Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Half empty Half full ❯ chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Crimson: Sorry for the slight delay. Now here we go.

_______________________________________________________________ _________

Noel's POV

Once the taxing task of moving Kenji's things to Damen's room, and setting up was done, I was exhausted. I sat down on my bed, and yawned as the others flopped down in various places. Sky toke a seat next to me, looking at Hiei pleadingly, probably because she wanted him to sit next to her.

I wondered why she seemed to like him so much. Sky was around Hiei in particular the second she met him. I felt my mouth twitch yet again when Hiei finally gave up, and sat next to her. I glanced at the small clock in the room.

7:00 p.m.

I sighed audibly. Now was the best time to let Sky choose, even though I had a good idea I knew who it would be. I tapped sky on the shoulder, and whispered in her ear.

"It is time to pick now, everyone still has to adjust remember."

She nodded.

"Miss Noel," she started.

"What?" she gave me an apologetic look.

"I am sorry for the question earlier," I stopped her there.

"It is alright, there was no harm in your question."

She hugged me really quickly, and hopped off the bed, moving into the middle of the room. Everyone turned their attention to her in slight interest. She put on a smile and pointed to Hiei.

"I choose Mr. Hiei."

Yusuke perked up an eye.

"You mean for the replacement?" he asked. She nodded.

"Uh huh."

"Why did you pick the person, I thought the replacement was going to be," I held up my hand cutting him off.

"True the replacement would be my new `partner', but he would also be Sky's, so I let her pick. Didn't I tell you that Sky shared this room too?"

Yusuke shock his head.

"No, you kinda forgot to mention that." I shrugged.

"Well then, now you know."

Kuronue's POV

I sat on my new bed, curiosity already knowing at me. I was pretending to listen to Damen about unimportant matters. I wondered who was replacing me, though I am positive it is either Kurama or Hiei. The door to the room was thrown open, showing the tentai, and my sister. Sky ran into the room happily.

"Time for dinner, time for dinner, come on let's go." She said, pulling on my arm, and leading me outside to join the others. It was then I realized Sarah was also there.

I noticed the shallow cut was still visible on her cheek, and I adverted my eyes from hers. She just shook her head.

"Kenji you are such a twit. I am not mad at you, actually to be truthful, I am grateful." She said.

I laughed, no matter what happens, she always seems to cheer me up.

In a short period of time, we arrived at the doors to the Mess Hall. It was odd at how many times I have been there before today. We entered the room, most of the slaves already eating, or finished, now spending the time to chat.

Noel, Sky, Sarah, and I picked up a tray and got into line, the others following our example. Today was one of the only days the ancients didn't have off, and so today they are the ones who serve everyone their meager meals.

Today was no different from any other, a ham sandwich and water, just great. I turned to look at my sister ahead of me in line.

"It's your turn today, Noel." I said. She rolled her eyes, waving her hand in a whatever manner, and together we started to walk towards our normal table.

I stopped. Our table was taken, and both Noel and I gave questioning glances at each other. We both replied simultaneously.

"Sarah."

The others came up behind us, each probably wondering why we haven't sat down at a table yet.

"Kenji! Noel! Over here!"

I turned my gaze to see Sarah waving her hands to get our attention. I noticed she was at an empty table. I also noticed that the table was, according to most, the worst table here. We walked over, and I gave her an exasperated look.

"What did you do, and why has our table been taken?" I asked. I used a voice that would normally be used for a small child that did something wrong, which was basically the situation. Sarah may be 20, but she acts like she is 4 sometimes.. Sarah put on an innocent face.

"Oh, no reason really, just be careful when you sit down."

I perked an eyebrow up, and set my tray down next to hers, and sat down slowly. I was glad I did. The second I sat down, the bench started to wobble violently. I finally understood why she traded.

For revenge.

_______________________________________________________________ _________

Crimson: You will have to wait until next chapter to find out more.