the tails; which is important to a seven tailed Youko. So many tails to keep up with… I would drive myself insane trying to keep them safe." She smiled and swayed her bushy silver tails, "How can you live without them Kurama?"

He smiled and watched his sister's tails swaying, "Sometimes I don't know."

Food was finally served; Yukina and Hakida carried the plates to the table, four or five vines behind them carried the rest of the food and drink. Yukina smiled, "Those vines are helpful!"

Hakida smiled showing pointed teeth, "They help in everything."

Kurama rested his chin on his hand as he watched his sister walking across the room, a pleasant smile on his face. Keiko poked him, "What are you doing?"

"She uses her plants so naturally." He pointed to Hakida as she sat down picking up chopsticks with a vine while reaching to pour someone a drink. "I don't even think she knows she's doing it half the time. They're like an extension of her subconscious mind." They began the meal, Kurama sitting on one side of Hakida and Hiei on the other. She squirmed between then as she ate, her tails swishing back and forth. Hiei reached behind him grabbing her tails as he growled, "Stop moving."

She narrowed her eyes biting her lip, "Let go of my tails." She growled lowly.

Kurama looked at Hiei; "Kitsune tails are very sensitive." Hiei smirked evilly and tightened his hold at the base of the tails. Hakida looked at Kurama who laughed and whispered, "Hiei, that particular area… is not exactly sensitive to pain although it is sensitive."

Hiei quickly let go and a trace of blush appeared on his cheeks that soon disappeared. When Hakida turned back to him, her face was severely flushed, "Don't ever, ever touch my tails there again." She growled and licked a pointed tooth as she turned back to her food.

: What did I do to her? : Hiei chewed on his lip and looked at her.

: Stop staring at me! : Hakida glanced at him angrily.

: Tell me what that did to you. :

She growled. : Are you an idiot? Didn't you understand what Kurama said to you! It is a very sensitive place! :

: But how sensitive. :

She glanced at him, his eyes glinting mischievously. : I thoughtonly Kitsune's were like that. Stay away from my tails. :

: Not until you tell me what it does. :

She huffed, stood, bowed, and spoke to Yukina, "I'm sorry, may I be excused?"

Yukina nodded, "Are you done eating?"

"I'll clean it up when I get back." She stomped from the room, her bare feet padding on the steps as she went outside.

Hiei smirked, "Excuse me." With a flash he was following her into the woods.

She stopped and whirled around angry, her golden eyes burning. "What do you think you're doing out here! You absurd little Youkai!"

He smirked and grabbed the base of her tails. She fell limply into his arms letting out a small moan. She growled in a whisper, "Let go of my tails, Hiei."

"Why?"

She looked up at him, a smirk on her face, her eyes rimmed with mischief. She licked her lips seductively and winked at him. "Because if you don't… I may have to take drastic measures." Her hands searched over his chest and under his cloak feeling gently. He jumped away from her and she fell to the ground. She swayed her tails testing and shook her silver hair, "That's better." She bit her lip and grimaced while looking up at Hiei, "Foolish… that part of a Kitsune's tail is sexual stimulation. I'm surprised Kurama hasn't told you about it." She shook her tails again stroking them, "No one has touched that part of my tails before, I feel slightly violated." She sighed, "Not that you would apologize for anything."

"You look like a child yet you are nothing like a child."

She shrugged and stood yawning, "You don't live over three hundred years for nothing." She smiled as she looked him up and down, "A tasty little fire demon, aren't you? I wouldn't mind seeing you without that little tank top." She winked and jumped into a tree. Hiei sighed and slumped. : Why is Kurama's sister so beautiful… and… dangerously strong? Those two factors are driving me to her. : He rumpled his hair. : Mukuro… I need to go back to her. I need to busy myself with her missions and then maybe I'll have all these idiotic human thoughts out of my head. :